The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 14 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:36 pm

"I probably still should look around the market to make sure I'm not offering anything that could be found in this country," Miyuki agreed with a nod.

There was no point in competing with local vendors, that was not her purpose. Her purpose was to find what couldn't be found else where and then offer it over there instead.

"Who knows, I might find something interesting for somewhere else... if they are willing to do business with me," Miyuki added.

That is, give her reasonable prices, she still had to make a profit from this to keep going after all.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 14 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:03 pm

"Hmm ... you might be better off going with Gwen, then," Kyrie murmured thoughtfully. "She would also wknow a lot more about the city thank I would - it's been such a long time since I've spent any real time here, and it has changed some."

Mailon brought breakfast to the table and began to serve it to those who were present.

"When will Gwen be here?" Daeron asked Kyrie.

Kyrie looked at the door. "She was only a few minutes behind me," she replied in a puzzled tone. "I actually expected her here by now. But then, she probably didn't run ... and she may have run into someone and gotten distracted ..."

Daeron chuckled. "Any time, then."

"Yes." Kyrie smiled back. "Any time."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:27 pm

"Well, we're not in a hurry," Miyuki paused to glance at her aunt and uncle, "At least I don't think."

She was pretty sure they weren't in a hurry anyways.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:38 pm

"Well if you're going to be going with Gwen, we'll go out with Kyrie," Iorlas smiled at Miyuki. "That way we won't have to keep you out later than you want."

"What do you recommend we take for trading?" Daeron asked Kyrie curiously.

Kyrie leaned back in her chair. "You have coin?" Daeron nodded, and Kyrie shrugged. "We can start with a stop at the treasury. Get it changed for Dolerum currency."

Suddenly Gwen stepped into the tent, bright and cheery as usual. "Morning, everyone!" she beamed. "Hope I'm not interrupting."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:00 pm

"Not at all," Lin assured Gwen, "We're just finishing breakfast. How was last night?"

She hoped Gwen wasn't too bothered by Jerome's actions last night. Even though Kyrie had just told them that her family wasn't aware half of what the boy was capable of.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:14 pm

"I was about to ask you the same question," Gwen admitted with a smile. "But considering that Kyrie seems calm enough, I would assume that things are fine here. Last night was fine, I went home and went to bed. Slept well. It took a while to get home, Papa wanted to find people to post around the tent right away. I didn't see anyone when I came, though, so I ..."

She trailed off, glancing sidewise at Kyrie, who smiled.

"Yes, Leo has four people here," she affirmed. "They're well hidden and well placed. I wouldn't expect most people to see them."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:02 pm

Lin smiled, "We didn't have any issues last night, though it was kind of hard to sleep a bit after all that excitement."

The angel tilted her head in a way that reminded Miyuki of Grandmother Kara, in fact the wording was very similar too.

"We were talking about earlier about going out," Miyuki told Gwen.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Gwen's eyes lit up brightly. "Oh, that sounds like fun!" she beamed. "Who's all coming?"

Kyrie chuckled. "Well, if you'd like to take Miyuki, I'll take Daeron and Iorlas with me. Most of the others are ... I'm assuming still asleep?" She looked to the others for confirmation.

Earendil shrugged. "They haven't been out here yet, anyways."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:52 pm

"If there are others up they might be working in other parts of the tent," Lin added knowingly.

Andarien could easily get caught up in his work, as could Shiro. Though she was sure Kaito was still very much asleep.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:57 pm

"But at the moment we know of no one else who wants to go out," Kyrie smiled at her sister.

"I would be happy to watch Amir for you," Daenis offered to Iorlas and Daeron. "You did say that you wanted him to stay behind, yes?"

Iorlas smiled warmly and grasped Daenis' hand gratefully. "That would make me feel much better, thank you."

"Then just let me get our things and we'll be ready to go," Daeron told Kyrie, pushing his chair back and standing.

Gwen turned to Miyuki and grinned. "So it's you and me, then, Miyuki! Ready when you are!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:40 pm

"Just let me grab my bag and we can be on our way," Miyuki replied, "Do you mind if Ai comes with us?"

She would rather have Ai out and about, and next to Yashu, she was the best to be out and about. Suki was too likely to wander off and Ryo, well he was too eager to help out sometimes.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:44 pm

Gwen's eyes sparkled. "Of course not. I think this shall be quite fun. I'll stay here until you're ready then. Just sit here and get to know some more of your group while I'm waiting."

She was assuming of course that Miyuki's bag was in her room.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:03 pm

"I'll be right back," Miyuki promised.

Her bag was indeed in her room and she had to go all the way down the hall to get it. It didn't take long though since the doors were close together. The joys of having an impossible tent.

