The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 36 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:01 pm

Another door had been added to the Door Room (as Miyuki called it in her head). This one was left open and inside was Miyuki, who was sitting on the 'floor'. At least one would assume it was the floor. It was an all white room that didn't seem to have a beginning or an end (though Miyuki knew it had an end). In otherwords, it was a blank room.

A blank space.

Blank spaces were weird for Miyuki, because they were just a space on a plane of existence and they just existed. One of those concepts that was hard to wrap one's mind around. At the moment, she wanted to create another environment but was at a lost of how to do so or what to do. What she wanted to do would determine what she needed, and she wasn't sure what she needed.

"Rooms," Miyuki commented aloud to herself, "are much easier to create than environments."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 36 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Rose had been about to enter one of gardens to see if Wren was in there and if she needed any help with her work when she heard Miyuki talking to herself. Instead of entering the garden, then, she turned towards the open door and peered inside.

"Miyuki?" she said hesitantly, knocking lightly on the door frame to get the kitsune's attention, "everything all right in here?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:28 pm

The kitsune bent backwards, leaning as far as she could on her butt without falling over to look at Rose.

"Oh, I'm fine, just thinking aloud. Come in if you want, careful though it's blank so it's a bitttt disorienting."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Rose stepped into the space and looked around, her eyes filled with wonder.

"A bit?" she murmured softly. "It's ... incredible. I would say impossible, but clearly it's not." She laughed softly. "Like the rest of the tent."

She still had trouble wrapping her head around the overlapping spaces that made up the rooms of the tent.

"What are you planning here?" she asked curiously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:37 pm

"I want to make a body of water in here, probably something larger than a pond but smaller than a lake," Miyuki explained.

The kitsune padded a spot beside her as if asking Rose to take a seat.

"Have I ever told you about some of my aunts, uncles or cousins?" Miyuki asked.

Or maybe her mother had, it was hard to remember sometimes after so many people who they told what. Though she admitted, there wasn't much chance to talk about her Gaian family.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Rose shook her head and moved to sit next to Miyuki, tucking her skirt around her legs.

"I have to admit," she murmured ruefully, "I haven't had a lot of in-depth conversations with ... well ... anyone except Holly."

She was her best friend, after all, and it was a lot easier to talk to her best friend than people who were pretty much still strangers to her - she had after all known them only for a few weeks.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Miyuki nodded, she wasn't that surprised and now that she thought about it Rose didn't really interact with a lot of people in the group.

"Well... just a bit of background then," Miyuki replied as she began to weave an illusion.

This was more for Rose's benefit, so she wouldn't get lost in the explanation.

"My mother's side of the family has a history of adopting children, and not always of the same race," Miyuki winked at Rose, "As I am an example of that. My grandmother and my grandfather have, besides my mother over twenty other children."

An imagine of a young Angel woman and a Human man was shown, and behind them the shadows of many people.

"Two of their children, an aunt and uncle of mine are twins, but they are from a race called Mers," Miyuki explained showing Rose Feng and Ryu, "And my aunt had adopted another Mer as well."

She showed the mischievous Naida swimming around Feng and Ryu.

"Though not all Mers have transformation magic, my aunt, uncle and cousin do have the ability to turn their tails into legs. However, at their core, they are Mers, so unlike myself or my mother where we could stay in our other forms if needed, they need water to sleep in. So while they could travel, they would be limited to places where there is a water source nearby. Which is why they didn't join us on this trip."

Dissipating the illusion, Miyuki grinned.

"So, I wanted to make a water place for them for next time."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:20 pm

If Rose had not already seen human-like people with wings and people with animal body parts - cat ears, tails, bird wings, bat wings - she probably would have been more shocked by the images Miyuki was showing her. That isn't to say that she wasn't surprised at all - but only slightly, by this point.

"I'm sure that in the meantime," she murmured, smiling, "several of the people in the group would be more than happy to make use of it while we're not in Eaulir."

She would probably be one of those people making use of it, she had to admit.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:23 pm

"Oh I don't doubt that," Miyuki chuckled, "Could be used for swimming lessons, those are always useful."

One never knew when swimming might be useful, or so Holly had once told her.

"I'm just trying to figure out the layout, and maybe make a waterfall, you can't just create a body of water from my understanding," Miyuki mused on this, "There needs to be some circulation in the water."

Granted she didn't know how mers breathed under water, but just in case they were somehow magically pulling in oxygen, she was going to have to make sure there was water circulation.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:27 pm

"What about fish?" Rose suggested. Never a squeamish one, she had no trouble with the idea of swimming with fish - then again, hadn't they done that in Eaulir when they'd swum in the ocean. "We could have fish for dinner even when we're not traveling by the ocean."

It had been a few days since they'd had fish to eat, and while it wasn't her favourite food, she did like it, and she knew that it was quite the favourite for some of the group.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:55 pm

"Oh!" Miyuki grinned, "I had thought of fish, but for something else."

She grabbed the note book she was working with and opened up to a page. It showed a hill with staggered to different levels and what looked like small swallow ponds with plants in them.

"This is a layout for rice paddy fields, I heard about this from Shiro. If you had a water source up here and flooded these planes, they can be used to grow rice, and then you would also raise fish in them. The fish waste would provide food for the plants. Once the rice was ready, the water source can be cut off here and the planes drained where you can gather both rice and fish... in the outside world though, normally the fish raised would eat bugs so any water borne bugs won't infest the waters, but there won't be bugs indoors so... it would have to be a fish that fed on something else..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:32 am

"Surely, that's manageable, considering everything else you all have in here," Rose laughed.

Her eyes were bright as she looked slowly over Miyuki's sketch. "It looks fascinating, I have to admit ... I've never seen anything like this before," she murmured. "Is this how rice is grown in your world?"

