Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Frolicking Through Friesia (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:44 am

"I have no clue, my marker for sensing is other living beings' magic," Miyuki shrugged helplessly, "Everyone's magical signature is unique, and I just can't sense auntie at all. It could be she's beyond my range, but that means she would have had to travel very far, or her output is being dampen, which you can do yourself with training, but auntie doesn't have that kind of training..."

Miyuki looked thoughtful, she supposed there were other ways to do that and maybe she should ask her teacher in the future.

"But I couldn't help but notice the other signature because it's so strong. It kind of gave me a headache and I haven't gotten one like that since I made a mistake of practicing this skill with Lancerial within a few metres of me. So something that has large magic reserves at least on par with Lancerial and Cael, but I can't tell you if it's a person or an animal."

Though this did make Miyuki worried simply because she was sure her range was decent enough that she could have sensed Iorlas.

"It might be nothing to do with Auntie," Miyuki admitted, "It was just hard not to notice it. I think we should tell Kyrie and Lancaerial. Kyrie and Uruloki can take a quick survey of the area, and there are other ways to sense people that doesn't require a magical signature. Lanceriael would know that and she would have a wider range than myself."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:48 am

Daeron nodded, and he seemed slightly comforted by the explanation, but not much.

"Then let's go talk to them," he decided, turning back towards the rest of the group.

Perhaps they could speak with Lancaeriel first, since she was the one with the abilities to sense things like Miyuki had. Kyrie would need more time to check things out from the sky. In the end, his decision didn't matter much, though: Kyrie was at the moment speaking with Lancaeriel and Cael, the three of them discussing the evening meal.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:53 am

The fact all three of them were talking already was a stroke of luck for them.

"Kryie! Lancaeriel! Cael!" Miyuki called out to the three.

Because Lancaeriel was her teacher, and therefore the person Miyuki went to for answers, she often forgot that Cael was another opinion she could bank on. So it was good to see him too, because his views on the matter would be most helpful.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:20 pm

All three looked up when Miyuki called to them, and from the way that Daeron, MIyuki, Shoneah and Daenis were coming towards them they knew better than to assume they were wanted for the conversation they were having.

"What happened?" Kyrie asked seriously.

"Iorlas has disappeared," Daeron explained; and he went on to tell the three what they had already done to try to search for his wife.

Lancaeriel and Cael both looked troubled at the revelation of Miyuki's attempt to sense Iorlas.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Miyuki noticed this look, and even though it did give her a headache, she didn't think that hard into it. After all, Lancaeriel and Cael had that kind of output, and while they were unique in their situation, surely they must not be the only ones right?

"What's wrong?" she asked them with a tilt of her head.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:34 pm

"That kind of interference rarely means anything good," Cael replied, his eyes narrowing slightly. "It sounds like Lan and I ought to check this out too."

"I also want to know why, if it's something so powerful that it gave Miyuki a headache to sense it, we haven't felt anything at all," Lancaeriel added quietly. "Usually I can sense when there's a power like that around me."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Miyuki thought about it, she had never asked how sensitive Lancaeriel and Cael was to magic when they weren't even trying. When you practiced enough, she knew that she could sense the coming and goings of people close around her. She just sort of tuned it out unless they were coming to her door, or into the tent when she was in the kitchen.

"Could you sense it now if your senses are spread out?" Miyuki asked, "Like if you were looking for it?"

Was there something that caused them to not sense it if they weren't looking? After all, Miyuki had to "look" to sense it, otherwise she would have never known it was there.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:50 pm

"Give us a moment," Lancaeriel nodded.

She put her hands together and bowed her head, and as she did so, Cael mimicked her actions. After barely a second, both of them winced, but rather than stopping, their looks of concentration only intensified. Like Miyuki, they could sense the enormous signature, and also like Miyuki, it pained them to sense it.

"Cael," Lancaeriel said suddenly, her brow furrowed deeply in concentration, "if we're going to find out what this is, we will need to work together."

Cael opened his eyes and reached out to his wife, clasping both her hands in his own. For a moment, the two of them looked at each other, and then Lancaeriel took a deep breath and closed her eyes once more, resuming her sensory search.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:09 pm

Miyuki watched the two carefully but didn't say anything in case it would break their concentration. She knew they were still looking for whatever it was, but she couldn't imagine doing so considering how painful it was to just sense it.

Though she had to wonder what they were doing differently to help sense this thing out.

Or person.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:22 pm

With Cael's help, Lancaeriel still didn't last very long, and less than a minute later she began to sway, beads of sweat on her forehead despite the cool temperature. Cael stepped forward and caught her in his arms before she could collapse, but it was clear that he was the one supporting her.

"Whatever - or whoever - it is," she murmured weakly, "it has such a powerful protective barrier around it that I can learn nothing about it."

Daeron's frown deepened. "Kyrie, will you go with Uruloki and see if you can find anything from the air?" he asked her softly.

"I could," Kyrie agreed with a nod, "but I would be searching blindly. Why not as your brother to use those stones of his to look for her? And come to think of it, wouldn't you have stones of your own?"

Daeron clenched his jaw. "I never thought to ask Earendil," he muttered, feeling rather stupid. "And no, I don't have stones of my own. At that point in my life I wanted nothing to do with my family, so I never received any." He sighed. "That's probably why I didn't think of asking Earendil."

Amir seemed to sense his father's distress, and he reached up and patted him lightly on the cheek.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:38 pm

"I forgot ada has those stones, I've never seen him use them before," Miyuki admitted.

It had never occurred to her, and she wasn't quite clear on what the stones did. She didn't even know that different coloured stones did different things.

