Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Rose shook her head, and while Daenis moved to sit down, she continued towards the tent door.

"Better me than you," she reasoned. Nothing personal, of course, but Miyuki's foxy ears would probably cause more troubles than if Rose was spotted.

She pushed back the door of the tent and peered out. Geran was standing outside the tent, leaning against the wall of the house, and she beckoned for him to come in. She waited for him just inside the tent, glancing nervously at the others as she waited.

"He's there?" Daenis asked curiously, seeing that Rose hadn't said anything but missing her beckon.

Rose nodded. "Coming."
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:30 pm

Miyuki nodded as she took a seat. Normally one wouldn't keep seating in a foyer, but since they were always gathering here and they always seem to attract guests, it made sense to keep some seating in here.

Though they called it a foyer, it was probably more of a living space at this point. It made Miyuki wonder if she were to make another tent from scratch, how would she make the layout learning what she knew now? Of course, she wouldn't, it would be too much trouble to move everything.

"That's good," Miyuki put that thought away and focused on their latest guest that was coming.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:38 pm

Rose clasped her hands behind her back and shifted her weight from one foot to the other and back. Though in reality it was only a matter of seconds, it felt like an eternity to her before the tent flap was pulled aside and Geran stepped in.

"You came," she murmured, feeling more relief than she'd thought she ever would.

Geran smiled at her, and his smile was warm. "I told you I would," he pointed out.

Blushing, Rose nodded and gestured for him to come further in and make himself comfortable. "These are two of our traveling companions," she introduced the others. "Daenis, a White Elf from the north, and Miyuki, a kitsune."

It seemed Geran hadn't even noticed the others at first, but now he looked where Rose was pointing. Surprise reflected in his eyes when he looked at Daenis, but he nodded politely; and when he looked at Miyuki, he blinked and froze, staring.

"Daenis, Miyuki, this is Geran," Rose finished the introduction, so nervous that she didn't see the way he was looking at Miyuki.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Miyuki grinned widely, "It's nice to meet you."

Her tails swished around as she said this, as she was quite amused. Clearly Geran still liked Rose, and having people surprised by her (Miyuki) was old hat by now.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:15 pm

Daenis giggled softly. "I had forgotten what it was like when people see you for the first time," she told Miyuki, amused.

"That, and seeing the inside of the tent for the first time," Rose pointed out. "I know I was absolutely stunned when I first set foot in here."

Geran blinked again, startled by the reminder that he was inside a tent, not an actual building, and he looked around, then back at Miyuki, and then looked around again, and then back at Miyuki. "I-I'm sorry," he stuttered, clearly still stunned, "but you're a ... a what?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:29 pm

"I'm called a kitsune," Miyuki explained, "Or rather my race is called kitsune. We're noted for having fox ears and tails... more than one tail. I'm up to seven... I think.. it's been a while since I cared to count."

All she knew was that she a very furry backside that took a while to sort out these days. On top of her very long hair.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:35 pm

"Miyuki and her family are from very far away," Rose explained. "They are the original members of this group, to my understanding ... and the rest of us sort of joined up along the way. Holly and I are the newest - well, almost the newest members ..."

Geran nodded slowly, still taking it all in. "And there are how many of you?"

Rose bit her lower lip and looked to Miyuki.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:11 am

"Hmm......" Miyuki mentally counted in her head, but it was clear she was using her fingers, "There are... 27 people and a lot of creatures."

She would have to count the Pokemon separately, and there were also two dragons and one winged cat around as well.

"That seems about right."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:21 am

"And several on the way," Daenis added with a beaming grin, placing one hand gently on her growing abdomen. She still wasn't very big, but it was very obvious that her pregnancy was progressing.

Geran nodded, and his brow furrowed thoughtfully. "And ... I don't understand ... how do you all fit into this tent? It's not ... not half as large as this from the outside. And ... are any of you actually Light Elves?"

Rose hesitated a moment, then reached forward and touched his arm lightly. "Look, Geran," she murmured, "I understand your questions. They are the same ones Holly and I asked when we first met the group. But ... that is not what you came here to talk about, and I feel like ... before we tell you everything about us ... you promised me an answer ..."

She was used to being direct, and she only felt it fair. Leaving her wondering like this was suspenseful, and considering that his purpose in coming - at least, so she presumed - was to tell her whether or not he was still interested in coming with them, it seemed disingenuous of him to beat about the bush.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:36 pm

"How about this," Miyuki laughed, "You give Rose her answer and I'll answer any questions you may have... within reason of course."

She understood why Rose was being nervous, and she figured Geran didn't mean to beat around the bush. He was probably just caught so off guard by the tent.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Geran blinked as if startled by the reminder; but then he blushed lightly and nodded slowly. He still didn't answer though, not immediately; he first looked at Miyuki as if he were still thinking, and only after glancing from Miyuki to Rose and back to Miyuki and then back to Rose one last time did he moisten his lips lightly with the tip of his tongue and speak.

"As strange as all of this is," he murmured, "and ... despite knowing now that you are not elven, but human ... yes, Rose. I would like to give this a try."

In an instant, Rose felt as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders, and it was only in that moment that she realized just how anxious she had been for his reply. She still didn't know if anything would come of this, but - and perhaps because of how things had gone with Tobias - she didn't want to let the opportunity slip past without even giving it a chance.

"Then I will ask if you might accompany us," she murmured with a warm smile.

"Pretty much everyone has gone to town, though," Daenis spoke up, beaming with pleasure for her friend. "You may be waiting a while for them to return."

Rose frowned. "And I can't leave the tent to find Kyrie, either."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:07 pm

"Then take a seat, unless you're in a hurry," Miyuki inquired to Geran, "I did say I would answer questions."

And he might as well know what he was getting himself into.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Rose directed Geran to one of the available chairs and sat herself on the couch next to Daenis.

"How ... how does all of this work?" Geran asked as he settled in. He gestured towards the room around them. "Outside, it looks like a typical tent that might fit ... I don't know, maybe two or three people. But from inside, it looks like ... well, admittedly, not as if it could fit twenty seven, but ... a dozen or so ..."

Daenis giggled. "And this is just the foyer."

Geran blinked and stared. "There's more?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Miyuki nodded, "I'll give you both the short and long answer. The short answer is, all this space was done by magic, and a lot of the things the tent is capable of doing is done by magic. The long answer is, at least about the space..."

Because if she explained everything they would be here forever.

"Is that the tent's physical size doesn't matter, what matters is the tent's entrance, which acts like a doorway to a space on another plane. This area is a space, and those doors over there."

She motioned to the doors that led to the kitchen, the workshop rooms and the resident rooms, "Are doors to more spaces. It's a very simplified way of looking at it, but the complex way requires you to wrap your mind around this idea about what a space and plane means."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Rose couldn't help but giggle at the look of complete and utter confusion on Geran's face.

"It would help if you could see it, I think," she smiled. "Perhaps a partial tour? We can't show peoples' rooms without their permission, but perhaps some of the other areas ..."

"I don't mind if he sees our room," Daenis said with a dismissive wave of her hand. "Mailon's in the dojo, I think, so you needn't worry about bothering him."

Geran's brow furrowed at the unfamiliar term.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:51 pm

"I don't mind if Geran sees my room neither," Miyuki added, "I think Senka and maybe one of the other Pokemon are probably napping in my room."

She wasn't sure who, probably Yasu as he was the kind of Pokemon who would nap, but on the other hand he would rather nap in the forge room. Perhaps then maybe Suki.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:07 pm

Rose pushed herself to her feet again and walked over to Geran, holding one hand out to him.

"Come on," she smiled at him. "I'll show you around a bit."

She wouldn't be able to answer all of his questions, she was sure, but she could try - and at least he would see the tent and get a feel for the group, at the very least.

Geran took Rose's hand and stood, nodding that he was ready.

Rose turned to the others. "Anyone else?" she asked. They'd both done the tour many times already, she was sure - especially Miyuki - but she didn't want to leave them out if they wanted to come along.

Daenis shook her head. "Actually, I think I'll get dinner started," she decided.

As Daenis rose and headed to the kitchen, Rose turned to Miyuki and looked at her questioningly.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:27 pm

"I'll come along, in case of questions. I can't promise I'll have simple answers, but I'll try," Miyuki grinned as she said this and bounced to her feet.

She could go back to her project later, it wasn't like she was in a rush.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Rose nodded. "I think we should start with our rooms," she murmured. It would be less of a shock than the gardens and work spaces, at least. She felt Geran had been shocked enough - she would make this as easy on him as she could.

When she slid back the door to the residential hallway, his eyes grew wide once more, but he followed as she led the way towards the back of the hall.

"I'll show you my room first," she told him. "It's furthest back."

Her room, when she opened the door to show Geran, was as neat and ordered as it always was. Her bed was neatly made, her clothes neatly hung and folded as required, her notebook perfectly centered on her writing desk, her pen and ink neatly arranged in front of it. The colours were a little drab, but her family had never been wealthy. In point of fact, the cloak from Holly had probably been the most valuable item she owned. She had no jewelry save a few braided twine bracelets, though she rarely wore them. Her treasures were her adventures.

"But the door to the next room is so close to this one," Geran commented, puzzled, as he looked into the room and then back into the hallway. "All of them are so close together ... how can the rooms be this size?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:01 pm

"For the same reason why the foyer can be larger than the tent," Miyuki replied, "Every entrance in this place, is an entrance to another space. Which is great because that makes the hallway less long."

Because at this rate, Miyuki might have to think about making another hallway.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Geran still looked stunned. "That's ... quite something to take in," he murmured.

Rose laughed softly. "Just wait until you see some of the other rooms." She nudged him back to the hallway and slid her door closed again. Gesturing forward, she added, "I think Miyuki's room is the next closest of the ones we can show you."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:37 pm

"It's this way," Miyuki motioned.

This time the kitsune led the way, and opened the door to her room. It hadn't changed at any since the last time she showed off her room. There was still a scribe's desk with her rune work when she decided to work in her room. There was still a low table with pillows for when she decided to eat in her room or have guests (the latter was rare). And all the other pieces of furniture still remained the same now to the futon bed.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:56 pm

Geran nodded slowly as he looked around Miyuki's room. "Interesting style of furniture," he commented. "I've never seen anything like it."

"Miyuki's family is from a place far away," Rose explained. "Actually, a lot of the rooms and the items and food we enjoy are based on their home."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:13 pm

"We've been traveling for years," Miyuki admitted, "After a while, it's nice to try and mimic things you're familiar with."

She paused and chuckled a bit.

"It's a bit funny for me actually, I've been traveling for as long as I remember, so you'd think I wouldn't need to mimic anything, as I've never had one place I'd call home."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:28 pm

"But home is more than a place," Geran pointed out. "It is memories, impressions ... of people, if nothing else. And even if not your own, then perhaps those of your parents."

He knew what he was talking about, after all. He knew he hadn't been born in Saldalien.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top