The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Investigating Eausin - 119 4A - Page 4 Empty Re: Investigating Eausin - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:48 pm

"Okay," Lin agreed, "Shall we head to our room to rest for a bit then?"

Lin had been traveling for a long time, having only rested for a small bit when the tent was put up the first time before going again. She could use the rest at least.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:02 am

Earendil was all for that idea. He hadn't slept well the night before either, with Lin gone, so he was more than ready for a rest.

Most of the others in the tent were also resting, so it was a very quiet three and a half hours before Shoneah was back. She and Andarien entered the tent together, and as Andarien went off to fetch something for her, she sank into one of the chairs in the foyer and leaned back in it, letting out a gentle sigh. She was stiff and tired - it had been over a year since she had done anything like that. It had felt good to be doing it, but it also reminded her that she really did need to keep up with her own training.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:40 am

Miyuki was one of the few not resting, instead she was a busy bee, getting her mirror, asking Holly's for hers, combing the only book on runes she had and discussing with Lanceriael about a one way mirror.

In truth the kitsune didn't need much, it was actually an easier concept than using the mirror to talk with someone over long distances. There was an issue with the fact she didn't have mirrors of the same size, which would have made it easier, but this was a patch work solution.

So by the time Miyuki got herself back to the foyer (three and a half hours later), the foyer was no longer empty.

"Hey, you're back!" Miyuki greeted the two, "Is Kyrie still out there?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:43 am

Shoneah drew her feet up on the chair she was sitting on and looked at Miyuki tiredly.

"She's keeping watch until someone else goes out to relieve her," she told her softly. "Andarien's just gone to get some paper for me. I'm going to sketch out the camp. It's not very complicated, but it's easier when you can see what I'm talking about."

She looked around a bit. "It's quieter than I've heard it in here in a long time," she couldn't help but comment. "Where is everyone?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:03 am

"Anyone who was traveling is sleeping," Miyuki explained, "And the rest of us are scrambling to prepare for the worse. I have a few ideas to fortify the foyer from mom and ada, but it'll be patchwork at best as I don't have all the physical tools I need to make it work exactly."

Still, it'll be good enough for what they need.

"Does Kyrie want someone to get her now? I can go find someone."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:09 am

"I think that was the idea," Shoneah nodded. "Then we can get a plan going right away. Maybe Daeron or Mailon? I'm sure Jassin would be happy to take over for Kyrie but ... I think it might be best if he stays in for now."

She didn't say why, only moved to remove her weapons and set them on the floor.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Miyuki looked thoughtful, trying to think who looked less tired when coming in (if she had seen them at all).

"I think... I'll go get Mailon," she finally replied, "I think he's with Daenis, I'll be right back."

And with a whirl of tails and skirt she was off to go get him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:28 pm

Like the others, Mailon had been resting, and Daenis was dozing with him; but he was quite happy to relieve Kyrie so that she could help with a plan. By the time they were back in the foyer, Andarien had returned as well and Shoneah was already busy sketching out a rough design of the camp she had scouted out. Mailon welcomed Shoneah back and then headed straight outside, and very quickly Kyrie was inside.

Andarien hadn't come back alone either: Xipil, Eon and Zeus had come out with him, and while the Pokemon were sitting quietly on the floor, Xipil had draped himself over Shoneah's shoulders.

Kyrie looked to Miyuki. "Do you know if any of the others are rested enough to come talk?" she asked her quietly. "It might actually be best if everyone were out here. Then everyone knows what's going on without having to repeat it a dozen times."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:57 pm

"If there's something everyone needs to hear, I'm sure it'll be okay to just grab everyone," Miyuki ventured.

No matter how tired a lot of people were, if it was serious enough they would go and listen and this situation was pretty serious.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Kyrie nodded. "Good. If you want to check the work rooms and gardens, I'll check the bedrooms. We'll get started as soon as everyone's here."

She hurried off towards the residential hallway. It took her nearly ten minutes to get everyone, but by ones and by twos, they came to the foyer. By the time they came, Shoneah had finished her sketch and was on her knees on the floor by the table in the middle of the room, waiting to explain it to the others.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Miyuki hurried to grab anyone she could, letting them know that Kyrie had information to pass to the group. Soon enough, Miyuki returned with a trail of people behind her, including Holly and Eron who had been working in their respective spaces.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:01 pm

Once everyone had arrived, Shoneah sat back to show off the sketch she had made.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"The walls are spiked posts," she explained. Her finger rested on a gap between where two walls overlapped. "This is the only entrance. Not wide, only about five feet or so, and there are two guards at the entrance at all times. There are also guards here, here, here, and here." She pointed at several 'x's she had drawn in the corners of the camp, in addition to the two at the entrance. "The ones inside are on little towers, so they've quite a view. And the trees," she added, gesturing towards the scribbles around the outside of the camp, "have all been cut away for about twenty feet or so outside the camp. They've really set themselves up well."

"So no hope of sneaking up on them," Kyrie frowned, "and if we grab anyone, it has to be further out in the jungle so that the guards don't see."

Shoneah nodded. "Now these," she went on, pointing at several squares on either side of the camp, "are their tents. Several men, probably five or so, to each tent; except this one here." She pointed to one in the middle, against the wall, with a large X on it. "This one I saw only one person going in and out, so I think it just might belong to whoever's in charge."

"And these?" Earendil reached forward and pointed to the four circles in the middle of the drawing.

"Fires," Shoneah said simply. Then she pointed at the last unexplained shape, a scribbled oval along the top wall. "And this is where they keep their supplies. Crates and sacks ... food, weapons ... everything."

There was a brief silence as people contemplated what was in front of them. Then Shiro reached forward and pointed to two little lines in the wall, kitty corner from the entrance. "And this?" he asked, looking at Shoneah.

Shoneah let out her breath slowly. "That," she murmured, "is a tiny, hidden entrance. Possibly an escape route for them. It doesn't seem to be covered on the inside of the camp, so ... we might be able to use it ... if only it weren't in the line of sight of two of their guards."

"Though if timed correctly ..." Kyrie's tone was suggestive and thoughtful.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:12 pm

Lin was more bothered by the fact they were so well fortified, what were these people expecting? Well, she supposed that they were expecting someone to get them back for what they had done, but...

"What are they waiting for?" Lin asked randomly, "I know this sounds random, but it's so well planned it's just... bizarre. It sounds like they expect to be attacked, but it makes no sense as to why you'd stay on this side of the border if that was the case."

Especially since there was an escape route.

"You don't think they're trying to bait anyone do you?" Eron asked in turned.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:23 pm

Kyrie was staring absently at the sketch. "It's tempting to find out," she murmured thoughtfully.

Khetal eyed his sister suspiciously. "What are you thinking?" he asked her.

Kyrie didn't answer, but her eyes were still moving over Shoneah's drawing.

"I know that look," Shoneah said quietly, looking at Kyrie. "She's planning on going in."

Immediately there was protest all around, and Kyrie held up her hands defensively. "I wasn't planning, I was just debating," she corrected Shoneah. "I just ... don't understand." She ran her fingers through her hair. "If only we were more ... but as it is, we need at least one person to watch the tent while we're here, and at least two to watch the entrance to the encampment ... to be on the safe side, we should also have someone watch their back exit ... but that's already more than half of those of us who can bear weapons ..."

"I may be pregnant, but I can still keep watch," Lashrael protested.

"And I can help out," Andarien added. "You know I can."

Kyrie had to admit that she had been impressed at how attentive he had been while they'd been waiting for Shoneah.

"Kaede," Amir spoke up, nudging his Pokemon forward.

"Right, and there are Pokemon, too," Andarien agreed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:32 pm

"Andarien and Amir are right," Miyuki murmured, "And since we all can understand the Pokemon, they can also provide information as well."

Which also meant they could be look outs as well.

"Though they could also just help us watch the tent, as the Pokemon, at least the ones Andarien and I raised were meant to help protect," the kitsune added, "That should free up more people. I also do have a rough idea on how to enforce the tent, it's not a perfect solution but it'll do in a pinch."

With help, they could get those additions up in a few hours.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:48 pm

"And we just need to get one of them, right?" Andarien asked. "Then we don't have to keep watching the camp as much?"

"Depends," Kyrie murmured, "but we'd still have to keep an eye in case those still there got suspicious."

Kaito, who had been rather quiet until now, spoke up. "Shoneah," he said slowly, "did you see what they have for a water supply?"

"Water?" Shoneah blinked. "Um ... no, I didn't see anything ... why?"

Kaito frowned thoughtfully. "I just wondered ... if maybe we slipped something into their drinking water, a sedative of some kind ..."

Cael and Lancaeriel exchanged a glance. "For that matter," Lancaeriel spoke up, "I'm sure we could come up with some kind of a sleeping spell, at least something that would work on a few people at a time. It would certainly make it easier to take someone here without too much of a fuss."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Miyuki thought more on it, the sleeping spell or something to put in the water was a great idea.

"But it still doesn't solve the problem of having to get in and do it," Miyuki murmured, "Good timing would still be needed."

At this point, oddly enough someone else spoke up. Someone who was normally napping on Miyuki's bed, Holly's bed, in the garden, anywhere where there was a good place to nap. She had wandered in because everyone was being so serious, and it had been so long since then that the cat (who normally didn't care about anyone unless it was to cuddle) actually bothered to enter the foyer.

Senka who had found a comfortable spot on Miyuki's tails, pipped up, "Why not have Lin and Earendil do the go and grab? Why are you think so hard on this?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:30 pm

"Us?" Earendil blinked at Senka, then looked at Lin.

"Why them?" Andarien asked, confused.

Curiously, it was Daeron who realized it first. "If you can get close enough, you'd be perfect," he grinned. "Earendil, you can go right through walls - and Lin, you can do that thing where you suddenly appear somewhere else."

"Oh, right," Earendil blushed brightly. "I forgot ..."

"Still, they need to be able to get close enough without being seen," Kyrie murmured.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:35 pm

"You're not the only one," Lin murmured in turn.

Though Kyrie was right, that still hadn't solved their first problem.

"Every plan, whether it is to use something to cause sleep or snatch someone means getting close," Eron murmured, "And the clearing they made will make it difficult to sneak around. How about from above? Is there anyway to get close from above?"

They had several individual flyers, and a flying person was a bit less noticeable than flying on a dragon.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:37 pm

"I may have an idea for something from above, yet ... either unlikely to be seen, or if it is seen, too late to do anything about it," Khetal spoke up quietly, surprising most of those who were present.

"I thought you were a doctor," Rose said doubtfully.

Khetal smiled at her. "I am. And that is precisely why I have something that just may work."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:07 pm

"What are you thinking?" Eron inquired.

Unlike Rose, Eron was pretty sure Khetal was up to something crafty. After all doctors knew a lot about the body, that is what made them doctors (and potentially very dangerous).

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Khetal looked like he was hesitant to suggest his idea, but he realized that it would be necessary and went ahead with it anyways.

"I have, in my stores, a certain powder from a certain plant that, when inhaled, will render a person unconscious," he explained. "I could, if you wish, prepare some small packages of the powder. Then, if you have two people - one with a fantastic arm, and one with fantastic aim - go to the encampment ... the first person could throw the bags into the air over the encampment, different areas each time, and the second person could shoot the bags open with an arrow."

He made an exploding motion with his hands. "The bags burst, the air is filled with the powder, and hey, presto, they're asleep."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:30 pm

That did sound promising and one wouldn't need to go too close to the place to make it work.

"What do you think? We do have a number of people who are a good shot," Lin murmured to Kyrie.

And she was sure there were a number of people with a good throwing arm as well.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:35 pm

Kyrie nodded slowly. "And perhaps," she suggested thoughtfully, "we might have a magic user with us as well ... just in case a shot does miss. If we make a mistake, it will cost us dearly. Whatever we do, we'll have to make sure that by the time these people wake up, we have them - each and every once of them - in our control. When they wake up, they'll be suspicious - doubly so if anyone is missing. And there are a lot more of them than there are of us."

And she would rather not kill any more than she had to - though she would do it readily enough if necessary.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:54 pm

"So.... are we going to try and subdue everyone then?" Miyuki asked, "Or are we still going with the original of plan of, just grabbing one person and going?"

Because that would affect what they would do, trying to get everyone of them under control was going to be hard.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next