Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Quickly Through Quir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:15 pm

"But you look like you need rest," Miyuki told Cael firmly.

She recognized the sign of exhaustion via magic, having done that to herself a few times before.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:20 pm

"Yes, I do," Cael agreed readily.

"I'll take you," Lancaeriel murmured, putting his arm around her shoulder to support his weight.

As the two of them headed towards the hallway, Lamruil called after them, "Thank you!"

Once the two had moved off, he pushed himself to his feet. He grinned. "Well. I suppose that now we can continue on that tour you promised us. It seems I won't be slowing you down anymore."
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:37 pm

"Okay, but tell us if you get tired, being healed also takes energy too," Miyuki warned him.

She wasn't a healer,but she learned that much from when her father was injured. By now the tour was old hat to Miyuki as she took them around the tent. Showing them the workshops, the gardens, the storage, bathrooms and dojo. They just walked down the hallway of the resident side, since they couldn't really peek into the different rooms.

Though Miyuki let them peek into her room so they got an idea of how big most of the rooms were. Once the tour was done she had brought them back to the kitchen area.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:47 pm

By the time they got back to the kitchen for the final time, Lamruil did indeed seem rather tired, but he kept the pace well, leaning on his wife when he needed the extra help.

"I would never have imagined that something like this could exist," he murmured as they finished up the tour. "To have so much ... and inside a small tent such as yours ... incredible."

Just then, Kaito burst into the tent, his golden eyes gleaming, his cheeks flush with windburn and excitement.

"Man, this place is awesome!" he exclaimed, rubbing his arms. "You think it's cool from the ground - you should see it from the air! Unbelievable! I mean, I thought maybe it would be like Nauros with just platforms in the trees, but dude! They're like multi-level homes! Walls and everything! Well, no ceilings, but man, if they had trees like that in Gaia I would so get one! Don't worry, Miyuki - Shiro took video, stills just wouldn't do it justice, and you'll definitely want to see it before you go to bed - it's so-"

"Kaito," Daeron laughed from where he was still sitting with Iorlas in the living room. "Shut up already!"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:00 pm

"Be nice Dareon," Lin told her brother-in-law as she walked in, "Besides the view, as a winged being, this is something we would dream of."

Eron came in after her, trying to straighten his hair, as he had the longest hair out of the four. The wind had tussled it up quite a bit.

"She's right... despite the fact we all live in places originally where non-winged beings out number us winged folk so... not so many tree houses. I guess the weather here must be always mild to have no ceilings?"

Even the thickest trees couldn't keep out all the rain if it rained heavily enough, and he supposed it must not have a lot of lightening storms.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:10 pm

"Well, we're pretty good at covering things up when it rains, but this is about as cold as it gets," Mirania shrugged. "There's lots of privacy, and we keep surprisingly warm. The nice thing about the forest being so thick is that we don't have to worry much about wind." She smiled.

Finally, Shiro joined them in the tent. His hair was also windswept, but he was not loud and excited like the others. His attention was focused on the screen of his tablet, where he was flipping through photos he had taken from the air.

"Oh, by the way," Daeron grinned, glancing at Shiro and then looking back at Lin (who he thought would be the most amused). "Guess who we know who is Mirania's brother?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Lin blinked at looked at Mirania, before looking back at Dareon. There were plenty of light elves she knew, but she couldn't think of who specifically.

"Who?" she finally asked.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:36 pm

"Caranthir," Daeron said simply, grinning.

Kaito and Shiro stared at Daeron, stunned, then looked at Mirania, and then Kaito looked back at Daeron again. Then, without warning, Kaito burst into laughter.

"You're kidding, right?" he laughed. "Of course you are!"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Lin gave Kaito a look, "Kaito, it's Dareon, do you really think so?"

While she was shocked to say the least, she did have enough sense to realize, this was completely possible.

"And with our luck?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:50 pm

"I wouldn't put it past him, actually," Shiro said calmly.

"What do you mean, your luck?" Mirania asked curiously. "I mean sure, it's a long shot, running into siblings so far away from each other - wherever he is - but it's not impossible, especially with how much traveling you're all doing. Is it?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:37 am

"Because..... this isn't the first time it's happened, whether it's siblings, long lost lovers, friends... legends...." Lin paused and then commented to Shiro, "Just wait, I'm am waiting for the day we run into Celeborn's children.. or who knows his grandchildren, he must have some by now."

She knew it had been a very long time since Celeborn had seen his family and it wouldn't surprise her if that eventually happened.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:45 am

"Or great-grandchildren, or great-great-grandchildren," Shiro agreed. "Though I have the feeling that if we're going to meet them, it will be back in the Four Lands and not out here."

He turned to Mirania and added to Lin's explanation. "The number of amazing things we've seen and the incredible people we've met is astounding, and it never seems to end. So while it does on the one hand seem unlikely that we would meet two siblings so far away from each other, on the other hand it's just the type of thing that would happen to our group." He smiled. "Not that it's a bad thing, mind you. Caranthir is well regarded by all of us who know him, so to meet others in his family is an honour."

Mirania smiled bemusedly. "Well, you may change your mind about that when you meet our other brother, Thorontur. But thanks for the sentiment."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:55 pm

Lin chuckled, "You two really don't get along all that well?"

