The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 39 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:08 pm

"Bathing rooms?" Geran blinked. "More than one?"

"Well, with close to thirty people in here, we wouldn't really do with just one," Rose pointed out; though, to be fair, she had to admit that they'd had three bathing rooms even before she and Holly had joined them - or Makaela, Tehlmar and Takari.

"And they're not like you would be used to," she added, grinning at Geran.

Geran's brow furrowed slightly in confusion.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 39 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Miyuki opened to the one that had the only bathing tub, the other two had showers instead as it was quicker and they had a number of people where showering was the best way to get clean (her included).

"It's not very big, but it has enough room to move around and have one other person if needed. There's a place for towels, and to put clothes and anything else you might need, but this is what I need to show you..."

Miyuki motioned for Geran to step in as she showed him how to activate the running water for the sink and for the bath, as well as how to drain it afterwards.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Geran was flabbergasted with the bath and the runes, but before he could ask any questions, there was a knock at the door.

"Heard you were looking for me," Kyrie said from the doorway. She still had her bag slung over her shoulders, and it looked as though she had just returned to the tent. "Daenis mentioned you had a question?"

She addressed all three of them, though her eyes continued to flicker back to Geran.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:28 pm

Miyuki glanced at Rose and Geran, "Maybe it's best if you both explain the request."

Since she was only just hearing about it today, and really it was the wish of these two to give it a go.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:43 pm

Kyrie arched one eyebrow curiously and looked at Rose and Geran. She had a feeling, considering that he seemed to be getting the grand tour, what it might be about, but she would let them explain anyways.

Rose introduced Geran and explained how they'd met and how it was to his house that she, Holly and Shiro had gone for dinner the night before. She then added that it had been at that dinner that Geran's interest in her had come out, followed by her revelation of her race, and Geran's desire to give a relationship a try anyways, if he were allowed to come along.

Kyrie was thoughtful as Rose finished her explanation and request, and her gaze fixed on Geran. Her arms were folded now, and she was leaning against the doorpost - overall, not a terribly optimistic sight for Rose and Geran.

"Any skill with weapons?" she asked Geran directly.

He blinked. "Well ... enough to hunt, anyways ... my work is more with animals than ..."

"I understand that," Kyrie cut him off. "But we are a group that tends to attract trouble and our non-fighters are really beginning to outnumber our fighters, which is not safe. So if you can help out in case of trouble, great. Otherwise, it will only be more dangerous for the rest of us if you come along."

She didn't want to be so harsh on him, but her first responsibility was to those who had hired her - and to those who truly needed her help, like Daenis and Holly had, and some of the others who had joined them.

Geran swallowed hard. "I can use a sword if I have to."

Kyrie nodded slowly. "And you need also to realize that we will likely not be returning to this country, at least for a very long time, so if you choose to return here it will either be years from now, or on your own."

Geran nodded. "Yes."

"And you will be prepared to leave tomorrow?" Kyrie pressed.

He nodded again.

Kyrie pursed her lips thoughtfully. "I'm sure you've realized by now," she said, more gently now, "that most of our group are not Light Elven, if they are even Elven at all."

This time, Geran paused. He had guessed that few of them were Light Elven, but ... many of them non-elves? Were there many more like Rose, who were simply human, or like Miyuki, who were very strange races indeed? But ultimately, did it matter?

"It makes no difference to me," he said, confident that it would be fine.

Kyrie nodded again. "Then I have one final question," she told him. "How do you like dragons?"

Geran blinked. "I'm ... afraid I don't understand ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:16 am

"Kyrie, most people have never seen a dragon, you might want to explain a bit further than that," Miyuki offered up to the older woman.

Though clearly the kitsune was a bit amused.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:25 am

Kyrie's expression was serious, but there was a slight gleam in her eye that betrayed her own amusement.

"It's simple," she told Geran. "We have, among our companions, dragons. Can you handle that, or would it be too much for you?"

"I don't see that it would be a problem," Geran ventured nervously. "I mean, they're just animals, right? And if they're with you, they must be trained-"

"Just animals?!" Uruloki exclaimed, bursting from the tattoo on Kyrie's exposed abdomen and gliding to the floor in front of her. "I'm insulted! I mean, we may be animals, but we're not JUST animals! I'll have you know we're highly intelligent, more so than most-"

"Uruloki," Kyrie interrupted him, laughing as she reached down to pick him up, "I don't think he understands that you're jesting."

Geran had jumped back when Uruloki had appeared, and his eyes were wide, his face suddenly pale.

The tiny red and gold dragon crawled up his mistress's arm and curled up across her shoulders. "Just animals," he snorted.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:35 am

Miyuki choked back a laugh, because it was kind of mean to laugh at Geran, even though one could see that coming.

"To be fair, there are not many dragons that actually stop and talk to you," Miyuki grinned at Uruloki, "And certainly not many are as nice as you are."

That was actually the truth, the way most dragons acted, it was easy to forgive most people not realizing that dragons were really intelligent and could understand anyone.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:43 am

"I know," Uruloki said loftily, even smugly. "We're picky about our company."

"You should be nicer," Rose scolded him. "You scared me and Holly when we were first told about you, too."

"I don't get many opportunities to have such fun," the dragon replied in a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

Kyrie chuckled. "Geran, Uruloki likes to surprise people with what he can do, but he would never hurt any of us, and in fact has saved our lives many times, whether through his bond with me or actually coming to our defense or flying us around. There is a second dragon in the tent as well, also a Volcano Dragon, but he is very young - still a hatchling. Again, as friendly as Uruloki - though he doesn't pull surprises like Uruloki does."

Geran nodded, finally having calmed a bit. "I ... see. Well ... I suppose I could get used to it ... I mean, it might take some time for me to - to wrap my head around it, I've never heard of any dragon that didn't just ... kill ..."

Kyrie shrugged. "Most larger dragons do. If they've never had contact with people before, or have only had bad experiences with them, it becomes instinct. But Uruloki and I have been together since he hatched, and Xipil and Shoneah have also been together since Xipil hatched. So we have no worries about either of them."

Geran nodded again, rendered speechless by all that he had taken in.

Kyrie laughed and straightened up. "Well, then, as far as I'm concerned, welcome to the group." She grinned at him. "Come by in the morning and we'll bring the tent to your house to transfer whatever furniture you might need. Anything that you can't take, we can probably have made for you."

Through the open door, more voices could be heard down the hall - others were also returning from their time in town.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:44 pm

"I think everyone else is returning," Miyuki commented as her ears twitched, "Geran, would you like to stay for dinner since you're here?"

They always made a lot anyways, preservation boxes made it easier to deal with leftovers.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Geran was still recovering from his interrogation, as well as all that he had been shown in the tent.

"Thank you," he murmured, "but if this is to be my last night with Kallie, I should have dinner with her. Then I can also get a head start on packing up my things."

"Oh, you should use my bag," Rose spoke up, nudging him towards the door. "You'll be able to fit anything you need in there, as long as it fits into the opening."

Yet again, Geran looked confused, but as Kyrie stepped out of their way, he followed Rose back out of the bathing room to get the bag in question.

Kyrie grinned, her eyes sparkling brightly. "This promises to be fun," she quipped.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:04 pm

Miyuki giggled once Geran was out of earshot, "Only because it's going to take him a while to wrap his head around things we take for granted. I didn't even get to show him the gardens yet."

Though there would be plenty of time for that she supposed, along with everything else.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:06 pm

"You do remember the fun we had with Khetal when he joined us," Kyrie reminded her, laughing at the memory of it. "And there's so much more now ..."

And it hadn't even been that long since Khetal had started to travel with them - a season and a half, no more.

"At any rate, I'm going to go put my bag away," she added, lifting it from her shoulder. As she did so, Uruloki slid back into the tattoo that camouflaged him so that he wouldn't be in the way. "Perhaps you would like to inform the others of our new companion, if Rose hasn't done so already? And then I'm sure you'd like to get a head start on preparing a room for him."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:19 pm

"Actually, I talked to Sliverbirch earlier," Miyuki replied, "She and Andarien would like to share a room, but they would require a suite. So I need talk to Andarien first to explain the plan and at least make that bedroom today so they move their stuff in there while I expand their main room."

Now that she thought about it, maybe Andarien was one of the people who had returned alright.

"Actually, I'm going to pop my head into the forge room to see if he's back and there already."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:25 pm

"All right," Kyrie nodded, smiling at the news. To be honest, she had expected something like this for a while - Shoneah had already been pretty much living in Andarien's room since Eausin, going back to her own room only to change her clothes. "I'll let them know about Geran then, if Rose hasn't. See you at dinner."

Whenever that would end up being. Probably soon-ish.

With that, she headed off.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:46 pm

As promised, Miyuki created an extra room within Andarien's room. This would serve as their bedroom, and they had also requested a second room in case the two needed a place to work without disturbing anyone. Miyuki would wait until the two moved their things into one of these two rooms before expanding the main room.

