The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) Empty Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Getting out of Jielam was easier than getting in. As before, the group hid in the tent in a bag while Mailon bluffed his way past the border guards - but this time Kyrie allowed him to do this without Uruloki's supervision. Once they were a few miles into Friesia, Mailon once more set up the tent and let everyone out.

"So this is Friesia," Shoneah commented as she led the others out of the tent. She looked around and stretched her arms above her head, making Xipil jump down from her shoulder so that he wouldn't get squeezed.

The land was much the same as Jielam had been. It was the middle of summer, which meant that the sun had not set in over eight weeks. Thankfully, inside the tent, all they had to do was dim the runes to get their rooms dark enough to sleep, but still, it was cold, day and night. There was still snow on the ground - some places just a dusting, other areas a few feet deep.

During the weeks that they had taken to travel across Jielam, Lancaeriel had finished her greenhouse spaces thanks to some input from Shiro and Eron, and she, Cael and Wren had begun working in them. She had set it up so that from the hall, a door across from the forge room opened to a round antechamber, where eight more doors led to various greenhouses: a wet tropical climate, a dry tropical climate, a wet moderate climate, a dry moderate climate, a wet cool climate, and a dry cool climate. The seventh door led to an area where Miyuki could practice her plant magic without having to worry about disrupting the growths of any of the other plants that were growing, and the eighth was a storage room for gardening tools - which of course they did not have as yet, but hoped to get in the near future, especially as they were now in a friendly country.

Last edited by Nara-pyon on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:33 am

By this time, Ai had given birth once more to two eevees, both of them were male. Miyuki had to admit she was becoming a bit daunted at the idea of training another eevee. Managing three was already kind of hard, even though she didn't get to work with Ai nearly as much as she use to because of the cycle of nesting and birthing.

Still, it was nice to see Ai again and it was amusing to see two eevees run around because baby eevees had no sense of reining in their curiousity and tended to get into a lot of things.

In addition, with the help of Lancaeriel and listening to how the outdoors were created, Miyuki did manage something similar for the archery range. Now her little brother could practice that too while they were on the go, and they could both train their pokemon indoors.

Miyuki followed Shoneah out of the tent, watching as her Pokemon ran past her to take in their new surroundings.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:50 am

During their travels, Andarien had come to a realization. While he loved each of his Pokemon very much, he simply did not have the time to spend with or train each of them. It wasn't fair to them. It was a very difficult decision to make, but after a long talk with Daeron and Iorlas, and then with Kaede (who had been disappointed of course, but only briefly before becoming excited), he had given the playful Leafeon to Amir, who needed her more than Andarien ever would.

He came out of the tent now with Zeus in tow, and once they were outside he also let Ponydash out of his Pokeball. The Rapidash immediately reared and let out a loud neigh before taking off and running in a wide circle around the group. Eon ran ahead with Ai and the new little Eevees, encouraging the little ones to explore the area but at the same time cautioning them not to go too far.

"Looks a lot like Jielam did," Andarien commented, looking around.

Mailon chuckled. "Well, we're only a few miles inside the border," he reminded the boy. "The land doesn't change at the border."

Daenis was looking around apprehensively, and as everyone fanned out a bit, Kyrie commented, "Legend has it that Friesia is the home of the last of the Valar who still visit the people."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:18 pm

"Really?" Miyuki looked thoughtful, "How neat..."

She wondered if that was true, some legends did have some truth to them after all. The kitsune considered this as she watched the eevees play in what snow they could find.

"Come here Daenis," Lin motioned to the girl, "Why not come a stand over here with me and Earendil?"

She sort of understood the nervousness, this was new territory and Fire Elf territory no less.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Daenis looked around a bit, rubbing her arms slowly, and then walked over to stand a bit closer to Lin and Earendil.

"Hey Mailon, do you need to eat before we keep going?" Wren asked him, one hand holding open the flap of the tent.

Mailon shook his head. "Thank you, but no."

Wren nodded. "Then I think this is all of us. We can probably take the tent down, if everyone has what they need."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:04 pm

"Okay then," Miyuki murmured, "And I think everyone has everything..."

At least she noticed people had been coming out with their bags when exiting the tent.

"Are you okay?" Lin asked.

