Going through Gemia - 119 4A

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Going through Gemia - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:17 am

Shiro looked at Holly and, deciding that since she was leaving anyways, and since it was the only language aside from the human tongue here that she understood, he would explain to her in English.

"He wants to kick everyone else out so that you can decide if it's okay for Tobias to know what race you are, and for Rose and Tobias to decide if they want to give each other a chance," he explained. "Normally our group is all about giving love a chance, but ... you're our priority, and if you don't want him to know, then we respect that. All of us."

He sighed again. "I feel sorry for the guy, honestly I do, but seriously ..." He shrugged apologetically.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:58 pm

Holly sighed, she didn't really know Tobias that well, except that he was a sweet man. Though Jassin had spoken up for him, so that must mean something.

"I'm more worried that he won't take it well and that will affect Rose's ability to leave. It's not giving the man enough credit I know, but I've avoided the men whenever I can. Except Peter made it hard to turn down invites to his parties..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:21 pm

Shiro shrugged. "Give a yea or nay," he told her, trying to soften his words so that they wouldn't sound so harsh. "I think we're going to need an answer from you before we can go anywhere - if only to shut Kaito up."

Kaito had still been debating with the others, but he heard what Shiro said and protested with a loud "Hey!" still in Japanese.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:34 pm

Holly sighed, it sounded like Kaito really was one of those nekos. She thought about it a bit more, because she wasn't even sure if Tobias even wanted to leave.

"Does he even want to leave? That's asking a lot of him," Holly finally asked.

She wasn't going to put herself through this if the man didn't even want to leave his current life. Holly wouldn't blame him if he said no, he had family here, he fit in here (as far as she could tell).

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:37 pm

Shiro chuckled softly. "Then just say no," he murmured. "That will end it."

Rose had already said that "if" she would have been willing to settle down with someone here, it might have been Tobias, but that didn't mean she would welcome him along just to see if she might someday fall in love with him.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Holly thought about it a bit more. She really couldn't bring herself to show Tobias, not when she wasn't sure if even he wanted to leave.

She shook her head, "I can't... not when Tobias might not come anyways or nothing might come of it."

While it was true Tobias was shy, the fact he confessed and then hoped Rose would stay with him showed his youth too much to Rose. Only youth would think a sudden confession, without even hinting there was even love there earlier, would keep a person in place.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:58 pm

Shiro smiled at Holly and put one hand gently, reassuringly, on her shoulder.

"Then that's it," he told her. He turned to the others and switched to Japanese again. "Kaito, it's done. Holly's not comfortable with letting him know about her. If Rose wants to change her mind, fine; but him accompanying us is out of the question."

Kaito's shoulders slumped. "Aww ..."

It was enough for Kyrie. She stepped up behind Rose and put a hand on Rose's shoulder to get her attention.

"Rose," she murmured, "it's time to go. What are you going to do?"

Rose turned to Kyrie. Without hesitation, she replied, "I'm coming."

There was no way she was going to leave Holly on her own. Not now, not ever, and especially not for something that might or might not end happily for her. If anything ever came of it at all.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:06 pm

Holly smiled gratefully at Shiro and nodded to him. She didn't hold Kaito's views against him though (his exaggerated motion made it hard to take him too seriously).

"Thank you..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Shiro smiled warmly at Holly. He might not have experienced the same things she had upon coming here, but he knew enough about the prejudices of the people here that he had a pretty good idea how difficult it must have been for her until now.

"Just wait," he murmured. "A day or so away from the town, and you'll be able to be yourself ... for the first time in years, really yourself."

Rose bid her family a last farewell, and then the group set off.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:30 pm

Despite the fact that this was what Holly had dreamed of for a long time, it was so hard to imagine that she would be finally able to be herself. Yet as they traveled, when there was time a night when they rested, Holly was slowly modifying her skirts and dresses to allow for her tail.

She figured, as more clothes were modified the less excuse she had to really hide it all.

