The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

2 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 17 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Kyrie was the only one who really interacted with Hikaru for the remainder of the meal, and there was no difference from how she had always interacted with him. Ahkshi listened, but said very little at all, and when, at the end of the meal, Kyrie bid Hikaru a good night, walked him to the door, and promised to come to the tent tomorrow to back him up if necessary when he spoke with Cael and Kaito and told the others the truth about his identity, Ahkshi gave him a slight nod and remained by the table.

The tent was fairly quiet by the time Hikaru returned, and those who were still up were on their way to bed, so they simply bid 'Huron' a good night and did just that.

When morning came, Andarien and Shoneah were the first in the kitchen, and since Andarien had never tried cooking before, he was sitting at the table while Shoneah cooked up some breakfast for the two of them.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 17 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:31 pm

Hikaru didn't feel it was necessary for back up, but maybe he was reading the situation wrong. He had never been in a situation before where telling others about his identity was possible or necessary. Hikaru certainly felt he could at the very least speak with Cael and Kaito on his own.

Or maybe he felt he shouldn't be such a baby about the whole the thing. There were worse things than being throw out on his butt (and he was sure that was the worse they would do). Leaving the room as Huron, Hikaru considered his tasks for the day as he entered the kitchen. Thinking about his tasks for the day helped keep him organized.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:38 pm

"Good morning, Huron," Shoneah greeted him warmly as he entered into the kitchen.

Andarien had his back to the door, but now he looked around and smiled. "Morning," he echoed.

"Hungry?" Shoneah asked him, gesturing towards the breakfast she was preparing - a crepe-type flatcake. On the table in front of Andarien were some dishes with fresh fruit and berries, a bowl of freshly whipped cream, and a jar of jam. "There's more than the two of us could eat."

"And she makes 'em pretty good," Andarien added with a grin.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:41 pm

"Morning, and very," he looked at the dishes in front of him, "This has to be the largest variety of fruit I have ever seen."

Mainly because these fruits didn't come from the same season or the same climate for that matter. Taking a seat, he considered his choices.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Shoneah grinned. "Well, you did get a tour of the gardens, did you not?" she teased him.

"There's a lot in there," Andarien said solemnly. "I don't even know what half of it is."

"I'd never heard of a fraction of it before I ended up here," Shoneah added. "Despite having lived in forests all my life."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Huron chuckled, "I did see the gardens, but it's one thing to see the gardens and another to see the variety laid out before you. It's not even just the variety, some of these fruits are from different seasons."

It really did make it limitless in what the group could make. If he had been born during Lin, Shiro and Kaito's time, he would have said it gave a whole new term to farm to table cooking.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:54 pm

"To be completely fair," Shoneah grinned, "we did have to get some of it from the city yesterday. This tent is only a year old, and there were no gardens at first, so we're still in the process of adding more plants as we pass through different areas."

She turned back to the stove to keep working on the flatcakes.

"And we got fresh cream," Andarien beamed, dipping a finger into the whipped cream. He licked his finger slowly, savouring the treat.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Hikaru nodded with a smile, a bit amused by Andarien's actions. He had noticed there were no livestock, but he wondered how long that would last. This place sounded like it was always being built on.

"I can't imagine how much milk you must go through with a group this big, especially since there seems to be a love of baking, and hot drinks," HIkaru admitted.

If they ate completely vegan meals, only baked bread, and didn't use milk in any hot drinks it might not be an issue, but he noticed how much was being made that required some form of dairy.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:12 pm

"Well, thanks to Miyuki's runes, we can stock up every time we're in a town or city and it stays fresh until we get to another town or city," Shoneah explained, "but ... you're right, we do go through a lot. And especially on this last run, when we went far longer than expected between towns, we did run out. So it was great that we could get more yesterday."

"And now that we've got it again," Andarien grinned, "we can go back to the best meals."

"All right, if you two could grab some plates, I think we're set," Shoneah murmured, lifting the pan she was using and shaking it slightly before scooping out the flatcake and adding it to a pile on a platter next to the stove.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:16 pm

By now, Hikaru knew where the plates were and offered to get them. Just as he was getting the plates, Miyuki stepped into the kitchen. She looked quite awake, but she always had been an early riser.

"Flatcakes?" Miyuki asked as she sniffed the air.

Flatcakes was a catch call term for any fluffy thing that was more or less flat and cooked on a large flat surface or pan. By now, they had everything from crepes, to pancakes to something that was so thick and fluffy it was probably more of a cake that just happened to been made in a pan.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:19 pm

"Not much else I know how to do well," Shoneah laughed as she brought the platter to the table. "Join us?"

Andarien also got up in search of the forks and knives to help set the table.

"Morning, Mi," he greeted his sister.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:30 pm

"Morning Andarien, Sliverbirch, Huron," Miyuki nodded to each person in turn, "And I would love to. Fruit and flatcakes are a perfect way to start a morning."

She would say that, Miyuki had a sweet tooth, and having flatcakes and fruit gave her an excuse to indulge so early in the day.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:35 pm

"I'm glad you like them," Shoneah grinned, "but you may want to reserve judgment until you've actually tried them."

It had been a while, so she wasn't sure how they had would turn out. But she was hungry enough that she didn't care.

Once everything was ready, she sat down.

"Did anyone grab the maple syrup?" Andarien asked, looking at the table. "No ... I don't see it ... I'll get it."

And he headed to the storage room to find it.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:44 pm

"You have maple syrup?" Hikaru was a bit bemused by this.

Miyuki shrugged, "When passing through a country that actually had a winter and the right maple trees. We brought quite a bit, because while we could grow a maple tree, my understanding is you can only tap for the syrup when temperatures at quite cold at night but warm enough during the day, this requires the environment to really change in temperature."

So it meant it required an environment where it would get cold and warm.

"Besides, a maple tree would have to grow to a certain size before tapping," Hikaru added being a bit familiar with practice, "To make sure it keeps healthy, you are taking it's food source when tapping. It's like taking honey from bees. Only less dangerous."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:49 pm

"We have bees, too," Shoneah grinned, taking a flatcake for herself. "I'm not sure if you saw them when you were in the gardens. It's pretty incredible how much honey they produce - but then, there are plenty of flowers that are constantly producing nectar, and they have no competition for it here."

And the flowers produced all the time, so it wasn't as if they had to stock up for winter.

She reached for the whipped cream and slathered it over her flatcake like butter, then added a layer of blackberries.

Suddenly Daeron poked his head into the kitchen.

"Morning, all," he said, his words quick and clipped. "Anyone seen Andarien?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Miyuki leaned back in her seat to speak with Dareon.

"In the storage room getting maple syrup. I really should just create a portal door between the kitchen in that room. I had originally intended to create a storage room just for the kitchen, but it would be too much trouble to move all the boxes," she commented.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:54 pm

"A shortcut sounds like a good idea," Daeron agreed. "And thanks, I'll look for him there."

And as quickly as he had appeared, he was gone.

"He seems in a bit of a rush," Shoneah commented as she began to eat.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:56 pm

"Maybe he needed something" Miyuki suggested as she took a flatcake and added whipped cream and some berries before adding another cake to make a sandwich.

Hikaru nodded at this as he too took a cake and added what he liked on it. He suspected it might have to do with whatever Dareon was working on.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:06 pm

"Possibly," Shoneah frowned, "but usually if he needs something for a project, he doesn't care whether he talks to Andarien or me about it."

She was confused, and now curious - and the more she thought about it, the more curious she grew.

"I wonder what project he's working on now," she mused.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Miyuki shrugged, "I don't have a clue, I know he has some stuffed covered."

She knew this because she had gone to her uncle for some more bento boxes and other odds and ends that were needed as their number grew.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:12 pm

That only puzzled Shoneah more. "Hmm ... that's odd. He doesn't usually cover things up ..."

"I got it!" Andarien exclaimed gleefully, coming into the kitchen once more, holding the jug of maple syrup in front of him like a trophy. His eyes were bright, and he just about jumped into his seat before reaching for a flatcake for himself.

Shoneah laughed. "I've never seen anyone so happy to have a topping for their breakfast," she grinned at him.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:24 pm

"Considering the amount of things in the storage room, it probably took a bit to find," Miyuki murmured with a smile.

She knew it didn't take much to take Andarien happy, though she did wonder about it herself.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:29 pm

"But it's pretty well organized," Andarien protested to Miyuki as he poured the syrup on his flatcake, careful not to put on too much. "And besides that, maple syrup is tasty."

He righted the jug again and held it out to the others in case they wanted some.

"Did Daeron find you?" Shoneah asked him curiously, shaking her head at the syrup.

Andarien grinned and offered the syrup to Miyuki and Huron. "Yup!"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:31 pm

Miyuki shook her head, and Hikaru declined politely.

As they were eating their breakfast, Hikaru had to ask.

"What did he need? It sounded urgent."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:41 pm

"Not much," Andarien shrugged, setting the syrup on the table. "Just passing on a message, that's all."

He started eating, which pretty much ended that particular line of conversation.

The next arrival in the kitchen was Takari, and she inhaled slowly as she entered. "Mm ... flatcakes," she breathed, smiling widely. "That smells like a wonderful idea."

Shoneah laughed. "Sorry, but I'm sure I made enough for more than four," she apologized.

Takari waved the apology away. "That's all right. I'll just make enough for everyone. You need to get to work, I realize that. You all go ahead."

"Actually, I was thinking of doing some hunting today," Shoneah murmured with a smile.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next