The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

2 posters

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 34 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:57 pm

Holly leaned over to look and giggled at the sight, "I know we have rice, so I'm not going to ask where Kaito got it from, but still..."

She knew of the tradition, but it would have been nice to warn the couple first. Even if it was a cute picture.

Lin nodded, "That is true... they're so cute though... You know, we are going to be spending a bit more time in Gaia, longer than usual when we get back so Shoneah can see her family."

And make sure everyone got to their families and homes safely.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A - Page 34 Empty Re: A Time To Heal - Makshim, Shiezin 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Earendil smiled and slipped one arm around Lin's shoulder, hugging her gently.

"It's a pity that we still can't communicate between the worlds," he murmured. "Mother and Father will miss us. Still, I can't deny that I'm looking forward to it all."

He watched as others stepped forward to congratulate Shoneah and Andarien, and suddenly a thought struck him. Looking down at Lin, he murmured curiously, "Do you think they would want us to go with them when they see Shoneah's family?"

The two of them had spoken several times of seeing Shoneah's family, but only among themselves - they had never brought it up with anyone else or spoken of having anyone else accompany them.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:24 pm

"Huh... I don't know," Lin murmured thoughtfully, "It would be nice to meet her family though."

As it might be nice for her family to meet them. After all time ran shorter in Gaia, so to an outsider it might appear like a whirlwind marriage (not that Lin hadn't a few those happen as well).

"Though that would mean traveling beyond Barton..."

In Gaia that could mean by some other mode of transportation that didn't involve horse, walking or a ship. She wasn't sure how to feel about that.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:32 pm

"I'm afraid I shall have to take your word for it," Earendil chuckled. "I know nothing of Gaian geography. I'm afraid I can't even quite recall the name of the place Shoneah is from."

And even if he could, how could he know how far it was from Barton?

The corner of his mouth twitched. "I just hope there are ... more comfortable methods of travel that we might use than the ... van."

It took him a moment ot remember the name of the massive wheeled box in which he, Lin and Donovan had traveled to see Lin's grandparents.

"Anyways," he went on, smiling again, "we should welcome our new daughter-in-law to the family."

He winked at Lin and nodded at Andarien and Shoneah. The two were still surrounded and being congratulated by others, but they were slowly making their way through the crowd.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:40 pm

Lin didn't have the heart to tell him there maybe other methods of travel he might dislike more than the van, but decided to leave that conversation for another day. Instead she took his arm and waited as they made their way to the happy couple

Once there, Lin gave the two a bright smile.

"Congratulations," she told the two warmly.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:52 pm

Andarien grinned and hugged his mother tightly, careful as always of her wings.

"Thanks, Nana," he beamed.

"Thank you," Shoneah smiled, though rather than hugging Lin, she seemed to hang back shyly and press ever so lightly against his side.

Earendil on the other hand held out his hand to pass on his congratulations.

"And Shoneah, welcome to the family," he added warmly. "If ever there's anything you need, you should know you're always welcome to come to us."

Soon everyone had had the chance to offer up their congratulations, even those back in Tor Karad, and then the real celebrations began. The feat consisted of all of everyone's favourite foods that they could think of from every culture they had seen, lived in, grown up in, or in some cases even just heard of - as long as they had the ingredients for it, of course. There was even pizza for Andarien.

Throughout the day, people periodically brought out their various musical instruments, and the garden was filled with dancing, conversation and laughter that continued through the rest of the day and into the evening.

It was the perfect beginning to the new year.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34