Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Gwen blinked at Lin, her expression clearly one of surprise. "You know our language!" she beamed, her entire face lighting up.

"A gift from Uruloki," Kyrie smiled.

"Ah, I see." The woman nodded in understanding, still smiling widely.

"Um, I hope I'm not being rude," Shoneah spoke up as they followed the woman down the street, "but who are you?"

The woman blinked again in surprise, then turned on Kyrie. "You didn't tell them?" she asked in a hurt tone.

"To be fair, we knew her for over a year before she told us about Ahkshi," Earendil pointed out with a chuckle.

Gwen giggled. "Ah, so it's Kyrie's bad habits peeking through again. Well, I am Gwen, Kyrie's sister."

Daenis stared, blinked, and looked utterly confused. "But ... I thought ... I thought Kyrie only has a brother ..."

The Dark Elven woman turned on Kyrie again. "Kyrie!"

Kyrie chuckled softly. "Daenis has been with us for only a season," she said calmly. "Most of the others know about you."

"Do we?" Kaito asked, feigning complete ignorance.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Lin rolled her eyes at Kaito, "Yes, yes we do. Not a lot admittedly, but we do know about you. Just not a lot about you...."

Since really most of the conversation had been about Kyrie's brother since he was the one traveling with them. Though only enough to know he was a healer and wasn't that great with traveling. Miyuki however, looked forward to grilling him on what he would like for his room.

For some reason she look pleasure out of making rooms for people, which was why she had thrown herself into the temperature regulation array (as Miyuki called it). To Miyuki, it was far more practical to make an array where the temperature could be adjusted by the occupant, since she didn't quite know what would happen after this trip was over. Maybe Daenis and Mailon would sail with them, maybe they would settle down somewhere.

She told her Pokemon this which caused all of them to snicker, apparently Ira wasn't the only Pokemon who found Daenis' actions around Mailon amusing.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Without a word, Shiro did what the others wanted to do, and smacked his twin upside the head - not too hard, but hard enough to make him wince and rub his head afterwards.

"Gwen is Lara's sister by blood," Kyrie explained to the group, grinning at Kaito, "so she is my sister the same way Lara is. Their mother, Lynliss, is a healer, and she nursed me back to health after my escape from Jielam. When she learned I was on my own, I was adopted into the family immediately. Khetal was, too, once I found him back again."

At the back of the group, Mailon looked uncomfortable at Kyrie's mention of her escape from Jielam, but because the others were in front of him, most of the group didn't notice. Daenis did, however, and like everything else, it added to her confusion.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:26 pm

"Ah..." Lin nodded in understanding, "We had the pleasure of meeting and staying with Lara and her family when we first started our trip here."

It had been quite lovely, and of course, that was how they had met Kyrie.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:35 pm

Gwen's eyes grew bright. "Then you've met Lily and Corazin!" she exclaimed excitedly. "Oh, we'll have to spend some time together - I haven't even had the chance to meet them! And you can tell me how Lara and Cantor are doing, too - the only time we ever hear anything about them is from Kyrie, and she's almost never here anymore!"

"When we're inside," Kyrie chided the excited woman, laughing. "Honestly, Gwen. We would get there faster on our own. Why don't you go find Khetal and your parents and let them know we're here?"

Gwen pouted briefly but then seemed to consider the suggestion. "Promise you won't get into any fights if I'm not here?" she asked, quite seriously.

Kyrie smiled. "I promise I won't start any. Now go, and we'll see you in a bit."

Still mock-pouting, Gwen hurried off down a side-street. Kyrie kept leading the group down the main street, though now that they weren't being bombarded by Gwen's excited curiosity, they were able to move much more quickly.

"Sorry I forgot to warn you all about her," Kyrie chuckled as they went. "I was eighteen when I met her, and she hasnt changed a bit."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:14 am

"That's fine," Lin laughed, "She reminds me of some other people we know. Though... they did all grow out of it somewhat...."

Now that she thought about it, though she supposed marriage did do that to a person sometimes.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:21 am

"I think we've given up on Gwen growing out of it," Kyrie laughed. "If she hasn't grown out of it by now, I highly doubt she ever will."

She grinned. "Still, I have to admit, it's a nice feeling, having someone that excited to see me every time I show up."

She led them to a different side street, a cul-de-sac, and pointed at the house at the far end of it. "That's it," she told everyone. "Lynliss and Leo's home."

