Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:59 pm

"This is true," Miyuki replied with a smile, "Though, I guess what I really mean is... I'm not sure why I'm drawn to this particular style, it's not because of homesickness. As you said, it is memories and impressions."

And as someone who had always grown up on the road, her life had been nothing but that.

"Anyhow, I believe Daenis said that we could pick into her and Mailon's room."

And their room was interesting.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:21 pm

"She did," Rose nodded; and, nudging Geran back into the hallway again, she led the way down the hall to Mailon and Daenis' room. Daenis had said Mailon was likely to be in the dojo, but just in case, Rose knocked anyways. There was no response, and after a moment Rose slid the door open.

The cold air that met them was immediate, and Geran flinched and rubbed his arms.

"Wow," he murmured. "That's ..."

The room was the same as the last time someone had been shown it: the bed of furs in one corner, the icy cradle near it, weapons hung on hooks near the door - though there were a few missing at the moment. Snow covered the floor and there was a light layer of snow on the tops of each of the furs.

"Daenis and Mailon are White Elves from the extreme north," Rose explained.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:26 pm

"So the room is cold the suit their tastes," Miyuki added, "Mailon is kind of use to other temperatures, but Daenis is still getting use to hot weather."

Not that Miyuki could blame her, there were days where even Miyuki found the weather too hot. Sometimes, when they were traveling in tropical areas, it was a different kind of hot, than say desert weather.

"Actually all the rooms are temperature controlled actually, but they generally stay at a somewhat... neutral temperature. Meaning that at the very least if we travel somewhere really cold, no one is going to get frostbite, and if we travel to somewhere very hot, no one will get heatstroke."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:46 pm

Geran nodded and stepped backwards, away from the room. He would readily admit that he didn't like feeling that cold - he had never felt anything like it before, and he was glad that the whole tent was not like that.

"I'm not much for the cold, either," Rose grinned, sliding the door closed again. "Holly is making us fur-lined clothes for when we travel north."

Though she supposed that if they did get to an unbearably cold place, they could simply remain inside the tent rather than walk outside, like Daenis had been doing since Rose had met her.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:17 pm

"With the exception of Mailon, Daenis and Amir, pretty much everyone else can feel that cold and will need gear in order to travel north," Miyuki agreed, "But at least we won't be spending Winter up there. Our original plan is to spend Winter in the south before traveling north."

She wondered how much Winter will be left by the time they left the town and start heading back where they started.

"So where to next? The workshops?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:48 pm

Rose nodded. "Lead the way," she invited, allowing Miyuki to go ahead of her.

Geran was quiet as he followed the girls to the other hallway, and his expression was thoughtful. They had already entered the other hallway when he murmured softly, "You really put a lot of planning into your travels, don't you?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:10 pm

Miyuki chuckled a bit, "Well it was Kyrie's idea, but it's necessary. It'll keep us safe and comfortable in the long run. I mean... we're already more comfortable than most other people who travel, but it's always good to make sure traveling conditions are the best you can hope for. Especially since we're traveling in other people's territory and not everyone is friendly."

She shrugged as if to say, what can you do about it? It was a fact of life that Miyuki had come to accept about traveling, even though it did make her long for the days of Amon Darthir, Nauros or even the Four Lands.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:18 pm

Geran looked a bit uncomfortable at the mention of unfriendly territories. He knew well that this was one of those places that would be dangerous for them to be if their true races were known to more than the select few who did know.

"I suppose I don't need to ask what you do when you come to unfriendly places," he commented, almost sounding ashamed.

Rose touched his arm lightly. "People are what they are," she said simply. "My hometown is not much different. I was very nearly not allowed to come with on this trip ... and as one of the conditions for my going, my parents tried to make everyone promise that I wouldn't ..." She paused for a moment to think of a tactful way of putting it. "... become romantically involved with any non-humans," she put it finally, her eyes laughing. "Of course, no such promise was made - for which I am grateful."

Geran laughed softly, his ears reddening.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:45 pm

So did Miyuki as she continued to explain, "No one in the group in good conscious make that kind of promise. My parents are a mixed couple, so are my grandparents for that matter. And they're not the only ones so we really couldn't make that promise."

She motioned for them to follow since they had been lingering in the main area, and they might as well see the workshops and other places.

"As for why, my father is a cartographer and he's on commission from the Southland Queen back in a place called the Four Lands to map any place he's exploring. It's always been a dream of my parents to go off and explore. Kyrie has been our guide through these lands, and she has agreed to as long as she's allowed to continue to help people in need. Our original group never saw issue to this, and agreed to her terms. I have ot admit, it has led to some very interesting situations."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:00 am

"The half of which I'm sure even I haven't heard of," Rose giggled as they reached the forge room. She presumed that since it was the closest, and nearly always in use, it would be the place Miyuki intended them to see first.

"Careful, it could be hot when we open this door," she cautioned Geran as she moved to slide the door open.

"Hot?" Geran repeated.

He understood when she opened the door and they were met with a blast of heat.

It wasn't as hot as usual, and the reason for it was clear. Shoneah was the only one in the forge today, and she wasn't working on a large project, but leaning over a table and inspecting something. There was a fire in the forge, but only a small one. Despite the small fire, however, she still was not wearing her blouse, only her bustier and pants - and her boots, of course, since it would be foolhardy to be barefoot in a place like the forge.

Xipil, her dragon companion, was on the table next to whatever it was she was looking at so closely, and it was he who first noticed when the door opened. His dark blue tail twitched, then flicked towards his mistress, and she looked up, startled.

"Oh!" she exclaimed when she turned around and saw the three in the doorway. "Miyuki! Just the person I was about to look for!"

She spoke in English because it was the most commonly spoken language used among the group, and it wasn't until after she had already beckoned for Miyuki to come join her that she even noticed the other two who were in the doorway. She stared at Geran and blinked. "Oh ... who is this?" She glanced at Miyuki again. "I thought we weren't supposed to let anyone here know that we're not Light Elves ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:04 am

"This is Geran, normally we wouldn't and I won't give the reason because it's kind of personal to Rose and him, but I will say he would like to travel with us. Kyrie is out at the moment, so we offered a tour while waiting for her to come back," Miyuki explained, "Anyhow, what is that you needed me for?"

She was curious despite doing a tour because it wasn't that often she was needed by Shoneah or Andarien.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:09 am

Shoneah still looked a bit doubtful, but as Rose and Geran weren't saying anything at the moment - since Rose wanted to let her talk to Miyuki first, as that seemed to be her priority, and Geran hadn't understood the first part of the conversation - she turned back to what she had been looking at and picked up an item about the size of her hand. She handed it to Miyuki.

"Andarien and I were doing some experiments with glass and silver," she explained, her tone more moderate now that she was aware of the others as well. "They're not perfect, but ... I think we've come up with some decent mirrors for communicating with others."

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to simply have one in each room in the tent - as handy as that would be, with as many couples as there were it would be a gross breach of privacy to have anyone able to see into anyone's rooms at any time - but if everyone had one to carry around with them while they were out, perhaps ...

The mirror she handed to Miyuki was smooth and reflected things clearly; its only flaw, and one Shoneah and Andarien both hoped was a temporary flaw, was sticking the silver to the back of the glass and having it stay there permanently. They were still working on it, but this batch seemed to be doing better than the others had been.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:21 am

Holding it in her hand, Miyuki studied it for a bit. The plan was to have hand mirrors, and then larger ones would be kept in public areas to get a hold of someone quickly if needed in case of emergency.

"This looks quite good, I think it would work too," she flipped it over to see the back, "And I suspect the runes would go on the back, it's the best way to fit what's needed in. Which reminds me, I was going to get glass objects to experiment on, this will need to be reinforced to prevent breaking or scratching. If you're carrying this somewhere reachable, it's most likely going to get damaged somehow without something to prevent it."

The kitsune thought about it for a moment and then added with a bit of humour.

"Actually that would be useful to put on the earthware, that way it doesn't get broken by accident once we have more little ones about."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:33 am

"Not that we have much earthenware," Shoneah pointed out. "Mostly metal and wooden items."

She was still eyeing Rose and Geran as she spoke with Miyuki, and finally she turned her attention fully to them. "All right, I'll bite. What's going on here? I'm curious."

"Geran is hoping to ask if he might accompany us when we leave tomorrow," Rose replied simply. "He ... ah ... well ..." Despite herself, she blushed lightly, and Geran took it upon himself to complete the explanation.

"Since meeting Rose, she has filled my thoughts," he said in a calm but factual tone. "It is my desire, with her approval and pending the agreement of your group, to travel with you to be able to get to know Rose better."

Shoneah's eyes widened slightly in understanding, and she smiled and leaned against the table behind her. "I see. Well, I don't want to speak for everyone, but somehow I have the feeling it will be fine." She turned to Miyuki. "I presume he'll need a room, if that's the case?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Miyuki nodded, "That I can do in my sleep, but the real planning of furniture and stuff we can't do until we absolutely get the okay from Kyrie. You're right though, chances are it'll be fine. Honestly, it's become a thing for us."

Not that she minded in the least.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:25 pm

Shoneah nodded thoughtfully. "I ... had a thought," she said hesitantly. "Actually, it's ... something Andarien and I have been thinking about off and on ... if I were to move my things into his room, then my room would be free and you wouldn't have to make another."

She paused again, then, with a slightly apologetic shrug, added, "Though we had actually been planning to ask you, if you weren't too busy, if you wouldn't mind making his room something of a suite for us, kind of like Cael and Lancaeriel have. If it's too much, though, we could ask Lancaeriel instead."

But since they had been thinking about that already, then it wold save Miyuki having to make a whole new room - and expand the hallway, as it was running out of space for new doors to be added.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:29 pm

Miyuki grinned and suddenly hugged Shoneah, "Of course! Do you want an open concept suite? I think that's what Lancerial and Cael have, or shall I make another room within the room? Or... maybe Andarien's main room should be kind of like a sitting room and then I make two rooms? Or do you want just one extra room and a sitting room?"

Which was a subtle way of asking, where they going to share the sleeping room.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Shoneah was beyond startled by Miyuki's reaction, and her face turned a bright shade of red, which made Rose and Geran both laugh softly - though they stepped into the hallway to give Shoneah and Miyuki a moment together. Geran of course had no idea what was going on, but Rose had seen and heard enough in her time with the group to have a fair idea.

"Um ..." Shoneah wasn't entirely sure how to answer Miyuki's question. "Well ... we ... really didn't discuss that far ... I would imagine ... just keep the main room as it is, maybe make it a bit bigger, and add a bedroom and maybe a closet or changing room?"

They were sleeping together - in the non-sexual sense, of course - but they still changed clothes out of each others' sight, and that was about as far as things went.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:44 pm

Letting go, Miyuki grinned and nodded, "I can do that. If I add a bedroom and Andarien moves all his things in there, I can expand the main room. I just don't want to do while there are things in there, especially if he put anything on the walls."

That was kind of strange to hear, but it made sense at the same time. Miyuki knew she probably could expand the space with stuff in it, as it was just a space, but seeing all that stuff would confuse her brain and she didn't need that.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:49 pm

Shoneah smiled and nodded, reaching up to rub the back of her neck. "And if Geran is joining us tomorrow - if he does - then I suppose it will have to be done soon?" she guessed.

That might be a slight problem. Andarien had gone into town again, and though she knew he would be back before dinner, she didn't know if that would give Miyuki enough time to do what needed to be done. Still, she knew that Andarien wouldn't mind if she moved his things for him ... though it would probably go better if he knew about the change ahead of time. Besides, what if he wanted another room as well?

"It's a pity the mirrors are just ready today," she murmured, looking at the ones that were still on the table. "Else I'd be able to contact him and tell him about this. Get him to come back sooner."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:51 pm

"I think Geran would need time to pack and we still wouldn't be leaving right away," Miyuki pointed out, "So I don't think you would need to hurry."

Especially since he had to get the okay from Kyrie and then talk to his sister and then pack.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Shoneah nodded and let out a soft sigh of relief. "All right. But since I'm about finished in here, I'll go ahead and get my room packed. Worse come to worse, I can live out of my bag until Andarien's room is ready. That way Geran can move in as soon as he's ready too. He won't have to wait on us."

She spoke confidently. She had no doubt that Geran would be allowed to accompany them - no matter how sudden the idea was.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:52 pm

"Alright," Miyuki agreed, "Honestly it won't take long, it's just moving the furniture around that's all. Anyhow I have to continue with the tour."

With that she gave one last hug to Shoneah and left the forge.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Shoneah gave Miyuki a light wave as she ran off and then set about cleaning up the forge so that she could get to work in her room.

Rose and Geran joined Miyuki again in the hallway.

"So what's next?" Geran asked curiously, stepping aside to let Miyuki lead the way again.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:04 pm

"Let's see.. next door is the wood working shop, I don't know if anyone is in there, we probably should show you the bathing rooms," Miyuki pointed to a door across the hall, "So you know how that works...."

Really, when she first put it in, and told everyone else how to use it, everyone just sort of took it for granted. Even though accessibly with water on this scale was highly unusual.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top