And as Holly predicted the first few days were hard on both her and Rose. Not at all use to the extensive walking it took as part of traveling. In fact, the first night or two, Holly didn't do any sewing at all, instead going to sleep right after dinner, and on some days, she had to stop and stay in the tent with Daenis because it was quite difficult.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:51 pm

Despite being an energetic person by nature, the travel wore Rose out as well, and she also rested in the afternoons with Daenis so that she would be awake enough to socialize in the evenings with everyone else.

One evening, sitting around the table after dinner while a few of the group were working on dishes, Earendil and Kyrie - with some others around them - were looking over maps once more.

"What's the plan from here?" Earendil asked Kyrie as he rolled out his maps of where they were and the countries around them.

Kyrie did some rearranging of the maps and then rolled a few more open. "We're here now," she murmured, pointing to a spot in the southwest of Gemia. "West of here is Eaulir - small country - and then we have a few options. There's the bay here ..."

Since they didn't have maps of the bay, she used maps of a few of the countries they had already visited around the bay and then used her finger to trace the rest of it on the table.

"And directly across this strait, we could go to Eausin, but then we would miss Poleria entirely," she went on. "And Eausin is really just another side of Eaulir, they're both countries of Water Elves."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:14 am

Holly was listening in, mainly out of interest. She understood now (what she didn't know before) that there were different races of elves in this world, but she didn't know much beyond that. She wondered what Water Elves were like, and for some reason kept imagining mers.

"What would be the best way to travel so not miss Poleria, or would we have to backtrack either way?" Lin asked.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:23 am

Kyrie leaned back in her chair and tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Well, we could fly across the bay on Uruloki's back, and then pass through Poleria to Shiezin and visit Ahkshi again," she murmured. "It's been ... a while." She sighed. "I miss him."

Rose tilted her head curiously. This was someone she'd not yet heard of. "Ahkshi?"

"Kyrie's husband," Earendil answered. Then, to Kyrie, he asked, "Wasn't Poleria the place where you were ..."

"Taken captive?" Kyrie smiled at him. "Yes. And perhaps this is a good time to make sure they haven't rebuilt the facility again."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:44 am

"Wait what?" Holly blinked.

She didn't know what was more incredible, the fact that Kyrie was married, or the fact she had apparently been taken captive. Actually, the latter was more incredible, because long distance partners weren't unheard of in Gaia. Just, maybe not to this extreme.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:48 am

Kyrie glanced at Holly. "What ... what?" she asked, not really understanding what was so confusing to Holly. Others had always found it odd that she didn't speak of her husband often, so after a moment's thought she figured that must be it, and she shrugged.

"My husband is Fire Elven, and a physician," she explained. "He can't leave home. I'm a wanderer - I have been since I was very young. We have no children - can't have any, actually - so it works out."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:51 am

"And the last part?" Holly inquired, "You mentioned about being captured in a country and something about a facility?"

Somehow the word 'facility' didn't bode well with Holly at all. So she had to wonder what had happened, especially if they were going to pass through the country.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:59 am

Kyrie ran her fingers through her hair and considered how to tell the story quickly and yet with enough information that Holly would understand.

"When Khetal and I were young, our parents brought us to see the countries they were from - Poleria and Dolerum," she began. "Mother was human, Father was Dark Elven. The countries were at war, so Mother and Father were killed, and Khetal and I were taken captive. I'm still not entirely sure what they did to him, but I was used as a test subject for various poisons. Eventually I was rescued. Years later I went back looking for Khetal and found him working as a researcher, looking for antidotes to the poisons. Helped him escape ... in a manner of speaking ... blew up the facility, and the rest is history."

She let her her breath slowly and then smiled at Holly. "Honestly, it's the main reason why I spend my life the way I do, traveling ... I promised that if I could ever help anyone so that they don't end up in the same situation I was, then that was what I had to do. So that's what I've been doing since, even since I was married."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:02 am

"Oh...." Holly murmured softly.

That sounded deeply personal, and again was proof how different this place was. However, Holly reasoned, there had to be places in Gaia that were also at war, just not where she used to live. After all, no place was perfect, and war was.. well common enough.

