Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:19 am

"Are we going to need a story for Earendil specifically?" Lin asked Kyrie.

Because she didn't want her husband to pretend to be a ring fighter, but how did one explain those scars?

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:27 am

"What about caught and tortured by elves?" Earendil suggested dryly. "Both true and something they would be happy to believe, from what we're told."

Kyrie sighed. "Unfortunate, but yes. And you wouldn't have to give any more detail than that."

"And you're sure no one will recognize you?" Kaito asked Kyrie doubtfully.

Before Kyrie could answer, Shiro smacked his brother upside the head - gently, but enough to make him blink.

"She hasn't been here for two hundred years," he reminded him pointedly. "Humans aren't immortal."
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:29 am

"At least not here," Lin added with a bit of amusement, "There are probably stories about Kyrie, but they're going to be vague at best and over exaggerated at worst..."

She would know how stories like that got spread around, she heard a few interesting ones about Haven. Those were always amusing in a morbid sort of way.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:34 am

"If they even lasted this long," Earendil chuckled.

"And if there were any stories describing me to begin with," Kyrie put in, amused. "This is one country where I was careful never to let myself be seen, at least not to be identified."

Kaito eyed her doubtfully. "You don't look like you're trying to hide now."

She simply shrugged. "I'll cover up eventually."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:36 am

"It'll be fine," Lin assured Kaito.

At the very least, hopefully no one would think Kyrie as a threat surrounded by 'humans'.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:45 am

It wasn't long before the trees began to thin around them just as Kyrie had cautioned they would around a settlement. Shortly after that, they were out of the trees entirely, and surrounded by fields that were empty of crops, but in which there were dozens of people with hoes, working the ground.

"Is ... this the place you wanted to check out?" Earendil asked Kyrie hesitantly. "I mean, wouldn't you want to ... keep to the shadows or something?"

"Oh, that place is still further north," Kyrie assured him with a smile. "I just thought you'd like to see a regular town without anything odd happening nearby."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:47 am

"That would be great!" Miyuki agreed with a nod, "It's nice to just visit a place."

Instead of having to worry about something bad happening.

"With the tail end of Winter, they must be getting the fields ready," Holly murmured.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:01 am

"It's not for no reason that the next season is called Stirring," Kyrie nodded. "When the trees begin their new growth, the fields have to have been planted already, if they want to take advantage of the best part of the growing season."

She pointed out a group of young men who were running in a group between some of the fields. "Training. Every year, the country has an enormous competition for various skills. Running. Fisticuffs. Fencing."

"Sounds like the Olympics," Kaito quipped. "With just one country."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:09 am

"It sounds like track and field," Lin added, who had a small high school experience, "Though Olympics sounds better, since track and field are for schools."

"When do they hold the competition?" Miyuki asked, wondering if they would be around to see it.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:18 am

"The Enderi," Kyrie answered, an apologetic tone in her voice. "So it was actually only about two months ago. We won't be able to see it."

"Still," Geran spoke up, "it is good to know that they put their energy to things other than killing."

Rose slapped his arm, and none too gently. "You shouldn't believe everything you were told," she chided him. "If I were to do that, well, then, I'd believe that elves were evil and that they only  used humans as slaves, and that they kidnap children out of their beds for that purpose!"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:25 am

"I remember that story," Holly replied absently, "I forgot where I heard it, as I was a bit too old for those stories at the time. Probably from the lady who housed me for a bit after I asked what was in the next country over or something. I think I asked her if that meant they were the boogymen, she didn't get it."

"Well, seeing as the boogyman is a Gaian concept, not a surprise," Lin replied, "But that does sound like a boogyman story doesn't it?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:32 am

"To be fair," Geran pointed out, "I heard the same things about the humans."

"So it just goes to show that you can't believe what you're told, and you have to see things for yourself before you believe any of it," Shiro concluded.

"Or hear from someone who knows firsthand," Kyrie added.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:35 am

"So, on to other topics, will we be camping around the area, or should we just continue to move on as far as we can go as long as there is daylight?" Lin asked, as she wasn't quite sure what the plan would be.

And it would be good to know said plan.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:45 am

"We're going to keep moving," Kyrie said decisively. "We can pass through the town if you like, but I don't want to stick around longer than we have to. One generalization that can be made for this country is that its people are very volatile. It doesn't take much to get on their suspicious side, and from there it's just steps until you're in trouble."

"That still doesn't sound so cheery," Kaito frowned.

Shoneah shrugged. "Even in the town where we found Holly and Rose, where we had permission from the town council to stay there, we were viewed as suspicious," she pointed out. "And I'm not sure if anyone told you, but Jassin and Lashrael were actually threatened."

"What?" Rose was surprised. "I never heard about that!" And it had been her own hometown!
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:52 am

"I hadn't neither, but it doesn't surprise me," Holly admitted, "You don't even need to be of a different race to gain suspicion. Though being of the same race certainly helps... it's a small town mentality taken to the extreme. I don't know if a large city would have been better or worse."

