Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plotting Through Poleria - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:01 pm

"Do you need any help setting the table?" Miyuki asked.

She would have to go wash her hands first, but she would like to help out as well. Despite the fact she had been traveling with the others all day.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Iorlas laughed. "Don't be silly. I don't know how far you went today or what you did - though I'm looking forward to finding out, to be honest - but we've got this taken care of. Don't you worry about a thing. That being said, we are ready to eat as soon as everyone's in, so hurry and wash up, all of you. There are only two bathing rooms available right now, though, Andarien is using the third."

She couldn't remember if he was in a shower or a bath, but regardless, there were only two rooms still available for eleven people to wash up.

Lancaeriel looked thoughtful. "It seems we may have to think of even more bathing rooms," she murmured to Miyuki. "Perhaps to save space, we might use an idea like the gardens? An anteroom with doors leading out from it?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:32 pm

"We should," Miyuki agreed, "With so many people, it would make it easier."

Maybe she should even consider making full bathing rooms, with a bath and a shower so everyone would have the choice. Though she found most people preferred to use a shower. Maybe even have a place in the ante room to just wash hands....

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:47 pm

"Considering we have one room for every ten people now," Lancaeriel smiled. "But we can worry about that later."

For now, they just needed to wash and sit down for dinner.

By the time everyone else had finished washing and were seated for dinner (which Daenis and Lancaeriel served together, and was every bit as delicious as the first meal Daenis had prepared for them, way back in Friesia) Andarien was finally finished with his bath (he had gone in for a good soak, it seemed).

"Anything interesting happen today?" Daeron asked the travelers as they settled in to eat.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:54 pm

"We passed through a town," Miyuki replied as she took a seat.

She then went on to describe the town and explained what had happened while they were there.

"It is possible to add another array to a bag to prevent it from being damaged or cut," Miyuki added after she finished her story, "But that would require the whole bag to be covered as a protective measure, not very subtle... though I could just add an array to prevent the first array from being damaged... that's what I'm really worried about if this happens again."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:12 pm

"I think the second option sounds more viable," Cael spoke up. "Of course, that still wouldn't prevent straps from being cut, but nothing is perfect."

"Actually, I think just knowing the risks is our biggest advantage," Earendil pointed out. "If we keep a better eye on our bags, we're less likely to leave them vulnerable."

"Or leave them in the tent," Makaela murmured.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:57 pm

Miyuki nodded in agreement, "Yea, really I just want to make sure that no one else thinks of them as anything other than a normal bag."

Since Kyrie had warned them already to not do anything that looked like magic.

"If anyone is wearing a coat or a cloak, keeping the bag under said clothing also helps, that's what I use to do when I lived in a city going to school," Holly offered.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:43 pm

"What if the runes were embroidered over, to make them look like a design rather than a rune?" Makaela suggested. "Though I must admit, I can't see how anyone would recognize the runes for what they are - I had certainly never heard of them before."

"But even a layer of embroidery would add protection to the runes themselves," Daenis mused aloud.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:46 pm

"It's actually not an issue of people noticing them, it's just more work to cover the whole bag than to protect the original rune array," Miyuki shrugged.

"But embroidery would help," Holly, "To make it hard to cut through, so would using thick leather for that matter, as long as the stitches are strong and done properly so they don't go for the seams. Unfortunately that kind of work, does require someone who does work with leather on a regular basis."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Andarien turned to Shoneah. "You know how to work leather," he blinked.

She nodded. "Yes, though I have to add that I'm better with metal than leather. Still, a lot of the clothes in my tribe are still made from leather, and I have been taught to use it." She looked back at Holly. "It wouldn't be that difficult, as long as we have decent skins."

"We should," Kyrie spoke up.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:07 pm

"This might be a good time to make better bags with compartments and runes," Miyuki murmured thoughtfully, "I know it's hard if you have a lot of stuff in your bag to find what you're looking for. It's something I kind of experimented on and off with, but I've never designed a bag with the purpose of runing individual sections."

She would like to give it a try, there were things she wanted quick access to, or she felt they should have quick access to.

"Well that's another project," Miyuki chuckled, "Next to flares or fireworks."

She had heard about the fireworks thing from Shiro, who was interested in making some. Miyuki thought for emergencies they would be good if one got lost and needed to be found, or needed a light source, or needed a quick get away. Those were all different projects, but Miyuki liked to think about stuff like that.

"Oh yea... and I'm almost ready to start to the pool or waterfall room," she murmured absently.

"How many projects do you have on the go?" Lin finally asked.

Miyuki blinked and paused, "I have no idea..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:16 pm

"Word of advice, Miyuki," Daeron said seriously, leaning forward to see his niece better. "Share the load. You're not the only one capable of using runes, and you can't handle all of the projects on your own. If you want to focus on your experiments, I'm sure Lancaeriel and Cael would be willing to help out with the smaller things."

"Absolutely," Cael agreed. "It's our pleasure."

"Even Daeron has asked for help," Jassin added. "Something which, I'm sure you're well aware, he does not do easily."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:47 pm

"Right," Miyuki nodded, "I don't mean to, it's just I get caught up in an idea..."