She noted that Daenis looked a bit uncomfortable for some reason.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Wren and a few of the others started taking down the tent in preparation for traveling.

Daenis lowered her gaze and shrugged one shoulder, though she kept hugging her arms to herself. "I suppose I'm just nervous," she admitted softly. "I know I've had a very sheltered life, away from the rest of the world, and I know what you have all been saying for the past ten weeks that I have been with you, but ... I still can't help but afraid to meet any Fire Elves. To be in their homeland. All my life, I have been warned about them, so going forward with the intention of meeting some ..."

Her brow furrowed deeply. "To be honest, it's terrifying."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:16 pm

"That's understandable, I'd imagine since your people are so well suited to ice and cold that flame and heat would be quite out of your element. So your people would have had a reason to fear them," Lin nodded slowly.

She put a hand on Daenis arm, trying to comfort the girl.

"I assure you though, you'll be fine and you can always stay close to the rest of us. The Fire Elves... I think tend to be a bit suspicious, but they are friendly and with Kyrie with us they'll recognize us as people just simply traveling through for the most part."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Daenis smiled faintly at Lin. "Thank you," she murmured. "I will ... try to trust."

One of the baby Eevees paused in its running around and looked over at Daenis, almost as if it could sense her anxiety.

Overhead, the clouds were growing thicker, threatening snow.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:08 pm

Miyuki blinked as she noticed the sun being blotted out. Looking up, she wondered if they were going to have a snow storm or if it was just going to snow lightly.

"Looks like it's going to snow," she commented, "Hope everyone is bundled up."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:19 pm

"Considering how long we've been traveling through snow," Earendil chuckled, "I think we're used to it now."

Still, he did pull on some gloves to keep his fingers from getting too cold.

Daenis looked up at the sky, seemingly startled, and frowned. The clouds had been moving quickly, but now they slowed down to their regular pace and seemed to grow thinner again.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:33 pm

"Or not...." Miyuki murmured a bit confused.

Though she put on her own gloves as well, she didn't even have the kind of resistance to cold that the elves had. Even if they weren't White Elves, they generally tended to be less affected by cold than her and her mother. Or like Eron for that matter who was making sure his cloak was covering him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:44 pm

"Come," Kyrie chuckled softly as the tent was put into a bag. "Let's get going. Friesia is a big country, too. I know we don't need to see all of it, but I'd kind of like to show you the northern mountains before we head south again."

Those were her favourite part of the country. It would take them quite a while to be finished with the country if they went that far north, but she wasn't worried about that if they weren't.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:02 am

"A favourite of yours?" Lin asked as they began to move.

Miyuki only paused every once in a while to make sure that the baby eevees weren't going to get left behind, though she trusted Ai and Eon to keep their babies close to them. So it shouldn't be a problem, it's just their first time traveling like this.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:10 am

Kyrie grinned. "Yes. There are a lot of mountains on this continent, and most people who travel consider the mountains of Caras Galadhon to be the most beautiful. All the silver in them, you know. But I honestly don't believe that they compare to the sight of the sun on the mountains of northern Friesia."

Daenis was walking near Lin and Earendil, but despite their reassurances she could not keep her anxieties away, and she ended up fidgeting with her hands while she walked. The one Eevee, the same one as before, while he played a bit with his brother and stayed more or less with his parents, would, on occasion, look up at Daenis as if keeping an eye on her before going back to playing with his brother.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:30 am

"That does sound impressive," Lin agreed.

She wondered if Shiro could take pictures on his tablet, and then wondered if he had been at all. Maybe it was because Kyrie mentioned how lovely the mountains looked in the sunset, but she thought that would be something wonderful to show others when they got back.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:39 am

Kyrie chuckled softly. "Considering that it still impresses me after seeing it so many times, and for so many years? Yes."

She had barely finished speaking when suddenly the group was surrounded by a ring of fire - not close enough to burn any of them, but close enough around them to make most of them rather uncomfortable. It was a smokeless flame, about waist level, so they could see over it; and a moment later two figures rose from behind a large snow-covered rock. They were dressed in white, and appeared almost ghostly as they approached the group of travelers.

