The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 23 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:13 am

The boy nodded eagerly. "Who are these people, anyways?" he asked. "I mean, are these real people, too? Are they a part of your group?"

He had no idea who else was in Miyuki's group, of course, but he sort of expected them all to be like Miyuki - whatever she was.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 23 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:19 am

"Yes and no, they're not actually people who exist, but they are based on a few people in our traveling group," Miyuki admitted, "We have.. let's see if I have this right. Ten? Ten elves from different backgrounds, one angel, one yokai, one angelic neko and one yokai neko..."

Which was weird because the two were related, she wondered if in reality the two were neko angel/demon hybrids. It was likely they were.

"And I am called a kitsune," she finished.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:47 am

The boy frowned. "I don't even know what those other things are," he murmured. "But if your people are all different from us then why do you show them like us?"

Then he bit his lip and looked over his shoulder. "Well ... I guess if you did use other people like you, probably some people wouldn't come to watch. I don't think my Mama would, she ... uh ..."

He didn't finish his sentence, but turned back to Miyuki and shrugged, almost apologetically.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:41 pm

"That's okay," Miyuki replied with a soft smile, "You're quite smart to noticed that. Yes, I used other dark elves to make it easier to tell the story."

It couldn't be helped really, she was just glad so many people turned out to even hear her tell the story. She looked up to see if anyone else was paying attention. When she was sure people were more interested in talking with each other she brought her hands up and made a small image of a dark (pretty much black elf with white hair).

"I'll tell you a secret, the island of Nauros actually isn't empty, there is a race of elves called Night Elves that live there, but they only come out at night," she told him, "I didn't want to add that part because I wasn't sure if that was pushing it."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:43 pm

"Pushing it?" the boy repeated, clearly unfamiliar with the phrase. "What does that mean?"

There was curiosity in his voice, but also the tone that showed how much he really wanted to learn everything he could.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:55 pm

"It's a saying back home to mean, of... stepping over a boundary," Miyuki explained, "I wasn't sure if telling a story about finding other elves that aren't like Dark Elves would be okay, or if it would even be... interpreted the way I would like. The Night Elves of Nauros are very different," she explained showing the boy, "They don't live in large houses, or even have currency, they don't have shops like many other places. What they do have, is an incredible sense of community, and generosity. No one owns property, the land is for everyone and resources are shared among all. They are one of the most peaceful people I've ever met... but I was worried that if I told people about them, that my audience would only see what they lacked and not what they have."

Miyuki had felt that showing a the Night Elves to people who felt their "race" was superior was just asking for trouble, and these elves, next to the Fire Elves held a special place in Miyuki's heart.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:06 pm

The boy blinked up at Miyuki. "Then doesn't that mean that you need to tell them all that, since you're the story teller?" he asked her, confused. "I mean ... sometimes when my teacher is teaching me things and I don't understand or I see something different than what he wants to show me, then he just takes the time to show me what he wants me to see, and says it differently so that I understand."

That was what teachers did, after all.

After a moment's thought, he added, "Maybe if you start with showing the stuff they don't have, and then show them what things they do have instead, maybe then they'll understand it. Sometimes grownups need to have things explained to them in a different way."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Miyuki blinked and looked thoughtful, that was a good point. Would that give the sense that she wanted, would they listen to her if that was the case.

"I guess I'm afraid they won't listen to me," she admitted.

She didn't dare tell the boy that she didn't expect many people to show up for this.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:12 pm

The boy frowned. "But that's why they're here, isn't it?" he pointed out. "If they didn't want to listen to you, why would they come? We already know there's different races out there, so what does it matter?"

The boy had a logical if not diplomatic mind, and was not shy in the least. He always spoke his mind without worrying about what people thought or said, and if they didn't like it, well, that was their decision.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Miyuki thought about it, the boy had a point after all.

"True, I guess it would be a moot point since people did come to listen," Miyuki agreed.

She just had such a hard time reading the people here, while she was use to other elves looking down at the fact she wasn't an elf, it normally wasn't this... obvious.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:31 pm

The boy grinned, happy that she was agreeing with him.

"When are you going to tell more stories?" he asked eagerly. "I really liked the ones you already told, especially because they're real!"

