The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 9 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 am

"If by fiction you're referring to made-up stories, then yes," Shoneah replied slowly, thoughtfully. "But ... not in written form. We don't have books like all of you seem to have in your cultures. Our tradition is oral, stories told by the fireside as we're eating dinner, or resting before bed."

She shrugged. "I don't know if that's helpful."

"What kind of stories are they?" Andarien asked curiously.

Shoneah smiled at him. "Tales of bravery, feats of strength. At least, usually that's what they are. Occasionally you'll find someone who knows how to tell a good love story, though those are few and far between. Sometimes they're just funny stories, but those are also rare."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 9 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:38 pm

"I think what you know might be more useful," Miyuki admitted, "I mean, this is going to be an oral story, just with illusions for pictures, but it still has to be told. I also think the tales of bravery is the kind of feel that would work for something like this."

After all, if she was going to make a story about dark elves, might as well do so in a way that would make other dark elves proud.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Shoneah nodded and smiled. "Sure. If you want to hear any stories, let me know. I don't know how relevant they would be to this world, but I don't mind passing them on."

"Can I listen, too?" Andarien asked eagerly.

"Of course," Shoneah agreed. "It's not like they're secret or anything."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:02 am

"Great," Miyuki grinned, "Safe to say that we would love to hear those stories."

It would also give Miyuki some ideas and hopefully some full stories to tell before they get to their destination. At the very least, it was something to look forward to when they make camp for the night.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:14 pm

There was general agreement among the group, and Shoneah promised to start that very evening.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9