Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Kyrie nodded and took a sip of her coffee.

"Then before going into logistics," she said, leaning forward so that everyone would be able to here, "we first have to discuss whether this is something that should be done."

"I thought that went without question," Mailon frowned.

Kyrie sighed. "Things are more complicated than I expected. What I hadn't expected is the number of subjects now being experimented on. I can think of no way to get them all out - even the ones who might be able to survive without additional care, or walk on their own. I do firmly believe that this must be stopped, but ... anything we do will mean the deaths of those subjects, and possibly other innocents simply because there are eight separate buildings that hold such laboratories, and each one also has many other academic subjects being taught in them. They've grown wise."

She looked around at everyone. "So the question is, can we knowingly take innocent lives in order to stop this from happening? It will likely be a temporary fix, maybe a few decades at most, but ... is that enough to make it worthwhile? And can we handle it, morally?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:36 pm

Lin thought about it, not just the moral aspect but the logistics of it. The problem was, there was nothing stopping these people from doing it again. A few decades wasn't even that long in human terms provided humans here lived to their sixties. It would mean a generation or two before it was fully up and running again.

"I am...." Lin admitted, "Uneasy about the idea. Not just because of the test subjects involved, but the fact these people clearly learned from centuries of having their centres destroyed. I'm worried that not only will they do it again within a few decades, but they may have improved further, making it impossible to fully take down this operation. It may not make taking down these labs worthwhile in the long run...."

"Because it might just expand the number of labs, and therefore more subjects," Eron finished, "And they must be going through a lot of subjects now. Poison as it's nature, kills people, and at times quickly without proper medical help. Where are they getting their subjects?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:02 pm

"The same place they always did," Kyrie replied, lowering her gaze. "Half-bloods. Handicapped. Elderly. Orphans. Abandoned. Honestly, they usually don't need to look further than their own streets. In our case, since we were traveling through, we were attacked and taken."

She sighed and looked around. "I can't let it continue as it is. I can't. But as to what to do about it ..."

There was a moment of silence, and then Lancaeriel spoke up, her voice soft, hesitant. "Do you ... Miyuki, do you still have those tents we used before you created this tent that we live in now?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:06 pm

Miyuki blinked and it dawned on her. Of course, why not go back to their tried and true method?

The kitsune nodded quickly, "Yes, I kept them in case people had to go off overnight or we had a situation where we needed to split up. Could we do that? Could we at least help the people into the tents and use that to transport them away? This way they wouldn't have to travel far. You wouldn't even need to set up the tent in full, just hold it up so that people can get into the opening."

Since it still worked on the same principle of it being a portal to space.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:11 pm

"But they will be in cells, surely," Khetal frowned.

"That's where I can help," Earendil spoke up. He was glad he could help for once - it had been so long since he had been useful! Smiling slightly, he explained, "One of my gifts is to open walls, even when they shouldn't be able to be opened. As a child, I had great fun opening the walls in hallways and stairways to get into the secret passages of the palace."

"And I could help whoever goes to remain invisible," Cael added.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:16 pm

"Would it be possible to hit all the labs with a group of people, or would you still need to split up?" Holly asked, reminding everyone that there was more than one lab to deal with.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:18 pm

"There are only two people who could help with invisibility," Kyrie mused, "and Earendil is the only one who can open walls ... but if we were to go quickly enough, we could likely do it all in one group. We just have to be efficient."

"But what about those who can't or don't want to leave?" Iorlas asked quietly. "As strange as it may seem, not everyone may want to come."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:24 pm

"Considering how they were grabbed off the street, they may not trust strangers, they may not expect kindness," Eron agreed, "And you won't have time to explain the magic involved, which means there's a degree of trust involved. I think in both cases somehow sedating the person involved would be best. Either to get them to come along, or to give them a painless death. I know we would rather not kill any innocent, but also remember they're suffering. Poison is a horrible way to go, especially if it's not fast acting."

