The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A - Page 15 Empty Re: A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:26 pm

"I'll help," Mailon offered, kneeling to let Daenis sit down and rest.

"Wait, let me first see if anyone else is near," Lancaeriel cautioned him. She turned to her husband. "Can you hold up a bit longer?"

Cael nodded weakly. "A bit," he murmured.

Lancaeriel put one hand lightly on his shoulder and smiled encouragingly at him, then spread her hands out to her sides and bowed her head slightly, closing her eyes.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A - Page 15 Empty Re: A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:56 pm

They waited until Lancaeriel gave the all clear before picking a place and setting up tent. Miyuki watched in interest to what her teacher was doing. Though she could spread out her senses and sense for other elves herself (using their magic as a marking point), she still had trouble telling how far away they might be.

Though as Beren had pointed out all those years ago when she was little, it was hard since everyone's magic levels varied. Unless she already knew them, like those in the travel party.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Once Lancaeriel determined that they were alone enough to set up the tent, she lent her strength to Cael so that the barrier could continue to protect them until the tent was set up and everyone was inside.

Wren immediately set about preparing a hot meal for everyone while Cael and Lancaeriel went to rest, and Mailon carried Daenis to her room so that she could sleep. Andarien let his Pokemon out (except for Ponydash, since he was just too big) and Eon ran off in search of his mate (probably the only one who could get near her, too).
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Miyuki also released her Pokemon, and let Yasu sit on her lap. It was quite comfy after being stuck out in the snow like that. She was a bit tired because she couldn't walk on the snow, though not as tired as Cael or Daenis.

She watched as her mother went off to grab a towel, Lin's feathers were wet and it was very tempting to ruffle them, but that would get water all over the place.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Earendil went with Lin. While he knew she could dry her feathers herself if she wanted to, he did enjoy the intimacy of helping her with the task.

By the time everyone had changed into dry clothes and warmed themselves a bit, Wren had a meal ready for them to eat. It wasn't anything fancy this time, since they were all tired, but it was steaming, and the fire in the oven made the kitchen quite warm.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:06 pm

The ability to rest (especially in a bed) helped a great deal in helping everyone recover their energy. Despite the tiring trek the day before, Miyuki was still up early in the morning the next day. Though she didn't get to the kitchen until an hour after she woke up.

Instead she had been meditating because she had let that fall by the wayside just a bit. Perhaps she thought, the next time they stayed in one place for a while she would also practice more of her staff.

Though it did bring up the question, she thought as she entered the kitchen, what they were going to do now.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:18 pm

The only other people who were up and about by the time Miyuki came into the kitchen were Kyrie, Daenis and Wren. Wren and Daenis were sitting by the table while Kyrie worked at the stove.

"Good morning, Miyuki," Wren greeted the young kitsune first, being the first to see her. "Sleep well?"

Both she and Kyrie were as energetic as usual, but Daenis still looked a bit tired.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:40 pm

"Very," Miyuki nodded in agreement, "And how are you Daenis?"

She did look a bit tired still, and Miyuki wondered if Daenis would still need to rest. Though that also created the question if she needed to, would they be able to?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 am

"Tired," Daenis replied softly, "but if I must, I will be ready to move on."

Yet despite her bravery, she did not sound as enthusiastic about the idea as she had sounded the day before. But considering the power she had expended, creating the storm, that was perhaps understandable.

"We will have to ask the others if they're ready," Kyrie pointed out. "Cael, especially. If not, we do have the protections on the tent to help us, but ... it's probably best if we don't let them get too close."

"Do you think they'll still be on our trail?" Wren asked doubtfully. "I mean, Chansond'eau is pretty far north, and I've never seen a storm like the one yesterday. How could they follow us? We changed direction, didn't we?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:37 am

"Who knows, maybe out of pure determination?" Miyuki suggested, "We already under estimated them once, but I suspect it's because whoever was following the fake trail left behind followed it for much longer than anyone would have expected."

It was the only way she could figure they would get onto them that quickly. Which either spoke about their thoroughness, or about their paranoia. She wasn't quite sure which it would be in that case.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:46 am

"I really did not think my father would be so insistent on getting me back," Daenis commented, sounding truly puzzled. "I have never felt that he cared for me ..."

"Maybe he's just angry that you vanished from under his nose," Kyrie shrugged, taking breakfast from the stove to the table so that she could serve everyone. "You did describe him as very hot-tempered."

Daenis tilted her head slightly. "Well ... I suppose ..."

"Come on, threatening to force you into marriage for not making a good enough meal?" Wren pointed out. "Hitting you for not wanting to get married? You're barely old enough, even if you wanted to!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:54 am

Miyuki frowned for a moment, thinking as she tended to do before tilting her head to the side.

"What is the average age for marriage in your tribe, out of curiousity?" Miyuki asked.

She didn't know why she was asking, it was just a thought that popped into her mind. Granted, Miyuki knew that White Elven society was complicated, who knew why he was trying so hard. It might be even for a reason they weren't even aware of!

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:27 am

Daenis frowned slightly as she thought about the question. She didn't know, to be honest. She had never thought about it, never considered it.

"I suppose it depends," she murmured. "It depends ... on when they want to. I really don't know."

"Depends on when who wants to?" Wren asked, arching one eyebrow. "The men or the women?"