The house was enormous, by far the largest they had come across so far, and had a spacious front yard that was bordered with well-trimmed rosebushes. The flowers were gone for the season already, but it still looked neat and inviting. The walkway to the front porch was bricked, and the house itself looked large enough to fit any two of the other houses on the street in it.

"It is quite impressive," Daenis commented softly.

Kyrie smiled. "Leo is the magistrate of the city," she explained. "He's pretty much in charge of everything about it."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:42 pm

"Ah.... still... it's quite lovely," Lin murmured.

It did remind her a lot of Caras Galadhon and of Gaia when it came to the way the homes were laid out. Yards and nicely maintained homes.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:14 am

"I'm not sure, but I think Gwen is mostly responsible for the yard," Kyrie mused, leading them up the walk. "She helps Lynliss at the clinic, but she does enjoy beauty."

"Does it run in the family?" Earendil asked curiously. "As I recall, Lara and Lily were all about beauty too ... real beauty I mean."

"Well, Lara is an artist," Kyrie shrugged. "So I suppose so, yes. And yet, neither Lynliss nor Leo show any artistic talent."

"What about other family?" Shiro pressed.

Kyrie thought about it for a moment, then, opening the door and holding it for the others, she shook her head. "I don't believe anyone has ever mentioned any other family. As far as I know, there are no others."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:21 am

As they all walked in, it was hard not to at least look around the entrance way. This had been one of Kyrie's homes after all, and it had been a while since they last stepped into a house.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:35 am

The first room was enormous, at least forty feet square. Near the door, there were hooks for cloaks - an even dozen, though only one was in use at the moment, with a dark green hooded cloak hanging on it - and a rug for wet footwear. The rest of the room was a sitting room, with plush couches and chairs on a waxed hardwood floor. The end tables and center table were exquisitely carved with a unicorn motif on each of the legs. Flowerpots adorned the room near curtained windows and in the corners, and brightly coloured flowers lit up the room despite the lateness of the season. Framed paintings were hung neatly around the walls, showing various scenes: waterfalls, animals, people, and there were a few paintings of what the group could only assume was the full family: Kyrie, Khetal, Lara, Gwen, and a man and a woman who shared some features with both Lara and Gwen, presumably their parents.

There was a door in one wall, across from the door to outside, that led to a dining room. Though only partially visible from the sitting room, a large dining table and several chairs were in plain sight. The table had on it a red and gold embroidered tablecloth, and there was a single flower in a vase of water centered on it.

Towards the right side of the sitting room was a corridor that led further into the house, though all that was visible in that direction from the front door were more paintings that lined the walls.

"Make yourselves comfortable," Kyrie invited them all, removing her boots and setting them on the rug near the door. Her bare feet pattered lightly on the floor as she led them in, and she gestured towards the couches and chairs.

Once they were inside, Iorlas set Amir on the floor, and the boy immediately ran off to explore his new surroundings.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:10 pm

As promised, there was a place for everyone to sit. Miyuki had to admit, it was kind of strange being in place where they had good furnishings to sit on, and a fully decked out home. The tent was great, but it was never fully furnished since they were still gathering bits and pieces slowly.

That and with the constantly increasing number of people, they never had enough chairs in the kitchen, in fact Miyuki was certain the kitchen wasn't big enough but there was no way to expand that area since it was the cornerstone of the whole tent. So a lot of them sometimes ate in the living room instead.

"Are some of these paintings done by Lara?" Lin asked.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:31 pm

Kyrie looked around at the paintings. "I'm pretty sure she did them all," she nodded. "Quite a long time to go without changing things, I know, but Lara was the only artist in the family until Lily followed in her footsteps."

She made sure that the others were all seated before moving to take a seat herself, but before she could sit down the front door opened and Gwen entered the house, followed by the unknown woman from the family painting.

"See, I told you she was back!" Gwen told the woman excitedly as she removed her footwear, exchanging it for some slippers that had been tucked away in a small box near the door.

The other woman laughed. "And I believed you," she assured Gwen. Like Gwen, she was quite a handsome woman, with warm, dark eyes and a welcoming smile. Her eyes were sparkling now, and before changing her footwear or removing her cloak, she embraced Kyrie tightly. "Welcome back, dear," she murmured. Then, releasing her, she looked at the others. "And who are all of your companions?"

There was no malice in her tone, no condescension; only warmth and genuine curiosity.

"Yes, and of what races?" Gwen added eagerly.

Kyrie grinned at the others and leaned against the back of a couch, behind where Shoneah was sitting with Xipil on her lap.

"Gwen's never left Dolerum, she's never seen any other races before," she explained to the group.

