The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

2 posters

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 20 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:54 pm

Hikaru nodded at this, "Yes, it went well."

Considering how quickly Kaito brushed it off.

"How are the patients?" he asked changing the topic.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 20 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:59 pm

"About ready for travel, and eager to find somewhere safe to live," Kyrie replied, smiling as she looked at the people they'd saved. "I think I'm going to ask Miyuki for those tents and possibly leave tomorrow to take them to Caras Galadhon. I might be gone a week with them, maybe more."

She turned back to him, and her smile widened. "But don't worry, I will be back soon enough. I don't think anyone else will be coming, so I'll have no reason to dilly-dally."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:07 pm

"She's probably in one of the new garden rooms she was experimenting with," Hikaru told Kyrie helpfully, "She said something about having the time to do so."

There were actually two rooms that Miyuki had created, but she left the 'lake and waterfall' room to Cael and Lancariel for when they had time because it was a layout that was pretty standard all over the place. A lake that had a large face cliff for a waterfall. It would use much more complex array versions that were used for the sinks, showers and baths as the water had the cycle through to create an oxygenated lake environment.

This left Miyuki with the rice fields, as her paddy designed was pulled from some Gaian plans so she needed to have more control over how it was created. It too would need a way to cycle water, but she felt that would be a tad less messy than a full out waterfall.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:12 pm

"Thanks," Kyrie grinned at him. "I'll start there. What about you, what are you going to do now?"

She was wondering if he would tell the others about himself or just going about his day as he usually did - or what else he might do, since the patients really didn't need much attention anymore.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:17 pm

Hikaru thought about what he was going to tell Kyrie. At this point, he wasn't feeling up to dodging the question, or thinking of a different answer.

"I'm going to take a nap," he replied honestly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:08 pm

The unexpectedness and sincerity of his response made Kyrie laugh.

"Fair enough," she grinned, clapping him on the shoulder. "You go rest, and I'll see you later. Take care."

She told her husband where she was going, and then went off in search of Miyuki. If, as Hikaru had told her, Miyuki was working on a new outdoor area, she was likely to be in the gardens area, so that was where Kyrie went looking for her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:39 pm

Miyuki sighed as she down at the rice paddy fields she made. There was no rice, or water, or even the proper soil in the fields yet, but the skeleton of it all was made. She would have to get Eron, Cael or Lancaerial to help her with the biological aspect of it, earth was a bit out of her element. She also needed to put in a proper weather system as well...

Otherwise, it looked like a series of small empty shallow pools on a hill that were staggered on top of each other like steps. It was clear that water was supposed to flow from one pool to another until it reached the last pools at the bottom. The pools at the bottom would have no plants as it would act as a draining basin. At the top was where the water was to start, at a flow rate where it would gently fill all the pools up, but not move the soil (once it was put in) or plants, or animals. The stone steps that went to the top of the field would allow easy access.

"I might have made this too high... we don't need this many pools... or rice," Miyuki murmured more to herself.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:46 pm

"No such thing as too much," Kyrie said, overhearing Miyuki's comment as she entered into the new garden, "what how quickly the group keeps expanding."

Then, realizing there was every possibly she might possibly have frightened Miyuki out of her wits, she added, "I hope I didn't startle you."

She knew she walked as silent as any elf and had no magical aura for people to sense. It was just the way she walked - it had been trained into her for survival. She couldn't turn it off if she wanted to.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Miyuki looked up suddenly and breath a sigh of relief. Her ears twitched, she needed to pay more attention to her surroundings, she imagined her first teacher would be slightly displeased with Miyuki for being caught off guard so.

"Just a bit," she murmured, "At any rate, the room is almost done, minus the most important parts...."

Feeling curious, Miyuki began to descend the steps.

