Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:47 am

"I have some brushes," Cael offered. Then he faltered. "At least ... I think I do. I don't remember what I brought with for the trip, and what I left back in the tent ..."

"I packed them for you," his wife spoke up calmly. "You tend to get antsy if you're in one place for more than a few days without your painting supplies."

Cael smiled and spread his hands in a there-you-have-it gesture. "Brushes."

"Then maybe while you're all getting that taken care of, I'll take Twig to rest for a while," Kaito spoke up, rising to his feet. He bent over and picked up the little boy, who had fallen asleep with tears on his cheeks, his skeletal frame shuddering every few moments with silent sobs, asleep though he was.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:21 pm

"Do you need help?" Lin asked as she watched Kaito.

"Excellent," Miyuki nodded, "So all I need is ink."

Then she would be ready to go, though it might take her a while. This wasn't an array she was overly familiar with.

"I will also need instruction," she glanced over at Lancerial, "Just a bit, this isn't an array I use often, I probably haven't seen it since the last time it was used."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:31 pm

Lancaeriel nodded at Miyuki. "Instruction I can help you with, or even do it with you," she agreed. "Just don't ask me to help you power it, is all."

Cael looked at Mari. "Then if you would be so kind as to show us a doorway which we might use without causing too much disturbance," he requested, "we would very much appreciate it."

The queen nodded. "I'll have Maravel show you a door you may use." She gestured to one of the servants, who bowed and left the room, most likely in search of her counselor.

Kaito started to shake his head at Lin, but then he reconsidered it. "Yeah, maybe help with directions and doors," he agreed. "Thanks."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:38 pm

"That's fine," Miyuki replied, "Between Cael, Hikaru, Shiro and myself we should be able to do this fine. Better than when it was just the two of us."

If she recalled correctly it had been just her and Lancaeriel when they last made a portal.

Lin got up from where she was sitting, "I think I can help with both."

At least she could help with the doors, and she was relatively sure she could help with the directions.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:43 pm

"Very true," Lancaeriel laughed softly. "That was taxing, indeed."

It had taken her several hours to recover - though it was thankfully far better than it would have been in she'd had to do it herself.

Kaito followed Lin towards the door, and then let her lead the way to wherever it was the tent had been put up. It was his first time in the castle, after all, and he didn't know it at all.

"Hey Lin," he said slowly as they walked down the hallway, "why do you think a kid this young would want to keep his name a secret?"
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:14 am

Lin frowned a bit and tried to remember what she could from her childhood. She had heard something about names, but she wasn't sure if that was the case.

"I don't really know, I know some cultures in Gaia believe names hold power. Mom might have mentioned it once that if you deal with the supernatural on a regular basis... whatever is supernatural in Gaian standards, that you don't want to give strangers your full name. You might not get it back."

She knew Yume Winters had dealt with the supernatural a lot when she was alive, but Lin didn't know if her mother believed the same. She doubted it, no one in the family ever not gave their full name to a strange before.

"I honestly doubt that's the case. It's more likely that it's either because his name is foreign sounding, like why Hikaru didn't use his real name, or maybe linked to his grandfather and why he died. Judging by what Gion said, he was probably human, and I can't imagine the General could have felt a human, an old human at that as much of a threat unless that old human had a reputation of some sort. Then again, his grandfather was killed by the man..."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:34 pm

"Old human?" Kaito repeated, glancing at Lin curiously. "Do you mean Twig's grandfather? Who said he was old? If he was killed soon after he got here, he might not be. Have been. Whatever."

He thought a bit more about what Lin had said, her suggestions as to why Twig might want to hide his true name from them.

"Do you really think that the supernatural is the same here as back home?" he murmured. "I mean ... it doesn't sound like there's any ... well ... not many powers at work here, besides the Valar ... and even the fact that there seem to be some ghosts or whatever is ... seems to be the exception, rather than the rule."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:28 pm

"Like I said, I doubt it," Lin replied, "And I just assumed he was old because Twig said that his grandfather ended up in this world one day and met Twig's grandmother. So he had lived in this world long enough to have grandchildren. Though I have no idea how old Twig himself is."

She went on to think about why Twig could have given a different name.

"He could have just not given his name out of distrust. With people not seeing his family, and him swearing they're alive... and I can only imagine how many people turned him out when he started talking to air, at least what it appears to them."

Actually now that she thought about it, what happened to the grandmother?

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top