"What is the political situation now?" she asked.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 am

"To be honest, I'm not sure," Kyrie admitted. "It's been a few hundred years since I've been there. It's not one of my favourite places to go, which I'm sure comes as no surprise."

After a pause, she added, "That being said, I'm sure not much has changed. Half-bloods and non-human races will be hated, possibly driven out ... but I have promised to bring the group to every country, and I shall keep my promise."

"And if we survived Jielam, I'm sure we can survive any country," Earendil said confidently.

"You forget," Kyrie murmured, "in Jielam we had no direct confrontations. In Poleria, we almost certainly will."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 am

"All we can do then is prep for the worse," Miyuki murmured thoughtfully.

She and Andarien had certainly grown quite a bit since their last violent confrontation. Andarien was becoming a good shot with the pistol and Miyuki's magic was growing. Though her plant magic wasn't something she would use in battle, she had a few good illusions and a few rune arrays that could be used.

And then there were the Pokemon. She would prefer not to get into a confrontation, but if it came down to it... they would have to.

"But we will have to take into consideration now that we have more people who are not fighters," Lin added softly.

When they started the trip, the number of people who could potentially fight out numbered the people who couldn't by a good amount, but now they had more people to worry about.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:23 am

"But we also have more who are," Earendil pointed out. "Cael is amazing with magic, Lashrael and Jassin were both soldiers, Mirania and Lamruil are archers-"

"Though not the best in hand-to-hand combat," Lamruil put in sheepishly.

Earendil glanced at Lamruil and then went on. "Shoneah's a fighter, Miyuki and Andarien have grown in their skills ... plus we have six Pokemon more than we did when we started out."

"The ratio has changed," Kyrie agreed. "And as long as we try to avoid the densely populated areas, we should be fine. I do want to make sure that there are no more of those facilities, though. No one should have to undergo such experiments."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:21 pm

"Agreed," Miyuki nodded, "And we'll do our best to stay safe as well."

She wasn't just saying that for Holly and Rose, but because the last time they had helped became a bit dangerous. Though she hoped the protections on the tent would help, the whole tent idea happened after that one trip.

"Anyways, if everyone else is okay, we could stop for a while at Shiezin again," Miyuki went on to change the subject, "It'll allow Kyrie to spend time with Ahkshi, and... we really really need to expand this kitchen. In fact we just need a kitchen and then a separate dining area.... and some earthware.. and maybe some more bento boxes... and large stoves.... and other things..."

Which suggested Miyuki had already mapped out what would be the new kitchen, she just needed time and a place that didn't mind them.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:39 pm

"In other words," Daeron chuckled, "it will be an opportunity for all of us to get done a lot of the work that we've been planning on doing since we've started getting so many people here."

"To be fair, there have been a lot of changes very quickly," Earendil pointed out. "It's only fair."

"Who is Uruloki?" Rose asked quietly. She had been wondering since Kyrie had mentioned the name.

Kyrie chuckled softly. "Well, you've met Xipil, right?"

Rose nodded.

Kyrie smiled. The tattoo on her abdomen rippled and separated from her, and Uruloki appeared in her lap, hatchling-sized, smaller than Xipil now. Rose's eyes sparkled, and she grinned excitedly. "Wow ..."

Then, a moment later, she added, "But ... he's not ... big enough for us to fly on his back ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:43 pm

Lin chuckled at this and explained, "Uruloki can change his size, right now he looks like a hatchling, but he can become big enough to fly us."

Hard to imagine looking at him, and she wondered if one day Xipil would be able to do the same.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:57 pm

"It's hard to imagine," Rose murmured with a smile. "There's so much I never knew ... never even imagined."

"Well, traveling does open the world to you," Earendil grinned. "No need to be surprised. But it's settled, then? Eaulir, across the bay to Poleria, and then back to Shiezin for a time?"

Kyrie was happy with that. "Ahkshi will be so pleased," she beamed. "And we've only been gone ... well, less than two years at the moment. Not exactly a record, but it's quite good, considering how much has happened in that time."

Last edited by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: