The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Investigating Eausin - 119 4A - Page 9 Empty Re: Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:56 pm

Khetal chuckled softly. "Well, I suppose I had been warned about your curiosity," he admitted. He motioned towards his chair. "Take a seat," he invited Lin.

Once she was sitting, he examined her injury. "The thing about climates like this - hot and wet - is that all of the best plants and herbs grow here, both medicinal and otherwise. When I lived in Dolerum, I had to spend all kinds of money trying to get hold of even the smallest samples of these plants. I can't begin to tell you how incredible it was when we were in Eaulir, being able to get all the samples I could want. Of course, the hectic travel of the past few days has changed things a bit, but I am hoping that once this is all dealt with, we can finish out the Winter here in peace."

He picked up a pair of tweezers and gently plucked something almost microscopic out of Lin's wound. Holding it up to the light, he squinted at it for only a moment before setting it on his desk. "Nothing important."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:05 pm

Lin smiled, she was glad whatever he pulled from her wasn't important, but it was good it was removed. It could have gotten infected if not removed properly.

"There is something about hot and wet climates that produce the most interesting plants," Lin agreed.

She had heard there were places in Gaia... rainforests, that had the most medical plants. Though it made her wonder, did this world have any rainforests?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:19 pm

"Heat is energy, which is food for the plants, and humidity means higher air pressure, which concentrates the energy around the plants," Khetal explained. "It makes it possible for plants to grow here that could never grow anywhere else."

"And considering the gardens that we now have to work with," Wren added with a grin, "we can grow pretty much anything we want, if we can get a viable sample or seeds from wherever we travel."

"Still, it's nice to work in the cooler gardens sometimes, even if they don't produce a tenth of the plants that the hotter ones do," Khetal murmured. He picked up a fresh cloth and partially dipped it into a basin of water. After wringing it out, he began to dab at Lin's wound. "Sorry if this stings," he said apologetically.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:06 am

"That's fine," Lin assured him as she winced a bit, "That is to be expected."

Unless she had a much higher pain tolerance, which she didn't. Her pain tolerance wasn't bad, it just wasn't unusually high. Besides, she had worse.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:20 am

It took Khetal only a moment to finish cleaning Lin's wound, and he bound it neatly with white bandages.

"If it bleeds through let me check it out again," he instructed her. "It shouldn't, but just in case. Either way, let me look at it in the morning again. I want to make sure that I didn't miss anything."

Looking from Lin to Earendil and back, he asked, "Everyone else is fine? No other injuries? Everyone all right who's not used to fighting?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:44 am

"Everyone else is fine," Lin assured him, "We were quite lucky considering it all."

Even a well planned ambushed rarely ever went that well, but no one else had gotten hurt and really she and Wren weren't even badly hurt.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:58 am

"Good." Khetal let out a sigh of relief. "Though I don't mind saying, I'll feel a lot better when the rest of them are back."

"I told you," Wren said patiently, "they just stayed back to finish things up. They're all fine."

Khetal smiled and shook his head. "I'm sorry, Wren, but you are speaking to a professional worrier. As much as many people have tried to change me, I think it's something you're going to have to get used to. Now sit still so I can finish patching up your cheek."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:23 pm

Lin nodded in agreement to Wren's reply to Khetal, but she also understood where he was coming from. She did hope they wouldn't take too long though.

"Shall we go back to the main room and wait for the others?" Lin inquired, "It's that or just sleep, because after something like that..."

The rush was draining once it was over.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:26 pm

"Whichever you prefer," Khetal replied, his attention now focused on Wren's wound.

"It's probably a good idea to wash up before we rest," Earendil suggested to Lin, turning towards the door and holding it open for her. "But I agree with you, it would be nice to get some sleep now that it's over."

At least, over for now. Just because they'd dealt with the hired help didn't mean that they were done with everything. They still had to track down and stop the person (or people) who had hired them in the first place.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:48 pm

Lin nodded, "At least for now."