Lin sighed, "In other words, save those that can be saved...."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:34 pm

"I still think you should give them the option," Iorlas insisted. "At least then, if they choose not to come, it's their choice, not ours."

"It does sound like the best we can do," Kyrie sighed.

Lancaeriel tapped her fingers together lightly. "Khetal, are there any fimlas plants in the gardens?"

Khetal nodded. "Some. I can make a flask of sedative."

"So if Kyrie goes as guide," Cael spoke up, "I go to help her remain undetected, Earendil to open walls, and Lancaeriel or Khetal inside the tent to care for those who do choose to come with us?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:35 pm

The smaller the group the better and Lin nodded slowly at this. Even though she was worried about Earendil going.

"The inside of the tent will need to be bigger, but that's do-able," Miyuki replied, "I think... that maybe it. What do you think?"

She addressed those who had been named so far.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:41 pm

"My only question is," Rose spoke up, "where are they all going to go once you get back here? Stay in the tents? And where would those tents get set up? And what do we do with them once they're here?"

Kyrie turned to Miyuki. "Can you make a new room? A long one, lined with beds, or at least furs, on each side? From here, we go to Makshim. If someone could help me to speak with Ahkshi, we can give him a heads up that we're on our way and for him to be prepared."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:43 pm

Miyuki nodded, "Yes, that I can do. Do you want this room in the main lobby so it's close to the kitchen and the storage rooms?"

So that if they needed supplies or food it was easier to grab.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:54 pm

Kyrie turned to her brother. "Khetal?"

He nodded. "That would be easiest. And it's probably also best if there's a bathing room in there as well, one with a shallow bath in the floor to make it easier to wash them if it's necessary."

"Oh, it's necessary," Kyrie muttered.

"If you need help, we can help you," Lancaeriel added, speaking to Miyuki and putting her hand on her husband's arm to show who she meant.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Miyuki nodded as she considered Khetal's request. The bath wasn't a hard request as it was the same concept of putting a lake into a room. Granted on a far smaller scale and no dirt was to be involved.

"I will, I think... one person should work on the tent, and another on the room. I can do the room. Maybe while I'm setting up the room, another to work on the bathing room? I think it'll need to be roomy enough for two to three people at once to be there. There should also be a sink outside of the bathing room for people to use in case it's occupied."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:21 pm

"I'll do the bathing room," Cael offered, "since I've got some experience with that now."

"And I've already been working on tents, so I'll do that," Lancaeriel murmured. "Miyuki, you've done so many individual rooms, that's probably your strength, of the three of us, by now."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 pm

Miyuki chuckled at that, "Making this tent did create a lot of practice, and then just adding to it. I don't think I would imagine it becoming this big."

Honestly, it was less of a mobile home and more like a mobile mini village these days.

"At any rate, it shouldn't take us long. Though could use help setting up said rooms. We don't have anything close to beds, but we have furs."

Holly spoke up, "I can help with that. At the very least give people something soft to lie on."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Kyrie nodded. "Good. Khetal, perhaps you could also take over organizing the ... what are we going to call it, the clinic?"

"Might as well," Khetal agreed. "That's what it's turning into. And yes, I'll make sure everything is stocked and ready to go, if Lancaeriel is the one to go with you."

"That might be wiser, since I have the magic to help out if necessary," Lancaeriel agreed.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:09 pm

"Do you need help getting things stocked?" Eron asked.

He knew enough to be able to help with that, not that different from chemistry. Just dealing with biological matter more often than dealing with earth matter.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Khetal thought for a moment. "Perhaps," he murmured. "You can help me with mixing things, if Wren would be so kind as to bring things we might need."

Wren reached over and squeezed his hand. "Of course I will. I know where your things are, after all."

"Actually," Kyrie spoke up hesitantly, "Eron, I was ... kind of hoping for your expertise with explosives, if you could ... I need something that we could time so that we have time to go through each of the facilities and rescue as many people as we can but so that each facility will go down at the same moment, at least roughly. It means more chaos and less chance for them to react and stop it from happening."

