The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:36 pm

"Well that makes sense," Miyuki murmured.

Since they were bordering one of the White Elves' territories so they would need border guards, and well she knew Fire Elves could be a tad suspicious at the best of times.

She couldn't help but wonder if Kyrie knew, she must have of course.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A) - Page 2 Empty Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 pm

"I have to ask, I'm just curious," Shiro said, smiling, though he was serious. "If Jielam is so dangerous - and yes, we know it is - and no one wants to go there, and if the White Elves want nothing to do with any other people, then why are the borders so thoroughly defended?"

"Because vigilance never caused anyone's death," the man replied flatly. "Inattentiveness does."

Shiro nodded. "Fair enough."

"At any rate, are we free to continue our journey?" Kyrie smiled. "You have my word that we will not cause any undue commotion. If anyone does, I will bear the responsibility."

The man paused a moment before nodding. "Go. You know the restrictions on foreigners." He turned to return to his partner, and the two of them moved back to stand near the rock behind which they had been hiding when the others had arrived.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Miyuki blinked and then shook her head before carefully tapping each of her Pokemon (especially Suki) to get their attention so they could be on their way.

"So... what are the restrictions to foreigners?" Lin asked once the guards were out of sight.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Kyrie motioned for everyone to continue forward. "Nothing untoward," she assured the group. "No traveling after dark, no weapons in hand when approaching Fire Elves ... just stuff like that to reassure the Fire Elves that they're completely safe."

"But I expect the reverse is not expected?" Earendil said dryly.

Kyrie chuckled. "No. They have a right to be sure of their safety, after all."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:59 pm

"No, it makes sense," Lin agreed, "Though I do admit, it does mean of the foreigners were equally as... uncertain, the last restriction probably wouldn't go over well."

She could see her father not appreciating such a restriction, his paranoia, while much improved over the years would have not liked not having weapons on him at all times. It did take a larger amount of trust from their side than the locals, but what could you do?

"And it wasn't like we didn't know they would be suspicious, we already knew that," Miyuki added, "So this is completely normal."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:27 pm

"And fair," Wren added with a smile. "It is their country, after all."

"A good point," Kyrie chuckled. "But it will be a nice bit of traveling. Calm and peaceful. Fire Elves may not be the most social when you're a foreigner in their country, but as long as you don't pose a threat, you're in no danger."

"Well, we've never seen you so cheery anyways," Kaito muttered.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Well that was also true, even Kaito sounded a bit sour about it (though to be fair he probably was sour about being stopped like that).

"So besides the mountains," Lin added, "Is there anything else about this country you like?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:03 pm

"Some of the northern dishes," Kyrie nodded. "The far north is so cold that few animals can survive there, which means it's the only place you can have these meals. They take some getting used to, but I do enjoy them."

"What kinds of meals?" asked Wren curiously. As the one who had been preparing most of the meals of late, she was always eager to learn new recipes.

Kyrie's eyes half-closed, and she smiled blissfully. "Whale and polar bear are some of favourites, but seal is good, too."

"If I might make a suggestion," Mailon spoke up. He put a hand on each of Daenis' shoulders and nudged her forward. "Lin, you had requested Daenis show you some of her country's cuisine, and I can speak from experience: her cooking skills are superb."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:52 pm

"I had, hadn't I?" Lin asked with a grin, "How do you feel about that Daenis? Showing us some of the dishes from your home?"

If Daenis didn't mind, she didn't know how the girl felt about cooking. Though it might help her to adjust a bit more once they got further up north. She'd imagined the food that they had been providing had been vastly different than what Daenis was use to.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Daenis was blushing brightly. "I don't mind," she agreed modestly, "but the food I make is so very different from what you are used to ..."

"Well, we all enjoy variety," Cael spoke up brightly. "And both Kyrie and Mailon are already speaking very highly of it, so I'm sure at least most of us are eager to give it a try.

Daenis smiled and lowered her gaze, then shrugged one shoulder. "Then whenever we have some meat from here, I will prepare dinner," she agreed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 am

"That sounds great," Miyuki grinned, "That's really part of the fun of traveling, is new foods, new cultures and just new things."

Since Miyuki tended to collect those things (even if it was to sell at a later date), it wasn't surprised she would be quite interested in that sort of thing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:21 am

Daenis looked at Miyuki thoughtfully. "This really is just a big adventure for you, isn't it?" she asked softly.

For her, this journey was so much more. She had left behind her father, her village, her friends, her entire life, for the sake of a chance at a better life, at happiness. But for the people she was traveling with, this journey was an adventure. Something they chose to do, simply for the sake of doing it.

It was an odd thought for her, and she wasn't sure she understood it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:40 am

Miyuki thought about it before shrugging, "Yea, pretty much, that and I don't really know anything else. My family has been traveling before I was even born."

