The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Investigating Eausin - 119 4A - Page 6 Empty Re: Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:21 pm

"And it can't be helped," Lin admitted, "If he's bruised his brain, he won't be much of helped until it's healed."

Which was what a concussion was really.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:41 pm

"Even if he does deserve it," Kyrie muttered darkly.

They waited a little over a minute for Cael to finish with the man, and this time when Cael stepped back, the man's eyes were clear and his scars had vanished.

"Now, let's try this again," Kyrie said, leaning in close to the man so that he was forced to look at her. "First of all, who are you?"

"What do you want with me?" the man demanded instead. "Why am I stuck to this chair? I haven't done anything to any of you."

"No name," Kyrie nodded. "All right. Well, this next question I'm afraid I do need an answer to, and let me warn you that it would be in your best interest to answer quickly and honestly. You see, we are a group of people who care about the welfare of our friends. Now you might wonder - who are our friends, and why does it concern you? Well." She smiled at him. "The Water Elves are our friends."

The man blinked at her, and his face turned ever so slightly pale.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Lin wasn't an interrogator by any stretch of the imagination, but even she found his sudden reaction interesting. Granted there was only one of him and there were at least six (or more) people in the room. She wondered if he thought the Water Elves as easy targets.

Still she kept quiet and let Kyrie to continue doing the talking.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:52 pm

Kyrie smiled slightly and leaned back in her chair. "So. Not a fool after all."

The man just stared at her silently.

"Then perhaps you'll answer the question without upsetting us more than we already are," she went on quietly. She folded her hands in her lap and looked at him seriously. "We know what you and your companions have been doing. What we want to know is why." She paused, then asked quietly, "You going to tell us?"

The man swallowed hard and looked around at everyone. "You won't ... kill me if I tell you?" he asked, a note of desperation in his tone.

Kyrie looked for a moment like she wanted to make no such promise, but she masked her emotions and shook her head. "You have my word."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Lin did her best not to frown because that was quick. There was no false bravo (or maybe that was to be expected). Then again he was in a helpless position at the moment, so that could be it.

Miyuki stayed out of the way, but couldn't help but glance between the man and Kyrie.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:17 pm

"Definitely not a soldier," Jassin muttered in disapproval. He folded his arms across his chest and glared at the man.

The prisoner swallowed hard again. "We were hired to - to clear the land," he stuttered, speaking quickly. "I- I don't know why, but he wanted everyone gone, from the border to the bay. If we could scare them off, fine - but if they wouldn't go, we had to kill them. Whatever had to do."

For having spoken for so few seconds, there were a number of people in the group of travelers who looked like they would be quite happy to kill the man were it not for Kyrie's promise that he would not be killed.

"So you're mercenaries," Kyrie said smoothly, keeping her emotions in check.

The man nodded rapidly. "This job offered more than I've seen in decades," he squeaked out, sounding both terrified and ashamed.

Kyrie snorted in disgust and stood, turning her back to the man so that she wouldn't have to look at him. Fury smouldered in her eyes, and her muscles were taut as if she were fighting to keep herself under control.

"Some mercenary," Kaito muttered darkly, just loud enough for the man to hear him. "Didn't even try to hold out."

"Are you kidding?" The man sounded utterly terrified now. He turned his head so that he could look at Kaito but nodded at Kyrie. "She's infamous - when my dad was a kid it was the threat of Melkor coming for you that made kids behave - now it's stories about her!"

Daeron started coughing to cover up a snicker.

The man shuddered. "No amount of money is worth that!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:48 pm

"Wow.... and I thought the stories about Haven were bad..." Lin muttered in English.

At least no one said people from the Ranch was going to get them if they didn't behave. At least, not to her knowledge, she hoped... Though she was disappointed that this man had done it all for money. And this was all done for a land grab.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:54 pm

Kyrie turned back to the man and sat down once more in front of him. "Do you know who it was who hired you?" she asked him quietly.

He nodded vigorously. "Yes! And I know where he is!" he added quickly, obviously hoping to gain a few points of favour with his cooperation.

"Good." Kyrie looked around at the others. "Then we can get rid of the rest of them." Looking back at the man, she stared at him and in an icy tone added, "And you are going to help us."

The man's eyes grew wide and beads of sweat appeared on his forehead. "What? Me? No, no that's something I can't-"

He let out a squeal of terror as a knife suddenly appeared in Kyrie's hand, pressed up against his throat. "I'll do it!" he cried, holding his head as far back as he could in an attempt to distance his throat from the blade. "I'll do it!"