His eyes sparkled with excitement as he looked up at her expectantly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:50 pm

"Well..." Miyuki thought about it, "How about one more, I can't tell too many today because friends of mine are getting married so I need to help out with that as well."

So she really couldn't be spending more time telling stories.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:58 pm

"Aww, just one?" He looked rather disappointed, but after a moment he hid it. "Ah well. Another day then?"

As he finished asking he question, Shannon ran up to the two of them and jumped on the boy's back, her arms wrapping around his neck as she suspended herself there.

"Hey miss foxy lady," she grinned up at Miyuki, ignoring the boy as he tried to pry her arms away from his neck. "Can I have another bun? Because my first one was really yummy, even better than Lady Gwen's cookies!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Miyuki couldn't help but chuckle at the little girl. Mainly because it was kind of cute.

"Sure, I think I still have a few left," Miyuki replied checking the box she kept the cinnamon buns in.

Luckily there were still some buns some left. Though not surprising, while the number of people who came was pretty good, between three different types of sweets there was more than enough to go around.

"Here," Miyuki handed the girl one of the extra buns.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Shannon's eyes lit up brightly. "Yay!" she squealed gleefully, letting go of the boy's neck and dropping to the ground. She took the bun eagerly and took a huge bite.

"Don't choke," the boy cautioned her, rubbing his neck. "And don't forget your manners."

The girl turned back to Miyuki and grinned. "Fank you!" she said around the food in her mouth.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:44 pm

"You're welcome," Miyuki grinned and tried not to chuckle.

Though she realized she should have made sure that, that extra bun wasn't going to ruin any future meal the children might have. Ah well, a bit late for that.

"I'm glad you like them," she added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:51 pm

"They are delicious," the boy agreed with the little girl, "but I liked the stories better."

"It seems many of the adults feel the same," Gwen spoke up, coming up behind the children. She was smiling, and she put a hand on each of the children's shoulders. "Your stories are a success, Miyuki."

Daeron stuck his head out of the tent and called, "Lunch is ready when you are. Nothing big, it's going to be a huge dinner, but you need something."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:03 pm

"Okay!" Miyuki called back, "I did promise one more story though."

She turned back to Gwen and smiled a bit.

"I'm glad they are, though I had been asked about stories that involved other elves?"
she looked at the boy in question.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:06 pm

"Yes, please!" the boy nodded eagerly.

Gwen giggled softly. "I'll let the others know, but if it's lunch time the women probably have to go home and feed their families."

Shannon pouted. "Papa said me and Connor have to be home by lunch."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:09 am

"Ah..." Miyuki murmured softly, "Maybe then another day?"

Since everyone else had to leave for lunch and so did the children.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 am

"Tomorrow?" Shannon asked hopefully, looking at Miyuki with puppy eyes.

"I'll make sure everyone comes back!" the boy offered, equally eager for the stories to continue the following day.

Gwen laughed again. "Well, it's good to know that the stories were enjoyed, and by more than just myself." She grinned at Miyuki. "Well? Tomorrow?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:14 am

Why not, it wasn't like Miyuki was going to do anything else other than work (storytelling was a completely different kind of work).

"Sure," she replied with a smile, "Tomorrow then."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:22 am

The children cheered, and after another excited "Thank you!" they rushed off, taking others with them as they went. The women followed after them, and as they left the clearing, they had to move to the side to allow four more people to approach. Two of them were Wren and Khetal, and walking just behind them were two men carrying large sacks: Miyuki's rice and flour delivery.

"Well, well, what have we here?" Gwen grinned, her eyes sparkling with amusement as her adoptive brother approached, deep in conversation with Wren. The two were too far away to hear the comment, but Wren was looking ahead, and she waved to them from across the clearing.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Miyuki waved back at Wren, though she didn't realize yet how having those two talking was of anything important. She figured they were just being friendly since Khetal seemed to have taken it upon himself to make sure Wren stayed out of trouble.

"I think I also see the order from yesterday,"
Miyuki commented.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Gwen nodded her agreement. "I was wondering when it would arrive," she smiled. She tipped her head curiously. "And it seems Wren is wearing some of my clothes. Is it sad of me to say that I think it suits her better than it suits me?"

She chuckled softly and waited for the others to get closer.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next