The next day, they were ready to leave, but first, they had to go pick up Geran.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:03 am

Some of the group remained inside the tent while they went to pick up Geran - Daenis, who still couldn't stand the near-equatorial heat; Iorlas and Amir, to keep Daenis company; Cael, who said he had a project he wanted to complete; and Andarien and Shoneah, who were still resting after a long night of setting up the new bedroom and moving all their things into their second new room so that Miyuki could expand the main room.

Everyone made sure to bid Makaela's parents a fond farewell and thanks before they left, each and every one of them once again looking like a Light Elf, except for Kyrie of course.

Since Rose, Holly and Shiro were the ones who knew the way to Geran's house, it was the three of them who led the others. It was Kallie who answered the door when they knocked.

"Wow, there really are a lot of you," she laughed when she saw them all. She stepped back and pulled the door wider. "Come on in. Geran is just finishing getting his things together. Rose, I don't know what you did to that bag of yours, but I have never seen so many things disappear together like that."

Rose giggled. "That's thanks to Miyuki, actually," she said, indicating the disguised kitsune.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:07 am

Miyuki chuckled at this, "One of the first tricks I ever learned."

It was pretty much a Winters staple to have an endless bag of some sort.

"And very useful for traveling if you need to live out of your bag."

Not that anyone has had to in a long while.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

"The tent we travel in operates on a similar principle," Lancaeriel added with a smile. "That's about the only way we can all travel together safely."

Kallie laughed. "I can imagine so! Geran told me a bit about it last night while he was packing." She paused, then looked over her shoulder. "He ... said something about bringing some furniture ..."

Daeron, who had the tent packed away in his bag, nodded. "I'll help him with that," he said. "If you could just point the way ..."

"I'll come," Rose volunteered, ducking between Shiro and Kallie so that she could lead the way. "I know where it is."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:58 pm

"Do you need anymore hands to help with that?" Miyuki asked.

Even though she wasn't sure how she could help, she would like to help if she could.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:02 am

"Nope, all good," Daeron called back over his shoulder as he disappeared after Rose into another room.

"So I have to ask," Kallie said, looking around curiously at everyone. "How many of you aren't actually Light Elven?"

Smiles broke out and most hands went up.

"Part," Lancaeriel offered, her eyes sparkling.

"Me, too, part," Wren nodded, grinning.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:20 pm

Lin chuckled at everyone's response, "We're quite an interesting collection of people."

It was true, they were quite a mix actually.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:28 pm

"I'll say," Kallie laughed, her eyes sparkling. "Wow. I mean, Geran told me a bit, and Rose and Holly and Shiro had some stories, but ... wow."

"I find it interesting that you're so willing to let Geran leave so easily," Kaito commented, more tactful than was usual for him.

Kallie shrugged one shoulder. "He's sixty-seven years old. Sure, I raised him, but he's not my son. And even if he were, he's not a child, and he deserves the chance to be happy with whomever he chooses. Who am I to stop him? I'll miss him, certainly, but I'm not selfish."

At least, she tried not to be.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Lin nodded, Geran was far past adulthood to ever be considered too young to decide for himself what he wanted.

"Do you have any questions for us then? While we're waiting?" Lin inquired.

Even if they were not related by blood, they were family so it was only fair.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:59 pm

"Yes," Kallie nodded without hesitation. "Your names. And what races are all of you? I know you can't show me, but I'm dying of curiosity, just to know."

With a chuckle, someone started the introductions, including name, race, and relationships between them all. For the sake of being thorough, they also named those who had remained inside the tent. By the time they were finished with the introductions - there were a lot of them by now, more so than ever before - Daeron, Rose and Geran were back, having finished with bringing Geran's things inside the tent.

"Set?" Kyrie asked as they entered the room.

Geran nodded. "I have everything I need," he affirmed.

He bid Kallie a very fond farewell, and she wouldn't let him go without a hug - and quite the bear hug, truth be told - and when they left, there were tears in her eyes, though she was smiling bravely.

And so they left.

"So, Kyrie," Earendil spoke up as they left the town behind, "what's the plan?"

Kyrie looked thoughtful. "Well," she mused, "seeing as Winter is nearly over, I thought we would head back to Eaulir, find Killian and let him know what happened, and then start our trek north. We could be through Poleria before Stirring is out, and then back to Shiezin for a proper rest, spend some time with Ahkshi - not nearly as much as last time, don't worry - and then plan a bit more from there."

They would have to spend more time hunting for furs again, seeing as Rose and Holly were no longer the only ones who would need to get some good, warm clothes for when they traveled north again: Makaela, Tehlmar and Takari would all need new wardrobes suitable for cold weather, and then there were four babies to prepare for.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next