The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 40 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

"I'm not sure how much time you spent in the country of Shiezin last," Holly spoke up, "But feel free to stay a while, it'll take a while to prepare everything. I recommend for basic clothing to go to a tailor or seamstress, especially if they have a workshop of a few apprentices, it'll make the clothing making part quicker."

She should know, Holly had use to delegate basic clothing to her apprentices that she trusted to make things go faster.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A - Page 40 Empty Re: Hunting Through Keliac - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:16 pm

Had Shoneah been outside, she would have commented on the pleasant disposition of the tailors in Shiezin, especially compared to the other places they'd seen.

"What is in Shiezin?" Makaela asked curiously.

Kyrie smiled softly. "My husband, Ahkshi. I know, I don't speak of him often, but believe me when I tell you that it does not mean that I love him any less than I did the day we were married. Whether fortunate or unfortunate, I am destined to spend my life traveling, and he is a healer - physician, I should say - so he can't leave home."

"Part of Kyrie's payment for being our guide around Arkandia is that if she needs to stop somewhere for whatever reason, we do it," Earendil explained to the newest members of the group. Probably half of them weren't aware of the deal they'd made with their guide. "Whether to help people or to spend time with members of her family, since they're spread across the continent and she doesn't get to see them often."

Kyrie grinned. "I have no need for coin, what can I say?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:35 pm

"And it suits us well too," Miyuki nodded, "Besides, we can't really say no to people in need if there's something we can do."

It wasn't like Kyrie was doing this alone, in the last several incidents they were tangled up in, it was also because they couldn't say no.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Makaela smiled. "Well, I can't complain about that," she murmured. "It is, after all, the reason why you're taking the three of us with you. And we are very grateful," she added, "despite ... the circumstances."

They had killed her husband, after all. She hid her sadness well, but there was no changing the facts. After all, that, too, had been part of helping those in need.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Lin nodded at this, and looked a bit sad, "Yes, but I do hope you'll find the kind of life you're hoping for. It'll be a while before we see Caras Galadhon, but until then..."

"The tent will be home, and we'll be there if you need us," Miyuki added with a smile.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:20 pm

"And I still have my daughter," Makaela smiled warmly. "And soon enough - probably sooner than I'm ready for - I shall be a grandmother, and that is all the life I could ask for." She laughed.

Takari looked just a little sad, but like her mother, she could smile through it. She had grown up without her father, for the most part, and since she'd been terrified of him for years just for speaking with Tehlmar, she wasn't too down.

"I'm just looking forward to being free," she murmured.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:44 pm

"And you're not now?" Miyuki asked Takari softly.

Or maybe she wouldn't feel at ease until they were out of the country.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:59 pm

Takari hesitated a moment, then looked at her husband and reached for his hand.

"In a way, yes," she replied, "but ... not fully. Even now, though we are together, Tehlmar cannot be himself."

Tehlmar reached up and ran his fingers through his magically-blond hair.

"Just wait until tonight," Lancaeriel promised the two of them. "Once we go in the tent for tonight it should be safe to look like ourselves again for the remainder of the journey." She looked to Kyrie for confirmation.

Kyrie nodded. "As long as we're not planning to stop in any more towns where Makaela would be known, there should be no problems," she agreed. "After all, the only reason we had to disguise everyone in Saldalien was to protect Makaela and you two from persecution."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:15 pm

"That'll be good," Lin murmured, "While it's good to know we can be disguised, it'll be nice for all of us to be ourselves."

She missed her wings, and it always felt weird when she had to retract them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:55 pm

"No arguing with that," Kaito muttered.

As anxious as he had been to be disguised properly so that he could enjoy the town, he missed his wings.

Rather than stopping and opening the tent at lunch, which would have put them only a few miles from the town, they waited until they stopped for the evening, at which point they set up the tent and activated the runes - after Lancaeriel had added Geran's blood to the array - before heading in for the night. There, Geran was given a drop of Uruloki's blood to give him the gift of languages, and some of the group helped him out setting up his room while a few of the women prepared dinner - not that there was much left to do, as Shoneah had helped Daenis while they'd been inside for the afternoon.

From there, they simply continued on their way back to Eaulir to tell Killian and the other Water Elves what had happened to their people.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40