Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 pm

"Well..." Miyuki began, "We could add more details, but I'm not sure how you'd feel about that seeing as Kyrie, was supposed to promise to not go back."

It wasn't like those details were great details. Like being stuck underground, being nearly caught by soldiers, being caught by soldiers and then there was the issue of her father being tortured...

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:17 pm

"Well, I have to admit that I am curious," Gwen hesitated.

"But perhaps this is not the time," Lynliss put in with a diplomatic smile. "What is important is that you are all safe now, yes?"

She made sure everyone had something to drink and then stood next to Kyrie, her hands clasped in front of herself. "How long will you all be staying in the area?" she asked, looking around at the group. "Will you be staying a while? Or are you just passing through?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:42 pm

"Well... I guess it depends on Kyrie and Khetal," Lin explained, "Especially since, from my understanding, Khetal said he would travel the next time Kyrie was around."

So they would have to make preparations for that.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:52 pm

A slight crease appeared in Lynliss's forehead when Lin reminded her of the fact, and she let out a gentle sigh.

"Yes ... he did," she murmured. She smiled faintly. "It's going to be very quiet with him gone."

"I'll still be here!" Gwen pointed out quickly.

Lynliss laughed. "Of course, how could I forget?"

Suddenly the front door opened again, and instictively everyone turned to look. It was a man who entered, tall and dark, with the pointed ears of elves. He was dressed, when he pulled off his cloak to hang it up, in comfortable clothes without any real indication of his station or occupation. When he turned around again and saw the enormous group sitting in the room, he blinked in surprise.

"Oh ... hello, everyone," he greeted them, cordially but smiling softly. "Welcome to Winum."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:15 pm

"Thank you," Lin replied warmly, "It's good to be here."

Miyuki waved from where she was seated and Eron nodded but looked on with interest. Perhaps this was Kyrie's father, though one couldn't quite remember if Kyrie had ever mentioned his name.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:24 pm

Kyrie chuckled and pushed herself away from the couch. "I thought Gwen warned you how many we would be," she grinned, hugging the man, who hugged her back. He was well over a head taller than her, and she almost looked like a child next to him.

"Well, she said a group of travelers," he replied, glancing at them all again, "but she certainly did not give the impression that it was this many."

Kyrie just laughed. "Everyone, this is my brother, Khetal," she told them, her eyes sparkling brightly. She nudged him towards the group and he came slowly, his eyes moving from one person to the next.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:44 pm

Lin chuckled, so this was her brother then. Now that Kyrie mentioned it, Lin could see the resemblance but at the same time they seemed to be very different people.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Khetal,"
Lin told him with a bit of amusement.

"Kyrie's talked about you," Miyuki explained.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:22 am

Khetal arched one eyebow at his sister and half-smiled. "Oh?" he said questioningly.

"Yes, they're all looking forward to you joining us," Kyrie grinned at him. "That is, if you're still planning to join me. You said you would, you know."

He smiled softly. "I did. And I will. Though I must admit ..." He looked around at the others again. "I had thought it would be just the two of us."

Kyrie laughed at him. "Yes, well, you also said you wanted to meet people," she teased him. "So here are some people for you to meet."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:10 am

"It'll be fun," Miyuki assured Khetal, "We'll get to travel, see places, and always the more the merrier."

Since that's what they always said when they got new people to travel with them.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:45 pm

Khetal nodded agreement with Miyuki, though he didn't seem very merry. His expression didn't change a whit.

"I look forward to getting to know each of you," he said; but before he could quite finish the sentence, Gwen reached over and slapped his arm.

"Stop scaring them," she chided him. "You're going to make them all think you're a bear." Turning to the others, she explained, "Khetal isn't usually like this. I think he's just very protective of Kyrie."

"Someone needs to be," Khetal muttered under his breath. Uruloki flicked his tail at Khetal's leg for the comment.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:48 pm

"Uruloki is very protective of Kyrie," Miyuki pointed out seriously.

Though she was grinning from ear to ear and she found great amusement in the fact the dragon had whacked Khetal.

"Besides... we've been together for months now! I think it's a bit late for that kind of act," she added.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:57 pm

Khetal raised one eyebrow. "Months?"

"Four years, actually," Kyrie told him flatly, though her eyes were bright with amusement. "Earendil's family stayed with Lara and Cantor in Caras Galadhon for a year before we started traveling. Before that, Luk had been with them for several years. Now stop worrying."

Khetal didn't say anything further, but it was clear from the look on his face that he wasn't going to stop worrying just because he was told to.

"Now, we were in the middle of getting everyone's stories about how they came to be traveling with Kyrie," Gwen reminded them, picking up the conversation where it had been interrupted. "So most of you were introduced to Kyrie by Lara ... and two of you are trying to get back home ... and ... you" - she pointed at Daenis, having forgotten her name - "joined them to escape an awful marriage. And the little one, you all rescued from a destroyed village."

She paused and looked around at them all. "Did we miss anyone?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:14 am

There was a pause because no one was quite sure how to explain Mailon. Well, Mailon had been saved by Kyrie, but that wasn't why he was traveling with her, that was a bit more complicated.

Also, this was something personal to Mailon and Kyrie, so...

"Anyone else... well...." Lin murmured thoughtfully.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:23 am

Mailon knew he was the only one left whose presence hadn't been explained, but he wasn't sure what to say either. Of course, he could always just tell the truth ... in a roundabout manner, and see how the others took it.

"I was badly injured by a dragon and brought to Ahkshi and Kyrie for healing," he said softly. "I was invited along on this journey so that Kyrie could continue to keep an eye on me."