And it was all ideas, all concepts that she tended to think about and then wanted to explore. It wasn't like she meant to create more work for herself.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:59 pm

Lancaeriel laughed. "Don't worry too much about it," she giggled, reaching over and patting Miyuki on the shoulder. "Cael and I were just as bad when we were young. What you need to do is keep a list and schedule what you want to do, how long you plan to work on each one, or how much you want to accomplish before you move on. Keep record of your progress - or lack of it, because sometimes it's better to realize when to leave a project for a while."

"And make sure you separate between things that you definitely want to do," Cael added, "and things that you'd like to but that could be delegated. And then make sure to delegate those things if you don't have time in your schedule for them."

Chuckling, Earendil leaned down to Lin and murmured in her ear, "It's a good thing Miyuki likes to take part in the travel, otherwise we would never see her."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:06 am

Miyuki nodded at this, listening to the both of them as they had more experience than her.

"I'll do that then and let you both know what I have in the works," Miyuki promised.

Honestly, she had figured out the waterfall system so she could delegate that room and the rice paddy field. Deep down, Miyuki knew that.

Lin giggled, "She needs to feed her curiousity in everything, kind of like how I was..."

Always all over the place, now that Lin thought about it, she too overworked herself. Perhaps Miyuki needed a hobby that wasn't work.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:17 am

Lancaeriel giggled again and returned to her meal. "You've been so busy that I don't even think you've noticed what we've been working on," she murmured teasingly, her eyes sparkling. "Of course, no changes to your rooms, just ones we had already worked on ourselves."

"Would one of those changes be tweaks to the gardens?" Wren asked suspiciously.

"That's one," Cael grinned.

Earendil just chuckled softly in agreement with Lin, resisting the urge to ruffle her hair - a habit that had never really gone away.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:20 am

"Tweaks to the gardens?" Miyuki was interested.

The only garden she spent a great deal of time in was the one she made for herself to practice plant magic. She was tempted though to ask Amir if she could borrow Kaede for some ideas. She knew she wanted to grow plants to provide another method of defense but she wasn't sure where to start with that. Normally she would ask Lancaeriel, but a small grass type Pokemon might have ideas no one had thought of.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:26 am

"Nothing huge, just tweaks to soil composition and moisture levels and such." Cael shrugged one shoulder. "We've been learning as we've been going."

"The plants have been responding," Wren laughed. "So whatever you did, thanks."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:31 am

"What sort of crops does the gardens have now these days?" Holly asked, "It seems to keep getting added to, it's such a large variety, it's amazing it all gets looked after."

"The ability to control things like soil, moisture and the like helps," Miyuki replied, "And no bugs... unless it's bees, so nothing gets infested."

"Sounds better than even a traditional greenhouse," Holly commented in turn.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:40 am

"A traditional greenhouse has no way to keep insects out," Shiro smiled. "Or disease. And the only control a greenhouse gardener has is stuff like fertilizer and when the plants are watered, and how much. Temperature, humidity, soil composition ... when those things are controlled by magic, there's no way a typical greenhouse can compare."

Wren looked to Khetal and tapped her fingers on the table thoughtfully. "How many different plants do we have now?" she asked him.

Khetal's eyebrows both rose, a look of complete helplessness. "A few hundred, at least," he replied. "Herbs, spices, trees, grasses, flowers, fruit, vegetables, medicinal plants ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:44 am

Miyuki chuckled at this, "So way too many to count then. At least we don't lack for anything..."

That was very impressive though, and kind of funny.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:48 am

"Actually," Iorlas spoke up, frowning slightly, "we do. Eggs and milk and flour are things we can't get on our own and of which we are in ever growing need. We should grow the wheat ourselves for flour, but we would need a much, much larger area if we are to make all the flour we need for our number, but milk and eggs are beyond us as things stand now."

There was a silence as looks went around the table.

"Pity none of us are farmers," Kaito sighed.

Geran cleared his throat. "I've been working with animals my whole life," he offered. "If there is some way in which I could help ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:55 am

"An area for animals could be created," Miyuki murmured, "And about the wheat. Would rice flour be okay instead? I have plans for a rice paddy, and after speaking with Shiro and Eron, my understanding is, a flooded rice paddy could be used to farm fish as well, though I don't know what fish would be best for something like that."

She then paused and then added.

"The waterfall in the room I was working on could be used to mill flour, but I don't know anything about milling buildings, but it could be used for that as well since we're on that topic."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:02 am

"I know about mills," Rose added, growing excited.

"Actually, a room with waterfalls and a river would be perfect for animals, too," Geran murmured thoughtfully. "Even if we have to put a fence between a pasture and the mill, we wouldn't have to worry about watering them. And if it's good grass growing in there, they wouldn't need much by way of other food ... they could pretty much live without much care on our part."

"It would require time and materials to build a mill," Daeron mused, stroking his chin, "but ... I expect we're going to be spending some time in Makshim, right, Kyrie? We could do it all while we're there."

"And even with the rice and rice flour," Geran added, "we could still do wheat for wheat flour as well. We would need the straw for the animals."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:18 pm

"I think we'll need a list, it sounds like this is going to be a bit more complicated than simply a waterfall and a very large body of water," Miyuki replied wryly.

That got large very quickly, that was for certain.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top