Though, if she were honest, she would admit she didn't know about the growing of rice in this world, either. She was familiar with grain - wheat, barley, those kinds of things.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:09 pm

"Apparently," Miyuki shrugged, "I've never seen a rice paddy field back home, but I got this from Shiro's tablet, and it was Eron who told me about the fish. It'll be nice to have a more regular supply of rice."

She just hoped it wouldn't be too much work, granted being grown in a very controlled environment the plants didn't need as much care as if they were grown outside. So maybe that was why it was manageable to grow so many plants.

"The fish wouldn't hurt neither... though I'd imagine raising fish is a bit more difficult..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:29 pm

"I wouldn't know," Rose admitted with a smile. "I know little about rice, and less about fish. My father's business was wheat, and even that was only the grinding of it into flour."

Still, she would be willing to learn. She supposed she would have to learn a trade eventually, as she really didn't have much to occupy her time aside from tagging along with others.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:38 pm

"You know..." Miyuki murmured, "Rice can be made into flour as well, but the flour gives food a different texture than wheat. It's most often used to make noodles and it can come in two forms depending on how it's milled. I actually got rice flour of both varieties when we stopped by this one town. It was nice to make stuff with it."

Of course Miyuki would know this, she had to learn in order to figure out how much Gaian food she could try to make in the tent. Miyuki didn't view herself as a great cook, but she was decent enough to get by and satisfy her craving for things not found in this world.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Rose nodded slowly. She supposed it would be like having food from back home after not having had it for a while - but then, she had only been with the group for a few weeks - half a season - so Miyuki probably felt it stronger.

She was about to speak again when she noticed Ira by the door. The Glaceon had been walking past the door, but stopped when he saw the two girls in the room.

"Odd seeing him without Daenis," Rose commented to Miyuki, nodding at the Pokemon.

Ira just kept staring at the two of them, motionless.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:47 pm

"What's up Ira?" Miyuki called over the Pokemon.

She never saw Ira stare so motionless at them before. Maybe the Pokemon was a bit weirded out by the blank room? Or maybe Ira was wondering what they were up to.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:56 pm

Hearing his name, Ira blinked at Miyuki, then turned and looked over his shoulder. He let out a small bark, and a moment later Daenis appeared behind him. There was a slight crease in her brow that vanished the moment she spotted the girls.

"There you are," she murmured, relief evident in her voice. "Rose, there is a gentleman here looking for you. He is waiting outside."

Rose bit her lower lip, suddenly anxious. "Geran," she breathed. With a frown, she asked, "Are Shiro, Cael or Lancaeriel here?"

Daenis shook her head. "Almost everyone is in town."

"Then I probably shouldn't step outside," Rose murmured, still frowning. "Do you think it would be all right to ask him in?" Possibly not - after all, he knew that she was human, but he didn't know about any of the rest of them - with the possible exception now, obviously, of Daenis. And Rose knew Holly wasn't comfortable with him knowing about her - would the others be all right with it?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:02 pm

"I need to create some sort of inter... ter.. what does Shiro call it? Intercom! Thing for this tent so we can spread the word around faster," Miyuki replied as she got to her feet and brushed off the imaginary dust from her skirt, "If he stays in the lobby I think it'll be. I take he knows you're human right? Otherwise you wouldn't have suggested it, if he knows you're human, he might as well be in the lobby."

Miyuki clearly didn't care, but Miyuki figured if they hadn't been chased out of town yet, then they weren't going to any time soon.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Rose nodded. "He knows." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Right. All right. I'm coming."

"Would you like me to go ahead and invite him in?" Daenis offered.

Rose shook her head. "Thanks, but we'll be there at the same time," she replied.

"True enough!" Daenis laughed softly and turned to lead the way back out of the garden area.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:13 pm

"Will you stay with us?" Miyuki asked Daenis.

She didn't know if Daenis already had something else planned for the day.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:23 pm

"If I would not be intruding," Daenis smiled demurely. "I must admit, I am curious as to who he is and what brings him here."

Rose blushed. "Ah ... so you didn't hear ..."

Daenis looked at Rose curiously, at a complete loss as to what she was talking about. As briefly as she could, so that she would finish before they reached the foyer, Rose outlined her first encounter with Geran, his subsequent insistence that he show her - and by extension, Holly and Shiro - around the town, his invitation to dinner, and the revelation of his apparent feelings for her.

She glanced at Miyuki too as she spoke, because she didn't know if Miyuki had heard about that last part, either.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:18 pm

"Well... that's... quite unexpected," Miyuki murmured thoughtfully, "So he only knows that you're human?"

Which could mean this poor Geran fellow had no idea what he was getting into. If he was still going to try and pursue Rose, Miyuki kind of wished him all the luck.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:23 pm

Rose nodded. "Holly wasn't comfortable showing herself to him," she explained, "and I don't really blame her. He was shocked enough just seeing me for what I am ..."

She trailed off, hesitated, and then continued, in a softer tone, "And ... then he left. I mean, I told him that if he still wanted to, I would speak to the group about allowing him to join us, and then he said he'd think about it and left."

She twirled a long curl around her finger, a nervous habit that she hadn't done since she'd gotten her cloak from Holly. "I guess he's here to let me know what he's decided."

She didn't know which she hoped he'd chosen, whether to stay or accompany them.

Daenis wasn't shocked, only thoughtful. "There is only one way to find out," she murmured, opening the door that would lead the three women into the foyer.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Stepping into the foyer, Miyuki asked, "Do you want me to invite him in, or are you comfortable sticking your head out?"

Since none of them could go disguised. Really, Miyuki should learn that illusion, which she'll add to her already long to do list.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next