Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:24 am

"It'll give us the chance to rest up," Earendil offered. "We've been going at a pretty hard pace the last week and a half. I'm sure we're all ready for a break."

"Besides that," Iorlas added cheerfully, "tonight we're having a celebration! Lashrael and Jassin are marrying today!"

Shoneah beamed. "I'm so happy to hear that!" she exclaimed. She turned to the couple, smiling widely at them. "I was hoping it could happen soon! I knew the way Jassin reacted when we met him yesterday that it just had to happen, it was so clear that he loves you very much. And with how eager you were to find him I knew it was mutual-"

She cut herself off, laughing. "Here I am, babbling. Congratulations!"
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:01 am

Lin smiled widely, "Congratulations!"

She looked over at the Lanceriael, Iorlas and Miyuki, who often were the ones experimenting in the kitchen.

"I take it you three will be plotting the meal? Need any help?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:07 am

"If you'd like," Iorlas offered, "but with the three of us, and Daenis to give suggestions and helping out with the flavouring, I'm sure we'll be fine."

"Oh, nonsense," Lancaeriel giggled. "We can always use an extra pair of hands for chopping or stirring. Lin, we welcome your help, and with thanks."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:54 pm

Miyuki nodded at this, "Always, especially with something like this."

They had everyone's help last time too, though they were in a town last time and could really go all out. Unfortunately, supplying at the base would be unwise.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:27 pm

The day passed quickly for those who worked at preparing the feast for the evening, and despite not having a town nearby for them to get supplies, they already had so much in their own storage that it was still quite the feast indeed. The celebration lasted long into the night, as they were not worried about the storm that raged on or the military base that was surely searching for their missing lieutenant by now.

The storm abated overnight, and when morning came, the temperature had risen to the mid-30s, with the humidity making it feel much, much hotter. The rain had saturated just about everything, and the ground was nothing but muck. Kyrie wasn't willing to travel in such conditions because of the risk of landslides, and they had another relaxing day. Finally, on their fourth day on the mountaintop, Kyrie declared it safe for them to leave.

"That being said," she added, looking around at everyone, having gathered them in the kitchen and living room for her announcement, "while we're in Illsbruic, we need to be careful. More careful than we've been so far. When we first arrived in the country, we would have been questioned if we were seen. Now we're aiding two deserters - traitors to their people. If we're caught, we could be killed. For that reason, I believe that we should keep the number of travelers to a minimum, have only the stealthiest people out there while the rest remain inside."

She looked around at her companions, her dark eyes serious. "Who would like to volunteer to come out with me?"

Shoneah hesitated for a moment, then leaned forward and raised one hand hesitantly. "I will go," she said firmly. "I at least look Earth Elven."

"I will go," Mailon volunteered quietly. "I know I don't look as though I belong, but I am skilled in stealth and should anything happen I want to be able to protect my family."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:10 pm

"Anyone else? Or should three be the limit?" Lin asked.

She couldn't go, stealth wasn't something she was well trained in, and most of the other Gaians would stand out a great deal due to additional limbs.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Kyrie looked around at the others. "Unless there is anyone else who would particularly like to come ..."

For a moment, there was silence; but then Cael stood up.

"I also will go," he said in quiet determination. "It is no secret that I have no skill with weapons, but I have found that magic is often a more than adequate substitute. And should we be discovered, I can disguise us all as Earth Elves."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:28 pm

"That would be useful," Miyuki agreed.

At least then, those who were traveling would gather much less attention. At the same time, this was going to be a long trip since rest of the group would be forced to wait inside the tent.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:49 pm

"It really is a pity," Earendil murmured in disappointment. "It really is a beautiful country."

"Gemia is much the same," Kyrie offered, "if it's any consolation. And it's a land of humans, so while we may be hated, we won't be in as much danger. You can enjoy the scenery then."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:17 pm

"Then we'll have to wait," Lin replied, "I look forward to seeing it..."

Though it was sad that they would be hated there, at least they wouldn't have to worry about being killed.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:04 pm

It took another three days for them to reach the edge of Illsbruic, and the days were difficult for those who were forced to stay inside for the entire trip. Aside from the antsy-ness that seemed to infect all of them, they were all worried about the four who were outside and doing the hard work. There was no way of knowing what was going on, since they only stopped and set up the tent in the evenings.

Finally they crossed the border into Gemia - a new country, a new culture, and a whole new adventure.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum