Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:18 pm

"Wren is a princess," Miyuki explained, "And the only child to the heir of the throne who in turn is an only child. So she wasn't allowed the freedoms some of us have out of propriety."

Because really it was only because she was a princess, and what people considered proper of someone of her station.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Khetal blinked and stared at Wren. "Princess? And how did you manage to go on a multi-year trip away from your kingdom?"

Wren chuckled. "Simple manipulation. Having traveled my own kingdom and those surrounding it, and having never met any suitable suitors, I was able to convince my father that were I to travel and meet more people, I might just return home with someone. That's about the sum of my royal duties. Keep the line going."

She held up one finger. "And before we go any further, I feel it only fair that you know I'm not the only member of royalty here. Daeron and Earendil are my cousins, though they're quite far in line for their great-grandmother's throne. By extension, their families are also royalty - Lin, Iorlas, Amir, Miyuki, Andarien ... even Shiro and Kaito, in a way. I don't know about the technicalites of it for them."

There wasn't much Khetal could say to that, so he simply nodded. "And I take it by the fact that you did not introduce yourselves as royalty that none of you have any wish to be treated like royalty?"

Wren grinned at him. "I like you. You're smart."
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Miyuki tried not to giggle or laugh for that matter, because it was just so amusing.

"And for Shiro and Kaito, it's in the same way Amir is a prince. They are adopted by Elnara, who is my father's aunt.... and I'll have it at that because when it comes to the adoptions, that starts to get a bit confusing..."

Miyuki knew the family tree quite well on the Winters side and she wondered why no one's brain had broken yet as the result of Elnara and her mother.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:50 pm

"Is that so complicated?" Khetal asked, confused more by Wren's comment about Shiro and Kaito's situation being confusing than by the information he'd been given.

Wren rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Well more because their mother has ... more or less given up her claim to the throne, despite still being on good terms with the family. Put simply, she moved away, but that's ... a long story, and complicated."

"And probably private," Khetal agreed. "It's quite all right. Why don't we just keep going with the tour?"

"Well, the first door here is the forge," Kyrie said, pulling it open. Heat poured out immediately from the room, and there was a loud clang! clang! of the hammer striking metal. Andarien and Shoneah were both in there, Shoneah holding a tiny piece of metal on the anvil while Andarien hammered at it.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:01 pm

"I wonder what they're making this time," Miyuki murmured.

It was pretty small, but gears were often made in molds right? Since they were small and had many little teeth.

"Sliverbirch and Andarien like to work in here," Miyuki added, "Andarien does things with gears, but had been learning the art of pistol making from Sliverbirch."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:08 pm

"Pistol making?" Khetal repeated curiously.

At the sound of voices, both Andarien and Shoneah looked up from their work, and Andarien lowered his hammer.

"Oh, hi!" he beamed at them, lifting dark lenses from his goggles. "Come on in! Showing Khetal around, huh?"

Shoneah also pushed a pair of dark goggles up from her eyes and turned towards their visitors, making sure not to let go of the tongs she was using to hold the small piece of metal in place. "Hello," she greeted them.

In one corner of the room, a shadow moved, and a moment later Xipil emerged from beneath a shelf and moved to stand next to his mistress. The red glow of the forge reflected off his glossy scales, and the silver flecks shimmered softly.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:42 pm

"Yes, since he'll be staying with us," Miyuki agreed as she stepped into the room.

It was always so hot in here, probably warmer than what she would like personally.

"At any rate, this is the forge area. Like I said, Andarien and Silverbirch mainly use it, but wouldn't mind to share if anyone else has any talent in metal making. Also if you need anything in fine detail they can probably make it with some planning."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:12 pm

"That may be useful if I continue my research," Khetal murmured thoughtfully, looking at the two metal-workers. "I hadn't thought I'd be able to, but ... with a tent like this ..."

Kyrie chuckled and put one hand on her brother's shoulder. "Just don't stay in your work room all the time," she grinned at him. "But come on, there's more to see."

Wren had been behind the others when they entered the forge, and now she led them out. "Daeron's woodshop?" she suggested for where to go next.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:16 pm

"Why not? It's just next door," Miyuki pointed to the door that connected the two rooms, "We had the woodshop and the forge room connected in order to do larger works like the tubs and such."

Also they could have barrels to keep things in (which were conveniently runed to be endless). The barrels amused Miyuki because one could jump in if they wanted, though there were assurances that if anyone did, they could easily get out. After all she took a ride in an endless bag and got out without a scratch.

Much to her mother's dismay.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:27 pm

"All right, this way then," Kyrie smiled, nodding at the door.

She led them to it and opened it without knocking. There was no one in the next room, and she had to find the rune that would illuminate the orb that was floating near the ceiling. The room didn't have much in it aside from Daeron's tools, though there were a few pieces in progress - a table, a chair, and something that was as yet unrecognizable.

"Cheery," Khetal commented, looking around.

Wren laughed. "Well, he doesn't work nearly as much as Andarien or Silverbirch or myself. It's more for pleasure than anything."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:29 pm

"Or when we need something," Miyuki added, "This room got added because we really needed tubs for the bathing rooms."

Which was how it started really.

"Though Uncle Dareon has pretty much added nearly all of our furniture," the kitsune shrugged, "Speaking of which, I was thinking of adding another bathing room."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:42 pm

"Perhaps before the bathing room you should start with Khetal's bedroom," Kyrie suggested. "Once we know how big it's going to be, we can request some furniture from Daeron for him, that way there's a better chance of it being done before we leave."