Not because of his health, of course, but the truth nonetheless.

Gwen, Khetal and Lynliss all looked a bit confused at that, but for the moment none of them pressed the matter.

"Where will you all be staying?" Khetal asked instead, changing the subject abruptly. "Kyrie, I assume you'll be staying with us while you're here ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:37 am

"There isn't any place large enough to hold all of us, so we'll be setting up camp outside the city," Lin explained to Khetal.

Which really, should have been a given. They were a large group and most people weren't that friendly with them so it was best to camp. Not that they could tell they were camping since the tent really had become a home to them.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:43 am

Khetal looked around at them all slowly, counting them silently. Yes, he could see Lin's point - there certainly were quite a few of them.

"Before you say anything about space, they don't need much room at all," Kyrie put in. "And you won't understand if I explain so you'll just have to wait and see." Then she grinned. "Besides, you shouldn't be worrying about that yet. You haven't given them a chance to introduce themselves yet."

Gwen laughed. "I'd try to repeat names back, but with so many of them, and them being so different from any names I've heard before, I don't think I'd get any of them right!"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:46 am

"Then how about we just make it easier and re-introduce ourselves?" Lin suggested with a laugh.

So once more they went into introductions, again introducing everyone by family so that Khetal would know how they were all related, which left Shoneah, Eron, Daenis and Mailon to be introduced last.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:03 am

After everyone had introduced themselves a second time, Gwen was able to remember a few of their names, but Khetal had better luck with that. He couldn't remember all of them, but he did get a good portion of their names right when he recited them back.

Once the introductions were out of the way, Lynliss headed off to prepare some lunch for everyone, since they hadn't eaten yet, and the others settled in to simply relax and chat together. While most of them were able to converse easily with each other and with Kyrie's family, Mailon more or less kept himself out of any particular conversation, though he would answer any questions that came his way - briefly, and sometimes with nothing more than a nod or shake of his head. A short while later, lunch was ready, and they ate heartily and cheerfully. Khetal was not as chatty as the others, and no one was as talkative as Gwen, though Gwen and Kyrie seemed, for the most part, to be in a world of their own, talking and laughing about things that the others did not usually understand.

It wasn't until partway through the afternoon, when Amir fell asleep curled up on the floor, that the group felt the exertion of the trip catching up with them, and that was when it was decided that the group should set up the tent so that they could rest and not take up too much of Lynliss's time and space.

"Khetal, would you care to join us?" Kyrie asked her brother brightly. "I know Gwen needs to help Lynliss, but I think you might be interested in seeing how you're going to be living once you join us on our travels."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:17 am

Miyuki's eyes lit up at that thought, "That's a wonderful idea!"

She clapped her hands together and looked pleased as punch. Probably because it meant she could then ask him what he looked for in a room. That was important to her.

"Then afterwards I can ask him a few questions."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:22 am

"Questions?" Khetal blinked, surprised by Miyuki's sudden interest. "Well ... all right, though ... I'm not sure what kind of information you would need from me ..."

He looked to his sister for help, but she just grinned at him. "Come on. You'll understand when you see."

Some of the others were already getting on their boots and cloaks, and it took a few minutes for everyone to get ready simply because of how many of them there were, and the fact that they could not all fit near the door at once. When they stepped outside, the streets were not nearly as empty as they had been when the group had first arrived. Being halfway through the afternoon now, there were many people about.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:42 am

"So where should we head to set up?" Lin asked once everyone was out.

Though she didn't think they would get attacked here, she figured it would be quite easy to offend someone. So it would be better to ask Kryie the best place to camp that wouldn't cause that much trouble.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:47 am

Rather than answering, Kyrie looked at Khetal. "What do you think?" she asked him. "Where would be best?"

Khetal looked at her and blinked slowly, thinking it over. "How much space do they need?" he asked in reply.

Kyrie thought about it. "Probably smaller than the sitting room. Space for one tent, really ... the rest of the space is just to get out and do things."

"How is that possible?" Khetal asked with a frown.

"Just trust me," Kyrie laughed. "They don't need much space."

"Not even for a fire?"

"Not even for a fire.."

"One tent?"

"One. Not terribly large, smaller than a room at the clinic."

Kyrie was clearly enjoying this, grinning at the look of consternation on her brother's face. It seemed Khetal had realized that Kyrie wasn't going to give him any more information, though, and rather than asking more questions, he started leading them all down the street.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:08 am

Miyuki giggled as she skipped along. It was rare Kyrie did something like this, but when she did, it was just as enjoyable for Miyuki as it was for Kyrie.

"That... never gets old," Lin murmured to Earendil as she took his arm.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:24 am

Earendil chuckled and put one hand over Lin's as they walked. "I would even go so far as to say that the larger the tent grows, the more amusing it becomes," he murmured back to her.

As they passed through the streets, they were once again made the recipients of odd looks and stares, and far more than they had been subjected to on their way to the house - simply because there were so many more people about now. Oddly, there were fewer comments, though, something which Daeron (who could of course hear them much better than Earendil) did not understand.

At length they reached the edge of the city, and in the space between the last property and the treeling, Khetal brought them to a halt.

"This is probably the best spot," he announced, looking around at the others as they gathered around. "Not enough room here for an inn, but ... hopefully enough for you."

Daeron had taken the tent in his bag that day, and now he knelt and pulled it out.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:39 am

"This is perfect," Miyuki assured Khetal, "And we can have a camp fire we decide to roast anything that way.

There was something about roasting food outside on an open fire that seemed to make things tastier so they could do that if they wanted. Otherwise, what they had in the kitchen was suited them just fine.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top