Soon enough, Miyuki was back with her bag and Ai trailing behind her.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:11 pm

When Miyuki returned, Daeron still hadn't, so she and Gwen were the first to bid the others good day and then leave. The air outside was crisp and cool, and a fresh blanket of snow had fallen during the night. The sky was clear now, the sun shining brightly without seeming to provide any warmth.

"Does Winter come so early where you live?" Gwen asked the kitsune curiously, wrapping her fists in her cloak and pulling it tightly around her body. Her breath left her lips in white vapours before vanishing again.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm

Miyuki had to think about it, because where was a loaded question. Miyuki never considered one country her home even though she recognized her father was from the Southland and her mother was from a part of Gaia that actually got snow.

"It depends on where you're talking about. My father is a Southerlander, they live in the desert so it never snows. I mean, there's a winter, and it is cooler than the summer, but if you're not use to the heat it's not like you can tell. My mother is from a part of Gaia that does get snow in the winter, though I've never been there during the winter. Though, seeing as they get hot summers, mild springs and cold winters, I'd say their winters never come early unless the weather is being unusual for that year."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:35 pm

"You sound like Kyrie," Gwen laughed softly. "Ask a general question and you'll get about twenty answers, one for each country."

She grinned at Miyuki. "What places do you want to visit? I never did hear. I know Khetal took you to his lab yesterday, so you've seen that ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:40 pm

Miyuki would have protested that she didn't quite come from one place, but Gwen had changed the subject. This one she didn't need to think about that much.

"If you have a marketplace there would be good. I just need to get a feel for the kind of raw goods that normally comes through this city, and a bit of the finished goods, but mainly my focus is on raw goods. Mainly the edible kind since that is the most localized good to exist. Though if anyone is selling wood, metal, fabric and the like I'll look at that too. Most of the time, goods like those you can get in other countries... except wood. Wood can be at times specific to certain areas and they can have textures, shades and scents unique to them. Like.. I would like to bring some fresh pine wood back to the southern countries since pine trees don't tend to grow there, and they have a lovely scent."

Miyuki sometimes spent way too much time at the market even though she wasn't what Gaians call a shopaholic.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:48 pm

"Sure!" Gwen beamed. "We've got two business areas in the city - one for market, edibles and raw ingredients and such, and the other is for craftsmen and the like. They're both about the same distance from the tent - do you want to visit them both, then? Oh, we could even have lunch somewhere - that would be fun!"

It seemed as if Gwen was a bundle of energy, imperturbable and unfazed by just about everything.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:31 pm

"I would like that," Miyuki grinned, "When we have lunch, order something that reminds you of your home here. It doesn't matter what it is."

This was the great part about having a local with her, because Gwen would know exactly what Miyuki was looking for.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Gwen blinked. "But everything reminds me of home here," she pointed out. "It is my home!"

Then she paused, understanding suddenly lighting her eyes. "Oh! This is about what you were talking about last night, isn't it? Learning about the different countries you visit so you can tell other countries about them!"

She grinned widely at Miyuki. "All right, you've got it! Shall I order for you as well, then?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Miyuki grinned happily and nodded, "Yes! I would like that thank you. One of the reasons why most of my raw goods are food because you know a lot about a culture by their food. Food is so localized because you can't.... normally transport them far without spoiling."

Normally, but there was nothing normal about her family.

"I use magic to keep everything I find fresh," Miyuki admitted, "So tastes just as if they had come from here locally."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Gwen giggled. "Then perhaps I should join all of you for dinner while you're here. Though - you're going to be making some food to show while you're telling stories, right? I'll have to make sure to come to all your shows so that I can sample it all."

They entered the city proper and Gwen waved to an acquaintance.

"So," she smiled at Miyuki again, "which area do you want to visit first? Market or craftsmen?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:52 pm

"How about the market?" Miyuki suggested.

She really did have a preference for raw goods, or even semi produced goods like fabrics and prepared blocks of wood. Probably something from her childhood.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:06 pm

"Sure." They passed another house and then Gwen turned up a street and steered them northward.

"So what are you all planning to do with your ... performances?" she asked Miyuki curiously. "I mean, I understand about the food and stuff, wanting to bring other cultures here, but with the story telling ... how are you going to do that? I mean, is there something special about it?"

She knew a little bit about it, but very little.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:42 pm

"One of my specialties are illusions," Miyuki explained, "I can use those to tell the story using... I guess you could call them moving pictures. It's one thing to describe but to show can be very powerful."

She motioned with her hands creating a small illusion of a butterfly before it disappeared as if made of smoke. This really was, above all her most favourite branch of magic, more so than even plant magic or runes.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next