"How long are we staying here?" Wren asked curiously

Kyrie shrugged and looked at Khetal, who simply stared back at her. "You're looking at me for an answer?" he asked her, sounding amused.

Kyrie smiled. "Well, I don't just want to snatch you away from here ... besides, it's nice to see the family again. I'd like to spend some time with them."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:46 am

"So I guess when you're both ready then we can travel, but that will be up to the both of you, not just one of you," Miyuki commented softly.

Especially since it had been a long while since Kyrie had seen her family.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:23 am

Khetal smiled at Miyuki, then chuckled softly. "Well, normally I'd be begging Kyrie to stay at least a year, but since I'm going to be going with her when she goes this time ..." He shrugged. "It really doesn't matter to me. I've been with Leo and Lynliss for over nine hundred years. Leaving a few weeks sooner won't be a big deal."

"So you're leaving it to me," Kyrie sighed. She stuck her tongue out at her brother. "Fine, then. Since we had hoped to spend Winter in the southern countries, we'll stay two weeks and then move on."

Khetal chuckled and tried to flick Kyrie's tongue, missing when she reacted quickly enough to pull it back in before he could do so. "There you go. Not such a difficult decision, was it?"

Wren was amused by the interaction between the siblings. They might not see each other often, but it was clear that there was a strong bond between them.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Miyuki nodded, "Two weeks then. It won't take long to get the room made, just the furniture and bedding will be the parts that take longer."

She looked eager though, it meant she would have spare time as long as she didn't get distracted by her rune making or magic testing.

"Enough time to explore the city and have stories!"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:43 pm

"Better let Daeron and Iorlas know they've got work to do, then," Wren grinned. "Though I'm sure they can wait until after we've finished the tour."

Behind them, the clanging of metal meant that Andarien and Shoneah had gone back to work, so Wren crossed the shop and opened the other door that led to the hallway. "Come on. It's just the gardens, bathing rooms and storage left."

"Just, she says," Kyrie chuckled, leading the others out again and back into the hallway.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Miyuki grinned, "The storage rooms are right across from the forge and woodshop. Easy access to the raw goods there and close to the kitchen so easy access to the supplies."

The rooms (because those could be expanded too) were sorted by the type of goods they held. Food stuffs were kept separate from the room that held non-edible raw materials like wood, metal and minerals. The third storage room had finished goods, stuff that they didn't use anymore or was waiting to have a use. Such as the old smaller tents.

Miyuki explained this as she opened each door for Khetal to have a peek in, she also explained who often used what.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:55 pm

Khetal looked into each of the rooms, but after the first rooms he had seen, they weren't anything special anymore, so he didn't take more than a cursory glance inside. He was starting to get used to the surprises the tent had in store - or at least, that's what he felt, looking into these storage rooms.

"Bathing rooms are next," Kyrie murmured, leading the way there. Those had been put in long before the gardens, which meant of course that the gardens were furthest down the hall.

When they reached the first of the bathing rooms, Kyrie opened the door and held it so that Khetal could peek in.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:59 pm

"This one has the tub in it," Miyuki explained, "The other one has a shower. If you touch the runes, water will start fill the tub up. One is for hot, one is for cold, and there is a rune to drain the water afterwards."

That had been a bit complicated, only because Miyuki ended up making different rune arrays for the bath and shower, since they required different things.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:06 pm

The only thing Khetal understood about that was that there was a tub and that it could be used with runes. He had no idea what a shower was, though he could guess what draining was about.

"Sounds quite convenient," he commented. "I would imagine it makes for easy cleanup."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:19 pm

"It does, and good for when we travel to colder climates if we need to get clean," Miyuki added.

Which was the main reason for them to exist in the first place. Though the creation of the shower was more for the convenience of her, her mother, Kaito, Shiro and Eron. She loved baths, but not very practical at all.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:37 pm

"Or even warmer climates, too," Wren put in. "Privacy, no need to worry about bringing things with you or finding enough water to bathe in ... and let's face it, where in nature are you going to find warm water to wash in?"

"Hot springs," Kyrie quipped with a grin.

Wren chuckled. "Well, we've yet to find any, so I won't hold my breath on that one."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:03 pm

"I heard there's nothing like soaking in a hot spring," Miyuki grinned, "Mom said there are places in Gaia where special hotels and inns spring up around hotsprings to use them."

She had never used one and it never occurred to her to ask her mother if she had ever used one before.

"So I guess this just leaves the gardens to look at now..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:50 pm

Khetal didn't know what Gaia was, but he assumed it was the country that most of the group had come from.

"Oooh, this way," Wren said excitedly, leading the way to the gardens. Then she laughed. "Pardon my excitement, they've become my favourite place in the tent since Lancaeriel made them. We've only had them a short while, so don't expect much."

She opened the door that led from the hall to the garden antechamber. There, seven doors were set in a semi-circle, each of them labeled (in multiple writing systems, for the people from different areas) with what was inside. There was also a large wooden crate filled with various gardening tools tucked neatly out of the way.

"Khetal will probably join you in here for his research," Kyrie cautioned Wren as the four of them entered the antechamber. "Which one shall we look at first?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:22 pm

"How about we go clockwise and keep it simple?" Miyuki suggested, "So start on the left and work towards the right."

Since only one of the gardens was for Miyuki to practice in, she didn't know which gardens held which environments, or at the very least she didn't know them off the top of her head.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top