"What brings you here?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:27 pm

"Well, Hii..... Huron said that I might find you here," Kyrie replied, remembering suddenly that Huron hadn't told the others about his real identity yet and not wanting to be the one who let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. "I was hoping to borrow your two old tents, the ones you took when you went off with Cael and Lancaeriel in Keliac. I'd like to use them to transport the patients more easily to Caras Galadhon for a simpler trip."

She smiled. "If that's all right with you, of course."

They did after all belong to Miyuki. She didn't know if, now that they were going to be in one place for a while, anyone would want to borrow one of the tents for ... well, a hunting trip or something like that, but if they did they certainly could wait until she was back, couldn't they?
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:57 pm

Miyuki blinked, wondering what Kyrie was going to say but decided it wasn't worth knowing at the moment.

"Sure, it's not like anyone is going to be using them any time soon," Miyuki replied, "And even if someone did, we can wait a week, or I could make more."

It was one or the other and tents worked like rooms, so it was something she could do in her sleep.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:59 pm

Kyrie grinned. "Thanks. They're in one of the storage rooms, right? Possibly the one with the furs and such that we're stockpiling?"

It was the least used storage room (but one of the fuller ones) so it was her best guess as to where the tents might be.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:10 pm

Miyuki nodded in confirmation, "That's where I put it. Do you need help digging it out? There's a lot of things in that storage room."

Certainly far more than the storage room used to keep food, and everything in that room was in boxes to preserve it.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:13 pm

"Oh, you're busy enough," Kyrie laughed. "Don't worry about me. I'll find them somehow."

A little work wouldn't hurt her, after all.

"Thanks, though, for the offer," she added with a smile. "If I can't find them relatively quickly, I'll be back, how does that sound?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:23 pm

Miyuki nodded at this, "Sounds like a plan."

Even though Miyuki felt it wouldn't have taken that long to dig the tents up. However, she was glad to keep on working on the room, otherwise she might lose her train of thought.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Kyrie headed off to find the tents, and once she had found them, prepared them for the trip. The next morning, she left with the people they'd rescued from Poleria. Ahkshi didn't visit the tent nearly as often with his wife and the patients gone, though he did still pop in once in a while to speak with Hikaru.

Things more or less went back to routine for most of the others, but there were of course exceptions - especially now that they were in a new place (for some of the group) and were planning to stay there for a while. Shoneah had enjoyed her hunting trip that one day, and after expressing her delight to Jassin and Lashrael, the two of them asked her if she wanted to go with them on a multiple day hunting trip, to which she agreed wholeheartedly. They had left the same day as Kyrie had left with the patients.

In the tent, of course, things went on as usual, though Andarien was quieter and a bit more sullen than usual - though that was also usual for when he was apart from Shoneah for longer periods of time, so again nothing new. Now though, after having been gone four days, the three were returning, triumphant.

"We're back!" Lashrael announced cheerfully when they entered the tent at last, to anyone who was there to hear her.

Of the three, she looked the most tired, but that stood to reason, considering that she was expecting - true, she was not far along, but the early stages of pregnancy (as Daenis and Takari could both attest to) were the most difficult. Despite that, she looked quite happy, as did Shoneah and Jassin.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:22 am

Now that the patients were gone, Hikaru went about his day as if nothing had changed. He had originally planned to gather plants while he was here, so he spent time doing that. Doing something normal for Huron put him at ease and allowed him to interact with other people by ignoring the fact his original plan was to travel with them.

Which meant he would have to tell them eventually who and what he was.

At the moment though, he was enjoying some more normalcy sitting in the lobby area with Eron. Eron had become interested in the kind of ingredients that Hikaru was bringing back. Even though biological chemistry was not his strong point, it was interesting to talk about the different uses of different things. It was this conversation that the three hunters came upon when they entered the tent.

"Welcome back," Ereon smiled, "I take it the hunt was a good one?"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:28 am

"It was," Shoneah grinned. "We managed to come away with quite the haul - especially thanks to the runed bags, of course. We could carry so much more than usual for a hunt that way."

