The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 8 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Lin would have asked what kind of contingency plan could possibly account for the various things they seem to always get themselves into, but Kyrie had butted in first.

"Yea," Lin nodded, "They've made it back, Lancaeriel and Iorlas have already gone out to meet them."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A - Page 8 Empty Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Fri May 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Kyrie smiled. "Then I'll fetch Lashrael. She'll be eager to hear how it went - though for that matter, I think the rest of us would like to hear as well."

From outside came the sound of voices, and Amir perked up, looking anxiously towards the door.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 22, 2015 9:56 pm

"Do you want to go and check?" Lin asked Amir, "I'll be right with you."

Amir could probably hear Dareon's voice, since that was the only thing about him that hadn't changed when he was disguised.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri May 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Amir let go of Kaede's neck and pushed himself to his feet, and with the Leafeon tagging along behind him, he padded over to where Lin was sitting and held one hand up to her.

In the meantime, Kyrie had gone off to find Lashrael as she had said she would. The Earth Elf had been in her room all day, wanting to be alone while they waited for word about her fiance.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 22, 2015 11:05 pm

Lin got up and took Amir's hand, she didn't have to really bend down that far to take it. He was growing and quite fast since he was first (and it had been a few years since he was found).

"Let's go then," she told him with a smile, "I'm sure your ada misses you."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri May 22, 2015 11:16 pm

Amir looked up at Lin, his brow furrowed deeply. "Ada," he murmured sadly.

Kaede nuzzled his side, and Amir put his free hand on her head, patted her briefly, and then headed towards the door.

He was just about to step out when the flap was pulled aside and Daeron and Iorlas stepped in, nearly tripping over their son and Lin.

"Oh!" Iorlas exclaimed, flustered. "Sorry!" She reached down to pick up Amir. Daeron was back to looking like himself, and Amir went to them quite happily.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri May 22, 2015 11:22 pm

"That's okay," Lin laughed as she watched Amir greet his parents without reservation, "We were heading out to meet you when you came in."

Really, one had to pity little Amir for the confusion.

"I'd ask how it went, but I think Lashreal would want to hear this as well."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri May 22, 2015 11:31 pm

"Oh, I'm sure she would," Daeron smiled, ushering his family away from the door. "Where is she?"

Lancaeriel entered right behind them, followed by Shoneah who looked tired, but was smiling. As she came further into the kitchen, she unclasped her sword belt, pulling it off and sighing softly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 23, 2015 12:19 am

"Really hard?" Lin asked Shoneah.

It sounded like the young woman was relaxing for the first time since she left. As she asked this, Miyuki came in, having heard that Shoneah and Dareon were back. She was glad to see both of them were well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 23, 2015 12:41 am

"Just tiring," Shoneah smiled at Lin. "Long walk, long talk. Lots of emotion."

"So you found him, then," Kyrie said in the Earth Elven tongue as she re-entered the kitchen. Lashrael was right behind her, which explained the sudden switch in language.

Shoneah smiled. "Yes."

Lashrael clasped her hands together. "How is he?" she asked desperately. "Why did he stay away so long?"

Shoneah held up one hand. "Slow down," she murmured. "There's no need for you to get worked up. He's just fine. He thought you were dead, he didn't say why. We didn't have all that long to talk, and he spent most of the time asking about you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat May 23, 2015 12:56 am

That was surprising, so apparently the cover story she had died, wasn't just a cover story now anymore.

"So what are the next steps?" Lin asked, wanting to know if he was coming or what they would have to do to prepare.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat May 23, 2015 12:24 pm

"Let's sit," Daeron suggested firmly, gesturing towards the living room. "Like Silverbirch said, it was a long walk both ways, and the way back was all uphill."

While most of the others sat in the living room and made themselves comfortable, Lashrael sat in the nearest chair, which was at the table, and wrung her hands anxiously as she waited for Daeron and Shoneah to be ready to speak again.

Daeron of course sat next to Iorlas, and Amir crawled over onto his lap and curled up into a ball, his fists tightly closed around a handful of his father's shirt. Shoneah took one of the chairs and sat back to relax, but her eyes moved over all of the people who were present. For a moment she seemed rather nonchalant, but after looking at everyone twice, her brow furrowed slightly.

Once everyone had sat down, Daeron took up the narrative once more.

"We didn't get to speak together for long," he told them, "but what little we were able to say spoke volumes. Lashrael, for some reason he truly believed that you were dead, and when he learned the truth, he was brought to tears. His only thought was of you and of being reunited with you."

Lashrael lowered her head for a moment, and her shoulders shook as she herself shed some silent tears; but after only a moment, she looked up at him again, and the only sign of emotion was the redness that now rimmed her eyes. "When?" she asked in a rasping voice.

Daeron smiled. "As soon as possible. We told him where to find the tent, and he promised that he would be here as soon as he possibly could - perhaps even tonight, if all goes well."