"If it weren't such a grave situation," Jassin muttered, in English, as Lin had spoken, "I would say this was pitifully easy."

"Let's just hope he doesn't try anything," Lashrael added suspiciously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:57 pm

"It's possible he really is just in it for the money," Lin told Lashrael softly, "I had heard in my childhood of mere farmers being hired to do some pretty despicable work. As long as they're desperate enough and are in a large enough group where they think they're untouchable, some people could stoop to some really low stuff."

Of course, she had been referring to slavery. While she had only been on one hunt in her lifetime, she had heard things growing up. Like how her father let one man go to his family but only on the promise he told everyone exactly what would happen to them if they took up slavery. She wondered if any of those outrageous stories were the result of that man.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:02 pm

"The thing about mercenaries is," Kyrie said distastefully, returning her knife to its sheath, "that they have no sense of honour and care only about saving their own skins. He wouldn't dare try anything on us."

She turned back to their prisoner and switched languages again so that he would understand her. "He wouldn't dare try anything on us," she repeated, her eyes cold. "He knows what would happen to him if he did."

Khetal had remained silent so far, but now he was staring at his sister in mixed awe and disgust. "Shades, Kyrie, what did you do here that these people are so afraid of you?" he asked her, frowning.

She looked at him. "I stopped another group of mercenaries," she told him simply. "About five hundred years ago. That's all you need to know. And I will gladly do it again if it means that another five hundred years pass before they become bold enough to torture and murder innocent people again."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:48 pm

Lin couldn't really argue with that, it was similar to how Haven purposely made other slavers fear them as well. It worked, somewhat, but there were always stupid people and with enough time people would forget.

"So now what?" Lin asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:56 pm

"Now we get rid of them," Kyrie said simply. "I've promised this one he won't die, but I can think of no reason to let any of the others live. They knew what they were doing, and they did it for their own personal gain - no other reason than that. They don't deserve to live."

She looked back at their prisoner. "Besides," she added with a nod, "this one needs to show us where his employer is. We won't be finished until we take care of the person who hired them all."

Turning back to her brother, who still looked disgusted, she asked him, "Where is that powder you were telling us about?"

"Not until you've all rested," Khetal replied, shaking his head firmly. "The runes are activated again and anyone able to fight has been working for two days straight, nearly. Get your strength back first."

Kyrie looked as though she were about to argue, but then she stopped herself and looked thoughtful.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 pm

"You're going to need everyone on deck for this," Miyuki pointed out, "And while some of us have a few trick up our sleeves you'll need actual fighters."

Which was nearly everyone who went out when they started to move.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:02 pm

"Yes, I'm aware," Kyrie murmured softly. She was silent a moment longer, and then her eyes flickered briefly to their prisoner and then to Miyuki. "You're sure those binding runes will last?" she asked cautiously. "Indefinitely, I mean?"

The binding runes were, as far as she knew, untested, and she didn't want to risk the prisoner escaping while they all rested
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Miyuki chuckled, "They'll last for eight hours, really the runes were designed to tie people up and let gravity do the rest. Besides, because I didn't bind his legs to the chair, we're better off trussing him up in a cocoon of rope and dumping him into a room and then locking it. I mean.. .there's nothing to stop him from leaning forward and walking around like a turtle with a shell on it's butt with that chair."

One could almost see Miyuki's kitsune side gleaming through as she made this suggestion.

"If you tie him up cocoon style, and then lay him flat, he's too tall to get up on his own and hop around. Which is in part why I make runes like these."

"And nothing to do with the fact it would freak most people out?" Lin asked a bit amused.

"Well.... just a bit," Miyuki admitted, "By the way, when I say lock. What I really mean is... put him into a room and let me remove the door temporary. It's just a bubble in a plane of space, he won't go anywhere."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:20 pm

"Or we could just hog tie him," Kyrie shrugged, though her smile showed that she was clearly amused by the thought.

"At least in a room with no door we wouldn't have to worry about him," Wren admitted.

"Would it take long to prepare something like that?" Earendil asked Miyuki seriously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:24 pm

Miyuki thought about it seriously and then eyed their captive, "Give me half an hour. You don't need a big space, it doesn't have to be fancy. It'll be as basic as those old tents I first made."

At this point making a 'space' had become her specialty without it meaning to, simply because it always seemed like they needed more space.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Kyrie nodded. "Good. No light. No furniture. We don't need to open it tomorrow morning and get a chair to the head."

She eyed the prisoner again. "I'll watch him until it's ready. And we're going to need some food, too."

"I'll take care of that," Daenis murmured. She pushed herself to her feet and headed towards the kitchen. Lancaeriel and Mirania followed after her to help her out.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:47 pm

"I'll go make the room then," Miyuki replied, "Just let me get a few things from my workshop."

that was the nice thing about her having her own workshop, it meant that most of her supplies could be kept there instead of her room. Even though she did still work out of her room a lot.

And as Miyuki had said, it only took her half an hour to set up.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:01 am

While Kyrie and Miyuki secured the prisoner in the newly created room, the others went for dinner. Cael and Mailon went together for one last check to make sure that the tent was safe before joining the rest. Then it was time for everyone to have a decent night's sleep - if their minds would let them.

Kyrie was the first one up in the morning, and by the time the next person was awake, she had already collected the necessary supplies and set them out in the foyer. There were several small packages of white powder from Khetal, as well as an array of weapons - some from the dojo, and some that Andarien had made with his littinum supplies - for anyone who needed or wanted more than they already had.

She also had her own weapons out - more than she usually had on hand. Already she wore her quiver and had her bow in hand, though she was sitting on the edge of a chair and staring silently at what she had laid out.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Miyuki entered the foyer, while being followed by three of her Pokemon, Ai, Yasu and Suki. Ryo was stuck in her room under the guard of Senka because Miyuki figured the little eevee would try to sneak out. A portion of her hair was done up in a bun to keep rest of it out of her face. She also had hanging braids that led to the bun and some more that made a crown around her head. It made her look far more tidy than she usually did after years of having her long, long hair undone.

Wrapped around the braids were purple ribbons normally wouldn't stay put in her hair because it was soft and silky, but the sticking runes kept them in until she needed them. They were basic binding ribbons, made stronger by the runes and used to trip people up or bind their wrists together. The heavy duty binding runes, created after a run in with a nasty dragon could be seen peeking out from under her sleeves. Written in wrist wraps, these ones were pure rune magic and the runes themselves would leap off the wrappings and put a person in a full body bind.

She carried her staff with her, but not her battle fans as she found managed to gain a taste for them without a proper teacher. She did continue with the moves though with normal fans, as she intended to weave the katas with illusions, but that was a project for another time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:20 pm

When Miyuki entered the room, Kyrie gave her little more than a glance.

"Morning," she murmured softly. "Make sure you eat well ... you'll need energy, and I don't know when we'll be able to eat again."

She fell silent for a moment before sighing. "Best wake everyone," she said, more to herself than to Miyuki, pushing herself up off her chair. She glanced at Miyuki. "Think you're ready for this?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:24 pm

Miyuki thought about it seriously. She knew exactly what she was and wasn't capable of, which wasn't much. Tapping the scroll hanging off her hip, Miyuki considered the only thing she was capable of doing. Her plant magic still wasn't up to par to be used in a battle situation, but these runes were years of planning in the making.

Still... being put into a battle situation...

"Ready as I'll ever be, really it's hard to ever be ready for something like this," she admitted with a shrug.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:27 pm

"And it's not like anything you've faced before, to my knowledge," Kyrie murmured sadly. "Until now, I believe your fights have all been in self-defense ... but what we're planning is an execution, borderline flat-out murder. A massacre of our own."

She looked at Miyuki seriously. "If you don't think you can handle that, it's safer for all of us if you remain with the tent."

Then, leaving Miyuki to think on that, she excused herself and went to wake the others.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:04 pm

By the time Lin and the others arrived in the foyer, Miyuki was somehow balanced, cross legged on a seat meditating. Something she seemed to fall back on whenever she needed peace, needed to think or just needed time to herself. It was kind of weird seeing as Miyuki also had her own moments where she had to be physically active.

Miyuki didn't bother to open her eyes, she knew exactly who had walked in and when. She was thinking, because Kyrie, despite the fact calling it murder presented more of a moral dilemma than anything else. It was true, in all the times Miyuki had to fight it was in self defense, never on the attack. Yet, she wondered, she had a long life ahead of her, she never wished to not travel (as far as she knew), what if she came upon such a situation herself? What would she do?

She understood, morally that killing should not be the answer, but... and her heart felt sad knowing this, no one was going to do anything about it and these people would get away with it. Who was going to punish them? The Water Elves couldn't and the difference in races might mean no one in their country would punish them for it. It wasn't like mercenary work was illegal, mercenaries that really did live and die by their blade were much different than some person who took the job because it was... more money than they were ever see. And that was the other thing wasn't it? This whole thing had been about greed.

Yet, for someone who was so use to different people, she couldn't understand how greed could make a person not see the people they were killing and cruelly at that. Finally she opened her eyes, and sighed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next