She looked around the table. "Unless someone else knows enough about it that I don't know about ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:34 pm

"A timed explosive...." Eron paused as he thought about it.

Making the explosive wasn't hard, but timing it was the hard part.

"It is possible to create an explosive that doesn't set off right away, using a slow burning material that smothers until it sets off," Eron murmured, "If they had different fuses, and as long as the explosives are set in the right order, then it is possible to have them set off at the same time...."

It would have to be oil based though to create the largest spread of fire, as they wanted those labs burned. Probably something that was a compartment, the powdered explosives in one section and flammable oil in the other so when it explodes it would send oil everywhere and the fire would set the oil on fire.

"I need to experiment with fuses and burning rates, and then see if my idea works... but I think that is possible. I don't know what it would be stored it... pottery would be best as it breaks easily.. .or glass... glass would work too..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:47 pm

"Usually I just use piles of black powder and fuses," Kyrie told him. "At any rate, I think we should all use the day to prepare, and see where we stand by evening. Whatever we do, it would have to be at night. If we're not ready tonight, then tomorrow."

"And the rest of us?" Lashrael asked hesitantly.

"Prepare food," Kyrie replied simply. "Food, bandages, possibly clothes, definitely blankets ... we're going to end up with a lot more people to take care of. Aside from that, help those who need help."

"Do we need anyone on watch?" Mailon spoke up.

Kyrie shook her head. "The security runes are active."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Clearly there must have been a step Kyrie didn't mention to Eron, because just using black powder and fuses without a container would only create a light show, not an explosion. He left it though, if she trusted him to come up with something, then he would. He was sure he could find something to use as a container.

"Then I'll get on it," he replied.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:46 pm

They were not ready by that evening, but Kyrie took advantage of the dark of night to do some more reconnaissance, once more taking Shoneah with her. The following evening, however, they were ready, having prepared a clinic, new bathing room for the clinic, explosives, medicines, and having contacted Ahkshi to let him know that they would soon be coming.

It was a long and anxious night, and several of the group stayed awake in anticipation of Kyrie, Cael, Lancaeriel, Khetal and Earendil's return with who knew how many people.

It was the wee hours of the morning when Kyrie, the only one not inside one of the magically enlarged tents, returned to the main tent, running at full speed. She barely slowed down to pull the tent flap open and step inside.

"All right, we need to move," she said crisply to those who were in the room. She pulled the tents she had used that night out of her bag and set them on the floor. "You all take care of them. Khetal, Cael and Lancaeriel are already starting, but these people need more help. I have to get us out of here."

And without any further explanation, she threw her bag back over her shoulder and ran outside. For a few moments, there came the sounds of the tent being taken down; but then all went silent.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:53 pm

For a moment there was silence and then suddenly everyone burst into action. Miyuki, grabbed a tent and headed straight into the newly dubbed 'clinic room', trusting that someone else will grab another tent. Holly was already in the clinic room. She couldn't sit still and had begun setting everything one needed beside each bed so that those that could tend the sick had everything ready.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:59 pm

Wren was also present, and grabbed the second tent, hot on Miyuki's heels. Others were also already present in the clinic: Rose, Geran, Shoneah (not Andarien, he knew he would just be in the way), Jassin and Lashrael, Shiro, and Kaito (who could be helpful when he wanted). It was a matter of minutes before both tents were up and Cael, Lancaeriel and Khetal were giving instructions on how to deal with the sick who had come with them.

Considering the number they'd had the opportunity to save, it was a sadly low percentage that had decided to try to be rescued. Most had been either too old or too far gone to count themselves worth saving, and had simply chosen to die in their prisons, though they had been grateful to be offered the chance to be unconscious when it happened.

As much as he wanted to be able to help out, Earendil was exhausted after a long night of using his magic almost constantly, and he stumbled off to bed to rest and recuperate.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top