The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A - Page 5 Empty Re: Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:31 pm

"Well, Miyuki, why don't you worry about your rice paddy and let Cael and I work on the ... ah ... farm," Lancaeriel suggested, smiling bemusedly. "Let this be the start of the delegating we were discussing earlier."

"And don't worry about too much until we reach Shiezin again," Daeron cautioned them. "That's when we'll be able to get whatever materials we'll need, and have the time to put it all together before we move on again."

"And until then?" Cael asked, looking over at Daeron.

He just grinned. "Someone mentioned more bathing rooms ... and if no one has any objections, I have a suggestion for at least one of them."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A - Page 5 Empty Re: Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:14 pm

"Oh?" Miyuki inquired.

She wondered what her uncle was thinking as for the bathing rooms.

"What were you thinking?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:25 pm

"Well, I have to admit," her uncle said, sounding a bit sheepish but grinning nonetheless, "the bathing rooms back home were rather nice."

"We really don't need tubs that large," Earendil chuckled, amused by the idea. "Honestly."

"You have to admit, it would make for nicer soaking," Wren mused.

Cael grinned and put one arm around his wife's shoulders. "And from what I hear, you could fit more than one person at a time in those," he winked. "That means less competition to use them!"

Lancaeriel giggled and lifted her husband's arm from around her, and there was the faintest hint of a blush in her cheeks. "Let me finish my dinner," she chided him gently, making no other comment about quip.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:42 pm

"Hey Miyuki," Holly glanced over at the kitsune, "Since the tent's insides were based off of Japanese design. Are you familiar of hot springs?"

Of course the former anime geek would suddenly think about something like that. She had never seen the bathing rooms at Dareon's home but...

Miyuki blinked once, twice and then grinned, "Yes I have... and if these ones are just used for soaking sore muscles then yes... yes I think it can be done."

"I don't think I've ever been to a hot spring," Lin murmured thoughtfully.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:48 pm

"Hot spring?" Kyrie asked, glancing at the Gaians. "I know what they are, but I have the feeling you're referring to them in a way other than what I'm familiar with."

Shiro chuckled. "That's something I don't think I'd mind, honestly, but ... I think that might have to be in addition to more bathing rooms."

Kaito wasn't too impressed with the idea. "Rather have a sauna," he mumbled under his breath, jabbing at his food.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:56 pm

"You just don't like large bodies of water," Holly replied cattily, "There are places in Gaia where buildings or establishments are built up around hot springs that can safely have people soak in them. It's often surrounded by a garden, traditionally a bamboo garden."

"It's also traditionally separated by gender," Miyuki added with a bit of amusement, "It's supposed to be a place to relax mainly."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:02 am

"That's it." Cael clapped his hands together and turned to his wife. "I'm adding a bathing room to our rooms."

"We're running out of wall space," she pointed out, amused by his childish insistence.

"Well, we can fix that, too," he said stubbornly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:27 pm

"You are?" Miyuki was surprised because their place was quite spacious so it was hard to imagine them running out of wall space.

"I'm actually surprised Cael hasn't decided to do that sooner," Lin admitted wryly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:32 pm

"Hadn't thought of it," Cael admitted to Lin, a note of shame in his voice.

Lancaeriel smiled at Miyuki. "We've added a nursery," she explained softly. "We've no need of it yet, but ... we've decided to try again." What she didn't add, but what those who knew her story might surmise, was: and do it right this time.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Lin tried her best not to laugh at Cael, he sounded disappointed in himself, which was an amusing thought.

"Ah... that's wonderful," Miyuki replied with a smile, "It's going to be quite busy, should we also have a playroom, or is the foyer fine as it is?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:46 pm

"I think a playroom would be a wise idea, perhaps an open concept from the foyer like the previous one was," Lancaeriel suggested. "If there are going to be little ones wandering about, it would be best to keep them away from the door, I think. Perhaps a low gate or something so they couldn't wander out?"

"I like that idea," Daenis spoke up, brightening. "A nice, big room?"

"Only if Miyuki doesn't add it to her ever-growing list," Cael grinned.

That also drew a few chuckles, but then dinner was over and those who weren't helping to clean up headed back to their rooms for the night.

When morning came and breakfast was finished, Kyrie announced that anyone who wanted to travel with her again should get ready to join her.

"Only about a half day today," she told them, in case it helped anyone to decide, "and then we'll be where I need to start scouting."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:49 pm

"I'll go," Miyuki replied.

If it was half day then she could spend that other half of the day making her list properly and deciding what she'll take on and what she could delegate.

"I'll come as well," Eron replied.

