Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Inching through Illsbruic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu May 14, 2015 11:14 pm

The woman looked at them all and nodded at them when they were introduced. She listened carefully and remained silent, even when Lin had finished introducing them all. She just kept looking at them, her dark eyes filled with suspicion, flickering from one person to the next. Finally, she spoke.

"I am Lashrael Erlshade," she began. "More than that, I haven't the energy to explain. Set up your tent if you wish."

Without any further explanation, she turned and headed towards a small cluster of trees a short distance away - and yet before she reached the trees, she simply vanished.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu May 14, 2015 11:32 pm

"Should we be letting her go off like that?" Miyuki asked.

The kitsune tried to memorize Lashrael's aura the best she could, so she could at least keep track of the woman. Though that would be stretching her sensing a bit thin as the woman vanished.

"Let her be, I think she's use to being suspicious of others," Eron replied softly, "And she's still grieving."

"And.. I think she's let her need for revenge consume her," Lin added a bit darkly, but her voice was tinged with worry for the strange woman, "Miyuki, that extra room we have. Let's prepare it for her in case she comes back. I think she's just been living off the land in anyway possible, and I really do think she could use a good sleep, a good meal, and a hot shower.. but only when she's ready."

It was what her mother would have done, granted her mother might have gone tracked the woman down, but Kara wasn't really known to have that great of self preservation instinct when someone was in trouble.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu May 14, 2015 11:40 pm

"I don't know," Wren murmured softly. She stared after the woman. "I think there's more to this than grief. Something else - different from her family I mean - is upsetting her. I'm sure of it."

She glanced at Miyuki and Andarien. "Perhaps one of the Pokemon might keep an eye on her, even if only to warn us if she tries to run or do something else."

Andarien blinked and looked at Miyuki. "Eon's dark," he offered.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu May 14, 2015 11:47 pm

Miyuki thought about it and nodded, "That's a good idea."

Most people wouldn't realize how smart the Pokemon were or that they could talk to them.

"In the meantime, how about we get the tent set up? We'll be stuck here until that stuff goes away."

It wasn't safe down there and there was no village to stay in anymore.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu May 14, 2015 11:55 pm

"I'll help with the tent," Daeron offered, as he always did when it was time to set up or take down the tent.

While they worked on that, Andarien spoke to Eon, and the Umbreon ran off after Lashrael.

Soon enough, the tent was up, and the group made their way inside. Daenis had already been working on dinner for them, and the kitchen smelled delicious. She greeted Mailon with a kiss and invited everyone to sit. It took her a few moments to notice how somber everyone seemed.

"What happened?" she asked, puzzled and concerned.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu May 14, 2015 11:58 pm

"The village we were traveling to doesn't exist anymore," Lin explained, "It seems to have been destroyed by a natural disaster many centuries ago."

Eron then launched into an explanation of what happened to them an hour or two before. About the volcano and the deadly gas that was right now covering the area below them. He told her about how they were right now on a mountaintop waiting for it to past and about the strange woman they had saved.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 12:07 am

Daenis was both puzzled and amazed by the story, and as curious as the others as to what the strange woman's story was. Still, she reasoned, everyone would feel better with a full stomach, and she didn't want to waste the meal she had made, so she insisted that they eat dinner before they went off to do their own thing.

A few hours had passed when Eon suddenly ran into the tent, barking that the woman was up and about again.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri May 15, 2015 12:08 am

"What is she doing?" Miyuki asked.

Eon wouldn't have come back if it wasn't serious, so there must have been something that got him going.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 12:18 am

Eon yipped back that she seemed to be leaving the area, not necessarily down the mountain, but off somewhere the group hadn't seen yet.

Wren's eyes narrowed slightly. "Do you think maybe we should keep an eye on her?" she suggested to Miyuki. "The way she was earlier ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri May 15, 2015 12:26 am

"We should..." Lin trailed off.

She was worried about this woman, especially since she had spent five centuries looking for a killer that didn't exist, at least not one you could actually kill in turn.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 12:39 am

"Probably only two or three people," Wren suggested. "Don't want to overwhelm her too much, right?"

"Probably quite wise," Lancaeriel agreed quietly.

"I'll go," Wren offered. She was curious, but she was also worried about the woman and wanted to make sure she would be all right.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri May 15, 2015 12:42 am

"I'll come too," Lin added.

She didn't know what to expect, but she hoped it would be okay.

"Why not bring some dinner in a bento box?" Miyuki suggested.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 12:49 am

"Good idea," Wren agreed, rising from where she had been sitting. "She could probably use it."

She started to pack up some of the leftovers from lunch, filling a bento box with it. Once it was ready, she picked it up and paused thoughtfully.

