The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 7 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 7 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:01 pm

"But if you're going to be spending time here later, it's probably better to just glance through for now," Kyrie cautioned them. "We'll be here forever otherwise, and Lynliss is expecting me and Khetal back for dinner."

Wren chuckled. "Just poke our heads in then," she agreed, opening the first door. She stepped inside and let the others go past her. "Room one, a wet tropical climate. Not a lot in here, though I have been promised that this is the perfect climate for a lot of medicinal plants."

The space was quite large (as were all of the gardens, which were actually the size of a field), and mostly empty - at least, empty of large plants. There was long grass already growing, and several large frond-type plants, thanks to Lancaeriel and her plant magic. There were also a few insects - necessary, Shiro had informed her, for the growth and reproduction of the plants - flying and crawling around, though not so many as to be annoying. It was also quite hot in there, very different from the outside temperature and even the inside temperature of most of the tent. It was warm and humid enough that within moments of stepping inside, even the hardiest people would begin to sweat.

Khetal was fully aware that he was supposed to be taking a quick look in and then going on to another greenhouse, but he was so shocked and awed by what he saw that he couldn't speak, let alone leave. He had never seen such a place as this, even outside - but to see it inside, to see the open sky above them, to feel the humidity, smell a breeze ... it was more than he could comprehend. Controlling temperature was one thing - he had seen that in Daenis' room - but this was more than a step above even that.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 7 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:11 pm

"This is quite nice, you can also grow some tropical fruits too like mangos and bananas," Miyuki commented.

And some rarer ones like dragon fruit and papaya, it was just finding such fruits was going to be a bit more difficult.

"Uhm... Khetal, are you okay?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:22 pm

"Fruit and vegetables were part of the idea of putting the greenhouses in," Wren agreed with Miyuki. "Once we find some."

Khetal was brought out of his trance by Miyuki, and he blinked at her.

"I'm fine," he murmured. "But this ..." He looked back into the 'room'. "This is ... staggering. Absolutely amazing. I mean, I know you spoke of gardens, but ... this ... this isn't a garden ... this is ... so far above a garden ... the word simply can't apply ..."

Kyrie laughed and took her brother's arm. "I'm probably enjoying this too much," she grinned. "Come on, though. There are more to see, and you'll be able to spend all the time you want in here."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:29 pm

"And if you want details you'll have to talk to Lanceriael since she was the one who made the gardens," Miyuki added.

While Miyuki knew the theory (she had learned it while Lanceriael was making the gardens), she had never put that theory into practice herself.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Wren made sure the door was safely closed behind them and that none of the insects had escaped, and then she brought them to the second door.

"Now it's my opinion that that room is the most impressive of them all," she cautioned the others, "so don't expect as much from the others."

The second room was as hot as the first, but dry. The ground was a mixture of rock and sand - mostly sand - and there were no plants growing anywhere.

"When we reach a desert country, I hope to grow some desert plants," Wren explained softly, knowing full well that this room wasn't nearly as impressive as the first. "There are some with great properties, so I'm told, and Lancaeriel tells me that the desert grows some spices that can't be found anywhere else. It will just take a while for us to experience it."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:42 pm

Miyuki nodded in agreement, she looked forward to that, because she was sure some of the desert spices were very strong and quite tasty.

"I look forward to it, there's a good chance some of the spices are the ones used in the Southland too," Miyuki murmured, "Back where my father came from."

Which meant she was quite familiar with that kind of spice.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:53 pm

Wren nodded at Miyuki. "Yes, that's actually why I suggested it to Lancaeriel," she smiled. "If I hadn't spent time there, I would have thought deserts to be entirely void of plant life, useless in something like this."

"I actually thought the same," Khetal murmured thoughtfully, looking around. "But I suppose I shall learn."

Wren grinned at him. "Oh, goodie, my turn to have a student," she beamed. "But we should keep going."

The next garden was the one that was like Paradise Valley: a moderate moist climate. There were a lot of plants already growing in there as well, from flowers to vegetables to fruit trees - which, thanks to Lancaeriel, were already growing some fruit, though none were near ripe yet.

"This is where I spend most of my time," Wren told the others, stepping inside and out of the way so that they also could enter. "It's also where we're starting to get some of our herbs for cooking."

It was rewarding to be able to finally use some of what she was growing and to know that all her hard work was worth it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:08 pm

"Which is great," Miyuki added with a nod, "I can't wait until the fruit is ready. To have fruits and veggies this fresh is a real treat when traveling..."

Normally it was all stored, and it helped the non-elven travelers because they needed those fruits and veggies in their diet.

"It also solves the problem of what to do when we're in places that don't have a lot of plant life to eat."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:17 pm

"What kind of places are you planning to visit?" Khetal asked, his brow furrowing slightly.

"Every country there is," Kyrie replied dryly, watching her brother for a reaction.

For a moment, he simply stared, and then he blinked once, twice, three times, and stared again. "And ... you've been going for how long so far?"

"Three years since we left Caras Galadhon," Kyrie chuckled, unable to help herself.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:57 pm

"We said we had been with Kyrie for a long while," Miyuki told him.

It was as if he didn't believe them or something!

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:53 pm

"How many countries have you been to?" Khetal asked them, looking around at the three of them.

"Only a few, actually," Kyrie admitted. "From Caras Galadhon, we rushed to Shiezin so that Ahkshi could treat Amir, we went to Garnelia to help Mari, then stayed in Makshim for a while - probably close a year, all told - and then we came through Wolsic, Jielam, and now here."

Khetal's eyes narrowed. "Jielam?" he murmured coolly, though his tone was questioning.

Kyrie just smiled and nodded. "That's where we picked up Daenis. Nothing untoward happened, don't worry." She patted her brother on the shoulder. Khetal didn't reply, but he was visibly upset.

Wren didn't know if she should call off the tour and let Kyrie and Khetal work out their problems or if she should pretend she didn't see anything wrong and just keep going. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other and looked to Miyuki to see what she would do.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:31 pm

"We saw unicorns while we were there!" Miyuki exclaimed as if they hadn't spent most of their trip in that particular country running from Daenis' father.

She grinned up at him as if nothing was wrong with them being in that country, which really there wasn't.

"And we'll probably go back to Garnelia, since we only stayed long enough to help, so ada hasn't mapped it, and only half of our group has seen the country," she added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Khetal looked at his sister apprehensively. "Kyrie ..."

Kyrie sighed. "Look, Mari is back in charge, it's completely safe now, all right?" she said, sounding as if she were losing her patience at last. "Stop worrying so much. We're done with Jielam, which is by far the more dangerous of the two. Besides, Uruloki is a wonderful protector. You know he would never let anything happen to me."

"Have you ever seen Kyrie in action, Khetal?" Wren asked the man softly. "I can safely say that I have never seen her equal."

Khetal looked at Wren and nodded once, just a quick jerk of his head. "I didn't know it was her at the time, but yes, I have seen her in action," he replied. A sheepish smile crept over his face and he looked back at his sister. "She destroyed my research facility and kidnaped me."

Kyrie raised one eyebrow at him. "You know I'm never going to apologize for that."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:10 pm

"And he's never going to let you down for it?" Miyuki asked.

The two were quite interesting, but Miyuki hoped that he would be alright traveling with them. After all, they did seem to have this knack of ending up in the weirdest situations possible.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:24 pm

"In a way I can't blame him," Kyrie pointed out. "I blew up the entire complex and nearly killed him in the process."

Wren blinked, then sighed softly and smiled. "Well, I suppose it just makes my point." She turned to Khetal. "Kyrie is more than capable of taking care of herself. I can understand being concerned about her when she's gone, especially considering the adventures she's told us about ... but I wonder if perhaps your worry goes a bit too far. She's here, she's safe; to worry about times gone by is a waste of time."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:26 pm

"And now that you're traveling with us, you can see for yourself the kind of things we all get into," Miyuki added.

