Going through Gemia - 119 4A

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Going through Gemia - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Rose was delighted to hear that Holly had seen the group.

"What were they like?" she asked eagerly. "I've never seen anyone non-human - are they really so much taller than us? Do they really walk as if they're floating on air? Why are they here?"

No one would argue that Rose was an odd duck, and her questions only proved it. While most others would either be suspicious or want them gone, Rose wanted nothing more than to know more about them.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:05 pm

"I don't know," Holly replied, "Edward wanted them off the plantation as quickly as possible."

Not really a surprise, no one really looked happy for them to be there, and the group seemed used to that reaction.

"They said they were travelers just passing through. The elves are tall, but the other races are closer to our height."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Rose looked briefly disappointed, but when she heard the words 'other races' she perked up again.

"What other races were there?" she asked. "I mean, are they dwarfs? Or gnomes? Fairies? What?"

She was persistent, and she would not rest until either she got the answers she wanted, or she found out that the person she was asking simply didn't know any of the answers she was looking for.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Did such races exist in this world? It was the first time Holly had heard any other race referenced other than elves.

"Uhm... I believe they introduced themselves as..." Holly paused as if trying to remember, "Angel, angel neko, yokai, yokai neko and kitsune..."

Interestingly enough there were no humans among the group. She also found it interesting that the demons would call themselves yokai. While not technically wrong, if she recalled correctly but not a complete accurate translation. Was there was reason why no one would use the word demon in this world?

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Again, Rose was disappointed, and her face fell.

"I've never heard of any of those," she sighed. She fell silent for a moment. Could she perhaps convince Holly to come with her to take a look at them, perhaps even try to talk to them? She knew if anyone saw them, they would be questioned, probably lectured, but at the same time, she couldn't help her curiosity. She just had to see them, had to talk to them.

"Hey," she said quietly, glancing sidewise at Holly as they walked, "do you think if they're still around when we get to town, we might get a peek at them? Maybe even try to talk to them?"

She held her breath in anticipation of Holly's reply.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:19 pm

"I don't see why not," Holly replied causally.

Really, Holly never needed to make excuses to do "improper" things when Rose was around. Rose pretty much invented Holly's excuses for her.

"But we must be careful of who sees, I'm not in the mood for a lecture on propriety not in this case," she added.

Holly was aware her Gaia was showing again, but she really thought it was kind of rude how the others at the plantation was treating them. Even if they were never to leave home, one should always treat others how they would like to be treated unless shown otherwise.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:22 pm

"Of course, first we need to find out where they are, if they're still around," Rose mused aloud as they entered the town. "I mean, if they're gone already, then we're kind of out of luck. But knowing the council, they're probably still taking to them. Maybe we should check the town hall first?"

She looked towards the town hall. It looked abandoned now, with no one around it; but of course, that didn't mean no one was inside.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Holly was about the protest that she didn't mean right now, she did have her shop to tend to, but her mind thought, someone was already manning it so a bit longer wouldn't hurt.

"Let's check town hall first, even if they aren't there someone is bound to know what happened...." Holly trailed off.

Sometimes she really shouldn't give into Rose's request without putting restrictions first. Well, that was her fault, she should know by now.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Rose grinned and linked her arm with Holly's. As anyone who knew them would say, Holly was both her conscience and her enabler, a rather interesting contrast.

There was only one person left at the town hall, the man who was in charge of cleaning it after meetings. He greeted the girls warmly when he saw them, but shooed them away from the inside.

"Just finished mopping," he told them in his crusty tone. Despite it, he was well beloved by the town, because he was a big softie with a rough voice. "I'll have to ask you girls to stay outside until it's dry."

"Oh, we just wanted to ask a few questions if we could, Jack," Rose said innocently. "We don't need to come inside for that!"

The man smiled and leaned on his mop handle. "True enough," he agreed. "What do you want to know?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Holly shook her head, because Rose wasn't fooling anyone.

"We heard we have visitors to the town, and was wondering what their business was," Holly explained.

It was a round about way of asking if they were staying in town, if their business was to stay for a while then that would cover it.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Jack's eyes narrowed slightly. He knew of Rose and Holly's reputation, and he had a suspicion that they wanted more than they were letting on. Still, it wasn't his place to stop them.

"Travelers looking for rest, is my understanding," he told them. "Jared sent 'em out to ol' Marley's place. Field didn't get planted after he died last spring, on account of he had no kids to inherit, so it's empty. They'll only be here a few days, though, I reckon. I figure after three days, maybe four, they'll be asked to move on."

Rose glanced at Holly. Now they knew where the group was, at least.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:51 pm

A few days, Holly could work with a few days. She curtsied and thank Jack for his help. It satisfied their curiosity on the matter.

Even though truth, she figured Rose was going to drag them to the field now rather than later. However, she was going to have to put her foot down. No sense looking overly eager and she had things she had to do.

So when she led Rose away from town hall, she did so in the direction of her shop.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:57 pm

"Oh, come on," Rose protested as they headed back to Holly's shop. "It's not far from here, we could be in and back before anyone even notices we're not where we're supposed to be!"

Unlike Holly, she really didn't care how much she got lectured. Somehow she always managed to get away without any real punishments from her father, and of course her mother couldn't punish Rose without her father's knowledge or say-so. It really was no wonder Rose did the things she did.

Even if the way she thought was so different from anyone else in the town.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:07 pm

"No, I have a shop to run Rose," Holly reminded the younger girl.