"Do you think she might need anything else?" she asked, looking at Lin and Miyuki again.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri May 15, 2015 12:53 am

Lin looked thoughtful, she wasn't sure what the woman might need.

"I'm not sure, it's hard to tell from our meeting with her," Lin admitted, "Maybe for now we'll just bring food and see if she'll trust us eventually."

That was also the problem, it was clear that she didn't trust them.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 12:58 am

"Sounds like a plan," Wren nodded. "Then we should get going, before she gets too far."

She slid the bento box into her bag and slung her bag around her shoulder. It was warm outside, so she didn't bother with a cloak or anything else. She chose not to bring any weapons either - if the woman didn't trust them, she didn't want to make things worse.

"Ready if you are," she told Lin with a nod.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri May 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Lin took her own bag, in case anyone needed medical attention (in her family one never knew). Like Wren, she thought it wise to leave her weapons behind.

"Let's go," the angel nodded before holding the door flap open for Wren.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Wren ducked out of the tent and looked around while she waited for Lin to join her. In the green that surrounded them, it was easy to pick out Lashrael just to the west, her body silhouetted against the darkening sky. She seemed to be sitting on a rock or something, above the ground beyond her.

Without speaking, Wren pointed her out to Lin, then started towards her. As they approached her, Lashrael's head turned ever so slightly to one side, the only indication that she was aware of their presence, and she said nothing.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri May 15, 2015 9:39 pm

It ooked like Lashrael was thinking, or at least, she looked lonely to Lin out here.

"Hey..." Lin murmured once they got close enough, "Are you hungry?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 9:51 pm

She was sitting on the edge of a cliff that overlooked the lake below. Her eyes were cast downwards. The fog that had come from the lake earlier was gone now, and everything was still and calm.

At Lin's question, she reached up and wiped her cheeks again with one hand, then turned to look at Lin and Wren. Her dark eyes were bloodshot, and she looked as though she had been crying again.

"Thank you," she murmured quietly, her voice rough and husky. "I am."

Wren held out the bento box, and Lashrael accepted it and opened it. She lifted the box to her nose to smell it briefly before using her fingers to pick out some food and begin eating.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri May 15, 2015 10:02 pm

Lin couldn't imagine what was going through Lashrael's mind, and she wondered if the woman had anyone close left. Instead of asking though, she took a seat on the ground and let Lashrael finish her meal. There was no hurry, even though it was getting dark.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 10:09 pm

Lashrael took her time, also ignoring the setting of the sun, and only when she had finished off everything that was in the box did she lower it to her lap. She lowered her head for a moment, and Wren worried for a moment that she had begun to cry again; but then she looked up at Lin and Wren once more.

"Thank you," she said again, her voice stronger now, though it was still soft. "That was ... quite good."

Wren nodded, and then asked in an equally soft tone, "Are you all right?"

Lashrael lowered her eyes again, then sighed. "I ... I will be, eventually. I just ..." She trailed off and shook her head slowly.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri May 15, 2015 10:16 pm

"Need time?" Lin asked softly.

It had only been a few hours since Lashrael had been told that the thing that killed her family had been an underwater volcano. Something that would bring most people relief, but when you thought they had been murdered and looked for so long...

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Lashrael looked at Lin and shook her head again. "No, time is something that I have plenty of," she said quietly. "I think .. I just need to get my bearings, figure out what to do from here."

She looked back out over the lake again. "It's complicated."

"Complicated?" Wren repeated, her brow furrowing slightly.

The woman closed her eyes for a moment, then lowered her head slightly and opened her eyes again. "It's a long story."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri May 15, 2015 10:44 pm

"If it's not too forward...." Lin replied slowly, "May we ask?"

It wasn't like they were going to go anywhere any time soon. In fact, she wasn't sure what the group was going to do now, now that there was no village. Probably keep traveling to the next one.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri May 15, 2015 11:04 pm

Lashrael looked at Lin, then at Wren, and then she nodded slowly.

"I ... don't have much of a life to go back to," she began quietly. "I was a soldier, a lieutenant in the army, helping to keep our borders safe. One day when I was on leave, visiting my family, I was called back to deal with a border invasion. It meant missing my sister's wedding. Shalana had met a man from Nygard while I had been gone and was going to marry him, so I was disappointed. I had never even met the man."

She shrugged. "It turned out the mission was far shorter than expected, and I had a chance at making it to the wedding on time ... though I didn't end up making it. I arrived the morning after."

At that point, she had to swallow hard, and brushed another tear from her cheek. "I still don't know if it was a blessing or a curse. The entire village was dead when I arrived, and I'm been torturing myself for the past five hundred years trying to figure out what happened ... and oftentimes I wonder if it wouldn't have been better for me to have been there with them when it happened."

She lowered her head and held it in her hands.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum