A Return to Eaulir - 119 4A

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Return to Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:02 pm

"Welcome back Kyrie," Miyuki greeted the older woman, "Do you want me to take the bird while you talk to Killian?"

That way at least Kyrie had her hands free and Killian didn't have to wait.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Kyrie nodded and held it out to Miyuki by the feet. "Just hang it upside down from a tree and let it drain," she instructed her. "That's about all it needs for the moment."

It was still morning, so there would be time to prepare it for dinner that night, and it was a big enough bird that it would feed them all - only for one meal, but a good catch nonetheless.

Suddenly she checked herself. "Wait, is that Ryo?" she beamed, leaning forward to get a better look at the newly-evolved Vaporeon. "Adorable! How did this happen?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:26 pm

The berries had helped a lot, and Ryo was well enough to get off of Miyuki's lap and preen in front of Kyrie. As he hadn't yet celebrated the fact he evolved.

"Andarien and I were having a Pokemon battle," Miyuki explained as she got up and took the bird from Kyrie, "Ryo evolved during it, while he was in the water. I'll be back... be good."

The last part was to her Pokemon as she went off to hang the bird.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Kyrie spoke with Killian about what they had discovered in Eausin, their trip to Keliac and the results of it, and Killian returned home to let his family know.

There was still work to do before they could leave Eaulir. Wren and Khetal found the plants they wanted, with help from some of the others, and transplanted them into the gardens: plants like cacao, coffee, various herbs and spices, including cinnamon, ginger, and more. Some of the hunters took advantage of the time to fill their storage with as much meat as they could hunt. Rose tried to help Holly and Iorlas with the winter clothes that the newest members of the group would need. Of course, clothes for six - Rose, Holly, Geran, Makaela, Tehlmar and Takari - needed more than just a week or so, but it was enough to get a start.

Others were busy, too, doing their own things. The only time everyone was together - and that not all the time - was for meals. As often as not, days would go by with some members of the group not speaking with others - not out of rudeness, but simply because they didn't see them.

A few days after Kyrie's talk with Killian, the Water Elf showed up at the tent and requested to join them: but the group had discussed the idea already and turned it down, so Kyrie had taken it upon herself to let him down as gently but as firmly as possible.

This was a day like any other, about two and a half weeks after the group had returned to their beach position, but Kyrie was in search of Holly. Being as things had changed - Holly being courted by Shiro now - she wasn't sure where Holly would be, but she decided to first try in the seamstress's workshop.

She knocked on the doorframe before sliding the door open and peering inside. "Hello, Holly here?" she asked with a smile.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:06 am

Miyuki had asked her Uncle Dareon for more bento boxes for her to runed, the original number was meant for the original group and with people busy working and possibly missing meals she would like to make sure everyone had a hot meal when they were ready to take a break.

She also took time out along side her mother to help with the plants, as the more who worked the garden, the faster they could finish.

Holly had been holed up in her workshop when she wasn't taking time out to sew in Shiro's lab. Today she was putting the finishing touches on his vest, before going back to work on more clothes (and hopefully the repairs to Rose's cloak). While Holly appreciated the time it took to hand sew everything, she also appreciated Gaian technology because there never seemed to be enough hours to do any sort of decorations. Especially since there were more serious work such as the winter clothes.

Hearing Kyrie at the door, the neko stretched and put the vest aside, "I'm here, come on in. I just finished."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:10 am

Kyrie grinned and stepped inside. "Finished what?" she asked curiously. "If I may ask. Surely not the winter clothes already ..."

Though if that were the case, that would be fantastic. She wanted them to be as prepared as possible before they headed north again.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:16 am

Holly chuckled, "No, now wouldn't that be grand if I was? It'll take a while to finish winter clothes, especially outwear, soft leather and furs would be best, and that takes time to process..."

They would all have to be treated and preserved properly, especially skins to make leather. Everything else she could manage, though Holly suspected she would need to purchase more supplies to make it all possible.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:25 am

"Ah." Kyrie's smile faltered ever so slightly. "I was actually going to ask you about them. The winter clothes, I mean. Until there's something for you southerners to wear, we can't continue our journey unless the weather grows warmer. Our next stop is Poleria and as warm as it is here, it will barely be Stirring when we arrive, and there will be snow."

She hesitated a moment, then ran her fingers through her hair. "Unless you all stay inside when we get that far, but ... ask Daenis. That's no fun."

Suddenly she realized how that sounded. "I'm sorry," she apologized quickly. "I don't want to put any pressure on you ..."

But at the same time, they were kind of waiting on the warm clothes.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:34 am

"The problem really is material, everything has been made to be light. Granted, my preferred set of clothing has always been impractical for tropical environments, so a good coat, not a cloak, but a coat will do me fine. And honestly, if it weren't for the fact everyone's who lives in these areas had really light material clothing, a coat, boots, hat and gloves would be all you need from the sounds of it," Holly admitted.

She actually roasted in some of her preferred clothing around these parts, so she could find the right layers. Mori style lent itself well for layers so she could manage something, but not Rose and the others.

"I mean... I can do that, and we would all be able to travel, but just not travel for long periods of time outside unless they layered their clothing, which people don't do here. I taught Iorlas how to knit, so we can make mittens for those who cannot fight, along with scarfs, and hats to help everyone keep warm in the meantime. It's not a perfect solution, especially for those who were born in this climate and have never experienced anything else, but it's do-able."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:41 am

Kyrie wasn't entirely sure she followed all of that - she didn't know much about clothes, and didn't need to worry about keeping warm - but it did leave her with one question.

"Would it be easier," she said thoughtfully, "to simply give them boots, gloves, and fur-lined cloaks, and then have clothes made for them in a city where they have several people to work on it at the same time. I know it's a lot of work for you and Iorlas is still learning, so she's not ... the best help ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:47 am

Holly nodded, "It would be much easier, even if Iorlas was a master, it's just the nature of doing everything by hand. Especially if you're making several sets of clothes, and you need to take into account that Takari is pregnant.... and we have several expecting mothers traveling with us... adjustments will have to be made to their clothing... and there are babies coming eventually..."

So really, they kind of needed more clothing than that. She understood Daenis would be fine, but Iorlas would eventually need a few maternity pieces of clothing to make room for that belly.

"On the bright side," Holly added with a bit of an amused look, "I forgot I actually have clothes that are better suited for colder weather, I made because I was home sick but I don't get to wear them, because it's too hot here. So.. I won't need that many additions to my closet."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:01 am

"That's true," Kyrie murmured thoughtfully. "I have to admit, I hadn't been thinking too much about the babies coming ... though really Daenis and Takari are the only ones who might give birth before we get back to Shiezin. Either way, you are right - we will need more clothes than I expected."

She fell silent, and her eyes flickered to the hallway.

"I think we'll plan on leaving early next week, then," she decided. "Give people a chance to finish up things they're trying to finish before we go, get in what time they can in the water if they want."

She couldn't speak for everyone, after all, but there were some who were asking her about when they were gong to leave.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:06 am

"And I'll see about working on the cloaks, the gloves I can do... but I'll need help with boots. I can make, makeshift boots in theory, but you'll need a proper cobbler, shoes and general clothing are two different things..." Holly murmured.

She wondered, did she have any heavy red fabric? Holly's own cloak, while a cloak wasn't meant for winter, but a new red one would be nice. She would have to check.

"I'll start on the cloaks, if at least we have that..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:14 am

"That would be better than nothing," Kyrie agreed. "Thank you."

She smiled, a little ruefully. "I think there are a few people who are eager to ... ah ..." She coughed. "... leave ... a certain someone ... behind."

Though his visits were far less regular since he had been told without question that he would not be joining the group, Killian did still pop in now and again, and he was still the same as ever.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:17 am

Holly couldn't help but laugh at this, because she completely understood.

"I don't blame them, he's impossible," she admitted.

And clearly he never continued to give much thought about what Miyuki said when she pointed out that he always went for the women.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:23 am

Kyrie chuckled and shrugged. "Well, there's got to be someone like that in every culture," she grinned. "Anyways, I'll let you get back to it. Do you need anything?"

It wasn't like she had any real work to do, other than to start planning their next route.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:53 am

Holly thought about it, "Not that I can think of, I think I'll be fine."

At least nothing that they could get at the moment and Holly was patience (most of the time).

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:07 am

So Kyrie informed everyone of the date of their expected departure, and the plans began in earnest.

"Pity we don't have a boat," she lamented with a smile as they packed up the tent. "It will be simple enough to fly over the bay, but of course we could see more from a boat."

Earendil blinked at her. "You're not serious, are you?" he asked, a little shocked. "Walking, it would be about four weeks - rowing, three or four times longer!"

Kyrie burst into laughter. "No, of course not," she chortled, "but in all honesty, it would be a sight. I've done it once before."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:12 pm

"I'd imagine it would be quite a sight, and it would be fun to fly over the bay if you weren't riding," Lin commented.

Mainly because she and the others who could fly wouldn't fly as high as say a dragon carrying people. Only because they could do so.

"So which way and how are we traveling? Since you mentioned flying," Holly inquired.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:24 pm

"Well, I suppose it depends on how quickly we want to get there," Kyrie shrugged. "I had thought we would walk north, to the other coast of Eaulir, and then from there fly across the bay to Poleria. Or if we're in a terrible hurry, we could fly from here. It would mean, though, that most of the group would have to wait inside the tent until we arrived. So I leave it to all of you."

"How far a walk is it to the other coast?" Takari asked hesitantly. As one of the two most pregnant women, and the only one even interested in walking, she did have a limit as to how much she could handle.

"We should be there by nightfall, tomorrow," Kyrie replied. "Not terribly far."

Takari hesitated again. "Would it be faster if I were to remain inside?" she asked.

Before Kyrie could reply, Andarien spoke up. "If you get tired," he offered, "you could always ride on Dash. He wouldn't mind."

"In that case it would make no difference," Kyrie smiled. She looked around at the rest of the group. "Are we in a hurry?" she asked them.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:26 pm

Lin shook her head, "We generally never are. I think we can handle walking."

There was no reason to hurry, as there were no emergencies unlike before.

"I'm up walking to our next spot," Miyuki agreed.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:39 pm

The rest of the group agreed, and so they headed off.

The journey itself was rather uneventful, but Earendil was curious about one thing, so he told Lin he was going to ask Kyrie something and asked if she wanted to come, too.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:51 pm

Lin agreed to come along with Earendil, mainly because she was curious about what he was curious about. There were a lot of curious things, but who knew what Earendil was thinking of.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:00 pm

Kyrie wasn't surprised when Earendil and Lin approached her - of all the group, Earendil was the one who was always the most interested in their paths of travel and their destinations.

And, indeed, that was what his question was about.

"From the maps you've shown me," he began, "Poleria seems a large country. It starts down by Keliac, which we've already seen, and that's tropical ... but it also goes all the way up to Jielam, doesn't it?"

"It does," Kyrie agreed. "And it curves around the bay to Dolerum as well, and borders Shiezin and Wolsic."

"Big country," Earendil nodded. "But I'm just curious ... you seem to have a specific destination in mind. Not just to see the country in general, but a specific place. Where?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:06 pm

It had never occurred to Lin that Kyrie might have a specific destination in mind, so she listened to what the two had to say.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top