A Return to Eaulir - 119 4A

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Return to Eaulir - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:05 pm

Miyuki chuckled a bit as she took a seat beside Killian, "Nice try, but even know I haven't known you for a long while, I know you enough to know you went just for Sliverbirch, ignored my brother and probably attempted to hug her or put your arm around her even though she probably has told you not to do that."

For that, she didn't feel that sorry for Killian at all.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:15 pm

"I did not," Killian sniffed haughtily. "I first spoke with Rose and Holly. And Shiro. Sort of."

Grinning, Rose dragged Geran over and sat down on the other side of Miyuki. "Miyuki, you're exactly right. Of course, he first tried flirting with me and Holly, and then Shiro told him off, and then when your brother and Silverbirch came back he went straight for her and she just wouldn't play his game."

Killian pouted. "She said she had work to do but then right away when that boyfriend of hers says let's battle she's all for it."

"Don't pity him, Miyuki," Shiro called from where he and Holly were still sitting. "He's already been informed as to why his mannerisms are not to our taste."
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:24 pm

"Can I ask you a question?" Miyuki asked suddenly out of the blue.

It was a bit odd, it was rare Miyuki's mind did such a quick turn around like that, but sometimes things came to mind and she had to get it out.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Killian blinked, even more surprised now than when she had joined him.

"Um ... sure?" he agreed hesitantly.

This was a new experience for him.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:33 pm

"Why can't you talk to anyone normally, much less anyone who is female?" Miyuki asked, "I mean... you're not stupid, you must know it's highly inappropriate to intimately flirt with any girl even if she was single. Really, if we were in a city and not in the middle of nowhere traveling in a large group, you doing that to a girl is kind of creepy by some people's standards."

Miyuki didn't mention for many other reasons, as her views were the result of private conversations she had with her mother when she reached her 'teen' stage. Her mother made it very clear what a man was not allowed to do, and that Miyuki had every right to fight back if she said no and he kept going. Miyuki wasn't sure what made her mother have that conversation with her, but she understood that to some people, what Killian was doing would be very uncomfortable.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Killian half-frowned, half-grinned. "Is that what you call it?" he questioned in return. He leaned closer to her. "Let me ask you something. Who defines what's normal? People who do things the same way all the time? Have the same conversations over and over about the same things? What's wrong with being friendly? Change things up a bit. Be different. Be interesting."

"Be rude," Kaito muttered under his breath.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:02 am

Miyuki laughed at Killian as if his logic was flawed, and it was to her. Though she would admit, she chose a poor choice in words. And honestly she didn't know if anyone had simply told Killian no.

"Right... and is there a reason why you're only 'friendly' with women?" Miyuki inquired, "Don't lie, you wouldn't have given Shiro or Kaito the time of day unless they said something. I bet you ignored Geran when you were talking to Rose and Rose already confirmed you pretty much ignored my brother."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:09 am

Killian opened his mouth and took a breath to reply, but as suddenly as he did so, he fell completely silent. He closed his mouth again and looked very thoughtful.

"Do you know," he said slowly, gazing out over the ocean, "I don't believe I'd ever considered that aspect of it. I just ... find it easier, I guess."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:56 am

"Huh... I wouldn't have thought of it that way, but I can see that," Miyuki admitted, "I ask because when you talk to just women like that, it sounds like you're just here to flirt with people and not really to be their friend or to get to know them."

Miyuki sort of suspected that Killian didn't really mean to flirt with people, at least not in the way most would take his flirting.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:03 am

Killian frowned. "I'm afraid I really don't understand," he said darkly. "There's a problem with being happy to see people?"

Cheerful and eager - what was the problem with that? Now, if he were in the habit of greeting people with insults rather than compliments, then he would understand what the problem was.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:13 am

"Killian...." Miyuki softly replied, "You sound like you're happy to cuddle and be intimate with people than happy to see them. Especially because you greet only the women and no one else."

Miyuki had to admit, it sounded like Andarien had more social skills than Killian and that was kind of saying something.

"You also don't respect people's personal space, don't get me wrong. I love hugging people who I haven't seen in a while, but they're friends I've known for a while or my family. I wouldn't do that to a stranger or someone who I met only for a few days. Cause... I don't really know them and it might make them feel uncomfortable, or they may not like it."

She paused and realized she might not be getting it across to him, because he was just being really friendly and eager.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, you don't act like a friend, you act like someone who wants to court everyone."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:34 am

"I most certainly do not," Killian retorted, hurt. "I assure you, if that were the case, I would certainly not treat everyone the same way. The focus of my attentions would be treated in a special and unique manner, I promise you."

If he'd had pockets in the cloth wrapped around his waist, he would have put his hands in them; as it was, he just folded his arms across his chest and glowered out over the ocean.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Correction, Miyuki couldn't help but think, her little brother had far superior social skills and observation skills. She did feel sorry for Killian.