"Nor have I," the other woman added.

"Yes, but you're not as overtly curious as Gwen is," Kyrie grinned at her. Turnng back to the others once more, she added, "By the way, this is my adoptive mother, Lynliss."

Lynliss smiled warmly at the group and nodded her head in greeting, then waited patiently for the rest of the introductions and explanations.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:26 pm

The introductions were long, or at the very least, they were getting longer every time they had to make them. Lin started, introducing everyone by family, along with their race and point of origin. Starting with her own, then her brother and sister-in-law, her nephews, and Lancerieal and Cael. Once all the relations were dealt with she then introduced Eron and Shoneah, and finally Mailon and Daenis.

"And... that is everyone," Lin paused for a moment, "Yes, that is... I think this gets more complicated every time we do this."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:34 pm

"That's because every time we do this, we have someone else with us," Earendil pointed out with a chuckle.

"Well at any rate we're pleased to have all of you here with us," Lynliss said warmly. "Any friend of Kyrie's is welcome here."

"Yes, it means more stories," Gwen giggled.

"Still, I have to say, it's quite amazing, seeing you all," Lynliss said thoughtfully. "It's one thing to hear about other races, but to see them is another thing entirely." She smiled at them. "Can I get you anything? Food? Drink?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:20 am

"I could use a drink please," Lin admitted, "Though I don't think I'm hungry quite yet..."

They had managed to snack on the way, as they generally did while they were on the go. Though, it could also be the fact they had just gotten there and were still somewhat settling.

"A drink while we talk would be nice," Miyuki nodded, "Thank you for the offer."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:23 am

Most of the others also requested only a drink, and Lynliss and Kyrie headed together through the dining room to get the requested drinks. Gwen stayed behind not only to keep the visitors company, as a good hostess ought, but also to get more information and satisfy her bubbling curiosity.

"So what brought all of you to travel with Kyrie?" she asked, looking around the room. "Did she save you from some kind of trouble?"

Though they seemed to be a lot of people for Kyrie to have saved all of them, whether all at once or individually. Really, the main reason she asked was because of the fresh-looking scars on Earendil's face.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:27 pm

"Lara introduced us," Lin explained, "Earendil is a map maker by trade and had been commissioned to map this continent. Though admittedly, that is also an excuse to simply travel and explore since that is what we both wanted. Our original group that set out, with Shiro, Kaito, Wren, Lanceriael, Dareon, Iorlas, Miyuki, Andarien, Earendil and myself all wanted to travel the continent but needed a guide. So Kyrie was suggested, and just happened to come back to Caras Galadhon while we were there, so we requested that she guide us around the continent."

Lin glanced over at Eron and Shoneah, since they weren't part of the original group. Eron picked up on this and continued on.

"Silverbrich and I are from Gaia, different parts of Gaia, and had fallen through a tear from our world to yours. We had actually sought Kyrie out because someone said that she could help lead us to Caras Galadhon. At the time, we just wanted to go there, thinking that if anyone knew how to get us back home it would be there. Turned out by chance there were already Gaians with her, who knew very well how to get back," Eron chuckled a bit, "So we're so of along for the ride and will head back home with them when the time comes."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:39 pm

"Silverbirch?" Gwen repeated curiously.

Shoneah smiled and raised one hand partway. "A translation of my name that the others can pronounce," she explained.

Gwen smiled. "I see. Well. I must say this is all ... well, unlike anything I've ever heard before." She laughed softly. "Kyrie always comes home with stories, but this one far outdoes them all! And she has never brought anyone with her before, or at least not anyone who hasn't needed healing."

Suddenly she paused, looking a bit suspicious. "She didn't get into any situations where she needed healing, not while she was with all of you, did she?"

"No, I did not," Kyrie's voice came from through the dining room. "Nothing untoward happened so don't pester for details like that!"

"Somehow you make it sound like that's a regular occurrence for her," Iorlas commented, her eye on Amir.

The corner of Gwen's mouth twitched. "Well ... let's just say, that's how we found her, and how she met her husband."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Lin chuckled at that, "Well.. when you put it that way... but seriously, Kyrie didn't get injured while traveling with us. Considering all the places she's been you should trust her a bit more. Even if that is how she's met all the important people in her life."

Though the thought was kind of amusing.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:44 pm

"Oh, it's not that I don't trust her," Gwen said hastily, "but we do worry about her. The last time she was here, it had been a hundred and eighty years since her last visit and we were all convinced something awful had happened to her. It's always long between her visits, and really if something were to happen there's no way we could know ..."