Echoing Earendil's thoughts, she wasn't sure what it would mean though to track whoever hired the mercenaries down. They headed back to their room to grab a change of clothes before going to get clean.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:01 am

By the time they were washed and out of the bathrooms, Kyrie and the others were just returning. Kyrie had the mercenary by the back of his shirt, and rather than trying to restrain him, it seemed she was just keeping him on his feet. The man's face was so pale he looked as white as Mailon and Daenis, and there was a stagger to his steps that seemed as though he were drunk - though there was no alcohol to be smelled on him.

"Everyone made it back all right?" Kyrie asked as she let the mercenary fall to the floor.

"Safe and sound," replied Rose, who had taken up vigil in the foyer until the others' return.

Daeron headed straight to his bedroom in search of his wife and son to let them know that he was all right, but Kyrie turned to Rose. "Where is Miyuki?" she asked. "I think it's best if we put this one back in his ... room ... so that we can rest in peace for the remainder of the day, and set out fresh tomorrow. According to him, it's going to be quite a trek to find the man responsible for all of this."

"I'm not sure," Rose admitted. "I can check her room if you want."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:18 am

Holly, who stayed with Rose during her vigil set her stitching aside that she had been working on.

"How about you check Miyuki's room and I check her workroom in case she's there?" Holly offered.

She wasn't sure where the kitsune was neither.

However, Miyuki was in her room, but neither girl knew that.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:56 pm

Rose agreed and headed off to Miyuki's bedroom in search of the kitsune.

"Ah, here you are," she smiled when she saw her in her bedroom. "Kyrie's back. She'd like to put the mercenary back into that room you made for him last night so that we can rest without worrying about him. Are you free to remake it?"

She didn't know how long it would take or what Miyuki was up to at the moment, but it was always worth asking - and it was the reason she had come in search of Miyuki in the first place.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:46 am

Miyuki looked up from her work, she had forgotten about the duplicating quivers that she had first dreamed up a long time ago and had gone back to it. Only because she could make binding runes and make rooms in her sleep. There were sticking runes but she wasn't sure what other use she could get out of that at the moment, except to make a magical version of sticky notes which had has plastered all over one wall as an experiment.

"It's a good thing I didn't take the room down then, I just covered it with a wall... just in case," Miyuki replied getting up from her desk and stretching.

She had done that because she wasn't sure if they were going after the person who had hired the mercenaries or not. From the sounds of it, they were. She should get that rune set finished then and apply it to everyone's quivers when she (and they) had the chance.

"Let's go then," she motioned for Rose to follow her, "Did everyone come back okay?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:51 am

"I saw a few scratches as people came in, but otherwise they seem unharmed," Rose assured Miyuki with a smile. "Overall, I think it was rather a successful venture. I don't know any other details than that."

She went with Miyuki back to the foyer, where Kyrie was still waiting with the mercenary. The others had all gone off to wash up and/or rest.

Kyrie smiled with relief when she saw Miyuki. "Wonderful. Do you think you could recreate that room so we can rest without worrying about this one for a while?"

The mercenary was sitting on a chair, his head in his hands. He was still very pale, but Kyrie didn't seem to want to take any chances with him anyways: his wrists were bound.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:04 am

Miyuki studied the mercenary for a second, he seemed quite ill, but considering a small party just wiped out his small army of mercenary fellows, it wasn't a surprise to her.

"Actually, I left the room alone and just sealed it up in case we needed it again," Miyuki explained going over to the door, "Give me a few minutes to put back the door."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:08 am

"Thanks." Kyrie was relieved.

While Miyuki was working on that, Kyrie stood next to the mercenary. In an almost conversational tone, she asked him, "So tomorrow you're going to start leading us to your employer, yes?"

The man turned even paler, if it were possible, and he nodded without speaking.

Rose looked at Kyrie questioningly, and the woman just smiled grimly. "He was given a demonstration of what will happen to him if he doesn't help us out."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:29 pm

Miyuki blinked at Kyrie once before going to put back the door. She figured Kyrie was referring to the massacre that happened earlier today. While she understood it was necessarily, it wasn't something the kitsune wanted to think about for long periods of time.

As she worked to put the door back, Miyuki added.

"Oh Kyrie, while you guys were out I was reminded of an old rune array that Lancerial helped create, it's supposed to be able to duplicate arrows so a quiver wouldn't get empty. Sorry, I know it could have useful earlier but that rune array fell off my to-do list a long while ago."

Miyuki had brought her bag with her and was pulling out the items she needed to put the door back. Actually, now that she thought about it, making a rune array to seal a door shut would be easier than removing the door. The room was only a bubble after all, breaking through a wall wasn't going to lead you to the main room, and sealing rune arrays were common. That was something she could easily look up herself.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Kyrie was both surprised and pleased by the idea. "That would have made it a bit less to worry about," she murmured as Miyuki worked. "We came very close to running out ... some of us did. Thankfully, it went well, and we did manage to get back at least most of our arrows afterwards."

"Sounds like it was a close call," Rose commented with some concern.

"Two injuries, both slight," Kyrie reassured her. "That's it. So far, success. But that was the easy part ..." She sighed. "Going after the man who hired them all, that's going to be more difficult. He'll be in his own territory, he's hired bodyguards who will be watching for attacks ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:08 pm

Miyuki nodded at this, "If you're not too much in a hurry, with Lancerial and Cael's help, we could have the quivers runed before going again."

At least then they wouldn't have to worry about it for next time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:12 pm

"I'd almost rather we set off first thing tomorrow," Kyrie said thoughtfully, "but if they were to stay in the tent and work on it while we travel it would work. I don't know exactly how far it is we have to travel this time, but it will be at least a few days."

Now that the danger wasn't as immediate, she was willing to walk to their destination rather than fly. She wasn't sure their prisoner would be able to direct them from the air, either, and she honestly had no idea where they would have to go, other than west into Keliac.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:24 pm

Putting the finishing touches onto the 'door', Miyuki added, "If you don't need everyone who can fight out traveling, or rather... you don't need everyone with their archery equipment. We can stagger the quivers. After all, at most, if Lanceriael and Cael help, we can only do three at a time anyways."

Adding her magic to the door to activate it, she pulled what was once a wall open. That was the other reason why she liked these walls (besides the fact they reminded her of Gaia). It was very easy to add openings.

"There we go," Miyuki announced, "Good thing the room is still technically here."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:29 pm

Without mercy, Kyrie grabbed the mercenary back the back of his shirt, hauled him to his feet, and shoved him into the opening. He stumbled and fell to the floor inside, letting out a small cry as he did so.

"That's true," she murmured to Miyuki as though she hadn't just roughhandled the man who was now pushing himself into a sitting position. "And Mailon has projectile magic."

She cut herself off abruptly and stood to one side so that Miyuki could close and seal the room again. After a beat, she added, "And of course Andarien and Shoneah have proven themselves to be rather proficient with those pistols of theirs."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Despite the fact this man had done a lot of bad things, Miyuki kind of felt sorry for him. Which reminded her, they were going to have to feed him eventually, since it probably had been a while since his last meal. Though, she also understood why Kyrie was acting this way.

She just wasn't that comfortable with it, and the kitsune quickly began to seal up the door once more. All while trying to think of other things.

"I wonder if the same could be done with bullets while it's in... the... whatever that area bullets are kept in, inside a pistol, but I don't know much about how it works, or if duplicating it might affect the chemical nature of the bullet," Miyuki commented.

It would save on reloading, and Miyuki knew that much, but she also knew a bullet what a tad more complicated than arrow, and she didn't want to screw something like that up.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:58 pm

"You could always talk to Shoneah about it, see what she thinks," Kyrie suggested. "I would imagine that she would know quite a bit about such things. Maybe be open to experiments. Maybe it's something Shiro would be willing to help out with. I know he doesn't like the idea of using magic, but with his knowledge of chemicals, he may be useful."

She didn't know much about the pistols herself, and if not for the noise she might consider learning more about them and perhaps asking for one for herself. She preferred stealth, though, which would render the weapon useless for her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next