A Return to Eaulir - 119 4A

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Return to Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:19 pm

Kyrie chuckled softly. "Guilty," she grinned. "I don't know if you recall, but when I was young, I spent a few years in Poleria as a medical test subject. After my time in Jielam, I returned and destroyed the facility. From time to time, I go back just to make sure that they haven't started up their experiments again. They did try it a few more times. But it's been over two centuries since I've been there, and I ... just need to check."

Earendil nodded thoughtfully. "I had wondered as much," he admitted. "Do you think they might have rebuilt it?"

"Honest answer?" Kyrie sighed. "I would be surprised if they hadn't. If any of the countries around them decided to extend their borders to the bay, the humans wouldn't have much hope of defending themselves militarily. If they could somehow disperse a poison that they had an antidote for ..."

She shrugged and let the implication hang.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:26 pm

Lin nodded, she could see that, "Well, it wouldn't be the first time a country decided to mess with chemical or biological warfare. I have to admit, using people as test subjects sounds quite unnerving..."

But with the lack of trust between races and countries, she could (unfortunately) understand why.

"Understandable, is there anything we should go before heading there?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:29 pm

"Just remember that our greatest chance of passing through the country safely will depend on us appearing to be human," Kyrie replied simply. "We'll need a story of some kind for people we pass - traveling performers or something."

Suddenly she laughed. "This is so different from how it usually is. I'm so used to being alone. It's so much simpler to pass through unnoticed when you're only one person."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:32 pm

"I can imagine, and I know those of us who are from the Four Lands have said this at least a few times since coming here, but I don't think we'll ever take for granted a cold shoulder from someone who doesn't approve of us again," Lin replied in turn.

Honestly it made some of the heartache Miyuki went through as a child like such a small thing now.

"I'd recommend asking both Miyuki and Shiro, Shiro just collects so many interesting facts, he might have some ideas for a story and Miyuki does stories now these days when she's not working on one of her projects. So at one point do we need to start disguising ourselves as human?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:39 pm

"We also have several musicians, so we could go with that," Kyrie agreed. "At any rate, we'll probably have to begin disguising ourselves the moment we arrive on Poleria's shores. And make sure that we land somewhere away from prying eyes, we don't want to have to ... deal with anyone who might give us away."

It could very well be their lives if anyone knew about them who wasn't a part of their group.

Earendil sighed. "This is starting to sound like a recurring theme."

"Only in certain countries," Kyrie assured him. "After this, there are only a few others where we would have to be disguised."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:52 pm

"Look at it this way, at least we have the opinion of being disguised, could you imagine what this travel would be like if we couldn't?" Lin asked her husband.

If it weren't for Lancerieal and Cael, this would have been a much harder trip.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:07 pm

"We would be spending a lot more time inside the tent," Earendil added with a chuckle. "Though that would completely negate the point of traveling."

"I have to say," Kyrie murmured, "when I agreed to travel with all of you ... especially once I had met Lancaeriel ... I never thought it would end up being so much fun." Her dark eyes sparkled. "I don't think I've ever enjoyed traveling so much. Of course, I am still looking forward to going back to Ahkshi, but ... perhaps a little less desperately than usual."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:25 pm

"It's certainly been an interesting trip, and not just because we have been able to see all these countries," Lin admitted with a chuckle.

So many different places and new people, and now that Lin thought about it, an unusual about of Gaians. In the Four Lands there was only one Gaian they were aware about and that was her grandfather. Was there perhaps others that they didn't know about, or was this continent special?

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:33 pm

"We've certainly met quite an assortment of people," Earendil agreed. "And situations, for that matter. I do have to say, however, that despite some of the more ... questionable situations we've gotten ourselves into ..." He pointed at the scars on his face. "... there is one happening that I must admit I'm greatly thankful for."

He glanced over his shoulder to where Andarien and Shoneah were walking together, just in time to see Shoneah laugh at something Andarien had said.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:38 pm

Lin also took a glance and smiled, "Yes, there most certainly is."

It was amazing to see the kind of relationships developing around them.

"I'm glad they are both happy."

Sliverbirch was also a bit touch and go for a moment with her homesickness.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:52 pm

"I have to admit," Kyrie chuckled, "it's honestly the last thing I would have expected from those two."

After all, for the first long while after they'd met, Andarien had been terrified of Shoneah, and she had also been rather wary of him.

"I just hope Miyuki doesn't end up feeling left out, what with all the relationships coming out of this venture," Earendil frowned slightly. "I know that for the moment, she's ... well, happy with her work, but I do fear that she might someday want something more."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Lin hoped so too, but for different reasons. There was more to life than finding a partner, even though it didn't seem like it with so many people entering into a relationship.

"It's hard to tell at this point," Lin replied, "She is sort of distracted by her work, and her learning... and more of her work."

Miyuki had been talking about waterfalls and rice paddies, so clearly she as distracted with other things.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:31 pm

Earendil chuckled. "She works too much. Almost as bad as Shiro. Or even Lancaeriel, before she found Cael back."

"Now, now," Kyrie grinned, "she does make sure to take breaks and do other fun things. I don't think her Pokemon would let her work herself that hard."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:43 pm

"She does have a wider variety of hobbies," Lin admitted.

Even if those hobbies meant more work in the long run. Though it made her wonder what Miyuki was up to at the moment.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:56 pm

Their conversation turned to other things, and the remainder of their trip to the north shore of the country was uneventful.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top