Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:09 pm

Kyrie exhaled softly. "The only downside to leaving with just one person is that there is a very real possibility that the others may retaliate against the Water Elves again."

"Not for at least a day," Khetal murmured with a faint smile.

"Though if they're like most mercenaries, they'll probably assume that if it's just one person, they probably got themselves killed in the jungle," Jassin added. "We could even spread some blood from an animal, if it would help."

"We could always reactivate the runes once we've got someone," Earendil suggested.

Kyrie nodded. "But that would only protect us, not the Water Elves," she pointed out. She ran her fingers through her hair. "If only I could remember ... how far we are from their settlement. If we're far enough from it, that they're safe, then it will be all right."

"I would imagine they would have left their settlement by now," Daenis murmured sadly, "if they know anything about the fate of those you found yesterday." She rubbed her arms gently. "If there are any of them left."
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:20 pm

"Miyuki," Holly murmured tentatively, "How many binding ribbons do you have from your personal project?"

Holly only knew about it because Miyuki was working on incorporating them in her hair, so there would be no way she would be without a way to subdue someone if she had to.

"Only 20," Miyuki admitted, "But I think a larger array that can bind several people at once would be better, because you could just set them off, and they will last for a good few hours. Enough time to get actual physical bindings on a person. I do actually have some full out scrolls."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:31 pm

"How strong are they?" Earendil asked his daughter seriously. "How long will they last?"

"We can help create more of them," Lancaeriel offered.

"Maybe this is a silly question," Kaito spoke up, looking around at everyone, "but why not just surround the place and shoot down all of the guards-slash-watchmen at once? There's a bit part of the problem out of the way, and no fear of them coming 'round and taking action again."

"Because that still leaves about three dozen men inside the camp to be taken care of, and we're less than a dozen who can adequately fight," Kyrie replied flatly. She folded her hands and leaned forward. "Look, we can keep discussing until the end of time, but we have to come to an agreement. Here's my suggestion. Mercenaries work for money, not for ideology. They're not loyal to anyone - each other, their employers, anyone. If we can get someone on their own, we take him and interrogate him. If we can't, we use Khetal's idea of knocking out the entire encampment. If we do that, though, we have to be prepared to take control of everyone there in case the Water Elves are still around. Either way-"

"I can check," Uruloki spoke up suddenly, appearing in Kyrie's lap.

She blinked at him. "What?"

"I can check," he repeated patiently. "I can find their settlement and see if there are any left. Then at least you know for sure."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:52 pm

"That's a good idea," Lin admitted, "That way we know if we need to worry about any by standers."

At this moment they have gone around, and around, and just when they thought they had a plan, then Kyrie mentions there might still be Water Elves that might get the brunt of whatever they did. It made the whole plan to just take one person completely moot to the point they might as well just storm the fortress and take the whole thing by force.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:08 pm

Kyrie nodded at Uruloki. "Thank you."

He saluted her with one wing and glided from her lap down to the tent flap, and a moment later he was gone.

There was a moment of silence after he left, and Daeron was the one to break it.

"You know," he murmured, "after all of this ... even once we know what's going on, we're going to have to somehow put a stop to it. And even if we take out one or even two of them, that still leaves us outnumbered two to one, head for head, but four to one if we count only people who can help fight."

"Then we may need to simply grab one to start with, and use Khetal's powder later on," Kyrie sighed. She leaned back in her chair and rubbed her temples in slow circles. "I never thought I would ever see anything like this here of all places."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:48 pm

"You have seen something like this before?" Lin asked quietly.

It was just a question, for Lin figured after all of Kyrie's years of saving people (and herself) that she would have seen the best and worse in her lifetime.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Kyrie looked at Lin, and there was a haunted look in her eyes. "Jielam. Sier Belen. Poleria. Sieland. Too many places."

"You've never told me-" Khetal broke off, looking at his sister in surprise. "You never said anything ..."

Kyrie just shrugged. "You worried enough about me. I didn't see a reason to make you worry more."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Lin frowned, "Is this from one source?"

