Going through Gemia - 119 4A

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Going through Gemia - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:17 pm

"It's always a good sign when Kaede is excited," Miyuki replied, a bit amused at the sight.

"Careful now, I'm carrying heavy things," Holly told the Pokemon.

She wasn't sure if it was really talking or not but Gaian creatures (especially pets) tended to be really intelligent she found.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Immediately, Kaede calmed down, keeping a safe distance between herself and Holly. She trotted alongside her for a few moments, then ran back to Amir's side and nuzzled his leg.

"Hello, Holly," Iorlas smiled at the girl. "It's wonderful to see you again. I see we've all arrived just in time. Would you like a hand carrying anything?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Holly shook her head, everything she was carrying was in her bag, and she wouldn't want to give the whole bag over to someone else that would be unfair.

"I'm fine, it's all in one place and easy to carry."

It was just heavy.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:09 pm

They caught up with each other just in front of the short lane that led to the field where the travelers were camping and started up the lane together, joining into one group.

"Did you have a busy morning?" Iorlas asked conversationally, both to be polite but also to keep up appearances for those who might be nearby.

Up ahead the tent was in view, and there were several people outside again. Andarien was once more outside with each of his Pokemon. Zeus was chasing Ponydash around while Andarien lay on his back on the ground, his head on his hands, eyes closed, and Eon was curled up against his side. Shiro and Kaito were on the other side of the tent, tossing a baseball back and forth.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:13 pm

"Relatively," Holly admitted, "Celia wanted more clothes for her husband, and there are some fancy dresses that needed to be overseen. More for dying purposes than anything else."

It was always the decorations that made these things so expensive, which was why Holly was glad she had the skills to make her own, even though time was money, and it could have been spent making things for other people.

"And a quilt... I don't get to quilt very often because I'm not in the business of making blankets and covers, but it's nice a change to do one once in a while."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:22 pm

"They're nice and simple," Iorlas agreed.

As they approached the tent, she let go of Amir's hand, and the boy giggled and ran ahead of them. Kaede raced ahead and joined in the chase with Zeus and Ponydash, and Amir jumped on Andarien's stomach.

"Gyaaah!" Andarien yelped. He grabbed Amir and rolled to one side to get the boy off his stomach so that he could breathe properly. "Amir!" he gasped. "What'd you do that for?"

Amir just giggled.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:25 pm

Miyuki chuckled, "Amir, if you want to play, go play with Shiro and Kaito."

At least they would get it and Kaito would be into it.

"Though I should go check to see if everyone is home..." Miyuki added absently.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Amir pouted and wrapped his arms around Andarien's hands.

"It's okay, Mi," Andarien wheezed. "I just wasn't ready is all. Besides, Kaede should be able to play with her brother." Then, his expression curious, he added, "Why do you need everyone? We're all here, but why?"

"Surprise," Shoneah grinned at him, patting him on the head like a child as she walked past him to the tent. "Inside."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:38 pm

Miyuki laughed, "Yea, it would be wise to take this inside."

She motioned for Holly to follow, they didn't need the protections up and so it was fine for her to come along.

"Shiro! Kaito!" Miyuki also called out to the nekos so they wouldn't miss it.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Shiro and Kaito looked over to see what was going on, and Iorlas motioned for them to follow the group.

Shoneah was the first one inside, and she called out for others to join them in the kitchen, and by the time the others from outside joined them inside, about half the group had assembled and others were on their way.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:46 pm

While everyone was gathering, Holly was looking around the kitchen in wonder. It felt so much like home and when Miyuki explained how the stoves worked (she finally got them to work like she wanted) Holly wanted to pounce on the kitsune.

She missed temperature ovens that didn't take forever to heat, she imagined their bread wasn't horribly burnt at the bottom.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:34 pm

It didn't take long for the rest of the travelers to arrive in the kitchen, and they sat down where they could. Space was starting to get a bit limited.

"What's going on?" Wren asked, leaning against a doorway.

"Holly has something she would like us to see," Shoneah explained, her tone curious. "And she would like us all to be together when she shows us."

She was assuming that whatever it was would come out of the bag Holly was carrying though she couldn't of course say for certain.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Holly licked her lips, it was strange after years of hiding to suddenly just let a bunch of strangers know. Granted this was different than say anyone in the town, even Rose.

She almost lost her nerve, emotionally her mind was saying this was a terrible idea. However, if she was going to be allowed to travel she would have to be fully honest. Taking a deep breath Holly undid her bonnet.

Long pale brown hair fell around her shoulders in loose curls. On top of her out were two very fluffy cat ears. Running her hand through her hair she had to comment.

"I feel really naked now after ten years."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:56 pm

As Holly's hair tumbled around her shoulders, a silence fell over the room. The shock was perhaps not so much the ears that were now exposed, but the fact that she had survived ten years in a society that was not in the least accepting of other races.

Kaito couldn't help himself. Without even realizing it, he found himself reaching out slowly to touch Holly's ears.

"Kaito!" Shiro said sharply, frowning at him.

Kaito blinked and lowered his hand just short of Holly's ears. "Sorry," he apologized, blushing and taking a half step back. "It's just ... they're beautiful. You're beautiful."

His own ears flicked back and forth and he shuffled his feet, for the first time in his life, feeling awkward.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Holly blushed, it was one thing when the men who courted her told her she was beautiful, but this was far different.

"Thank you..." she murmured.

