The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 7 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Iorlas bit her lower lip anxiously for a moment, clearly worried about how their traveling companions would react when they heard her story - but most of them already knew, and they weren't bothered, so why would it bother those who had joined the group later? And really, they had a right to know, considering they were traveling companions.

"Well ... I was not born an elf," she began finally. "I was born, thousands upon thousands of years ago, as a dragon."

Without going too much into detail, she explained that she had met Lancaeriel and had explained to the former druidess her unhappiness and how she didn't want to hurt people or have them afraid of her, and how Lancaeriel had given her the chance to live as an elf.

"Eventually I met Daeron and the others," she went on, "and my elven emotions began to take hold on me. I fell in love with Daeron." She looked at him, and he smiled at her and took her hand. Smiling back, she continued. "Lancaeriel changed me so that I was no longer a dragon, but permanently elven. Still, even she could not give me a soul. Now I am complete."

Daenis was not the only one to whom this was new information. Mailon and Shoneah were equally stunned, and all three of them could only stare in stunned silence.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 7 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Eron opened his mouth, closed it and then thought about it a bit more. He wasn't bothered by the fact, but he had to take in what that could mean for Iorlas in the past.

Lin noticed the way Eron's brain was working, and with him being from the same city as her family knew how it was working.

"You're still thinking like a Gaian," she told him, "Think, less Eastern, more Western and then throw in maybe creatures similar to that of Fluffy Cats and then it might make a bit more sense. You've met dragons here already, both nice and not as nice."

"Hmm.. true," Eron replied being a bit sheepish, "It's just... much easier to think of it in terms of what I already know, even if it isn't as accurate. But Iorlas is Iorlas so what race doesn't matter, what does matter is the soul because it means to exist forever."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:43 pm

"Okay, I know what Fluffy Cats are," Earendil spoke up, puzzled, "but I have no idea what you're talking about, Lin."

Though perhaps it didn't matter, since he did know what Iorlas meant. And Eron's final comment was quite impressive, though perhaps that was because of Earendil's own background.

"I know ultimately it makes no difference," Mailon spoke up finally, leaning forward and looking at Daeron, "but ... when did you find out?"

Daeron smiled. "I knew something was different from the moment I met her, and it didn't take long for me to figure out what she was. But it was less than a year later that Lancaeriel changed her and we were able to marry."

Daenis' mind was still trying to catch up, since she had never heard of anything like this in her life before, but the more she puzzled through it, the less sense she could make of it. Finally she just shook her head and murmured, "So when you all talk about finding the one you love and holding onto them ... you really know what you're talking about."

Earendil chuckled. "My people are almost as bad as yours when it comes to intermarriages. But look who I married." He grinned at Lin.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:50 pm

Earendil was right, it didn't matter since the comment was more for Eron and Eron understood. It was really a Gaian thing, which was why Eron didn't think what he said was anywhere near impressive as Earendil felt it was. To Eron it was the truth, and there were probably stranger things in life.

"Not that we've had much problem over all with our marriage," Lin murmured, "Your mother was thrilled and I think everyone else who knew us thought it was about time."

Considering how long Earendil had known her even after she hit adulthood. Really, in this world, she was an adult back when she hit her teen stage. So she had known Earendil for a very long time as an adult.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:56 pm

"About time?" Daenis asked, curious again.

"For someone who was desperately in love," Daeron laughed, "it took Earendil years to finally tell Lin how he felt, and honestly most of us thought he never would!"

"It doesn't help that our family is notoriously dense about love," Kaito quipped. "Half the people I talked to said they were about ready to kick Earendil if he didn't do something."

Wren laughed. "Let me guess. Ulrich and Ulani?"

Kaito grinned, his golden eyes gleaming. "However did you guess?" he murmured, just about purring.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Lin rolled her eyes, "Not that Ulrich wasn't a pain at least once before Earendil confessed."

Though admittedly that was her father's fault, because putting those two into the same room was asking for trouble.

Lin explained to Daenis, "I've known Earendil since I was a small child, so by the time I became an adult, I think a lot of people were just waiting and watching, and probably gossiping just a bit."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:40 pm

"Or a lot," Daeron chuckled.

Daenis shook her head, smiling. It sounded fun to her. It was so different from the life she had known ...

She turned to Lancaeriel and Cael. "And what of you two?" she asked. "What is your story?"

Lacaeriel and Cael looked at each other, and immediately their eyes filled with amusement. "Lan?" Cael chuckled. "Would you like the honours? You tell it so well."

Lancaeriel laughed. "Well, I could summarize. We loved each other from the moment we first laid eyes on each other, and we've been together through many deaths and rebirths. Is that so difficult to say?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:38 pm

Miyuki chuckled at that, "That doesn't really tell us much. I know Cael use to be your student, but beyond that..."

She honestly didn't know much more than that. Only that the two had been together for a very long time and through several life times.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:53 pm

"Come, you were present when we spoke with Mari in Garnelia," Lancaeriel reminded Miyuki, her eyes sparkling. "You heard just about everything there is to know about us."

Cael raised one hand timidly. "Um ... I wasn't there," he proffered sheepishly.

"Nor were half of us," Daeron added pointedly.

"What did you teach him?" Daenis asked Lancaeriel. Miyuki's comment had made her curious.

Lancaeriel laughed. "Oh, dear ... this could go on for a while. I think it can safely be said that I taught him as many bad habits as good ones."

Cael beamed. "Then I can blame you when I get into trouble?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:13 pm

"No, because you know very well they're bad, you told me so yourself," Miyuki told Cael.

Since it was Cael who had warned Miyuki about taking bad advice from Lancaeriel.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:24 pm

Lancaeriel giggled. "See?" she grinned at her husband. "That's what a student is supposed to sound like. You could take some lessons from her."

Cael just shrugged and leaned back in his chair. "It was worth a try."

Daenis giggled. "Well, that brings us back to my question. What did you teach him?"

"Magic," Lancaeriel replied simply. Then she expanded. "I'm sure you've not heard of druids, so I'll simply explain. In the early years of this world, several people from various races wished to study magic, to learn all they could about it. These people were the druids. I was one of them, as was Cael, though he joined later than I did. I took him under my care, and it just went from there."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Miyuki nodded, there wasn't much to add to that. She sort of took it for granted that magic was something that one could learn, and was completely different from the Gifts people had. Though Gifts were quite interesting because they could be so varied.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:05 pm

The conversation continued late into the night until one by one people started heading to bed. With no setting sun and no darkness for night, it was hard for them to keep their sense of time, and it was starting to show. Daenis was one of the first to head to bed (at the insistance of others that she didn't have to do the cleanup after the massive meal), and Iorlas and Daeron followed soon after, since Amir had fallen alseep a while ago already. Then the others went, until at last the kitchen was quiet.There were no more surprises (thankfully) except that one afternoon when Wren was showing Daenis the greenhouses, Daenis had grown uncomfortably warm and created a miniature blizzard around just herself to cool herself down, and Ira, when caught in it, had evolved into what Shiro called a Glaceon, and Ice-type pokemon.

The next few days were calm and relaxing, and though there was no rush, Kyrie did suggest that they turn south again soon before the weather started turning colder again. In the meantime, they had done quite a bit of hunting, so they would probably not have to stop for food again for at least a few weeks.

"What's the next country?" Andarien asked when they were packing their things away. He wasn't familiar with the geography like some of the others were, and he was usually pretty distracted with his forge work so he didn't always know what was going on or what plans were.

Kyrie wasn't bothered by that. "Dolerum," she replied with a smile. "Dark Elven. That's where my adoptive family lives, Lara's family."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Miyuki thought about it, before asking.

"That's where your brother is too right?" she asked just to make sure.

If she recalled, the two had some sort of agreement that the next time they met, Kyrie's brother would come traveling with her. Though Miyuki didn't know what that was about.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Kyrie grinned widely. "Absolutely correct," she agreed cheerfully. "He's promised to join me the next time I pass through, too, so we should be prepared for the group to grow again." She chuckled softly. "That being said, I don't think he's left the city since he chaperoned my visit with Ahkshi. This could get very interesting."

"Interesting?" Wren asked curiously.

