The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A - Page 2 Empty Re: A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Miyuki on the other hand didn't have that same issue about Kaito using magic, but she didn't know much about his penmanship or his ability to just sit still and work for a few hours.

"I should probably add that to the to-do list," she murmured.

She meant the dojo, if all the snow and the cold, they were going to be stuck inside more often than normal when they set camp.

"Why don't you take a nap?" she suggested, "That makes time pass pretty quickly."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A - Page 2 Empty Re: A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:08 pm

"Seems to be all I ever do inside," Kaito sniffed. "Besides, we have no idea how long we'll be in here. I can't sleep indefinitely."

"Oh, quit your whining," Daeron said as he entered the living room with Iorlas and Amir. "It's your own problem if you can't find something to do for a few hours."

"You could come play with Amir," Iorlas suggested brightly as she set the boy down in the playroom off the living room. "He's starting to do more actual playing."

The moment he was on the floor, Amir ran to one corner of the room, where a bag with his toys was usually kept. In moments, there were blocks and balls all over the floor.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:07 pm

Miyuki giggled as she watched Amir take all of his toys out.

"Now there's a suggestion, Amir would like that I'm sure."

As she said this, she picked up her brush again to continue her work. She wasn't quite sure what she would do with them. It was just an interesting thought. maybe she would get some white ink, and purple ribbons and put them into her hair, they could restrain her locks certainly and then be an extra thing to have in case she was caught unawares.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Kaito sat up again and looked over at the white- and red-haired boy. "What do you think, Amir?" he called over to him. "Want to play?"

Amir looked over at Kaito, and after a moment he smiled brightly and held a block out in the neko's direction.

"Do you need a clearer invitation?" Daeron chuckled as Iorlas settled in next to him.

Kaito sighed as he pushed himself to his feet. He would have preferred something a bit more exciting, but Amir did need playmates. 

Suddenly, unexpectedly, Kyrie spoke.

"Kaito does have a point," she said quietly, without opening her eyes. "With an indoor range, all of us could get more practice with ranged weapons of all sorts. Especially in countries like Jielam where we can't really set up anything outside, it would be good, particularly for Andarien."

She didn't know what a dojo was, so she couldn't comment on that, but she liked the idea of a range. It would give her something to do in times like this, too. She wasn't used to being idle.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Miyuki took out a paper and begun to sketch. Coming up with the idea wasn't hard, she still remembered what her Uncle Triton's was like, and how it opened up to the range. Of course it would be all indoors, rather than an outdoor. Could one create an outdoor, indoor? She would have to ask Lancerial when she recovered.

They weren't into collecting weapons like her Uncle, but they could store extra weapons if they needed to in the side like he had done as well. Especially arrows if it was absolutely needed. She also knew there would be tumble mats, but they have gone without and the springy tatami mat floors would do just as well. Once she was sure she had the details (it only took a few minutes) she made her way over to Kyrie to so her the paper.

"So here is what it would look like," Miyuki told Kyrie, showing her, "I think I'll put it... on the left next to the bathing rooms. This main square is the dojo, so anyone can use that to practice hand to hand and weapons. The left side can be open up for storage, that will need shelving. We don't normally keep extra weapons that don't belong to anyone, but in case we find something interesting or have something extra it can go there. The wall in front will open up to extend the dojo so it can be used as a range, and the right wall can be opened up to a stone floor dojo that is much bigger for Pokemon training. All of this will have the usual fire proof and tear proof runes to prevent damage, and because some of us have fire Pokemon."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:25 pm

When Miyuki approached Kyrie, Kyrie opened her eyes and sat up so that she could see what Miyuki wanted to show her. She listened carefully to the kitsune's explanation, and though her face remained expressionless, she was amazed at the thought that the girl had bput into the design.

"How long have you been working on this?" she asked softly, a hint of awe in her tone. "This is fantastic."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:31 pm

"Actually, these plans are based off of Uncle Triton's dojo back in Gaia. He's a teacher in the martial arts and a collector of weapons. From what little I remember of him," she told Kyrie fondly, "He has basic knowledge of all the weapons in his collection and of several styles of hand to hand combat."

So it wasn't hard to sketch out, with the exception of the Pokemon training area, it was nearly the exact layout of Triton's own dojo.

"And Andarien had talked about a training ground for the Pokemon, so the idea had always been there, it's just been a bit lower on the to-do list."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:00 pm

"It's going to require a lot of materials," Kyrie murmured, her eyes moving over the design. She couldn't read the letters Miyuki had used, but she remembered the description Miyuki had given, so she did realize what was required. "You could keep everyone here busy for days."

She had a feeling that the woodworking room would have to be the first priority if all of this was to be accomplished. After all, Miyuki could make the room, but she couldn't make everything for in it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:31 pm

"Once we get the materials for everything else, most certainly," Miyuki grinned, "Making the space is more or less the easy part."

Provided she didn't try to add anything to it like an environment.

"The items to stock the rooms, completely different, but I'd imagine we won't come across the things we need for a long while. Though I can at least make a room for people to practice in."

At the very least.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:46 pm

"I think that would be appreciated by a lot of us," Kyrie smiled. "For myself, I know it would give me something to distract me when I don't have Uruloki with me. I don't know how long it's been since he hasn't been with me."

Still, she wouldn't trust Mailon out there alone, and Uruloki was the only one who could get away with being out there with him. Lancaeriel had a small chance, but she wasn't quite as pale as Mailon, which made sense since she wasn't fully White Elven. Not to mention, she wasn't sure she would trust Mailon alone with any of the women ... even with Lancaeriel's abilities.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:24 pm

Miyuki nodded at this, "Fair enough, I can get started on that now. I'm pretty use to making new spaces by now and we do have a few hours to kill."