Though in hindsight she didn't know if that was a good thing or bad thing. Miyuki was use to going along with the flow, this had been the only life she had ever known after all.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Khetal sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "I suppose it's just second nature to me now," he murmured. He smiled. "I shall do my best. And I am looking forward to traveling with everyone."

"Even if he doesn't show it," Kyrie chuckled, taking her brother's arm again. "Well. Let's finish the tour quickly then Lynliss and the others will be waiting for us."

"Let's pass on the rest of the gardens," Wren suggested. "It's the same idea but different climates, and there's hardly anything in them either. He can see the dojo and the two of you can head back."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:23 am

"Oh yea..." Miyuki murmured, "I forgot about the dojo! Yea! Let's go there too!"

She was happy with the dojo, even though she had pretty much copied her Uncle Triton's layout, it was still a nice place to be.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:16 pm

"Dojo?" Khetal asked blankly, though he followed as Kyrie led the way out of the antechamber.

"An area where they can train with weapons," Kyrie replied with a smile. "Another outdoor area indoors."

Khetal sighed softly and smiled, shaking his head incredulously. "Is there anything you don't have here?"

Wren looked at Miyuki. "I think we've got what we need, anyways ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Miyuki shrugged, "Who knows. The advantage about a tent like this, is if we need anything else we can add a room. We could also probably remove a room too now that I think about it. As long as you don't think about too hard how the layout doesn't quite make sense if it was an actual physical space."

After all, if one thought about where the garden hall was, and how it was laid out, compared the door next to the garden all, there should be no room for it. In fact all the doors were fairly close together compared to how much room they had behind those doors.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:47 pm

"I could tell that the moment we stepped into the kitchen," Khetal said dryly. "That room alone would never fit in the tent's actual space."

Kyrie chuckled. "It's all fun. Come on."

She opened the door to the dojo and let the others head inside first.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Miyuki giggled as she ducked into the dojo. One couldn't see the outside when the sliding doors were drawn closed, but it was there on the other side waiting to be used. It actually, didn't look that interesting when all the doors were closed, so you didn't get to see the other side of the dojo with the stone floor for the Pokemon, or the closet that hide extra arrows.

"Here it is, but let's open the other doors first," Miyuki chirped as she opened the door to the range and moved to open the rest of the dojo up.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:29 pm

While Miyuki was opening the dojo, Khetal stepped forward and looked around. He had never learned to use weapons, had never held one in his life; but he was curious to see everything he could. It was another area that was bigger than it looked, and he was still amazed by what the group had accomplished with the tent - and still more amazed with every new area that he saw.

"Do you spend much time in here?" he asked, turning to his sister again.

Kyrie shook her head. "No. I'm usually outside when I'm not asleep, or when we're eating together. No, this I think is more for Miyuki and Andarien to train, though Earendil sometimes comes in here to let off steam, I think."

"Isn't Eron learning to use a staff from someone, too?" Wren asked curiously. She looked to Miyuki, since it had been from her that she had heard something of the sort.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:32 pm

"That would be me, but mom comes and helps too," Miyuki replied, "The staff was my first weapon learned, and really still my preferred weapon. The fans are useful though because I can bounce illusions off of those. For Eron, it's doubly useful, because a metal staff can be used to extend his senses since he specializes in Earth magic."

And Miyuki stopped there because she knew she could go on for a while about magic and it's uses if someone let her.

"Anyways, Andarien uses the range because his first weapon was really the bow and arrow, but he also practices his pistol as well. We both use this side of the dojo..."

She opened up a wall to reveal one side had stone flooring instead of the mats.

"For Pokemon training."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Khetal stepped into the area for Pokemon training and looked around, impressed. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Mm. It even smells like outside in here."

"It is good, isn't it?" Kyrie grinned at him. "It does make it easy to travel."

"I've a feeling I'm going to be so spoiled traveling like this that when you all return home I won't be prepared to keep traveling with Kyrie anymore," Khetal chuckled softly. "It is wonderful."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next