It was hard to imagine that so many places had been affected and they were all by different people. While there were times when they first started their journey Lin couldn't help but think how lucky they were back in the Four Lands, surely this must not be a normal event.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:54 pm

"No," Kyrie replied immediately, shaking her head. "It's just what ... certain groups of people do when they meet those who are not like themselves."

"Three of those four countries that Kyrie listed are White Elven countries," Daenis informed Lin in a tired but matter-of-fact tone. "Poleria is the only one that is not."

"And Poleria is where we lost our parents," Khetal added.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:42 pm

"I see...." Lin murmured thoughtfully.

She didn't know if that made it better or not, after all it was just so senseless. Then again, with most Water Elves living underwater, there probably wasn't as much of a threat of an all out war happening.

"It makes a person not take for granted at being simply ignored," Miyuki commented dryly.

Having been on the receiving end of a few cold looks for being not elven, Miyuki had to admit she would probably enter anywhere in the Four Lands with pride and happiness. It's rare anyone would try to attack her, they would be jerks, but less likely attack her for not liking her.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 pm

"We are rather fortunate that way in the Four Lands," Earendil agreed quietly. "In a way, it makes our peoples' quiet disapproval of Ninako much more tolerable."

Still not right, but at least not as bad as it had used to seem.

"A bit of snobbery is a welcome relief to this, that's for certain," Daeron agreed.

"How long will Uruloki be, do you think?" Kaito asked, fidgeting in his seat.

Shiro rolled his eyes. "He's only just left," he pointed out. "If you're that anxious, why don't you go with him?"

Kaito flexed his wings slightly, thinking about the suggestion. "He's probably too far by now for me to catch up," he shrugged after a moment.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:28 pm

Holly eyed Kaito because it sounded like he seriously thought about it for a minute and she didn't like that. He was already quite reckless as it was at times.

"I guess all we can do is wait now," Lin murmured, "We can't prepare until we know what we're doing..."

Otherwise they would be just aimless.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:36 pm

"Well, since we're waiting on Uruloki anyways, we should just decide what we're going to do when he returns," Kyrie said firmly. "Here is my proposal, and just agree or disagree with me afterwards. If there are still Water Elves in the settlement, we take one of the Light Elves, make it look as if something happened to him in the forest, see what's going on, and go from there. If, on the other hand, there aren't any more Water Elves, then I propose we just grab one or two of them without worrying too much about covering our tracks. If there aren't any Water Elves to protect anymore, then we can simply activate the security runes again and not worry about being found before we're ready to deal with the rest."

There was a moment of silence as her ideas were digested.

"Sounds reasonable to me," Jassin agreed with a glance at his wife.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Lin nodded, "That makes things much simpler."

Which was good because otherwise they would be debating forever.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:24 pm

"Then it only remains to wait for Uruloki to bring word," Kyrie nodded. "I'm going to join Mailon outside. Two sets of eyes are better than one."

"You already watched," Khetal pointed out. "You should rest, too. Everyone else has had the opportunity."

"I'll go out," Jassin said, rising from his seat and ending the debate. "Khetal's right. Of all of us, Kyrie, you need to be the most rested."

"Any ideas how long Uruloki might be?" asked Iorlas quietly.

Kyrie shrugged. "If we're where I think we are, and the Water Elves are where they used to be, he could be an hour or so. If he has to look, longer."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:40 pm

"That should give you some time to rest then," Lin murmured.

She knew (like the others) how Kryie had a tendency of overworking herself.

"Go on, then he'll be back before you know it."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Kyrie nodded. "Please wake me as soon as he's back," she requested. She headed off towards her bedroom. The others dispersed themselves as well, and the tent became very quiet for the next two hours.

Suddenly there was a loud commotion at the tent door. Rose was sitting in the foyer and studying from a book, sipping at a hot cocoa, when the flap opened and a Light Elven man stumbled in, his two arms held tightly by Mailon and Jassin, one on each side. Uruloki came in behind them, flicking his tail at the Light Elf.

The man was young-looking, ruggedly dressed, with light leather armour, though he had been stripped of any weapons he might have had. A long scar crossed one cheek and a cross-shaped scar was just above one eye. He seemed only about half-conscious, though he was muttering curses at the men non-stop in his own language.