It was a bit of a question seeing as Mirania made her brother out as some sort of grumpy old man or something.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:02 pm

"Through no fault of Mirania's, let's be clear on that," Lamruil interjected quickly. "As she said earlier, Thorontur is a pessimist ... and he doesn't like when things don't measure up to his expectations."

Mirania smiled and leaned against her husband's chair, running her fingers lightly through his hair. "As I said, the only one in the family," she mumured ruefully. Then she chuckled softly. "Perhaps we should take you all to meet him. It's about dinner time now, you can meet the whole family."

"Now this, I gotta see," Kaito grinned cattily, golden eyes gleaming.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Lin turned and gave Kaito a look, "Be-have," she told him in English.

Since really, they already really liked Mirania so she could imagine if Thorontur gave grief thing was going to happen.

Miyuki giggled, "Sure why not, might as well do this now rather than later."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 pm

"Aw, come on," Kaito protested to Lin. "I just want to see if he's as different from Caranthir as they're making him out to be! Considering that she's pretty much just like him ..." He grinned. "It's going to be fun, that's all!"

Mirania laughed at Kaito and Lin's banter.

"So who is all interested in coming?" she grinned, looking around at them. "I know most of your people hae gone off somewhere else ... their rooms, I presume ..."

"Oh, I'd love to come," Daeron said immediately, rising once more from the couch. Iorlas was right behind him, and she called Amir to join them, which he did (with Kaede bounding after him of course). Kaito and Shiro also voiced their desire to join them, and Kyrie simply smiled and showed with her body language that she would also be accompanying them.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:01 pm

"Sure, why not?" Lin replied, "Since you talked so much about him..."

There was some dry wit when she said that, because so far none of it was good.

Miyuki grinned, "I'll come as well, just to see for myself too!"

Though she didn't find as much amusement as Kaito did.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 pm

"Then off we go," Mirania laughed, helping her husband to his feet. "Come. If we're quick enough, we can see him before it's dark."

"Not that darkness is really a problem," Lamruil added as if it were a simple thing. "But he is a bit of a stickler for sleeping on time."

Mirania nodded her agreement. "Ah well. He'll get over it."

Kaito hurried ahead to lead the way out of the tent, and the others followed after him. Mirania and Lamruil led the way through the forest, winding their way between the trees until they reached a particularly large one (that is to say, both thicker and taller than the rest, which was saying something) where the children they'd seen earlier with the dog in the forest were now playing with it again. Their mother was nearby, talking with a man and another woman, and a second man was coming down from the tree. This second man looked almost identical to Caranthir - far more than even Mirania did - except that he lacked the goofy smile that made Caranthir Caranthir, and made Mirania so much like her youngest brother.

"That's gotta be him," Kaito mused aloud, grinning.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:24 pm

It was kind of weird seeing someone who could be easily mistaken for Caranthir if it weren't for the lack of smile. The smile had always been part of the Caranthir as much as any part of him.

"Yea... hard to miss the family resemblance," Lin admitted softly.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Mirania giggled. "Then Caranthir looks a bit different from when he was last here. Everyone always used to say he looked more like me than Thorontur."

She waved energetically at her brother, who paused between steps and stared at the group. Mirania laughed and called for him to join them.

At her call, the others beneath the tree also looked to see what was going on. The children and their mother smiled and waved at them, and the second man and woman smiled warmly and called a greeting to them.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Miyuki waved at the family and smiled wildly. She figured that Thorontur was just surprised to see such a large group unexpectedly.

It wasn't like he knew they were coming after all.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:07 pm

"Come on," Mirania urged the group, and she and Lamruil led the way forward.

"Uncle Lamruil!" exclaimed Raina, the mother of the children, whom they had met that afternoon. "You're walking again!"

Lamruil chuckled and gave her a thumbs-up. "Thank our new friends for that," he grinned. "Seems I'll be back to work in a day or so."

Thorontur continued down the tree, picking up his pace slightly. As he disappeared around the back of the tree, the second woman there moved to greet them.

"Hello, Kyrie," she smiled warmly, making her way through the group to her. "It's wonderful to see you again." She put a hand on each of Kyrie's shoulders and kissed her cheeks - first the left, then the right - and Kyrie did the same.

"Excited to be back, Ava," she grinned back at her. She gestured towards the others and introduced them, adding in where they were from as she did so. Then she introduced the people they were now with: Ava, Thorontur's wife, which made her Raina's mother; and the man was Bairn, Raina's husband. They were as welcoming as Mirania and Lamruil.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Lin and the others greeted each one back in turn. They were happy to be here, and of course they were curious about Caranthir's family.

Miyuki glanced at where Thorontur was coming down to meet with them.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:37 pm

By the time the various introductions were done, Thorontur had reached the ground and was on his way over to them.

"Hey Thorontur!" Mirania called to him gleefully. "News about Caranthir!"

"Caranthir? Seriously?" Ava beamed, her eyes bright. "We've not heard anything about him since he left!"

Raina blinked in surprise. "Uncle Caranthir? The one who left the forest?" she asked curiously.

Thorontur didn't seem nearly as impressed as the rest of the family. The crease in his brow expressed confusion and thoughtfulness, but little if any pleasure at the news.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Lin chuckled, because Mirana was too happy with the news. She looked back to Thorontur and explained.

"Most of us here know Caranthir personally, I myself had the pleasure of knowing him as I was growing up."

She had probably been a teenager and not a child though when this had happened.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top