"Well I hope that you would at least trust me to take care of her," said Uruloki, wandering into the room from the dining room. He was tiny, the same size as Xipil, and he hopped up into Gwen's lap and made himself comfortable.

Gwen grinned at him and tickled him under the chin. "You know what I mean, Loki," she murmured. She looked around at the group again, her expression thoughtful. "Now ... I believe you've told me how most of you came to be with Kyrie, but I don't think it included all of you. I'm afraid I can't remember all of your names yet - who was missed?"

"Well, Amir joined us ... a few weeks after we set out," Iorlas offered. "We found him in a settlement that had been completely destroyed. Kyrie brought us all to Ahkshi, and Ahkshi nursed him back to health. Daeron and I adopted him."

"Oh, adoptions are so wonderful," Gwen beamed. "No matter the age of the person being adopted!" Then she looked around at the others, her expression questioning.

"Kyrie and the others helped me to leave my home so that I could not be forced into an awful marriage," Daenis explained next. "It was not easy to leave my father, but ... I don't know that I have ever been happier."

Gwen's brow furrowed in empathy. "I can't imagine what that must have been like," she murmured soothingly. "I've heard of what life is like in the White Elven countries, or at least some of it ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:34 pm

"You have?" Miyuki asked.

Though Miyuki often asked Mailon (and now at times Daenis), it was still hard to piece together the kind of life they lived. Mainly because it was confusing, and sounded to her, at times, counter productive.

"I'm sure Kyrie has brought others here in the past," Lin pointed out softly.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:14 am

Gwen shook her head. "No, no White Elves. Only Cantor, when he came with Lara, and a few Dark Elves who needed Mother's care. Well, and Khetal, of course. But Kyrie used to live in Jielam for a while, or didn't she tell you? Of course, she wasn't involved in the daily life of the White Elves, but she got enough- ow!" she exclaimed suddenly, cradling one hand to her chest and looking at Uruloki in surprise.

The little red dragon was looking at her through half-lidded eyes, staring silently.

Daenis frowned thoughtfully. Had Kyrie said any such thing? Well, not in her presence anyways ...

"Well, for my part," Cael put in, oblivious of the way Uruloki was looking at Gwen but sensing nonetheless that a change in subject was needed, "I joined the group when I recovered my memories of my past lives, seeing my wife." He smiled and took Lancaeriel's hand. "It was ... well ... quite the reunion."

"There's an understatement if I ever heard one," Wren muttered to herself.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:43 am

"I don't know... after all the other things that have happened, it might sound perfectly ordinary," Lin admitted wryly.

True, it wasn't normal for them to have a reunion in the middle of an uprising like that, but they had been put into just as strange situations. Though Lin was having a hard time thinking of anything that topped that moment.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:51 pm

"Somehow I doubt that," Wren said dryly.

Gwen leaned forward eagerly. "Why, what happened?"

Cael and Lancaeriel exchanged a glance. "Go ahead," Lancaeriel smiled at him. "You start."

Cael nodded and looked at Gwen again. "Well, to start with, Lan and I have been married for a very long time, longer than most people can imagine, and through many deaths and rebirths," he explained. "In my current life, I was born to a Dark Elven couple in Garnelia and because of a prophecy, the General there took me from my parents and raised me to ... what was the phrase he used?" He looked at Lancaeriel.

Lancaeriel simply looked to Earendil, who pursed his lips thoughtfully. "To end the rebellions, I believe," he said slowly.

Cael nodded. "Right. Of course, he thought it means I would end all rebellion against him and that he would rule the people for ever."

Gwen looked confused. "This is the General of Garnelia you're talking about? The one who murdered the royal family?"

"Yes," Kyrie took up the tale as she and Lynliss entered the room, each of them with a tray of drinks in their hands. "We went to check on Mari and see how things were going." She began to pass out the drinks. "Earendil was arrested before we got to Mari, so we kept going to Mari's house to plan a rescue. Then she was discovered - probably thanks to us, I admit - and we had to flee to Dekra, and from there most of the rest of us were arrested and brought to the General-"

"Kyrie, you promised you wouldn't go there anymore," Gwen interrupted her, frowning.

Kyrie grinned. "I lied. Long story short, General tried to kill Lancaeriel, Cael recognized her, got his memories back, and killed the General. Mari's on the throne, country is liberated, everyone's happy, and so on and so on."

"You do make a story very short," Gwen pouted. "No more details than that?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top