Without a word, Uruloki ran off to find his mistress. Rose rose from her seat and held her hot cocoa close. "I'll fetch the others," she said: and she headed off to do just that, knocking on all the bedroom doors as she passed them.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:54 pm

Miyuki got there before Lin, and helped put binding runes to keep the man from causing trouble or going anywhere. For good measure, she sort of 'stuck' him to the chair, using a rune array she had been making to keep her binding ribbons in her hair and he wouldn't be moving unless she undid it. Though she admitted to the Jassin and Mailon that there was nothing to prevent the man from walking with the chair like a demented turtle. So they should still keep a close eye on him.

When Lin got there, she stared at the man and then at Mailon and Jassin, "What happened?"

Meanwhile Miyuki was wondering if she should gag the man as well. She was sure she could stick paper over his mouth using the same rune array.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:05 am

"Uruloki came back with him," Jassin said simply as he and Mailon watched over the man, despite the binding runes.

"Miyuki," Mailon spoke up in his quiet voice, "if you would be so good as to reactivate the security runes, I think it may be a wise idea. This man did not make much noise but it would be best to take precautions, just in case."

The others were still arriving in the foyer. When Kyrie arrived, Uruloki was on her shoulder, not bonded to her.

"I thought I would save you all some time," the dragon was explaining when they came into the room, "so I grabbed this guy on my way back. The Water Elves are gone, by the way. I found another two sites like the last one we found. Just piles of smouldering bodies. Made sure one of his friends saw me, too - at full size. Hopefully they don't think it's worth losing more people to track me down."

"I can't remember the last time I saw you at full size," Kyrie mused absently as she pulled a chair out to sit in front of their prisoner. "Can't imagine how big you must be now."

"Big." The dragon sounded pleased.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Miyuki nodded and exited the tent to active the runes once more. As she did so, Lin was paying attention to what Uruloki was saying.

"Impressive and quick thinking," Lin complimented the dragon.

It would save them a lot of trouble at the very least.

A few minutes later, Miyuki came back in.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:41 pm

"I've picked up some things from Kyrie over the years," Uruloki said smugly. "Besides, when he's walking away from a pile of freshly slaughtered bodies and whistling a merry tune ... well, it was just too tempting."

Kyrie reached out and poked the man's shoulder to see how awake he was. His head lolled back and he snorted.

"I ... ah ... might have hit him a little too hard," Uruloki said a bit sheepishly. "He wouldn't stop yelling, so ..."

"Allow me," Cael murmured. He stood next to the man and put a hand on his forehead.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:45 pm

"Well.. that initial description was kind of creepy," Lin admitted.

Back in Gaia it might have been described to be a bit psychopathic to be walking away from a pile of bodies whistling. She really couldn't feel sorry for the guy then.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:04 pm

"Also tempting just to eat him on the way back," Uruloki grumbled, glaring at the man.

Within a moment of Cael putting his hand on the man's forehead, the man was fully conscious. He looked around at everyone around him and blinked slowly.

"Huh ..." He blinked again. "Where'd you all - you all come from?" His words were slurred, almost as if he were drunk. Cael stepped back to let Kyrie take over.

"Probably best you don't worry too much about us," she told the man flatly, "because we brought you here to ask you about you."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:06 pm

"He must have gotten hit on the head quite hard," Miyuki murmured quietly.

If he was slurring his words like that, she wondered if Cael had to heal him a bit to get him to wake up. Then again if he was half conscious, there was a good chance that Uruloki accidentally gave the man a concussion.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Uruloki shrunk to his smallest size, and with a quiet "Sorry" he slid into his place on Kyrie's abdomen.

The man looked as if he were trying to puzzle through what Kyrie had said, as simple as it had been, and Kyrie glanced at Miyuki, then at Cael. "If you wouldn't mind," she murmured. "We do need him coherent."

Cael shrugged and stepped forward again. "Bit odd, if you ask me, healing him up just to have to possibly torture him."

"Well, maybe we won't have to go that far," Kyrie murmured as Cael began to heal the man.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top