Kyrie snickered. "He wasn't a traveler back then either."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:40 pm

"So... how did you get him to agree to going on a trip with you the next time you met?" Miyuki asked.

She would have thought if he didn't like the first trip he might not want to do it again. Unless he thought the chances of his sister coming to get him was highly unlikely.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:56 pm

"Just the promise of seeing me more than once every few centuries," Kyrie smiled. Seeing him was my first stop after my two centuries with Ahkshi. I asked him to come with me then, but he was in the middle of some research, she he couldn't stop it in the middle. He promised that by the next time I came though, he would be ready to come with me."

"He must really love you, to be willing to travel just for the sake of spending time with you," Wren commented.

Kyrie shrugged. "Well, I also convinced him it's the only way he's going to meet a woman willing to marry him. The people of Dolerum are as much sticklers about interractial marriages as any of the other countries aside from Caras Galadhon. Perhaps a bit stronger than most, with the possible exception of the White Elves." She smiled, but it was a sad smile this time. "He doesn't like to admit it, but he's unbelievably lonely there."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:01 pm

"Ah..." Lin nodded in understanding, "That's a very good reason to travel."

After all, that was the reason why Wren was traveling too, even though that almost seemed to be a side thing sometimes.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Kyrie smiled. "I thought so. And selfishly, I'm glad he agreed. I'd love to see him more ... but then, I'd love to see Ahkshi more, too. In a way I wish everyone lived in one area so that I could spend more time with all of them, but on the other hand, I've tried staying in one place. It's not easy."

Finally they finished packing the tent and all of their things, and started their way south again.

"Do you ever see yourself settling down in one place?" Earendil asked Kyrie curiously as they headed off.

Kyrie thought about the question for a moment, then shrugged. "I don't know. Unless by some miracle all the damage to my body is reversed and I somehow end up with a child, I don't think so. You know I stayed two centuries with Ahkshi. It was easy enough to start out, but ... after fifty years or so it started to get very hard. As much as I love him, I haven't been able to stay in one place since ... well, ever, really."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Well... Lin thought to herself, stranger things had happened. Though she could understand why Kyrie would get restless after a few decades.

"Is it just the need to help others or is it also just the need to keep moving and seeing different places?" Miyuki asked.

Really, she couldn't imagine not seeing a new location every few years or so at least, but she had grown up traveling all her life.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:29 pm

"Both," Kyrie replied without taking any time to think. "I've been asked that question so many times. It's hard to change your entire lifestyle, sometimes even after you meet the person you'd like to spend your whole life with. Ahkshi has always been very understanding of that, though, and that's something I'm very grateful for."

She smiled. She knew that the kind of relationship she and Ahkshi had was complicated, and she knew it was unique. She was well aware of what she had, and she was thankful for it every day.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:42 pm

"So what is your brother like?" Lin asked.

Miyuki nodded, listening on. What Kyrie said made her thoughtful though. She wondered if her and Andarien would ever be able to settle down if given the chance.

Last edited by Kara Winters on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Kyrie smiled. "Khetal is older than me by two years, and he looks like our father, rather than our mother. You'll understand what I mean when you see him. He's highly intelligent, logical to a fault, and entirely dedicated to whatever it is that he's doing. He's spent most of his life as a medical researcher, and he's developed quite a few medicines and treatments, which he quite generously allows me to share with Ahkshi."

Suddenly her eyes grew soft and she lowered her voice slightly. "And despite refusing to use weapons," she murmured, "he's one of the most protective people I've ever met. He will defend what he cares about, and he takes it very personally when he fails."

From her tone, it was clear that she was speaking from experience and not simply how she imagined him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:27 pm

"Did something happen that he took personally?" Miyuki asked.

Kyrie wasn't one to exaggerate when describing people, so it sounded like something had happened to him (or maybe both of them) in the past.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Kyrie pursed her lips and looked as though she had to consider her words. "Well ... it's a bit of a story, if you don't mind it taking a while," she said finally. "It's been a while since I've told it, too, so I may have to think a bit about the details."

Her comment only served to make Wren and more than a few of the others curious. "I for one don't mind, if no one else does," she offered. Then she looked around to see if the others also didnt mind.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next