Lin was really surprised, how Holly managed to hide while entering the town she couldn't even imagine. So she had to ask, "How did you manage to hide your ears... and tail, long enough to get everything needed to fit in? The clothes here help, but before that..."

She assumed that Holly's tail was hiding under the skirt.

Holly laughed at that, "Actually, I introduced this style to the town. I've been a big fan of lolita wear before I even came here. It just happened that people were fascinated with the idea, and it wasn't too different from what they already wore. Except frillier, lacier and a lot of prints."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Shiro chuckled softly. "A town of humans in Arda have been Gaia-fied and liked it. Unfortunately, I do have the feeling Rose will still be the only exception to the rule of them not liking other races."

"Speaking of which," Kyrie spoke up, curious, "does Rose know? You two seem pretty close, and she seems the kind of person who would accept you. I mean, she accepted all of us." She gestured towards the group, who was scattered around the room.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Holly shook her head, "I've actually never told Rose, it was a bit traumatic when I first came here so I tended to be really paranoid about anyone finding out..."

And it was hard to explain how Holly just buried herself in her work and in her persona to just fit in. Though she had to admit, Rose's interaction with the group was promising.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:28 pm

"Ah," Kyrie nodded. "And of course, as time goes on, it gets harder and harder ..."

There was a slight pause, and then Lancaeriel murmured softly, "But ... the fact that you're showing us ... does this mean that you're hoping to come with us, to go back to your home? You don't wish to continue your life here?"

"You are welcome," Wren added immediately. "Half our group is made up of people who joined us along the way, for one reason or another."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:46 pm

"I'm not mortal," Holly explained, "I have been here for about ten years and I'm unmarried. There is only so long I can throw people off about either fact. It's not proper for a woman in her thirties to remain unmarried here."

Holly was always overly aware what was considered proper and not proper, which was why her friendship with Rose was odd at first until people probably realized that she was living through Rose.

"And frankly I haven't changed since I turned 21, everyone assumes I'm like this because I'm always covered up and out of the sun."

An excuse that will probably only last another five years.

"Also, while knowing Rose has been wonderful, I have find the town frightfully boring," Holly also admitted.

Lin was a bit amused at the last admission, "Are you saying this as someone who wants more or a Gaian."

"A Gaian, specifically one who has lived in a city all her life," Holly admitted without shame, "I miss diversity, in people, in food, in clothes, in books... most people don't own books here because it's really expensive and fiction is almost non-existent... it would be nice to talk to people about fairy tales and Alice in Wonderland once more."

"You really thought about this," Miyuki commented, she wondered if Holly thought about Gaia a lot while she was here.

"I have, for the past... hmmm.. .when did I invest in my notebook? Eight years, I have spent eight years writing down all things I missed no matter how small and silly they happen to be. I think the first thing I wrote was that I missed a pen that wasn't a quill."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:58 pm

"I think I'd spend all my time crying if I did that," Shoneah sighed, smiling sadly.

There were so many things she missed. The only way she could cope was not to think about it too much, and focus on the life she was living here. Similar in a way, and yet so different from the life she had used to know. Andarien made it easier for her, more than anything else, but it still happened so often that she missed home so very badly.

She hadn't spoken to Eron in a while about it, and she couldn't help but wonder how he was coping. He certainly seemed to be doing well enough.

Meanwhile, Shiro had been doing some math.

"If you've been here ten years," he murmured, "then you've probably missed ... half a year, maybe a year back home."

He couldn't help but wonder what would have changed for her there.

He grinned. "In the meantime ..." He pulled a pen from behind his ear and held it out to her. It was a regular, common ballpoint pen with the end that needed to be clicked for the tip to come out. "Here."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:12 pm

"Oh!" Holly smiled as she took the pen, "Thank you... wait... only a year at most?"

That seemed confusing to her, did time pass more slowly in Gaia? She couldn't imagine, because it had been so long.

"I wonder if I could pick up where I left off and finish graduating..."

Though she couldn't remember now what her project was. Maybe she should do a working thesis on how clothing would be made from scratch. Goodness knows she had ten years of practice putting into practice all her dye theory.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:23 pm

Shiro smiled warmly at Holly. "I know, it's something that's difficult to understand," he sympathized. "But Arda and Gaia run on different times. What passes for a year in Gaia is something like twenty or so years here. Likewise, a year here is akin to maybe two or three weeks back in Gaia. That being said ..."

He shrugged. "You'd probably have to restart your semester when you get back. It'll be a new year. You may even have to re-register." Suddenly, a thoughtful look crossed his face. "Unless ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:35 pm

"Unless?" Holly blinked, wondering what he was thinking.

She really would like to not spend another year in school, not when she had been running her own business for several years already.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Shiro watched her thoughtfully. "Well ... if you remember how to use technology, I have a tablet you could use to write your thesis while we travel," he suggested quietly. "Perhaps you could get away with simply submitting your thesis rather than having to take an entire semester, or entire year again."

Sure, it was his personal tablet, and it had cost a fortune, but if she was careful (which, to be a seamstress, he was sure she had to be, especially for lolita wear) then he didn't mind sharing it. At least he probably wouldn't have to worry about her abusing it, like Kaito was so fond of doing with his games.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:47 pm

Holly smiled and then frowned as she realized that while her thesis would require writing, most of it had to be work done.

"I don't know... I actually have to make something for my thesis and then write about it," Holly explained, "I studied textiles before this all happened, and I was in the middle of my thesis, but I don't remember what I had settled on..."

There was no way she could re-create it now, it probably didn't interest her anymore.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum