The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:59 pm

"At least let me finish this-"

He cut himself off when he looked up from his reading and found himself looking into Holly's eyes. They might have been a different colour now, but they were still undoubtedly her eyes, and it startled him to be so close to her. Or that she was so close to him. Or leaning so close.

The moment he realized how muddled his thoughts were getting, he found himself blushing. He swallowed down the lump that had suddenly appeared in his throat. "Um ... yeah," he murmured, almost shyly. "Dinner ..."

By this point, both Cael and Lancaeriel were already in the next room, but they were watching the interaction between the two nekos and grinning to themselves.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 21 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:03 pm

He was adorable, was the first thought that came into her mind. She gave him a catty grin, as she removed herself from the text she was covering.

"Good," Holly replied looping her arm around his, "Kaito has warned me about your bad habits, and if I won't take bad habits from Kaito, I won't from you."

By bad habits for Kaito, she meant his teasing, his pestering and so forth. She understood now why he did it, but he was going about it in such a kitten fashion, kind of unusual for a guy who was so blunt most of the time.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Shiro's blush grew deeper, and he found himself without a response. He stood up, over-conscious of Holly's arm linked with his.

"Um ..." He cleared his throat softly. "Um ... can I ... before we go out there ... can I do just one thing?"

It felt odd, asking like this, but he had never before cared about whether someone approved of his actions or not when it came to his work.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:06 pm

"Just one thing right?" Holly asked.

She supposed as long as it wasn't anything that would take a long time, she could give him a pass.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:10 pm

Shiro nodded. "Just one," he promised softly. "I just ... can I make you look like you again? You make a very pretty elf, but ... you're far more beautiful as yourself."

It was a case of his mouth working faster than his brain, and once again he blushed when his brain caught up with what his mouth had said. Still, he couldn't take it back, and truth be told, now that he'd said it, he didn't want to. It was true, after all.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:23 am

Holly blushed greatly at this as she let go of his arm. She had expected him to ask for another page to be read or something of the like, but not that. Putting her hands behind her back shyly she nodded.

"Of course, I don't mind it one bit...." she told him, "Thank you...."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:29 am

The blush was cute, but it still wasn't quite her. Shiro smiled at her, then took a deep breath and concentrated. Holding one hand as if he had something fragile between his fingers, he tapped her gently on the top of her head. The moment he did, her disguise began to fade away: slowly at first, and then more quickly. In a matter of seconds, she was back to herself.

"Much better," he murmured, his smile widening. He held his hand out to her. "Shall we?"

After dinner, Shiro went back to Lancaeriel and Cael's room to continue with his research, and when morning came he was back there again after breakfast. Those who were going to be walking (and presumably going into the town) were disguised before heading out: once more with the exception of Kyrie, who once again refused, point-blank, to change her appearance in any way.

For safety's sake, Kaito also stayed inside the tent, albeit a bit reluctantly. Aside from him and Shiro, the only other one who stayed inside was Daenis, who was having even more trouble handling the heat outside.

By noon, as expected, the town was in sight, and oddly enough, none was more excited to see it than Makaela, who up until this moment had been the very image of a quiet, proper lady.

"It's been fifty years since I was last here," she murmured demurely, though her eyes were sparkling. "I can't help but wonder how much it's changed."

The town was similar to the town where Alph lived: a small, simple town, with simple wooden buildings; an open market with people calling their wares; and a main street with most of the town's shops situated there. There were people all over the place, many conducting business, though few children were in sight at the moment.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:28 pm

"Very similar to the last town that... we saw," Miyuki commented.

Saw, rather than visited since they couldn't have visited.

"It's a pity for safety reasons, Shiro and Kaito had to stay inside," Holly murmured.

At least Shiro had an excuse to stay in (beyond just researching that is).

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:35 pm

"You could always bring them something," Rose suggested to Holly, grinning at her friend.

"If we have any currency for here," Shoneah added softly.

Andarien was also walking with the group of girls, and he grinned at them. "Maybe we can sell some stuff and get some," he suggested eagerly. "I have some watches left, and I've been making other things. Music boxes and stuff. Mi, don't you have stuff to trade or sell, too?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Miyuki hummed and hawed a bit as she mentally went over her inventory, "I might... the problem with places like these, from a trader's point of view, is that they have the most variety out of any area. I might actually have more things I want, or have that is from this kind of area, than I have to actually trade when it comes to raw goods..."

Which was always a bit of a downer, it would be easier once they got out of the tropical location.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:56 pm

"There are always services to trade for coin," Rose spoke up. "Entertainment is always something worth trying. I know there are several of you who play instruments, but have you ever thought about telling stories about your travels?" Her brown eyes were bright with excitement at the idea. "I mean, for how long you've all been traveling, surely you must have tales to tell! And there are two ways you could do it, too: you could charge an entry fee if you were to go to an inn or a theater or something or you could just tell stories on the street and hope for donations."

She said all of this without any idea that Miyuki had used to do just that in other places. That was just the way her mind worked: she was money-minded.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:01 pm

"That's mainly my bread and butter when I can't trade anything or have more things I want than I have to trade," Miyuki admitted with a laugh, "I also can make illusions while doing so, but I guess that last part might... be a unusual for a Light Elf?"

She glanced over at Makeala.

"What are the common magic gifts for Light Elves in this country?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:16 pm

Makaela smiled at Miyuki. "Light is the most common," she began, "by which I mean illumination ... both Takari and I have that ability. But what are illusions but a changing of the colour of light? I see no reason why that would be out of place."

"It's been a while since you've done that, Mi," Andarien said thoughtfully. "Do you know what stories you might tell this time?"

Shoneah looked at Miyuki, curious to hear the answer. She looked a bit odd with golden hair and blue eyes, and her skin had been lightened, but considering the country they were in, she did look as though she fit in with the place.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:31 pm

"Hmm....." Miyuki gave it a serious thought, considering their location.

What stories did she want to tell.

"Nauros and Amon Darthir are often good places to start, the wildlife there makes for some interesting sights," Miyuki admitted, "The last location we were in, in Eaulir was also lovely...."

Though none were good stories, and she would have to adapt it using Light Elves, because if the population would attack them on sight for being different, she didn't want to think about what they would do if she simply talked about different people.

"Though, I could also tell a short jaunt about the beginning of our trip starting in the Southland and talking about the sea. There were a few interesting sights there."

She scratched her head, "I'd like to talk about the people too, but I honestly don't know how people here would take that."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:43 pm

"If you're showing facts and not trying to impart views on other races, you should be fine," Makaela assured her. "Tell about the people. Show what other places are like. The only thing that I would suggest is to avoid showing mixed relations. That would cause ... problems."

Her eyes grew brighter as she looked towards the town. "I must admit, I am very much looking forward to visiting again."

"How long are we planning on staying?" Shoneah asked curiously, looking towards Kyrie.

Their guide just shrugged. "You tell me. As long as we're welcome, I suppose, or until we feel we need to move on. Though we should move on in at least no more than a week ... we do have to make it back to Eaulir and tell Killian about what was happening in Eausin."

"Killian?" Tehlmar asked with a curious frown.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:53 pm

"Killian is a Water Elf we met back in Eausin," Lin explained, "He was having dinner with us, when Kyrie came with news about what was happening to other Water Elf settlements. He wanted to come with us, but it would have put him in unnecessary danger."

No matter how he felt about it.

"We told him we would tell him what happened in make sure he didn't come along."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:05 pm

"The kind of person who wants to help where he can, then?" Takari asked with a smile.

Andarien groaned, and Shoneah laughed aloud. "Not quite," she grinned. "He's a bit of a ..." She hummed a bit, trying to figure out how to phrase it.

"Full of himself," Andarien muttered under his breath.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:43 pm

Miyuki laughed, "You mean he's a flirt."

She would bet anything Killian also flirted with Shoneah, which probably annoyed her brother, the poor guy.

"When he's not being serious, it's a bit of a flirt."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:50 pm

"A flirt?" Takari sounded confused.

Tehlmar chuckled softly and reached for her hand. "When someone is playful in trying to get the attention of a member of the opposite sex," he explained softly.

Clearly Takari's world had been very small indeed.

She groaned. "Like Faelyn," she muttered darkly.

Makaela frowned. "I thought he was leaving you alone," she said softly. "You told your father that if he showed up again ..."

"I didn't want to burden you," Takari sighed. She looked apologetically at her mother. "Sorry." Turning back to the others, she added, "If this Killian is anything like Faelyn, then I can see why Andarien and Shoneah are so unimpressed with him."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:36 pm

"I don't think he means any real harm by it," Miyuki paused, "At least I'm guessing he's not really serious? It's kind of hard to tell... since he pretty much flirted with nearly anyone who is female and single."

Which was actually kind of amazing considering it all.

"I've heard of guys like that back in Gaia, they're nice they just have manners that make them sound more flirty than they should sound," Holly admitted, "But on the other hand, it was very strange. It's been a long time since I've met someone like that. That is, he will flirt, but I'm pretty sure he's not interested."

She had to make that clear, because she use to be around guys who flirted and were very interested.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:43 pm

"At least it will soon be obvious that most of the women in our group are unavailable," Shoneah smiled.

Honestly, at this point, they were either very obviously in a relationship (even if they did have to remind Killian a few times) or were pregnant.

Very soon, they were in the town, surrounded by the busyness of everyday life.

"Where to first?" Rose asked, looking to the others. She had to raise her voice slightly to be heard over the vendors of the market calling out their wares. "Find a place to set up the tent? Food? Find people?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:02 am

"Maybe we should set up the tent first, just to let the others know we've arrived," Lin suggested.

Otherwise no one inside the tent would be the wiser, and it would help to have it set up for when they were ready to rest.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:06 am

"But where?" Rose looked around, frowning thoughtfully. "I mean, it's a town ... don't we need permission to set up somewhere?"

"We could ask my parents if we could use their yard for a few days," Makaela suggested with a smile. "I'm quite certain they would not mind."

Kyrie nodded her approval. "If that doesn't work out for whatever reason," she added, "we'll have to set up outside the town." Looking to Makaela, she asked, "Which way?"

The Light Elven woman pointed down a street to a quieter area of the town. "Down there."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:40 pm

With that in agreement the group started down the street to the quieter area of town.

"So what was it like growing up here?" Miyuki asked as they made their way to their next location.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:51 pm

There was a light in Makaela's eyes, and she murmured demurely, "I know none of you would believe it, given what you know of me, but I was ... quite a rascal when I was growing up. Very masculine in my pursuits."

Takari looked more startled than any of the others. "What?"

"I know you described yourself as rambunctious," Tehlmar mused, awed by the confession, "but ... wow. I would never have expected that of you."

Makaela just smiled in a ladylike fashion and smoothed her skirts.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next