She never had an actual place that she would call home, unlike her parents who would at times refer to the place they were born as home. For her father that was the Southland and for her mother that was Gaia. Otherwise home was a pretty loose term.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:44 am

Daenis blinked slowly and kept staring at Miyuki. She simply didn't understand. Well, she could understand if it was Miyuki's whole life, all she had ever known - after all, what one grew up with was what was normal for one when they grew older; but had Miyuki's parents also traveled so much that it was their life? When had it begun? Would it always continue that way?

She was distracted suddenly when she noticed that one of the baby Eevees was staring at her again - the same one. It seemed to do that a lot, she noted. Especially when she was troubled about something.

"Miyuki," she asked, frowning softly in confusion and nodding at the Eevee that was staring at her, "do they always stare like that?"

Last edited by Nara-pyon on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:53 am

"Uhm... no," Miyuki admitted, "You could ask him why he's staring. Their language skills are awfully good even when they're young."

Which made her think that Pokemon in general all had the gift of languages.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:01 am

Daenis glanced at Miyuki, then nodded slowly. She had seen some of the others talking to the Pokemon, though it didn't seem that the Pokemon used words like the people did. Maybe it was something like the unicorns?

She paused in her step and knelt down, holding one hand out to the little Eevee. It scampered over to her and hopped into her hand, and she straightened up once more and kept walking with the creature in her arms.

"What's the matter, little one?" she asked it in a soft voice, her forehead creased slightly. "Why do you stare at me so?"

The Eevee replied to her in yips and barks, and Daenis was amazed to discover that she could understand what it was saying. She listened to it intently for a few moments, then blinked in surprise and looked at Miyuki again.

"It has been sensing my anxiety," she said, surprised. "It wants to help me ..." She trailed off, and then her brow furrowed again. "But how?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:10 am

Miyuki looked thoughtful, "Well... if you would like to keep him... and if he would agree to being kept by you, just having him with you, close to you when you're nervous or upset helps. Andarien does that when he gets upset he has one of his Pokemon in his arms and he likes to pet them to calm down."

She didn't see why not. If the eevee felt he would be of better help, helping Daenis, Miyuki would be fine with that. As for his brother, Miyuki could take him on if Andarien couldn't. Kande already went to Amir because Andarien felt he couldn't give all four Pokemon the attention they deserved and even Miyuki admitted it was getting harder to look after all of them. Though she had it easier since there would be weeks she would go without Ai because Ai would get pregnant.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:14 am

Daenis was startled, and it showed in her face. "Are you certain?" she asked, her brow furrowing deeper. "I know how much they mean to you and your brother ..."

At her hesitation, the little Eevee stood up in her hand and put his front paws on her shoulder, reaching up to nuzzle her cheek. For a moment, Daenis still looked startled, but then she relaxed, held him a bit closer, and nuzzled back.

"But I wouldn't know how to take care of him," she pointed out, though the protest was a weak one.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:18 am

"Andarien and I can teach you, and if you ever have any questions we can't answer, Shiro can answer them," Miyuki assured the girl, "Besides, I think he's made up his mind."

Normally a trainer would have last say, and in a way Miyuki did, but she knew a good thing when she saw it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:22 am

Daenis giggled as the Eevee licked her cheek and then nuzzled her again. "Then I would be glad to have him," she murmured softly. She held the Eevee closer and stroked it gently. "I think you are right, he did make up his mind." She smiled at it. "It has been watching me since we left the tent."

And that had been a while ago now.

"Does it have a name?" she asked, looking back at Miyuki.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:34 am

"Unfortunately no," Miyuki admitted a bit sheepishly, "I've been a bit stuck on names. It wasn't hard for the first two litters, but by the third set..."

Well it was becoming a bit difficult and really her and her brother hadn't even agreed on who would take which eevee yet. She hoped he didn't mind she went ahead and did this, but she was sure he would understand.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:52 am

Daenis wasn't put off by the fact that the little creature did not yet have a name: instead, she was pleased.

"Then I can choose a name that means something to me," she smiled, kissing the Eevee lightly on its forehead. "Ira." She smiled at the Eevee. "How do you like that, Ira?"

Ira squealed and licked Daenis' cheek, and Daenis giggled and snuggled with it again. "Ira it is."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Miyuki smiled, glad to see the two so happy.

"What does Ira mean?" she asked.

The two seemed quite suited for each other.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:33 pm

"I have no idea," Daenis admitted, "but it was the name of my closest friend from home. The unicorn that was so protective of me, do you remember him?"

She smiled sadly. "It's still so strange to me, not to see him every day. But perhaps this little one will help me to think of them fondly."

She nuzzled Ira's cheek, and the Eevee squeaked his agreement.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 pm

"I remember..." Miyuki nodded as she watched the two.

They continued to walk together, and if any questions about the eevees was asked, Miyuki would answer them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next