A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:56 pm

"Oh, you won't need food when we get to Ostacarad," Kyrie laughed. "If I don't promise stories immediately upon my arrival there, I don't get a moment's peace!"

Then, realizing that Miyuki wouldn't know where Ostacarad was, as they had skipped over the country in which it was located when they had first come from Caras Galadhon to Shiezin, she added, "Ostacarad is one of my favourite places to visit, a town in Kelxit, the Earth Elven nation next to Caras Galadhon. They believe that any night without stories around a bonfire is wasted, and they take any and every excuse to throw a massive feast."
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 pm

Hikaru chuckled, he hadn't been to that town specifically but he knew very well Earth Elves were always up for a good story.

"Do all Earth elves like a good story? I think Eron had mentioned something about story telling and Earth elves back when he and Silverbirch first arrived in this world," Miyuki murmured thoughtfully.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 pm

"It's a common trait, yes," Kyrie grinned, "though of course there are variations within any race. I find the people of Kelxit more ravenous for stories than any other country, though. It's a very strong part of their culture."

Patting her basket, she added, "I've got to get home, Ahkshi is waiting for me. I'll probably be out to see you all soon, though. Any word on how preparations for the wedding are going? On track for the new year?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:32 am

Miyuki nodded, "Yes, very much so. Holly has pretty much pressed anyone who can sew into service to help with the clothes. Everyone is having a say in the menu, which is funny."

Because everyone had an opinion on what sort of food they should have.

"The flowers for the wedding are growing nicely..."

The last part was Miyuki's contribution to the wedding, as she could with a lot of work help speed up the growth of whatever plant the couple would want.

"And Andarien and Silverbirch are working hard in the forge room."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:36 am

Kyrie's grin widened. "Somehow I get the feeling that their wedding banquet is going to be one of the biggest celebrations I've ever seen," she murmured. Then she laughed. "And considering that the last time we were in Garnelia, we brought Mari back to the throne, that's saying something."

As an aside, she added for Hikaru's benefit, "I don't know if you've ever traveled through Garnelia ... I would imagine not in the past two hundred years or so ... but there's a Ruavia back on the throne, so it should be safe. And it seems a number of our group are hoping to return there after Andarien and Shoneah's wedding for a visit. I'll probably go with, too."

She had been absent at the meal when the topic had come up, so she didn't know what, if anything, Hikaru knew about the situation and the group's connections with the place.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:28 pm

"I had, more recently," Hikaru admitted, "Not as myself of course. So when the topic came up the other night I agreed to come along as well."

Because as a persona there was only so much he could ask without it sounding suspicious but if he went with them and as himself he might be able to ask more questions. If he didn't chicken out first.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:13 am

"Excellent!" Kyrie beamed. "But honestly, I really do have to run now. I'll see you around!"

And she bid Miyuki and Hikaru a good day and headed home to prepare dinner for her husband.

The weeks passed quickly, and the wedding preparations progressed as hoped. Things were ready just in time for everyone - except those preparing the food - had the last day of the year to rest; and when the sun rose in the morning of the first day of the new year, almost everything was ready to go. There were a few last-minute tweaks, but everyone made their way to the warm, non-humid garden where the wedding was to take place.

A trellis had been set up, grown through the use of magic, and roses blossomed all through it - yellow roses, like the trim on Andarien and Shoneah's wedding clothes. It was wide enough for both of them to stand beneath it, and with some room to spare.

In front of it was an open space, surrounded on all three sides by tables. One side had appetizers and entree-type foods; opposite it were the desserts; and the third table - the dining table from the dining room, large enough to fit everyone, brought out by Daeron (with help) only that morning - was set for people to sit and eat at. The food was all in containers with stasis runes so that it would all keep as if it had just been prepared. All three tables were set with flowing white tablecloths, and there were matching napkins at each of the place settings as well.

There was one other object there that hadn't been present the day before: an enormous mirror, tall as an elf, half as wide as it was tall. This had been Lancaeriel's idea, and she had kept it a surprise from all but her husband (who had helped her to bring it and set it up).

People entered a few at a time. Andarien was one of the first in there, already dressed in his three-piece suit, top hat and all, though he kept fidgeting with his hat as he waited for everything to be ready and things to begin.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:22 pm

Holly was helping with the dress, mainly to help Shoneah get into it for the first time and it gave her a chance to explain how to put it on. That way Shoneah would do so herself if she ever needed to wear the dress again.

That being said, unlike other wedding dresses, one could get into this by themselves (perhaps not with complete ease though).

"There, that should be the last of it," Holly murmured as she made the finishing touches, "Do you feel comfortable?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:29 pm

"Very," Shoneah smiled, standing in front of the full-length mirror Andarien had made for her and turning from side to side to get a better look at herself. "Though with all the measuring and fittings and adjustments we've been doing, it would be very surprised if it wasn't comfortable."

Even the corset was as comfortable as the bustier she was used to wearing.

Her eyes were warm as she turned to Holly and reached for her hands. "I can't thank you enough for this," she murmured, smiling widely. "It's more than I could ever have hoped for."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:24 pm

"I'm glad you like it," Holly grasped Shoneah's hands.

It really was a joy to have helped make the dress, while Holly didn't really like making wedding dresses, making them for friends was something else.

"So, ready?" Holly asked.

She so hoped Shiro would be taking pictures, he was the only one who could.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Shoneah took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Her silver eyes were bright, sparkling with excitement, but, as was so common for her, she was outwardly calm.

"I'm ready," she murmured with a nod.

She took another deep breath and stepped towards the door.

Meanwhile, in the garden, just about everyone had gathered - and since it seemed as though things were ready to begin, Lancaeriel called Lin and Earendil to where she was standing, next to the enormous mirror.

"I've not told Andarien," she confided to them, "but I've arranged for your family to participate - at least, to watch. Luthien, Ruel, Tinuel, Aranel ... and I believe their daughter, Regan, and quite possibly Queen Atalya."

Earendil was stunned. He hadn't even thought to ask if they might do something like that. And he wasn't sure he had mentioned anything about Shoneah to his parents, either ...
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Lin was surprised, which morphed into glee, because this would be perfect.

"That's wonderful! When did you start this?" she asked.

The better question was, how did Lancaeriel contact them without horribly startlingly anyone?

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:51 pm

Lancaeriel's eyes glittered with laughter. "Yesterday. I'm afraid it was ... quite the surprise to be dropping in their laps, but they do understand that with the distance and how busy we all must be, it must have slipped your minds to let them know their grandson was getting married."

She couldn't help but laugh a little. "Cael and I borrowed the mirror from the tailor's in town using a runed bag. The bag needed stretching to get the mirror inside, but what's magic good for, if I can't stretch a bit of material?"

Earendil chuckled. "And when are you going to connect us to them?" he asked her.

Lancaeriel turned her head towards the door of the garden, where Lashrael had just given her a bit of a wave.

"Now," she beamed; and she reached out and stroked the mirror's surface lightly with one finger. Almost immediately, a guest room in the Southland palace appeared with, as Lancaeriel had promised, the whole Aldrich family who lived there present. Regan, Aranel, Tinuviel, Queen Atalya, Ruel and Luthien were seated on a single long couch, each and every one of them looking eager and excited.

Andarien however didn't even notice their presence: that was when Shoneah entered with Holly beside her, and his attention was immediately on no one and nothing else but her.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Lin waved at the group before checking for Andarien over her shoulder. Only to see him captivated by Shoneah. She chuckled as she poked Earendil and nodded to over where Andarien was looking.

"I think he's a bit distracted at the moment."

Not that she could blame him.

Holly grinned from ear to ear as she followed Shoneah into the garden.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Andarien approached Shoneah slowly and held both his hands out to her, and, blushing, she took his hands and joined him in the garden.

"Who is that with your parents?" she asked, nodding at the mirror after greeting Andarien.

"Huh?" Andarien blinked and looked over there to see what she meant. He had noticed the mirror but hadn't thought anything of it.

"I thought you said the wedding was going to be in the tent," Regan spoke up after the family had greeted the others. "It looks like it's outside to me!"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Lin laughed a bit at the comment, "We're in a tent, I assure you, though it's hard to remember sometimes that it is a tent."

After all, if it wasn't a garden, it was something that was similar to a house, with rooms that made no sense whatsoever. Honestly, everyone was pretty desensitized to the strangeness after all this time.

"They seem to be talking to people in that mirror," Holly explained to Andarien, "Since it's a mirror communication, I'm going to assume they are with people far away. Maybe your father's family?"

Since she knew Wren talked with her father, so the neko just made that leap in logic.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:32 pm

Andarien's eyes lit up. "Yeah, that's Neko and Nako and Ninako and my uncle and aunt and my cousin!" he exclaimed. "It's so neat they're here! Well, as here as they can be!"

He turned to Shoneah. "Come on, you should meet them!"

Looking suddenly flustered, Shoneah nodded. "Um ... all right ..."

As the two headed towards where the mirror was set up, Shiro chuckled and stepped up beside Holly. "You did well with their clothes," he smiled at her, tucking his tablet under one arm.

"We really must visit like this more often," Luthien murmured wistfully. "It's been so long since we've heard anything from you - not since Andarien had questions about his forge."

Earendil rubbed the back of his neck akwardly. "Well ... I ..." He tried to think of some reason they couldn't, but he couldn't think of any reason other than that he simply didn't think of it.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 pm

"Did you get pictures?" Holly asked Shiro sweetly.

She grinned from ear to ear, it was a lot of fun to have come up with those clothes. Steampunk wasn't lolita, but it was equally as fun.

Lin giggled at this, "Despite the fact Wren talks to her father on a regular basis, the idea of using a mirror to talk to everyone back in the Four Lands sort of slipped our minds."

"Which is embarrassing..." a voice added, Miyuki stuck up behind her parents having noticed the conversation going on, "Seeing as we've been working with mirrors for smaller communication for a while."

Well when she said we, she meant Shoenah, Andarien, herself and Lancaeriel (for advice).

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Shiro chuckled and pulled his tablet out again. "Only a few of the setup, and of Andarien, so far," he grinned. "I'll be getting more as the day goes on, don't you worry. Battery is charged to full, I've got the spare battery ready just in case, and this is one even I plan to document as fully as I can."

With a slight grimace, he added, "Only videoing their vows, though. The tablet's hard drive space isn't unlimited, after all. Still, I'm sure Mom would like to see that part, at least - not to mention, Grandma."

"Well, you can make up for it by being in regular communication," Luthien said firmly, though her eyes were sparkling. "At least bi-weekly, I'm sure that can't be too much trouble."

"Even Aranxia manages to contact us weekly, sometimes more," Tinuviel added. "And she's expecting a second child already."

Earendil was stunned. "So it's not just with us that there are things to catch up on," he grinned.

"Well, we can fill you in on what's going on with Aranxia and the others in Caras Galadhon," Aranel laughed, "but not right now. It seems we're about to meet your future daughter-in-law." He nodded behind them, where Andarien and Shoneah were approaching the group around the mirror.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Lin turned around to see the couple approaching them.

"Silverbirch, Andarien, come say hello," Lin told the two happily.

She made a note to herself they were very much going to have to invest a mirror for communication. Honestly they should have done this ages ago.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:28 pm

Andarien looked excited to be able to introduce Shoneah to his extended family, but Shoneah looked shy - shyer than she had looked for a long time, since she had first joined the group and before she had opened herself up to getting to know them.

He introduced her and then introduced each of those in the mirror to her, and for a little while they had the opportunity to ask questions about Shoneah - where she was from, how she had come to be with the group, and other things. It was heartening, Earendil thought, to see that even Ruel seemed enthusiastic about Shoneah joining the family.

After a while, however, Kaito came and tapped Lin and Earendil on the shoulders.

"Everyone's here now," he told them quietly, not wanting to be the one who interrupted the party.

And he was right - even Ahkshi had come to join in the festivities of the day and had dressed festively, leaving his physician robes at home. Of course, all of the company's pets were there as well - Xipil, Eon, Zeus, Ponydash, and all the others who lived with the group. Kaede had left Amir with his parents for the moment and was enjoying a game of pounce tag with her siblings.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:02 pm

"I guess we're ready to start then," Lin smiled widely.

She was glad that Shoenah was getting along so well with everyone, and she was very happy to see Ruel was easing up now.

"Are you both ready?" Miyuki asked.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Andarien looked at Shoneah, grinning, and she smiled back at him and nodded. Taking Shoneah's hand, he led her over to the flowered archway. The movement caught the attention of the others, who began to gather around - making sure that there was still a pathway between the arch and the mirror so that those back in Tor Karad could see as well.

Earendil led Lin to stand next to Andarien, as he had been the one entrusted with the ring their son would give to Shoneah. Jassin and Lashrael took up the same position on the other side of Shoneah.

Most of the group already knew more or less what Andarien and Shoneah had decided to do for their nuptuals, but for the sake of those who didn't, Andarien explained briefly.

"We heard a lot of really neat ideas for what different cultures do for their weddings," he said, sounding on the one hand like his typical childish self but on the other hand markedly more mature than usual, "and it took us a while, but we decided on what we wanted to do for our own. Some of you will recognize parts of today as parts taken from your culture ... for others of you, it might all be new. I don't know."

He turned his gaze to Shoneah, and his violet eyes shone brightly with unbridled love and admiration. Her expression mirrored his, and after a slight nod from her, they both put their right hands over their own heart.

Andarien began. "I, Andarien, take you, Shoneah ..."

And Shoneah replied, "I, Shoneah, take you, Andarien ..."

"... for richer, for poorer ..."

"... in sickness and in health ..."

"... to love and to honour ..."

"... to hold and to keep ..."

"... from each sun to each moon ..."

"... from tomorrow to tomorrow ..."

"... from now to forever ..."

"... til death do us part."

They lowered their hands, and Andarien turned to Earendil as Shoneah turned to Lashrael. After being given the rings, they turned back to face each other again.

Andarien held out a small, plain littinum band and slid it only Shoneah's finger. "With this ring I thee wed," he murmured.

Shoneah repeated the action, this time sliding a larger ring onto Andarien's finger. "With this ring I thee wed," she repeated; and then they clasped their hands together and spoke together.

"Make of our hands one hand, make of our hearts one heart, make of our vows one last vow, that only death will part us now. Make of our lives one life, day after day one life."

And then, smiling widely, Andarien added, "Now it begins."

"Now we are one," Shoneah beamed back at him.

"One hand."

"One heart."

And then, together, "One love."

And without waiting for any prodding, Andarien pulled Shoneah close and kissed her gently.

Around them, people burst into applause - and, in a few cases, tears.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Lin smiled as she watched the happy couple, and she couldn't help but ask Earendil softly, "Would you have ever imagined Andarien would be married?"

And the first to marry at that, but then again Lin didn't imagine herself with two children.

Holly grinned as she clapped and looked over to Shiro to see if he managed to catch this part to show the rest of his family back in Gaia.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:14 pm

Earendil only chuckled softly at Lin's question. He knew exactly what she meant.

"And who would have imagined to Shoneah?" he asked her, equally softly. "Considering she was quite frightened of him when she first joined us."

Shiro had indeed caught the entire exchange of vows and rings on video, and now he was snapping pictures with his tablet, his red eyes gleaming brightly with excitement.

Kaito took advantage of the fact that everyone's attention was on the newly married couple to reach into his pocket and pull out a handful of rice. With a cry of glee, he tossed it, a little at a time, at Andarien and Shoneah.

"Hey!" Andarien protested, releasing his new bride, though he was laughing. He was so happy at the moment that he couldn't be annoyed, even with Kaito.

Shiro laughed. Entirely by accident, he had gotten a picture of Andarien and Shoneah just as the first handful of rice had hit them. Eager to share, he held the tablet out to Holly to show her.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top