Really, she just began the ribbons because she was bored too, though she supposed she could have meditated over a plant pot and try growing something again.

Maybe she should think about a garden or greenhouse someday... or both.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:33 pm

Kyrie smiled. "Then don't let me keep you from it. I should probably take the opportunity to catch up on my sleep anyways."

Since Mailon had joined them, she hadn't been sleeping deeply at night, and rarely slept at all for more than a few short hours in a night. She was glad that Miyuki had spoken to her, though: it had been enough of a distraction from the situation that she had found herself relaxing.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:47 pm

"I'll get to work on that then," Miyuki nodded as she moved to gather up her materials once more.

It would be good to have a room to exercise the Pokemon in and practice in. Though, now that Miyuki thought about it, she didn't know where Ai disappeared to. Not that it mattered, they weren't going anywhere any time soon...

Putting that out of her mind, Miyuki told Kyrie she would see the woman later and left the living room to get work on the new spaces.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:26 am

When Miyuki left to work on the new areas, Kyrie headed to her room to get some much-needed sleep.

Hours passed. Wren emerged from her room to prepare lunch for everyone, though Kyrie and Lancaeriel didn't join them. When the two women finally did emerge (Kyrie came out a good half-hour before Lancaeriel) Mailon still hadn't come to let them out of the tent.

Kyrie's first instinct was to panic, her distrust of the White Elf setting in; but she decided to distract herself from such thoughts by paying Miyuki a visit and seeing how the new rooms were going.

"Hey, Miyuki," she greeted the kitsune with a faint smile. "How's it coming?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:14 am

Miyuki had been standing in the hallway finishing the protection runes that would ensure that the dojo (at least) would remain unscathed from any fighting.

"The dojo space is finished, and so is the storage compartments for the weapons, and the expanded space for the Pokemon. It's just the floors aren't done, they look like whatever the tent material is."

She set down her brush, she was going to have to get a new one at the rate this was going. It made her sad, because so far, other cultures didn't use brushes for writing, so to find one exactly like the ones she had been using would be difficult.

"I haven't done the range though, and that's because I want to try something for that, but I need to ask a few questions."

She figured there was no better time to try to create an outdoor environment indoors.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:21 am

Kyrie smiled and shook her head incredulously. "It never ceases to amaze me how quickly you do these things."

Then she paused, and her brow furrowed slightly. "Or perhaps before I say that, I should ask how long I was asleep. What time is it, anyways?"

Of course, being as the tent was in a different dimension, there was no way to simply look outside and see where the sun was.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:25 am

Miyuki pulled out her pocket watch that her brother had given her. She had checked the time before going to work, just so she wouldn't lose track of time. Otherwise she would have missed lunch (though she would have missed it if no one had gone and told her). Still, it was good to see at least what time it was.

"A few hours," she replied, "And really creating a space doesn't take that long once you know the array, and several hours is long enough to get at least the space to exist."

And by now she could do the arrays in her sleep.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:37 am

Kyrie ran her fingers through her hair and smiled sheepishly. "Well ... I do feel better," she chuckled. "Still. You're starting to make me curious about it all, and magic is one thing I never thought I'd want to hear more about."

Her eyes flickered from one rune to the next, though of course she didn't know what any of it meant, and then she smiled at Miyuki again. "Well, I'm going to see if there's anything left over from lunch," she grinned. "Has anyone else not eaten yet?"

She needed to know, after all, if she had to leave something for someone else, too.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:34 pm

"I don't know if Lancerial has eaten yet," Miyuki replied, "She wasn't at lunch. Did you see her at all?"

She wasn't sure if her teacher was still asleep or not.

"Otherwise, everyone else has eaten."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Kyrie shook her head. "No, I haven't seen her. Cael's on his own in the living room, though, so I think it's safe to assume she's still asleep in that case. I'll make sure to leave something for her, just in case."

She smiled at Miyuki. "See you later," she murmured; and then she headed back down the hall towards the kitchen, leaving Miyuki alone once more.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:54 pm

In the kitchen, Lin was writing down the current happenings. It was rare she got to write things just as they were happening, so now would be a good time as any. Besides, considering the territory they were in, she wasn't sure when she would get the chance to write again.

"Have you eaten yet?" Lin asked the moment she noticed Kyrie.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Kyrie smiled softly. "Hello, Lin. No, I've been awake for a while but I haven't eaten. I've been a bit agitated, I think - not used to being without Uruloki."

She didn't add that she was anxious about how long it was taking for Mailon to find a place to set up the tent and let them out. She was certain she could have found a place by now.

She looked around. "Where are the leftovers? Miyuki mentioned there was food left from lunch."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:21 pm

"There are bento boxes on the counter," Lin replied, "Quite handy for when someone misses a meal, but we only have four of them...."

There were two on the counter, one for Kyrie and another for Lanceriael. Miyuki had only made four just to see if she could, but they were useful to have in case anyone missed a meal. Since it kept the meal hot and in the condition it was when served.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:38 pm

"Well, most of us are here for meals," Kyrie smiled, "so I would say four seems like enough."

She picked up one of the boxes and brought it over to the table, setting it down before taking a seat across from Lin. She opened the top of the box and was greeted with steaming food. Immediately, her mouth began to water, and she dug in.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:25 pm

By the time Kyrie was done her meal, Lin had finished writing whatever she could about the trip so far. Though so far, there wasn't much, since most of the travel was being done by Mailon. She wondered how he was doing, her understanding was that he had been exiled from his tribe (and by extension possibly not welcomed into the country).

"You know... I don't think I've stayed in a house for this long, in a long time," Lin commented.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next