A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 pm

The shopkeeper nodded, and only a brief dark flicker in his eyes showed his disappointment at Hikaru's information of how long the group would be in the area. He continued to add up Hikaru's total, and gave it to him in an even tone.

Wren only laughed at Miyuki's comment. She could see someone in the group deciding to make candied fruit. Actually, when she thought about it, Kaito seemed the most likely to do so. Almost everyone else was busy with other things.

"Maybe we should get Kaito to start making his own candy," she grinned, only half-joking.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Hikaru counted out the money carefully and handed it over the shopkeeper for recounting if needed. He wasn't sure if this was the type of person who would distrust him simply because he was of a different race.

Miyuki thought about it, now that Wren mentioned it, "Why not? He needs something to do, not that I know much about candy making..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:44 pm

"Well, with all the places we've been stopping, I'm sure he could learn easily enough," Wren pointed out. "And I'm sure Shiro has information about it on his tablet - he seems to know something about most everything else, why not candy making?"

For that matter, Kaito probably also had some knowledge of his own already - he loved candy so much.

The shopkeeper double counted the money on his own before he nodded and thanked Hikaru politely but coolly for his business before turning pointedly to his next customer.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:24 pm

"We should, and if he takes to it I'll make him his own workshop for it. Goodness knows it'll keep him busy and candy is a wonderful thing to sell," Miyuki murmured thoughtfully.

Then again she thought that about most food stuffs as she felt it was a good way to connect to people. Everyone had to eat, and everyone had memories connected to food.

Hikaru joined them, glad to be away from the shopkeeper, "What is this I hear about candy?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:27 pm

Wren grinned at Hikaru. "We're going to try to convince Kaito to make his own candy. Perhaps sell it. It's time he makes his own money to get the things he keeps asking others to buy for him. I don't know how he keeps finding the funds for all the purchases he makes."

Though she supposed it was possible he might have some hidden talents.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:34 pm

Miyuki shrugged, "Maybe he brought a lot of things to trade from back in Gaia? I mean, that's what mom did and she still has a lot of stuff, but then again she never needed or asked for a lot, so she's never needed to trade a great deal."

Now that Wren mentioned it, what did Kaito do in Gaia? She kind of knew what Shiro did, but not what Kaito did.

"He's a bit of a mystery," Hikaru admitted.

Nice guy, a bit blunt but nice, beyond that Hikaru admitted, he didn't know what Kaito did in his spare time when he wasn't bugging Shiro.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:37 pm

"Well, he's not very complicated," Wren said thoughtfully as she led the way out of the shop, holding the door for the others. "He likes to sleep, bug Shiro, use the tablet, and play sports. And eat. He's also teaching Andarien and Shoneah how to use a katana - or at least, he was, I don't know if that's still happening. I think it might have gone from Kaito teaching them to Kaito teaching Shoneah and Shoneah teaching Andarien."

Then again, she herself spent so much time with Khetal these days that it was a miracle she knew much about any of the others in their group. And there were a lot of people to keep up with now.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:27 pm

"I don't think it's so much that Kaito is complicated as that he can be contradictory," Miyuki commented having spent a bit more time around Katio (at least growing up) than Wren had, "He is both lazy and yet loves sports and needs to be active, socially dense and wise and can be both a great guy to go to and annoying to be around if you happen to catch his interest."

In othe rwords he was everywhere and no where at the same time.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:32 pm

Wren laughed. "How very true. Of all those with whom we travel, I don't believe any are as contradictive as Kaito is."

Still, he was young. Maybe he would change as he matured.

If he did.

"So where to next?" she asked Miyuki and Hikaru with a smile.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:07 pm

Hikaru thought about it, there weren't a lot of places he could think of.

"I'm not sure actually, these two are the main places. As you pointed out earlier, during this time of year there's not a lot. Unless you want to look at some crafted goods."

Not that anyone needed much from there as he swore most of the basic crafted goods could be made by the group.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Wren considered the idea briefly, but shook her head negatively. After all, the crafted goods wouldn't be much different from what they had been the year before, so it wasn't as if it would be worth looking for the sake of finding something new. And most of what they needed, they could make themselves in the tent.

"Unless you'd like to look, Miyuki," she added, turning to her cousin. "I don't mind going, but I don't have anything I'm looking for or want to see, really."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:00 am

Miyuki thought about it, but the truth was they had passed through this area twice already and she knew there wasn't going to be anything new that she hadn't seen.

"I don't really have anything in mind, not with crafted goods," Miyuki shook her head, "Honestly with the wide variety of people who travel with us, it's getting harder to find anything interesting in crafted goods."

"Yea, now that I think of it, everyone is from all over the place," Hikaru murmured, "To the point where you guys could sell crafted goods instead and do quite well."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:28 pm

"Well, I think that's the idea, eventually," Wren grinned as she turned to lead them back to where the tent had been put up. "I know Daeron is starting to be able to carve for pleasure rather than just furniture - finally. Though at the rate that we get new people joining the group, that may not last long. But Andarien and Shoneah are also preparing to sell things, in between wedding preparations."

Then, remembering that he hadn't been a part of her and Miyuki's conversation about Kaito, she added, "And Miyuki and I were thinking of encouraging Kaito to begin making candy or other sweets for sale, too."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:57 pm

"That actually sounds like fun," Hikaru admitted, "Though hot sugar is a bit dangerous so I hope he'll be careful if he takes up on that idea."

Kaito was this odd person who could be both cautious and not cautious all at the same time.

"I don't often make sweets, though I took a lesson or two in some Japanese sweet making... and I like sweets that preserve fruits," Hikaru wondered if Kaito knew either of those.

"I prefer baked sweets myself, and they're fun to do, but you can't live off of baked sweets," Miyuki replied with a grin suggesting if she was physically able, she would do just that.

Kaito wasn't the only one with a sweet tooth.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:02 pm

"Contrary to some peoples' beliefs, you can't live off any kinds of sweets," Wren said dryly, thinking of her cousin who had quite possibly the sweetest tooth of anyone she knew.

Not that she was immune, though she was far pickier than Earendil.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Both kitsunes laughed as they headed back to the tent.

"Anyone I know?" Miyuki asked, since they had already talked about Kaito, she assumed that Wren wasn't thinking of Kaito.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:49 pm

Wren's blue eyes sparkled with amusement. "You need ask? Your father, of course. Is there such a thing as a sweet that he doesn't like?"

She certainly hadn't seen him turn any down before.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:14 am

Miyuki had to think about, now that Wren mentioned it, she had never seen her ada turn down a sweet before.

"Now that you mention it... but I'm sure he can't like all sweets and he must have a favourite," she pointed out.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:21 am

"You would have to ask him," Wren grinned. "I've never seen him turn a sweet down - with the exception of chocolate, for obvious reasions ... as for favourites, you would have to ask him. Once upon a time it was rock candy, but he's been introduced to so many different kinds of sweets on this trip that it might be something different now."

It wasn't long before they were back at the tent, where things were going on much as they always did. Wren headed off to find Khetal, leaving Miyuki and Hikaru to their own devices.

At dinner that evening, Cael and Lancaeriel had a small announcement for the others.

"While we're in the area," Cael began, looking around at everyone, "Lan and I are hoping to go visit my parents in Garnelia. See how things are for them, and of course see how the kingdom is doing, too. Not until after Andarien and Shoneah's wedding, though, so sometime in the new year. Anyone interested in coming with us?"

"We're not sure how long we'll be gone," Lancaeriel added, "but not more than a season, definitely."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:51 am

"I would like to go!" Miyuki immediately volunteered.

She would love to go again and see how things are going since the last time.

Hikaru thought for a moment, it hadn't been that long ago since he had been there, granted not as himself. Maybe it would be good to go?

"I'll come as well," he spoke up tentatively.

Eron tried to remember anything he could about the place, but he suspected this was before he and Shoneah joined their trip, "I haven't been there, I think this was after Silverbirch and I joined the group, so I'll go as well."

Holly also agreed to go, but she asked first of Shiro would like to go as well. Maybe there would be something interesting for her to see while they were there.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:04 am

There was no way Shiro was going to stay back from this trip - he had stayed in Makshim the last time anyone from their group had gone, and he had yet to meet Cael's family - or Queen Mari, of whom Ahkshi and Kyrie - Kyrie especially - spoke so highly.

Others were less keen. Daenis and Takari of course were expecting to give birth around that time, so they didn't want to do much traveling, and Takari especially was wary of going into a Dark Elven country. Her experience with racial intolerance within the borders of her own country - not to mention within her own family - left her wary, especially of the Dark Elves, and she wasn't willing to submit herself to the stress of going to such a country while she was so vulnerable.

Mirania and Lamruil were all for it - Mirania was both curious and eager to meet more of Kyrie's friends. Shoneah was also curious to see this place - she had heard about it from Andarien (not all of it good) and she knew it was where he had first begun metalworking for himself. Andarien was happy to go back - there were enough good memories of the place, especially since he knew the General was no longer a threat, to balance out the terror of the first half of their visit, when Earendil had been arrested and tortured nearly to death.

Earendil looked at Lin. "What do you think?" he asked her quietly. Like his son, he had mixed memories of the place, but he was able to focus on the good ones.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:13 pm

Lin thought about it, "It would be nice to see how everyone is doing..."

And how the people were coping, the General had destroyed culturally and socially at least a generation of citizens within the country.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:25 pm

In the end, the group was split about half and half for who wanted to go and who wanted to stay. Most of the expectant mothers wanted to stay - except Iorlas, who was willing to bear the travel (at least at the moment, who knew how she would feel by the time the wedding actually took place) so that her husband could also visit the country his brother's family had seen without him.

Rose was the only one undecided, and Geran simply said that he would go if Rose did.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:11 pm

As time marched on, nearly everyone was busy preparing for the wedding that was coming. Though Miyuki was taking sometime to let the town people know she was available for story telling on occasion. It had been a while since she had told stories, as the past several places weren't friendly enough to tell a good story or cast a pretty illusion.

Hikaru was helping Miyuki set up for one of those story telling sessions and was amused to say the least that she also made sweets and displayed spices to go along with her story telling. In other words, to a degree, Miyuki was bribing people with food.

While they were doing this, Miyuki was distracting Hikaru (because he was still a bit edgy about people) by asking about large area illusions and longer lasting illusions.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:22 pm

As Miyuki and Hikaru worked, elves passed them by, some giving them curious glances, some of them ignoring them entirely. As usual, it was children who first had the courage to approach the two and ask what was going on.

It was a little boy, perhaps five or six years old, who slipped his hand out from the grasp of a girl, a few years older than he, and ventured up to them.

"Um, excuse me," he said, sounding shy but trying to be bold, "but what are you putting up here?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top