Unlike Rose, Holly's day didn't stop when parents said the day was done.

"And my apprentice would like to get back to the project I assigned her," she added, "Besides that they'll be here for a few days. That's more than enough time to observe... or in your case stalk."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:24 pm

"I take exception to that," Rose retorted, not truly insulted. "I don't stalk. Stalking implies prey. I simply observe from a safe distance."

One of Rose's many talents was obviously language manipulation, and it was one that she used to its full extent.

She sighed. "I understand, though. I'll let you get back to work." She smiled and gave Holly's arm a light squeeze. "But after dinner, your shop is closed anyways. Don't be surprised if I show up on your doorstep."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:33 pm

"I'll keep that in mind," Holly replied as she rolled her eyes.

It was all in good nature, though that would mean Holly wouldn't be able to seek out the travelers herself. Ah well, it would give her time to write a few letters.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Later that evening, as promised, Rose showed up on Holly's doorstep, though it was a few hours past dinner. Truth be told, she was supposed to be in bed, but she had slipped out instead. It wasn't unusual for her.

"Holly," she hissed, tapping at a window. She had no idea if Holly was asleep or not, or if maybe she'd already left, or what, but she figured it would be worth a try.

Meanwhile, back at the field, the tent had been set up, and for the first time in a while, the group was enjoying an outdoor fire. Most of them were still outside, though a few had gone in to sleep, and many of the Pokemon were also outside and relaxing - even Ponydash, which was a nice change for the Rapidash. He was celebrating by running - not terribly fast, but fast enough - around the perimeter of the field, getting rid of pent up energy and stretching his legs.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Rose was, nothing if not predictable at times. Holly figured she would be arriving after her bed time and had waited by an oil lamp tatting lace. Her little black book beside her. She had already added missing electric lights years ago when she first arrived.

She tilted her head the moment she heard the tapping on the window. Carefully setting her lace down she padded over to the window and opened it. Leaning over she sighed.

"I figured that was you," she murmured, "A bit late going to bother people isn't it?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:04 pm

"But that's what makes it so perfect," Rose grinned. "It means no one else will be around to lecture us. You in?"

She was going to go regardless of whether or not Holly went with her. She just didn't care about rules. Never had.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Holly sighed, which was par course for her whenever one of Rose's plans were involved.

"Yes, someone has to watch you," she told her friend, "Give me a moment."

After a minute or two, Holly was outside her home/shop locking up. It was clear that Holly had expected Rose, because her clothes had not changed from earlier that day.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Rose couldn't help but smile when she saw Holly. "See?" she beamed. "You knew I was going to come. Otherwise you'd have been in your nightclothes by now."

She had to admit, she was a little amused that even in the privacy of her own home, Holly still wore her bonnet. For a moment she couldn't help but wonder if perhaps she even slept in it!

She took Holly's arm again. "Come on, we don't even need a lantern. Moon's more than bright enough for us!"

Not that she had any idea that Holly's night sight was so much better than her own anyways.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:26 pm

Holly had pulled her bonnet up further than usual to hide her face. People often wondered how she could find her way when she did that at night, but Holly did lest anyone noticed the way the light tended to catch in her eyes.

The neko also carried a basket of different flavoured shortbread cookies and a brick of black tea as a welcoming gift. If they were going to disturb these people she might as well be carrying something proper. Tea in this area was often made in bricks to make them last longer and it was easier to export.

Holly preferred Earl Grey, though she would admit to missing green tea. That was number 59 on her list of things she missed.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:44 pm

The girls were quiet as they made their way to the field where the travelers were staying, sticking to the shadows so as not to attract attention - more necessary tonight because of the possibility of people looking out their windows to make sure the travelers stayed away from the town.

As they came close to the field, they could hear soft voices, speaking and laughing together, and there was a glow of a fire up ahead. As they drew closer, they were able to see silhouettes around the fire, and faces of those on the far side of it.

Uruloki was snuggling in Kyrie's lap, enjoying some special attention, and he lifted his head suddenly and looked around.

"Not to worry anyone," he said quietly, calmly, "but I think we may have some company.

Kyrie didn't move, simply tipped her head back and looked around, still smiling. Without Uruloki bonded to her, she had only elven sight and hearing, which, while better than humans', was still far inferior to dragons'.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Miyuki's ears twitched and turned to see two silhouettes coming towards them. She was curious as to who could be coming out so late at night.

Holly was glad they stuck to the shadows, it seems that the group was under guard, but whether it was for the group or for the town, she did not know. She wasn't surprised they were spotted so quickly, there were several races with really good hearing and good sight in the group.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:10 pm

Rose couldn't help but slow her pace as they approached the group. Sheer awe filled her as she took in the sight of such strange races. Ears like animal ears ... tails ... wings ... she had never heard of anything like this, let alone expected to see them.

Then she spotted the Earth Elves. She knew that Earth Elves were at war with their people, and her first instinct was to shy away; but then she rationed that if they were in danger, the council would not have allowed the Elves to stay here, and certainly they wouldn't look as peaceful as they did now, with the woman's head on the man's shoulder, their fingers intertwined.

"Come on over," Kyrie called softly, "you're quite safe."

She smiled and motioned for the two to join them.

"Bit hot for a cloak and a bonnet, isn't it?" Kaito quipped, his golden eyes gleaming in the moon- and firelight.

Shiro's eyes were also gleaming, but red. He remained quiet, but smiled at the two women who were brave enough to come see them - especially so late at night.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum