A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Jaunt Through Jielam - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Miyuki thought about this, since she and Lancaeriel had worked on two separate projects she didn't know what the testing phase of the rune array was. Also, Lancaeriel had already worked on something similar in her past life so her methods were probably different from Miyuki's.

"You'll need to sleep sometime though," Miyuki pointed out softly, "But I understand, this kind of rune work isn't something we can see ourselves because we're supposed to be keyed into the array so it won't affect us like it would people on the outside."

And Miyuki had just taken rune working, as well as Lancaeriel and Cael's knowledge for granted and trusted that it was done correctly.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Shoneah nodded sheepishly. "I know. And I promise I'll go to bed once Kyrie's back, if she says it's safe."

A soft padding sound came from the hallway to the bedrooms, and suddenly Xipil appeared, coming quietly towards the table. Light from the orbs that lit the room made the silver specks of his scales sparkle softly against the dark blue, and he seemed almost like a midnight sky moving across the floor. He hopped up into Shoneah's lap and then climbed to her shoulder, where he nuzzled against her cheek.

Shoneah smiled and nuzzled him back. "Poor Xipil. Couldn't sleep without me, huh?"

The dragon made a clicking noise in its throat and kept nuzzling her cheek.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:07 pm

"I guess not," Miyuki chuckled, "Though I noticed partners are rarely separate from each other."

She had been referring to the elven/dragon partners she had seen so far. They certainly were quite close and rarely parted, though she wondered how long it would be before Xipil would become part of Shoneah's skin scape.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:15 pm

"Uruloki went with Mailon, without Kyrie," Shoneah pointed out. "I know they're usually bonded, but I thought that was mostly to keep Uruloki hidden."

Of course, she knew of no others like Kyrie and Uruloki. She had joined the group a while after their adventures with Mari and Kasal.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:34 pm

"Out of necessity," Miyuki replied, "I noticed Kyrie was getting quite antsy. Part of that could have been because Mailon was in control, but I think a good portion of it was also because Uruloki wasn't with her."

Miyuki was sure the fact Uruloki wasn't with her made Kyrie's worries about Mailon even worse.

"There was one other bonded pair I've met, Mari and Kasal. We might get to meet them again on our travels, but Kasal was also always with Mari."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Shoneah nodded. "I see. Well, I have to admit, it does feel better having Xipil with me." She smiled softly. "I know he likes being with me, too ... I really should stop trying to get him to rest without me."

There was a click of agreement from Xipil at that comment. Before Shoneah could add anything further, though, the tent door opened, and Kyrie stepped in, accompanied by a blast of icy wind that stopped as the door closed again behind her. She brushed snow from her shoulders, then pushed her hood back and took a deep breath. Her cheeks were rosy, her fingers bright, and she rubbed her arms and stamped her feet as quietly as she could.

"Everyone else is asleep?" she asked, looking at Miyuki and Shoneah, her expression surprised. It wasn't clear if her surprise was at the fact that the two of them were still out there or because there weren't more of them.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:17 pm

"Yea... everyone else had trouble staying awake, it's..."

Miyuki blinked before checking her watch; she didn't know how much time had passed at all.

"Very late," she finished, "It's the middle of the night at the moment."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Kyrie smiled sheepishly and ran her fingers through her hair. "Sorry about that," she murmured. "I had meant to be back sooner. But I can assure you both that we are quite safe here, even without the protections Lancaeriel put on the tent."

She slid her cloak off her shoulders and folded it over one arm. "You should go to bed. We're going to be here a few days, until Mailon's rested up again, but I don't think we're in any danger of being discovered. Rest, and don't worry about anything. If you'd like, tomorrow I can show you something quite ... fascinating."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Miyuki tilted her head, a gesture she often did if she was confused, thinking or curious. Really it was a mannerism she picked up from her mother and covered a wide range of emotions.

"Fascinating eh? Well then, I guess that would be a good incentive to sleep, anything fascinating would be at least an interesting thing to check out."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:44 pm

"Or a good way to stay awake," Shoneah laughed. She pushed her chair back and stood up. "But I'm glad we're safe. I will sleep better knowing that, even if it does take me a while to nod off now."

She grinned. She was curious now, but she wasn't going to ask.

Kyrie just grinned back at the two girls. "Yes. Sleep. I'll be following you as soon as I've properly warmed up."

Shoneah opened the door to the hallway of bedrooms and held it for Miyuki. "After you," she murmured.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:57 pm

"Thanks," Miyuki smiled as she walked pass Shoneah and into the hallway.

Quietly she slipped into her room at the end of the hallway. Now that Kyrie was back, she was feeling a bit sleepy, despite being curious to the thing Kyrie had talked about earlier.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:52 am

Despite the lateness of her return the night before, Kyrie was the first one up in the morning, and by the time anyone else came into the kitchen she already had breakfast made and stored in bento boxes for people to eat whenever they were ready. There was a gleam of excitement in her eye, despite the lack of expression on her face, and it seemed out of character for her.

She was dressed warmly, wearing long sleeves and pants, and Uruloki was perched on the counter, his tail flicking back and forth as he watched Kyrie work. It wasn't quite warm in the tent, but it wasn't completely cool, either. It was the temperature of a room without its own heat source but relatively insulated against the outside climate. It was of course a bit warmer by the stove, but not by much.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:38 pm

Despite getting up a bit later than usual, Miyuki was still one of the first people up. She had always been an unusually early riser.

"Morning," Miyuki greeted those in the room, with her Pokemon trailing behind her.

Well, all of them except Ai, but she figured Ai was somewhere in the tent.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:49 pm

"Good morning," Kyrie greeted Miyuki softly, glancing up from her own meal and smiling at the girl.

"Morning," Uruloki echoed cheerfully.

"Seems I'm not the only one who can't get out of the habit of waking early," Kyrie chuckled softly. "Are you sure you got enough sleep last night?"

"Maybe she was too curious to stay in bed, like me," Shoneah spoke up from the doorway, having entered the kitchen a few silent steps behind Miyuki. She had Xipil on her shoulder and was stroking him gently with one hand. "Morning, Miyuki," she added, almost as an afterthought.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:41 pm

"Well... if I haven't," Miyuki started, "I'll feel it later tonight. At the moment, I'll just get restless if I try to go back to bed."

Even meditating would be better than going back to bed.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:55 pm

"I may get in a nap later, if Andarien doesn't want me in the forge," Shoneah mused, "but I think I'll be all right for the day."

"And I can't see Andarien not wanting you working with him," Kyrie chuckled, picking up two bento boxes and holding them out to the girls. "Here, breakfast."

Shoneah accepted hers and opened it to find hot, fresh eggs and thinly sliced fried meat in one section, and in another section of the box she found cubed fruit.

"So when are you going to tell us what's so fascinating?" she asked Kyrie as she began to eat, holding out some of the meat for Xipil. "And is it the reason you're so convinced that we're safe here?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:15 am

Miyuki rooted around the kitchen for her chopsticks before sitting down to eat. Perching herself on a chair (that is, sitting on it cross-legged), she began to eat. Her attention though was on Kyrie, wanting to know what her answer might be.

If she decided to give an answer at all, sometimes it was always fun to just show rather than tell.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:21 am

Kyrie smiled softly. "Yes," she murmured. "Though before going out, I have some questions ... possibly for Cael and Lancaeriel. I don't know if they would know the answers, but ... I can't think of anyone who would know better than them."

Shoneah looked at Uruloki, but the red dragon just chuckled quietly.

"Don't look at me to give away Kyrie's surprise," he winked at the girl.

Shoneah sighed in mock exasperation, then grinned at Miyuki.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:29 am

Miyuki chuckled as she flipped her chopsticks around to eat some fruit cubes.

"Then we'll have to wait then, I'm not sure when either of them will wake up."

Though Lancaeriel might be up soon she thought, since she slept for most of yesterday.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:13 pm

It wasn't long before others began to wake up and join them. Iorlas was the first, holding Amir by the hand, walking slowly to match his toddling pace. She greeted the others warmly and helped the boy climb up into a chair.

"What time were you back last night?" she asked Kyrie curiously. "We didn't even hear you come in."

"It was late," Kyrie admitted with a laugh. "I was trying not to wake anyone. We're safe here."

"Which, I'm assuming, is the reason we're still here," Iorlas smiled, pulling a bento box towards herself and opening it. She started feeding Amir.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:33 am

Miyuki noted that Kyrie was quite certain, which made her wonder was the terrain was outside.

"What is it like outside? The terrain I mean," Miyuki asked.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:37 am

Kyrie took barely a second to think about her response. "Mountains on three sides, and one plain," she replied. "The plain is quite empty, so we've nothing to worry about on that score. And the mountains, while passable, are ... shall we say, well protected? And the tent itself is in a niche in the base of a cliff, so ... pretty much invisible even without camouflage."

"But you made it sound as if there were some special reason we're safe here," Shoneah pointed out, puzzled.

The sparkle returned to Kyrie's eye, and this time she allowed herself an excited grin. "Yes."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:50 am

"Does this have to do with the thing you wanted to show us and that you need to ask Lancerial and Cael first?" Miyuki asked.

Seeing the grin on Kyrie's face kind of confirmed that for her, but she wanted to hear it from Kyrie herself.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:56 am

"Yes," Kyrie confirmed immediately. "And I have to say, I'm excited. It's something I've never had the chance to see before, something I've always wanted to see."

"Oh?" Lancaeriel's voice came from the doorway to the hall. "What's that?"

She wasn't alone, either. Cael was with her, which came as no surprise; but though Lancaeriel looked to be quite wide awake, Cael seemed to be rather tired. Then again, he hadn't rested as much as his wife the day before.

Kyrie looked at her, and her grin widened. "Actually, if you don't mind, I'd like to talk to you in private first," she requested.

Lancaeriel's curiosity was aroused, and she nodded, her expression bewildered. "Of course, if that is your wish."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 am

Miyuki tilted her head slightly, she wondered why it had to be in private. Unless Kyrie didn't want to spoil the surprise, she certainly seemed to enjoy keeping it a surprise from the sounds of things.

"You're just making it even more curious," she told Kyrie.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum