The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A - Page 6 Empty Re: Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:37 pm

"I don't know why you're freaking out, I think Kyrie has alluded to this before," Miyuki pointed out, "I mean, we're here to make sure they're not using people as test subjects, and since they seem to keep doing it...."

The kitsune trailed off as if that should have been a given that Kyrie had blown up various facilities in the past.

"Though hopefully that won't be the case this time around."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A - Page 6 Empty Re: Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:44 pm

At Miyuki's reminder, Khetal's face burned a bright red and he turned away.

"Oh, stop feeling so guilty," Kyrie muttered, slapping his arm lightly. "It wasn't your fault. You had no idea what was really going on, and you know it."

Shoneah blinked and stared. "What happened here?" she asked, totally confused. She knew that she and Eron had arrived quite late to the group, compared to some of the others at least, and there was a lot they hadn't yet been filled in on; but this seemed quite something.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:39 pm

"I think there's a story between that reaction and a mention of kidnapping," Eron added.

It wasn't often that a sibling kidnapped another, and it sounded strange even to him.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:57 pm

"To make a long story short," Kyrie said, deciding that they might as well know - they were traveling through the area after all, and it would help them to understand her motive for doing what she was going; "when Khetal and I were young, our parents brought us here to see where they came from. They were killed, Khetal and I were captured. I was used as a test subject in these experiments - testing for an antidote for a poison they were working on. That was the least of the abuses that I - and the other test subjects - suffered. Khetal, somehow, became one of the researchers-"

"With no idea that the subjects were actually being poisoned," Khetal put in quickly. "I was told they were sick with a disease and that I was looking for a cure."

Kyrie nodded. "Several years passed before I went back there, looking for clues about what had happened to Khetal. I found him, blew up the facility, kidnapped him and gave him a rather rough few days until I was sure I could trust him."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:14 pm

"I suddenly now understand why Khetal.... reacts when he hears about your escapees now," Eron couldn't help but mention.

If that was how their early life and reunion was, no one why it seemed like Khetal overreacted at everything Kyrie did. Which to be fair, often involved dangerous things.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:20 pm

"But overreacting when he hears that I've met someone whose company I enjoy," Kyrie pointed out.

"It wasn't the fact that you met a man, but how you met him," Khetal retorted.

"But-"

Khetal cut her off and explained to the others, "She came home and said that she'd met someone because she had traveled through underground lava tunnels, while the volcano was erupting, and nearly didn't make it out, and then had collapsed and been found and brought to a physician, and that she was very fond of this physician and wanted to spend more time with him."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Miyuki coughed a bit, but it was clear she was trying to hide her amusement, because it was too funny. Granted, it was very serious, being caught in underground lava tunnels, but it was still funny.

"Wow..... that is... uhm...." Eron blinked at Kyrie, "At least something good came out of the incident?"

Really, what could he say for something like that? It was an erupting volcano, there were many ways one could die from an erupting volcano.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:39 pm

Kyrie sighed. "I just don't see the point of continually bringing it up. That was far in the past, and there's nothing we can do about it now. So why bother?"

Shoneah blinked. "So you haven't told him that you brought us back there to look for saltpeter and sulfur?" she guessed.

Without giving Khetal a chance to say a word, Kyrie held one hand up to him and said firmly, "No eruption this time, so don't start."

Then, turning her attention to Eron, she smiled. "And yes, two good things came out of it. Ahkshi and Uruloki. I have no regrets."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:15 am

"Well, when you put it that way," Miyuki grinned, "It's all good."

Eron chuckled at nodded in agreement, he still found the whole thing a bit amusing.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:43 am

They walked for a few hours before Kyrie stopped them.

"It's time for scouting," she told them. "Miyuki, if you could set up the tent ... then everyone should go inside for now. Unless ..."

She hesitated and turned to Shoneah. "Would you be willing to come with me? I would appreciate your help. Of all those in our group, I think your skills are the most suited to something like this."

Shoneah nodded. "Of course."

Andarien paled slightly. "What are you going to be doing?" he asked in a small voice.

"Scouting." Kyrie glanced at him. "Nothing too dangerous, I promise."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:53 am

Miyuki set her bag down and got out of the tent. Eron began to help her set up it.

"Should I be activating the security runes?" Miyuki asked absently.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:54 am

"Absolutely," Kyrie murmured, looking around and sounding rather distracted as she replied.