Thanks to Shiro's research, Eron could go out without worrying someone finding out about his wings, and it hadn't yet been out since they got into this country.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Shoneah looked to Andarien, who looked thoughtful. He tipped his head first one way, then the other, and then he nodded.

"Yeah," he smiled at Shoneah. "I'll come today."

"Khetal, you should come," Kyrie grinned at him, a mischievous twinkle in her eye. "See how things have changed."

Her brother looked at her, startled. He already had one foot in the hallway towards the gardens. "Ah ... you're sure?"

Wren chuckled softly. "Go for it," she encouraged him. "It'll be fun."

"I'll come again," Lancaeriel spoke up, stepping forward. "There should be at least one person who can use magic in case any disguises fall away."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Miyuki nodded, that was a good idea. Once everyone was set, they exited the tent and began to pack up.

This time it was Miyuki who was carrying the tent.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:32 pm

"None of this looks familiar," Khetal said, frowning, as they started out.

Kyrie laughed aloud. "It's been close to a thousand years since you've been here, of course it's different!" she grinned. "Seriously, I doubt any of these trees were here the last time you were. Wait until we hit the town, then see if there's anything you recognize."

Unlikely, considering the time, but possible. There were some buildings - some - that had been fixed as the centuries had passed rather than rebuilt.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:38 pm

"You're enjoying this a bit too much," Eron commented with a chuckle.

He hadn't been there for the conversation of what the town was like, so he wasn't aware as to why Kyrie was so amused.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:49 pm

"Yes, indeed," Kyrie grinned. "Surely you must realize how little time I've spent with my brother. Wren has been monopolizing his time since we first arrived in Ea- no, since Illsbruic, now that I think of it."

"Quite unintentionally, I assure you," Khetal spoke up.

Kyrie grinned. "At first, at least."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:56 pm

Eron chuckled at this, "That is a good point. Still, you know something, otherwise you wouldn't be teasing him."

Though he figured Kyrie would like to keep that as a surprise.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:02 pm

"Well," Kyrie mused, "considering how many times I ... no, no, I won't go into that."

"How many times what?" Khetal asked. His eyes narrowed suspiciously.

Kyrie pursed her lips. "Ah ..."

"Well, now you've made us all curious," Shoneah chuckled.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:10 pm

Eron wondered if Khetal had a rough idea what his sister was about to say.

"Is it alright to tell us? Or do you want it to remain a secret for the moment?" Miyuki asked since she had no idea what Kyrie was going to say.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:17 pm

"Truth be told," Kyrie murmured, glancing at her brother, "I don't know if Khetal would handle it well. Sometimes he tends to ... overreact."

"Overreact?" Khetal blinked. "Me?"

Kyrie chuckled. "Yes, you. You do that a lot. You overreacted when I met Ahkshi, you overreacted ... well, no, in all fairness, your reaction when I kidnapped you was understandable. But you overreacted when I refused to sit idly by and waste a year waiting to find out whether or not I was immortal. You overreacted when I first asked you to join me on my travels."

"Really?" he sounded doubtful.

"And you completely overreacted when you learned that I had been back to Garnelia," Kyrie concluded.

"That wasn't overreaction!" Khetal exclaimed. "That was perfectly justified! Going back to such a dangerous place, especially after you'd promised me that you wouldn't!"

Kyrie laughed. "See? Overreaction."

Andarien wasn't so sure. His expression was grim. "That place was bad," he said quietly, shoving his hands deep into his pockets.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:20 pm

"It was," Miyuki agreed, "But really, we've only known Kyrie for as long as we've traveled with her, and even we know there is no stopping her if there are people in need."

In other words, why did Khetal make Kyrie give that promise when was clear she probably wouldn't keep it?

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:26 pm

"What does that have to do with this?" Shoneah asked curiously.

"Just to point out that if I were to finish my earlier sentence, my brother would likely overreact again," Kyrie smiled calmly. "So the question is, do I, or do I not, finish it?"

She looked at her brother pointedly.

Khetal looked at her through narrow eyes. "I can remain calm."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:28 pm

"You might as well, I don't think he's going to leave you alone otherwise, and it'll be worse if you make him guess," Miyuki shrugged.

At least she figured that is what would happen if Kyrie didn't finish what she was going to say.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:34 pm

Kyrie eyed Khetal. "You're sure about this?"

He nodded, his lips set firmly together.

She shrugged. "If you say so." Looking around at the others, she finished her story. "As I was saying, considering how many times I've had to come back here and blow up various facilities-"

"You did what!?" Khetal spluttered.

Andarien glared at Khetal. "You promised."

Kyrie only chuckled. "Well, I did warn you."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next