"Such strange animals here, though," Jassin added with a bemused sort of smile. "I'd never have imagined such creatures."

Shoneah laughed. "Foxes and wolves and weasels ... for me, it's like home, though I suppose I can understand how they would be strange to people unaccustomed to them. Like the jaguars and fossa were for me, back in your country."

Lashrael chuckled softly, but turned her attention to Eron and Huron. "Did we miss anything while we were gone?" she asked them warmly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:40 pm

"Not at all," Hikaru shook his head, "Eron and I were just discussing plants and other matter that can be used in medicine."

Specifically how to extract the exact essence (chemicals) from those plants. It was something Hikaru himself hadn't done for a long while because that required him to be in one place with a workshop. Beyond a mortar and pestle, Hikaru wasn't sure if he had the skill anymore to do exacts. However, Eron did, and Hikaru figured if poked in the right direction, Eron could do it.

It wasn't that Hikaru didn't know how (in theory) to do it, but some of the processes in chemistry might be a bit ify in his mind.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:53 pm

"For four days?" Lashrael asked, grinning, her eyes bright with amusement. "Quite the discussion."

Jassin laughed. "At any rate, once we've washed we can let Holly know we've more furs for winter clothes for those who still need it."

"And I'm going to find Andarien and let him know that I'm back," Shoneah murmured, smiling widely. "I'm guessing he would be in the forge room?"

Though she was also aware that if it had been him gone and not her, she would not have spent much time in the forge room on her own. Of course, it wasn't her life the way it was his.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:56 pm

"He's been in the lab with me helping me through some exactions," Eron explained, "But you could do them too from the sounds of it..."

"I haven't touched a workshop in a bit over three centuries, I wouldn't consider that safe," Hikaru replied honestly, "As for Andarien, he was in the forge room the last I heard."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:16 am

Shoneah's smile grew wider. "Thanks," she murmured; and, taking her bag with her, she hurried towards the hallway.

"Lashrael," Jassin spoke to his wife, "you go rest for a while, let me take care of putting things away. I'll join you once I've spoken with Holly."

Lashrael nodded and shrugged her bag down onto the floor. "Thanks." She leaned over, gave her husband a quick kiss, wished the others a good day, and headed towards their room.

Jassin bent over and picked up her bag, adding it to the one already on his back. "Holly in her workshop?" he asked the other men, nodding towards the workshop hallway.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:26 am

"She maybe in the lab with Shiro," Eron spoke up, "She said she just had some basic stitching to do, so I think she decided to do that while Shiro did research."

Which was becoming the norm for them these days. Eron was starting to wonder if a worktable for sewing, pinning and cutting should be set up for Holly in the lab so she could sit there more often. She seemed to keep on the time better than Shiro and made sure he ate.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:41 am

"Thanks," Jassin nodded. "I'll look there for her."

Shiro had actually fallen asleep while doing his research. Despite having returned to his room at a good time the night before, he had been so curious about something he had read in Lancaeriel's magic tome that day that he had taken the tome back to his room with him and read and studied half the night. While he had managed to keep himself awake for a good long while now, after a while of leaning over the pages with Holly nearby, he had simply let his chin fall to the page and closed his eyes, his finger still on the same word he had been translating before he'd fallen asleep.

Jassin couldn't help but chuckle to himself when he saw Shiro with his head on the open book, and he looked past him at Holly, his expression both amused and curious.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:01 am

Holly shrugged, "I know it's not good for his neck or back, but if I wake him up he'll try to continue to do what he was doing. Honestly, I should be a bit miffed that he took that book with him to his room."

And she should have realized he wouldn't have stopped and she should have stopped him. Well, she knew better now.

"I'll wake him up in fifteen minutes," she added, "That should be long enough to sleep to keep him awake until bedtime. Unless you need him?"

Though she was eying his bag, and she knew he had gone on a hunt, which meant furs.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next