Instinctively, though at the same time hoping everything would be all right, Earendil moved closer to Lin to protect her, should anything happen. Eon, Zeus and Ponydash gathered around Andarien, and Kaede took a defensive stance next to Amir and his parents.

Daenis shrank back, her eyes filled with fear, and tried to make herself smaller. Mailon, noticing this, moved to stand in front of her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Lin gripped her sword, and while she didn't feel the need to be protected let Earendil do so anyways. He always felt the need to, and she couldn't fault him for that. Though she wished he would let her also help protect him too.

Ai, Yasu and Suki gathered around Miyuki as Miyuki gripped her staff and mentally prepared to lobe an illusion or two if she needed to. Against fire, there wasn't many choices open to her, and it would probably be best to let Ai and Suki take the lead on this one.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:16 pm

"Hold on, it's all right," Kyrie assured everyone, pushing her hood down as she took a step forward. She waved to the two cloaked figures, smiling at them. "Good afternoon!" she greeted them cheerfully, speaking in the language they had used in Makshim. "We're rather trapped here, so you know you needn't fear us - but would you be so good as to lower your hoods so that we can see who you are?"

Immediately, both figures reached up to lower their cowls, and each revealed a pale-faced elf with bright red hair. One was a man, the other a woman, and though the woman's hair was typically long, the man's hair was cropped very short.

"Is that you, Kyrie?" asked the man suspiciously, taking a step forward. "It's been a long time since you've been around."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:26 pm

Maybe it was because she grew up in Gaia and then later in Haven, but Lin couldn't help but feel the ring of fire was overkill. Overkill in the way that could cause someone to mistaken them for robbers, or some other sort of attacker.

Though she supposed Kyrie's cheerfulness was at least reassuring.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Kyrie just chuckled softly and put her hands behind her head, her body language showing everyone that it would be a good idea to relax.

"Yes, well, I spent a few centuries with my husband," she grinned, causing Daenis to blink and whisper something to Mailon. "It was wonderful. But here I am."

"And not alone," the man pointed out, coming to a halt a few paces away from the ring of fire. The woman was still where she had been when Kyrie first spoke, and she remained silent, one hand on the hilt of a sword, her eyes on the foreigners.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Miyuki had the easier time of relaxing, mainly because she could simply just lean against her staff instead of having a death grip on her staff. Suki already took the hint and was pouncing on her brother, chirping and all around looking cute.

Miyuki wondered if Suki used cuteness on purpose.

Lin sighed and took her hand off her sword and leaned forward to rest her forehead against her husband's back.

"I could do without the paranoia," she muttered to Earendil.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Earendil didn't hear Lin, but he did take his hand off his sword and step back to be beside her instead of in front of her, and put one arm around her shoulders.

Kyrie didn't seem to be bothered by the man's comment. "I have been hired to take these people on a tour around our continent," she explained, gesturing to everyone. "Several of them are from another world, but others are from another continent, and a few are from here. This one," she added, gesturing towards Daenis, "we rescued from her village. She is not like the other White Elves. Nor is the man she is with."

The man nodded slowly. "You swear then, that they pose no threat to our people?"

Kyrie nodded. "I do."

The man glanced at the woman behind him and nodded, and suddenly the ring of fire disappeared. The man turned back towards the group. "Then welcome to Friesia," he said, though his tone was not quite as welcoming as his words.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Despite the fact his tone made his words sound disingenuous, Miyuki smiled widely anyways.

"Thank you," she replied, "I'm glad we can be here. Especially since Kyrie said the mountains are really pretty during the sunset."

She wanted to ask if there was anyplace that they liked, but she probably shouldn't push it. This sort of asking was a bit a step beyond what she did with Mailon way back, but it was something Miyuki found helped. It also tended to throw some people off, because it was kind of weird.

She could do weird, she was already technically weird.

Suki, seemly having taken this to heart sat up and chirped as if to agree with Miyuki. Ignoring the fact she was sitting on her brother. Until Yasu got up, allowing his sister to tumble back into the snow.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Though both of the Fire Elves kept a wary eye on the Pokemon, they paid them no particular attention.

"My post keeps me here," the man told Miyuki politely but without emotion. "I have never been that far north."

Shiro blinked and took a half-step forward. "Are you border guards, then?" he asked curiously.

The man nodded curtly. "Yes."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next