"I don't know," Daenis insisted, shrugging. "I never thought about it, and I never wanted to get married. I didn't want anything to do with the men of my village."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:36 am

"Well... in the end it doesn't really matter. A person should marry when they want to and who they want to," Miyuki murmured thoughtfully, "Even though betrothals aren't unheard of..."

She knew in some places they were still a thing, so it wouldn't surprise her if that was the case here.

"But it shouldn't work that way," she added thoughtfully, "Anyways, all we can do is hope for the best. He has other people with him, he has to think about what they think and their welfare."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:40 am

Daenis raised one eyebrow, then shook her head. "You don't know my father," she murmured.

She didn't elaborate, but simply began to eat the breakfast that Kyrie had served. At the same moment, however, the door to the hall slid open and Mailon entered the kitchen. He greeted the women softly before moving to take a seat at the table.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:25 pm

Following right behind Mailon was Suki, having grown bored of simply staying in Miyuki's room. She had left Yasu behind, who was being used as a heater by Senka at the moment. It was becoming increasingly common since they came to these cold lands to see Senka sleep on top of Yasu and Yasu sleep in Miyuki's bed like a living hot water bottle.

Suki went around the room, greeting every single person with a call and a touch before settling in front of Miyuki. Her ribbons began to point to her mouth, just because her sibling wasn't ready for food yet didn't mean she wasn't!

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:14 am

Kyrie chuckled softly at Suki. "Yes, yes," she murmured, "there's food for you, too."

She set a plate of food down in front of the impatient Pokemon before serving Mailon as well.

"Has anyone checked to see what's going on outside yet?" Mailon asked as he began to eat.

"Not yet," Wren replied softly. "It has already been proven that the protective runes work well, so we know that no one will be near, and there's not much point to checking the weather until we need to know if we're going to be continuing."

Though for that matter, some of the group might opt to stay in the tent so that the others could travel more quickly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:40 am

"And we won't know that until Cael is also up and we take stock of how everyone's energy levels are," Miyuki added.

It couldn't be helped, Cael was still asleep as far as she knew.

"Then we can see how quickly we can travel again."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:46 am

"Though now that we've got the tent out, maybe we should reconsider Andarien's idea of having one person fly us out of here after all," Wren suggested thoughtfully. "Kyrie, it would probably end up being you ... what do you think?"

Kyrie sat down and leaned back in her chair. "Well, if it's just me, Uruloki could stay small enough that we might make it ... at least relatively undetected. We could at least get far enough that there really would be no way for Daenis' father to track us."

"Except by word of mouth, if people see a dragon flying overhead," Daenis murmured quietly.

Mailon smiled. "Do you really thing any village would willingly share information with people from another village?" he asked. "Think back to your own."

It took Daenis only a moment to consider, and then she had to admit, albeit a bit reluctantly, "Well ... no ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:55 am

"Is there a particular reason why villages don't share information?" Miyuki asked.

She was always trying to understand the white elf society, even if they confused the tar out of her. They were obsessed with being strong to the point where they tended to seem illogical to her. However, she did try, besides it helped when knowing how to deal and evade them, which was why Mailon was of so much help.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:12 am

"Because to the White Elves, giving information to anyone from another village might give them information that would help them," Mailon said dryly, "and helping another village has the potential to make them more powerful than you, and that's the worst thing that could happen between White Elves."

He shrugged. "I know, it doesn't make sense, but that's the way it goes. There's a reason I left them - more than that they want me dead."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:17 am

"Is every choice down to power?" Miyuki finally asked a bit exasperated.

Every time she had asked anything about why they did particular things or what sort of rituals they had it always came down to strength. No wonder why Mailon was amazed that Daenis hadn't yet been thrown out of the tribe. Though with the magic she showed yesterday, that might have been the reason why.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:25 am

Mailon blinked at Miyuki, then rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "Well ... yes," he said sheepishly. "I am sorry, Miyuki, but to the White Elves, power is everything."

Daenis was quiet. She knew all too well what her people were like, and talking about it only served to remind her of how badly she wanted to leave it all behind.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:58 am

Miyuki didn't want to imagine what that could mean for Daenis since they had been talking earlier as to why her father would continue to hunt them down. Though she also didn't want to think on it too much because it would give her a headache.

After all these people were concerned with the continual existence of their 'race' and yet they seem to be doing what they can to keep the population down.

"Well, at any rate, we're going to be here until everyone wakes up and eats, or at least we can't plan until everyone is here, but..." Miyuki looked at Daenis, "If we really need to, we'll cut out a lot of the northern territories on our trip. I know my family said they wanted to travel through all the countries, but if it's safer to head somewhere south, then..."

They've cut their trips short before when things turned out to be less than safe, so they would probably do it again.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:30 pm

"The only reason we have attracted any attention is because we took Daenis with us," Mailon spoke up in a cautionary tone. "Once we manage to lose those who are following us, I see no reason why we should have to cut our travels through the northern countries short."

"I only hope we do lose them," Daenis murmured, her brow furrowing slightly. "I cannot go back to them ... and yet, if they catch us, the only way to avoid going back would be if we killed them all. I do not know who it is that would come after me, specifically, but ... if my father is one of them, I do not think I could be a part of that."

A look of pity crossed Mailon's face, and he reached across the table and put one hand over hers. "If the situation arises, you will not have to take part in it," he promised her quietly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next