"Then how did you end up settling?" Miyuki asked, because Holly had been an outsider at one point.

Holly smiled, "I turned on the lolita to the extreme. Being female helps a great deal, because often you're considered less of a threat. I turned on the classic, sweet lolita persona to the extreme. Polite, old fashion, sweet, quiet... it's actually amazing Rose didn't think I was one of those air headed upper class girls."

Of course she and Rose knew why, the only time Holly did anything improper was to follow Rose up a tree just to get her down said tree.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:59 am

"Wait, does that mean you used to be different from what you are now?" Kaito asked Holly, stunned.

"Kaito," Shiro pointed out logically, "we all used to be different from what we're like now. We grow. We mature. We change."

Rose looked at Holly thoughtfully. "You do have a bit of a wilder side to you," she said slowly. "I mean, no one else would have joined me in the things that I did."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:14 am

Holly laughed at Kaito, surely he must have gathered something from the fact she used to surf as a hobby once upon a time.

"Kaito, I was an anime, comic loving girl who attended conventions and loved to party with fellow con goers. True, I liked a good tea party as much as the next person, but attending a street party could be just as fun. I grew up on an island whose main business is tourist, you can't expect that I didn't at least do a few interesting things here and there."

The neko gave him a catty grin before explaining to Rose more seriously.

"You reminded me a bit of what it was like growing up for me," Holly admitted, "And logically, most of the time I couldn't argue against the things you did. Yes, back in the town it was improper at times, but in Gaia? Not unusual for a girl to climb a tree or two. Playing harmless pranks, though I did always draw the line at anything that involved animals. Like I said when I thought we were going to part ways, I would have ensured you never would have to marry, because in Gaia, marriage is not the end all be all for a woman."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:34 am

Kaito's eyes gleamed. "Oohhhh?" he asked, sidling up to her.

"Kaito," Shiro said sharply. The smile that played about the corners of his mouth, however, softened the effect of his exclamation.

"Well, for my part, I'm glad you are who you are," Rose grinned. She threw one arm around Holly and hugged her tight.

Kaito was already thinking ahead. "I'm sure we've got some music on the tablet ... and with how many people we have, we could have a real party ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:37 am

"I have not done modern Gaian dancing in ten years don't even think about it," Holly seemed to threaten Kaito.

Also because she was still among very traditional people and she would die from embarrassment if she danced like she was back in Gaia.

Lin spoke up, "I have to ask though, what kind of music, Shiro has always struck me as a classic music sort of person, maybe Broadway..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:48 am

"I thought we were just talking about not judging people," Shiro pointed out, amused by Lin's guesses. "There's a time and place for that, yeah, but once in a while ... I mean, there's nothing wrong with a good beat, is there?"

Kaito laughed. "Uh huh. Show her your playlists sometime."

"All that aside," Shiro shrugged, ignoring his brother, "I have never danced in the so-called modern Gaian dance styles."

"Oh, come on, it's not that hard!" Kaito protested. "Just move to the beat!" He mimicked a rap beat in his throat and started dancing to it, nodding his head and thrusting his hips to the rhythm.

Several of the group stared. "Is he all right?" Shoneah asked hesitantly.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:53 am

"He's fine," Holly waved Kaito off like it was no big deal, "At least he's shaking it from side to side."

Instead of forward, because that would have been all sorts of awkward.

Lin sighed a bit embarrassed for Kaito, "Yes, at least there is that..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:02 am

Shiro just facepalmed. "Kaito ..."

"Oh, come on!" Kaito protested, walking normally again and dropping the beat. "It's been forever!"

"And it's about to be longer," Shiro decided. "It's been a long time coming, Kaito. Tonight I'm changing the login parameters on the tablet. You use too much of the battery and you're starting to be a little too silly where we can't afford silliness."

"We are getting a bit too close to the town for you to be pulling stunts," Kyrie agreed. "We're going to be suspicious enough without you drawing attention to us."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:08 am

Holly coughed, and tried not to giggle at Kaito. The poor guy seemed to miss certain aspects of home more than she did.

"We are... aren't we?" Miyuki replied, "Hopefully they'll just let us pass through."

Though they could have gone around, but then they wouldn't have been able to see the town.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:13 am

"As long as we don't do anything stupid, we should be fine," Kyrie assured her, though she was glaring at Kaito.

And they were indeed quite close to the town - close enough that they could see people at work in the streets, between the houses. There were roofers and carpenters working on the houses themselves, but there were also street vendors and sweepers hard at work. The group had to go single file past a woman who was scolding her child for something or other in the narrow street.

"We haven't any currency for here, and they don't take trade in this particular town," Kyrie cautioned them, "so don't bother looking for things to buy."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:19 am

Miyuki nodded, it was a pity to hear that but since this town was going to be quite suspicious of them, it wouldn't be worth trading even if they could.

At least they got to see the town, and everyone seemed to be busy. The street maybe a bit too narrow for her liking though.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top