He hadn't asked what the if all goes well meant, but he assumed it would have something to do with the commander.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 24, 2015 12:17 am

"That's wonderful news," Lin smiled brightly, "Though I wonder if it means we'll have to move soon?"

Even though they hoped to get in contact with him, they didn't want to bring too much attention to the tent and stay there for a long period of time. While they were use to danger, there was still some limits of what they would be able to do.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 24, 2015 12:38 am

"Probably," Kyrie murmured, "but we can always activate the protective runes on the tent once he does arrive. We'll just have to add his blood to the array."

They had already added Lashrael's blood, since they had been traveling with her for a little over a week.

Shoneah had been looking around, and despite how tired she was from the trek and the stress, she noticed that among the faces gathered, there were a few missing - one in particular.

"Where's Andarien?" she asked softly, looking around. He had been so anxious about her going to the base, she would have expected him to be around when she got back.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 24, 2015 12:48 am

"In his room, he said he was unwell," Eron explained, "I think he had an emotional reaction to something I said, but doesn't quite realize that is what it is.... but I'm not sure what I said triggered it."

That was all he could offer, Eron tried his best to understand Andarien, but there was only so much he could do.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 24, 2015 12:58 am

Shoneah frowned. She had thought that Andarien had been getting much better with his reactions to things, he hadn't had an awkward situation in a long time. No meltdowns, no misunderstandings ...

"What were you talking to him about?" she asked Eron, leaning towards him as the others continued their own conversation. "He was doing so well ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 24, 2015 1:21 am

"Well... he as upset that he wasn't able to come and help earlier..." Eron replied slowly.

He then went onto explain that he tried to help Andarien understand why, as no one had properly explained it to him. Andarien was one of those people who was fixated on his faults at times, and needed help to understand when situations changed.

"I tried to explain why both you and Dareon were chosen, Dareon having worked along side those in people with a military background and from my understanding have trained in the army, and you have the maturity and mind set needed since before coming here you were being trained to be the leader of your tribe."

Eron was sure that Andarien understood those reasons, but there was something he was missing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 24, 2015 1:35 am

Shoneah frowned. "Strange ... I can't think of why that might upset him ... do you think it might actually have been something physical? That he really might be sick? It's happened before ..."

That had been when Shoneah and Eron had first joined the group, when winter had been setting in in Shiezin. He hadn't said anything to anyone then, either - simply gone to his room and laid down.

"Maybe someone should check on him," she murmured worriedly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 24, 2015 2:00 am

"Could you?" Eron asked, "Since you're back, it would also cheer him up to know you're back safe and sound."

Eron didn't know what he said caused Andarien to react, but he still did suspect there were feelings the young man had. Besides, he was sure it would make Andarien feel better.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 24, 2015 2:13 am

Shoneah nodded. "I'll do that," she murmured. "I'll see what I can find out. Do you want me to let you know afterwards how it goes? I know you've been trying to help him."

It was a bit odd to think that she had used to be afraid of Andarien - she had grown rather fond of the boy, having gotten to know him. Yes, she still thought he was quirky, but now that she understood him better she could sympathize with him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 24, 2015 2:21 am

"Thanks, that would be helpful, I have some suspicions but you know how hard it is to get an emotional answer out of him," Eron replied with a small smile.

Andarien was sometimes too logical (and yet funnily illogical) for his own good.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 24, 2015 2:44 am

Shoneah smiled and put one hand on Eron's shoulder. "I'll do that," she assured him. "Thanks."

She rose from her seat and headed off to find Andarien and find out what was going on.

The others were still discussing what they would do in the meantime.

"How are we for food?" Kyrie asked Daenis. "Still enough to last a few weeks? We won't have many chances to stop once we leave here."

Daenis thought for a moment. "We do ... but we will need more soon."

"Then I'm going out," Kyrie decided. "Anyone else?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Miyuki looked thoughtful, "I could go out forging... I know what to look for."

And there really were plants here that she recognized that could only be found in a tropical location that she would like to take back to the others.

"How far would it be okay to look?" she asked, not sure because of the base.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun May 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Kyrie took less than a moment to think about it. "Stay within sight of the tent," she decided. "It's safest that way. And go uphill, not down - faster to get back if needed."

She rose from her seat. "I'm going to see what meat I can find. The rest of you stay close."

She headed off to fetch her hunting things, and the others scattered around the tent to do their own things again.

About half an hour later, Shoneah was back and looking for Eron. Her brow was furrowed, her expression thoughtful, and there was something she wanted to discuss with him. She didn't know where he would be - resting, in the lab, meditating - but she decided to try the lab first. It seemed to be the common area for the scientific minds, of which he was one, after all.

She opened the lab door and stepped inside. "Hello?" she called out hesitantly, looking around for the demon.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun May 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Eron was maintaining some of his equipment, being in a tropical area meant new minerals and new floral that could be used for bath salts, soaps and perfumes. While not the best use of his chemist skills, it would bring in money for more materials for research and make him useful.

"Hey Sliverbirch," Eron greeted as he set down a test tube, "How is Andarien feeling?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next