"Need a hand?" Khetal asked Eron and Miyuki, kneeling next to them as they worked. He doubted it, but he felt better asking.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:00 am

Eron shook his head, "This will be quick, it helps that it's not a very big tent."

It couldn't be anyways, otherwise someone would have to go under it in order to set up a pole in the middle. At the side it was at the moment, that wasn't necessary.

After a few more minutes, Miyuki threw up her hands.

"There! Done!"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Shoneah turned to Kyrie. "Do I need anything special?"

Kyrie shook her head. "No. Just what you would normally use for scouting."

Shoneah nodded. "Then I'm ready to go."

Andarien didn't look happy at the prospect of Shoneah going off, but for once, he didn't say anything. He just stood near the tent door as the others went inside, shoved his hands deep into his pockets, and looked miserable.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Miyuki gently tugged on Andarien's arm, "Come on, I know you want to wait for her, but at least wait inside. Sliverbirch is really good at what she does, she'll do what she can to stay safe and Kyrie has centuries of experience."

So really, they both were the best for the job.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Andarien opened his mouth, looking very much as if he wanted to protest; but suddenly, inexplicably, he closed his mouth and nodded.

"Right," he murmured. "I know what I'll do."

He wondered how his uncle Daeron was doing with his request.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:03 pm

Miyuki was surprised it was that easy, but maybe Andarien had something in mind.

"Good, if you need me I'll be making a list," Miyuki chuckled.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:04 pm

"List?" Andarien repeated, surprised. "Of the things you're not supposed to do?"

Which was clearly all he'd gotten out of the conversation they'd had at dinner the night before.

"Do you think Cael mighta started on some of the things without you?" he asked curiously.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:16 pm

"Of both things I need to do and should leave to someone else," Miyuki admitted with a laugh.

Upon hearing Andarien's question, Miyuki burst into giggles.

"I think he might actually make a private bathing room for him and Lanceriael if he puts his mind to it. After all, if they want more wall space it just means making more room in one of their rooms and he can easily do that."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:50 pm

"Yeah, I don't get it, why he's so big on having a big, private bath," Andarien muttered as they headed inside. "A little one gets you just as clean."

Once inside, he looked around and mused aloud: "I wonder if Uncle Daeron's finished ..."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:58 pm

Miyuki chewed her lower lip and nodded at this. Her little brother was being logical as usual.

"Go see if he's in his workshop," Miyuki suggested, "He might be there...."

At least, she was pretty sure he was.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:18 pm

Andarien nodded. "Yeah ... I'll do that. See you later, Mi."

It was amazing, for how many people there were inside the tent, how dispersed they could all be.

He headed off towards the wood workshop, lost in his own thoughts.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:05 pm

Time passed in the tent while everyone went about their day. Miyuki had done what she promised and made a list of things that just needed to be done and that she could delegate. The things she would like to have Cael and Lanceriael's help on included the waterfall room, the new bathing hall and bathing rooms, and an expansion to Holly's workshop.

Miyuki noted it might be wise to take down the last two bathing rooms and turn the first bathing room into that new atrium to hold the rest of the bathing room. She also noted that she was tickled pink about the idea to create hot springs, but had no idea how to go about doing that. She did make sketches of what it would look like though.

Meanwhile Holly was showing those who had offered to help her, the workrooms she worked in even though it wasn't big enough yet. It was just to let them know how things were set up in there.

Meanwhile Eron went back to the labs to work, and Lin was with Earendil catching up on her writing. As there was a lot of writing to catch up on.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:48 pm

It was several hours later - well past the end of dinner - before Shoneah and Kyrie returned, both of them looking tired and claiming to be rather hungry, though neither of them the worse for wear.

"Any food left?" Kyrie joked as the two of them headed towards the kitchen.

Shoneah looked around for Lancaeriel, Cael or Shiro so that she could be made to look like herself once more.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:08 pm

In the kitchen, Miyuki was with Holly. Holly was doing design sketches for her master project and Miyuki was trying a recipe for brownies and blondies. The latter because there were people who couldn't have chocolate. They still had ingredients for both recipes from their last location.

"It's a good thing someone had a sense to buy flour at the last town," Miyuki murmured as she prepared the two batters, "I'm a bit worried about these... blondies being too plain though."

"Normally people put chocolate chip in them, but that defeats the purpose of no chocolate. We could have used coconut though... I like mine with toffee, but that requires extra work," Holly admitted looking up from her work.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next