The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 3 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:18 pm

"None of the other homes we saw looked any bigger," Khetal pointed out calmly. He couldn't even try to understand someone who would do the type of thing Alph had been doing.

After a moment, he glanced at Miyuki. "It's getting late. Should you be going to bed?"

He wouldn't be able to sleep, not with Wren out there alone, but that didn't mean others had to stay up too.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 3 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:23 pm

"I'm waiting for someone to come to sit with you," Miyuki replied, "Because you need sleep too."

She looked over to him with a foxy grin.

"You can't ask me if I should be going to bed when you know the answer would also apply to you."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Khetal chuckled despite himself.

"I know. I shouldn't worry. Everything has gone well so far, and with everyone asleep, it's as safe as it can get. But I can't help it. I think I can finally admit that I am very fond of Wren ..." He paused, hesitated, and then went on. "Yes. Very fond." He smiled warmly. "I know I don't need to worry about her. She is very capable. But I can't help it."

He shrugged. "Even were I to go to bed, I would not be able to sleep. So I might as well stay here. You, on the other hand, should get some sleep if you're able."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:22 pm

"Are you sure you don't want me to at least bring you a blanket? It's really not healthy for you to not rest and at the very least you could get some rest here," Miyuki offered.

It wasn't going to do Wren any good if he made himself sick (though she was sure elves couldn't get sick from the a lack of sleep).

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:25 pm

"Thanks, but it's quite warm enough in here," he assured her. "You go ahead. I'll be fine."

He did however move to sit on one of the chairs so that he could be more comfortable. He had a notebook there, and he picked up a pencil now and settled in for the night.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:58 pm

"Okay," Miyuki murmured as she got up from her seat, "Good night then."

She hoped he would be fine in the morning, but went on her way to bed anyways.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:20 am

The following day was much the same: people in the tent taking turns watching the two mirrors while Wren went around the town, talking to people about work. She went on her own, leaving Alph to spend time with his family. She probably would have worried about him telling someone about her if she hadn't known that he knew full well that there would be people watching him at all times to make sure that he didn't do that.

On Wren's third day gone, a few of the travelers went out to hunt, being careful to avoid any who might be in the area. Wren meanwhile went with Alph to speak with someone who promised to send word to the person who had apparently been the one to hire Alph in the first place. They were idle for most of the rest of the day, but that evening Alph brought them to a tavern, where they met with several others and spent the night drinking. Admittedly, Wren drank far less than any of the others, but she still had quite a bit.

The first time they deliberately left her alone was the next morning, when it became apparent that she was going to be taking a bath. Then Khetal hung a thick cloth over the mirror to give her privacy.

"At least it seems to be going well so far," he murmured to anyone who happened to be in the room with him.

"For her, anyways," Kyrie frowned at her brother. "You haven't slept since she left. You ever going to sleep?"

Khetal shrugged.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:00 am

"You know it's not good for you to stay up so many nights in a row," Lin pointed out, "And Wren won't be happy when she finds out you've been neglecting yourself."

After all, care went both ways and Lin knew the lack of sleep was going to catch up with Khetal one way or another.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:17 pm

"Yes, but-"

"If you don't go to sleep, at least for a while," Kyrie interrupted her brother, "then I'll put you to sleep involuntarily. You can't watch for now anyways, and you're only going to make yourself ill."

Khetal looked a bit flustered at the threat, but he still looked like he was going to protest. Earendil cut him off before he could.

"Take it from someone who used to worry, too," he chuckled. "It might feel like you're doing the right thing, but it's better to get the rest you need than to face her wrath when she finds out how you've been treating yourself, supposedly for her sake."

"And so much for keeping your relationship to yourselves," Kyrie added, her eyes twinkling mischievously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Lin laughed, "They're stuck in a tent with several couples, it's a bit hard to keep something like that under wraps."

Besides, this place could be just as bad as Haven with the gossip and there wasn't as much distance between everyone!

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:35 pm

"I have to admit, they were doing all right for a while," Kyrie chuckled. "Besides, what with all the walks, and the time together in the lab ..."

"And the gardens, don't forget," Earendil grinned.

"Always sitting together at meals ..."

"Ignoring everyone else ..."

"Not to mention-"

"All right!" Khetal interrupted them, throwing up his hands in surrender. "You win. I'll go take a rest, but on two conditions!" He pointed a finger at each of them in turn. "First, that if something happens, you will call me; and secondly, that you cease this harassment!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:39 pm

Lin covered her mouth, trying not to smile. Because it slightly reminded her of her father (now there was a guy who could harass you).

Coughing a bit, she nodded trying to keep her amusement under control, "Okay, we'll tell you if anything happens, and we'll lay off. Now go and get some rest."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:49 pm

And so he did.

An hour later, when they had resumed watching over Wren, it became apparent that she was going to go into the forest to hunt. Alph didn't come with her - an in fact, when he approached Wren about it, she turned down his offer to accompany her. She did, however, remind him that there would be people watching him.

An hour and a half after that, she showed up at the tent.

Rose was taking a turn at the mirror, and not being a forest person, she didn't know until Wren reached the tent that it was her destination.

"Welcome back," she greeted the princess with surprise when she walked into the tent. "Has something happened?"

Wren smiled at Rose and set her bow on the floor. "Just need some advice," she murmured. "Where is everyone?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:59 pm

Holly was with Rose, to keep her company, she too didn't notice that Wren was heading back to the tent.

"Some are resting and others are working. Or rather, trying to keep themselves busy rather than worry," Holly explained.

Setting the knitting she was doing down, she got up from her seat.

"We can go and get them, Rose do you want to take the residential hallway or the workshop hallway? I don't think there is anyone in the kitchen."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:05 pm

"I'll take the workshops," Rose offered.

"Don't bother anyone who's resting," Wren said quickly, holding up one hand to hold them back for a moment. "I don't think I need everyone, just ... probably Kyrie, maybe Earendil, Daeron, Mailon, Jassin ... I mean, unless others want to come, but don't bother them unnecessarily."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:20 pm

"Then how about we look for those people especially?" Holly offered, "It'll go quicker that way."

Since she wasn't sure how long Wren could stay out "hunting".

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:25 pm

Wren nodded. "Sounds like a plan. I'm just going to duck into the kitchen for a drink, but I'll be back out here in a minute or two. Thanks."

While she headed off to the kitchen, Rose went to check and see if anyone were in any of the workshops or gardens. By the time she returned with Kyrie (who had been visiting with Mirania in her tree house), Wren was also back from the kitchen, waiting for the others in the foyer.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:49 pm

A few moments later Holly came back with a few others including Lin.

"That's everyone that I could find," Holly explained.

"Did something happen?" Lin asked.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:57 pm

"Nothing big," Wren assured Lin. She gestured for the others to take a seat. Daeron and Jassin were the only ones she'd asked for who hadn't seemed to be found, but that didn't bother her overmuch. "I'm just looking for advice."

"Advice about what?" Kyrie asked, taking a seat.

Wren sighed. "Alph. He's been doing everything we've asked him to, and I know he's prepared to go with me to the man who hired him in the first place, but ... somehow I don't feel right about it anymore. I know he should, and it was the agreement, but his family really needs him ... I mean, his wife could give birth any day now, I'm certain ..."

"And you'd rather let him stay with his family," Kyrie sighed.

Wren nodded and shrugged. "I'm certain that he will never take any such jobs again, and that he will also try to stop others doing it either. But if he were to come with us, and word got out that he was a part of whatever it is that happens when we catch up with the mastermind, his family won't be safe, either."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:30 pm

Lin looked thoughtful at the news Wren brought.

"That is a good point..." she murmured, "But I'll leave that final choice up to you Kyrie."

Since it had been Kyrie who was spearheading this.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Kyrie looked around at the others. "What does everyone else think?"

Earendil had to admit, he didn't like the idea of Alph's family being drawn into all of this. As much as Alph deserved whatever might happen to him, his family was an innocent as all the Water Elves had been.

"There is no need to punish his family for his actions," Mailon spoke up quietly before Earendil could say anything. "In fact, I may go so far as to say that were we to involve them, we would be no different than him or any of the other mercenaries that we killed. You all know my past. I do not deserve the mercy that you have all shown me. But were Daenis to be subjected to retaliation for my history, I would not hesitate to seek vengeance on those who were responsible."

Kyrie nodded. "Agreed." She turned back to Wren. "Looks like you're going to be on your own for a while. Do you think you'll be all right?"

"I have been so far," Wren sighed. "It's tiring, not being me." Then she smiled faintly. "Still. I know it's for a good cause. And hopefully we'll hear back from Alph's cousin soon. But I'd better get going again, I really do want to find some game for them. They really haven't got much."

"So we've seen," Earendil murmured, nodding towards the mirror where they could still see Alph at home with his family, playing with his little girls as his wife worked on some sewing.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Holly nodded, "Good luck on your hunt."

"And as usual we'll keep watch," Lin added.

The advantage to keeping watch this way was that they weren't in the dark about what was going on.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:32 pm

"Thanks." Wren smiled gratefully and turned to leave again. As she picked up her bow, she hesitated. "I ... don't suppose ... Khetal ..."

"Sleeping," Kyrie grinned, amused.

Wren blushed lightly. "Ah. Never mind then, let him sleep. I'll see him when I get back."

Shouldering her bow, she left again.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:39 pm

Once Wren left, Lin couldn't help but chuckle a bit, "Khetal will be disappointed when he wakes up."

"As long as this doesn't encourage him to pull more all nighters," Holly replied dryly.

She too had noticed how Khetal wasn't looking after himself properly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:43 pm

"Not if no one says anything to him," Kyrie said pointedly. "At least not until she comes back."

He was her brother, after all, and she knew that he could be just as stubborn as she was.

"So when he wakes up again, just tell him she spent the day hunting," Earendil shrugged. "If we don't make a big deal of it, he won't think anything of it."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next