"I wish you all the well then when you find that person," Miyuki replied dropping the subject.

Because it wasn't worth arguing with someone who was socially inept, or illogical.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:42 pm

She was saved having to prolong the conversation by Shoneah and Andarien's return. Xipil was in Shoneah's arms and Zeus and Eon were trotting along behind them. As they emerged from the tent, Andarien pulled his red-and-white Pok├ęball from his pocket and released Ponydash with a flash of red light.

"We're ready!" Andarien called out brightly to Miyuki.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:57 pm

"Excellent," Miyuki smiled as she got up and brushed off the sand from her skirt.

Making her way over to her brother, she noticed that Ryo was more interested in pouncing around the water's edge.

"Come on Ryo! Might as well try your paw at this."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:05 pm

"So how should we do this?" Andarien asked as they headed towards an open area. "Partner them up for one-on-one battles? Group battle?"

His attention was on Miyuki, and Zeus, always playful (and looking for a play fight), ran for his littlest brother and pounced on him from behind, sending them both tumbling into the shallowest water.

Shoneah laughed and knelt down to let Xipil down on the ground.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:13 pm

"I think a double battle," Miyuki replied, "And I would like to pair Ryo up with Suki as she's least likely to over shadow him on the field."

Yasu yipped in agreement because the poor guy, no matter how hard he tried, would tend to go a bit overboard, but that's what happens when one was a fire Pokemon. So there was no way he could be paired up with Ryo.

Ryo tumbled back into the water and yipped in protest. He shook his body, causing droplets of water to go everywhere.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Andarien nodded thoughtfully. "I think ..." He looked over at his Pokemon. "Well ... Eon and Zeus always practice together, and Dash and Xipil both use fire ..."

They would make an excellent fire type team (to put Xipil in Pokemon terms), and he couldn't see how that might give Miyuki's Pokemon an edge. On the other hand, it might give Zeus and Eon better practice if they were split up.

"I think Eon and Xipil maybe should team up," he decided. "Zeus and Ponydash can do with some training together, I think."

"I think Eon and Xipil should get used to working together," Shoneah agreed. "They are the ones we travel with the most, after all."

Zeus snickered at his little brother and pranced a bit, splashing water into Ryo's face before turning on his heel and scampering up towards his master.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:38 pm

Ryo growled at Zeus before chasing after his brother. Going for the elder's ankles because he was still kind of small.

"That sounds like a good plan," Miyuki replied just in time to see Ryo barrel into Zeus' legs, "And still pestering the siblings I see..."

Zeus was always the one who liked to bother his siblings she found.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Andarien looked over his shoulder just in time to see Zeus go down in the sand and chuckled softly.

"Zeus always picks on the others somehow or other," he grinned. "But it's never serious."

That didn't mean the Jolteon wasn't vindictive, however - even if only playfully. He got his feet back under himself quickly and headbutted Ryo back into the water. His fur was beginning to stand on end as friction built up from his actions.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:03 pm

Ryo landed in the water with a splash, and once more brought himself to his feet trying to shake off the excess water.

"Come on you two, over here!" Miyuki called out.

Besides, she noticed the way Zeus' fur was sticking up and even if it was a static shock, she would rather it not happen while Ryo was in the water.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:13 pm

Andarien gave a sharp whistle, and Zeus scrambled away from the water towards his master. Eon and Ponydash were already standing next to Andarien, and Xipil was sitting quietly between the Rapidash's front hooves.

"Should we move away from the water?" Shoneah asked, gesturing towards the open each closer to the trees.

"Nah," Andarien replied with a shake of his head. "It's good for Dash to have more of a challenge. Might not always be able to count on him using fire."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:27 pm

"So Dash and Zeus to start off with, against Suki and Ryo?" Miyuki inquired.

Ryo shook of the water once more as he went to join his mistress. Suki bounced around at Miyuki's feet, eager for the challenge.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:32 pm

Andarien thought about it for a second. He didn't just want Miyuki to dictate how he was going to battle his Pokemon, after all. He wanted it to be his decision. But the more he thought about it, the more he realized that she had a point. Eon and Xipil got the most exercise of any of his and Shoneah's animal companions, and Zeus and Ponydash - especially Dash! - hardly got the chance at all.

Besides, Zeus really needed to be more disciplined.

He nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good. Eon, Xipil, you stay here until we tell you to switch in."

Eon sat obediently at Andarien's feet, and Xipil climbed up Shoneah's body again to curl once more in her arms. Dash stepped forward and pawed eagerly at the sand beneath his hooves, while Zeus rolled in the sand, building up more friction, before standing next to Dash, taking a ready stance.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:43 am

"Ready you two?" Miyuki asked.

Suki chirped and got into a proper stance, though she was still bouncing like a boxer ready to spring into action. Ryu readied himself to spring into action.

"Call the start of it for us Sliverbirch?" Miyuki requested.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top