"Let's go get ada then," Miyuki murmured.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:50 pm

"Wherever he is," Daeron sighed, hugging Amir gently.

"He is just there," Daenis said queitly, pointing to where Earendil had joined Lin by the tent.

A hopeful expression crossed Daeron's face, and he hurried off towards his brother. "Earendil!" he called as he came closer. "Earendil!"

Earendil didn't hear the first few times he was called, but eventually he did, and he blinked and looked at his brother. "He sounds worried," he commented softly to Lin.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:20 pm

"He does, and the fact there are several people trailing after him doesn't bode well," Lin commented.

Dareon had Amir, which wasn't unusual, but now that she thought about it, she hadn't seen Iorlas anywhere. At least, there was no cooking yet to be done and normally she spent all her time with Amir.

"Dareon, is something wrong?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:12 pm

"Iorlas has vanished," Daeron replied anxiously. "She left no tracks, and something is preventing Miyuki or Lancaeriel and Cael from sensing her. Earendil, I need you to use your stones."

Shoneah glanced at Miyuki. "What stones?" she asked quietly. It was clear that there was something special about them, whatever they were, otherwise no one would be making a big deal about them. But she had never even heard them mentioned before.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:19 pm

"They're called elf stones, and are given to those born into the main Aldrich line in the Southland," Miyuki explained, "As a sort of rite of passage. They're magical in nature and take on the colour that represents the owner, meaning only the owner can use them, and what they can do depends on the colour they take on. Ada is an explorer, so his stones can point the direction to where he wants to go or seek out."

It was the short hand version of what she knew about them. She didn't know all the colours, or even how elf stones were mined, but she did have the general idea of it.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 pm

That was of course only a nutshell, but it did help Shoneah a little bit to understand what they hoped to accomplish by using these stones.

"How long has she been gone?" Earendil asked Daeron, pulling off his gloves. He tucked them into his pockets so that he wouldn't have to worry about them while he used the stones.

"I don't know," Daeron admitted quietly. "I went to speak with Kyrie and when I came back Amir was alone."

Earendil set his jaw and reached for the pouch that hung around his neck, tucked into his shirt. Iorlas, he knew, would never leave Amir alone by choice ...
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:46 pm

"If you're going tracking, do any of you need anything?" Lin asked.

They were clearly going right away, but if there was something keeping the others from sensing Iorlas location, she would rather them go prepared.

"Is Kyrie coming with you?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:54 pm

"Yes, I will be going," Kyrie nodded, coming up behind Daeron. "When I agreed to be your guide, I took on the responsability for making sure that nothing befell any of you."

The look on her face suggested that she was taking it personally that Iorlas had disappeared without a trace.

"I will come as well," Shoneah volunteered. "I don't know if my tracking skills will be of any use, but if anyone needs any defending ..." She patted her holster, which had a pistol in it, different from the one she had entered the world with. "I've been anxious to give this creation of Andarien's a try."

Daeron knelt to set Amir on the ground, but the boy frowned and wrapped his arms tightly around Daeron's neck. "Come on, Amir, we're going to go look for Mama," he murmured. "You need to stay here where it's safe."

Amir just held on tighter, pressing his face into Daeron's chest.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:08 pm

"Amir, why don't we go back to the tent and wait for your mom and dad to come back?" Lin suggested.

Though she didn't really see herself being able to pry the little boy away from Dareon to be honest.

"The sooner your dad goes to find your mom the sooner everyone, including your mama can return."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Amir shook his head and clung tighter to Daeron. Unable to speak though he was, his comprehension was not lacking, and he had ways of making himself understood, too.

"I think it might be best we take him with us," Earendil said quietly. "Then we'll have Kaede, too - and it's only fair, I think. Would you want to stay back, Lin, if it were Miyuki or Andarien who was missing?"

Daeron stood up again and hugged Amir tightly.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Lin wanted to point out that if she were missing she would like the children to stay where she was sure it was safe. Yes, she would go search for them, but she was their mother, that was different.

However, she also noted that the group was wasting time arguing with Amir.

"I'll go with them," Miyuki replied, "With Ai, Suki and Yasu, Amir will be fine."

Lin sighed and nodded, she could agree with that, even if she wasn't quite comfortable with Miyuki going. Miyuki was an adult though, and more than equip to defend herself these days.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:23 pm

"You could come, too, Lin, if you wanted," Earendil pointed out, dumping his stones into his hand.

He closed his eyes and held the stones out in front of him. The deep blue stones shimmered slightly in the sunlight. For several seconds nothing happened, and Earendil frowned softly; but then they glowed suddenly with a blinding light that shone in every direction. Rays of white light spiraled outwards, then came together and shone directly towards the mountains where Lancaeriel, Cael and Miyuki had felt the enormous power.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:57 pm

"Well... I don't know if that's a good sign or not," Miyuki murmured once the light pointed them to the right direction.

It had been where the power source was coming from, but she knew it wasn't her aunt's so did that mean someone take her?

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:02 pm

"The only thing we can do is go and find out," Earendil said, starting off in the direction that had been indicated by his stones. The light faded as he started walking, and he picked up speed, leading the way.

"Incredible," Kyrie breathed as she followed after him quickly. "I've never seen anything like that."

"Well, I'm just grateful that Earendil was more patient than I was when we were growing up," Daeron quipped, hurrying after them.

Kaede ran alongside Daeron, and Shoneah was only a few steps behind.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Miyuki and Lin were close behind, being trailed after by Miyuki's pokemon.

Lin hoped that Iorlas was alright, and whatever that source of power was, wasn't dangerous. Though, considering how Iorlas disappeared, it was hard to imagine otherwise.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top