Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:22 pm

"Huh..." Lin murmured quietly to her husband, "Maybe half human?"

While rare, it wasn't unheard of.

"I'll go get my medicine chest," Hikaru spoke up, "Miyuki, perhaps grab some water both for drinking and for cleaning?"

Miyuki nodded at this, "I'll get that."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 pm

"Half human might help explain why he's wandering the forest," Earendil agreed thoughtfully. "I wonder if Shoneah's managed to find whoever was with him."

Kyrie meanwhile was tending to the boy. "Someone fetch a pillow," she requested. "A blanket, too."

"I'll get it," Mirania murmured, heading to her and Lamruil's room to fetch some.

The boy was blinking slowly and looking around. "Hey what kind of house is this?" he murmured slowly. "Have you got food here?"

He looked at the empty space next to Kyrie and frowned. "No, they look nice," he mumbled.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:41 am

Lin blinked once, blinked twice and decided that either the boy had an imaginary friend (which wouldn't be too out of place in Gaia) or there was an invisible person (which would be the least weirdest thing a Gaian would have to deal with).

"Hey..." Lin squated down so she wouldn't be looming over the boy, "Who are you talking to?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:48 am

The boy looked up at Lin, though the effort to do even that seemed exhausting to him. His brow furrowed ever so slightly for the briefest of moments, and he raised one hand weakly and pointed past Kyrie.

"Mama," he murmured. Quiet as he was, his tone made it clear that he thought the answer should be obvious.

Kyrie looked around and frowned. She could see no one, and Uruloki wasn't smelling anyone else.

"Is anyone sensing anything?" she asked, looking around for the mages.

Cael and Lancaeriel were standing nearby, and Lancaeriel looked to her husband for an answer. He closed his eyes and concentrated for a moment; but very soon, he looked at the boy and shook his head. "Nothing," he said quietly.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:56 am

Lin didn't know what to make of it, but with the young boy being in such an ill state (and probably traumatized) she didn't want to question it too much at the moment. Before she could make another comment though, both Hikaru and Miyuki came back with the things they had gone to get.

"Ah good, we're both back at the same time," Hikaru smiled as he carefully set down is medicine chest.

The kitsunes sat close to the boy in a kneeling position.

"Would you like some water?" Hikaru asked the boy.

As he was more worried about dehydration than anything else at the moment.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:59 am

The boy's hand dropped to the floor with a clunk and he turned his eyes to Hikaru.

"Yes," he murmured, his gaze softening a bit.

Kyrie slid one hand below the boy's head and raised it slightly so that he could drink.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:08 am

Miyuki carefully brought the cup of water she had brought with her to the boy's mouth. Slowly she tipped it only slightly so the boy could drink.

Hikaru watched carefully as he didn't want the child to become sick from drinking water too fast or too much.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:15 am

Most of the water dribbled down the boy's chin, but he sipped at it slowly, licking his lips every few seconds.

As he was drinking, Mirania returned with a blanket and a pillow for the boy to use. "Here," she said, looking at him anxiously and kneeling on the other side of the boy from where Miyuki was. "Whenever you're ready."

The boy tipped his chin down, pushing the cup away ever so slightly, and smiled weakly at the space behind Mirania. "See?" he murmured. "Nice."

Suddenly the boy's stomach made a gurgling, growling noise.

"Can someone fetch some food?" Kyrie requested, looking around at the others and raising the boy's head a bit higher so that Mirania could put the pillow beneath it. "Something light."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:22 am

"The best thing would be a soup or porridge," Hikaru murmured thoughtfully.

He couldn't quite remember what pre-made food they had still in preservation boxes, and unfortunately they didn't have a kitchen like the one in the main tent. The time saved on cooking food with the runes embedded on the cooking areas were a life saver when cooking for such a large group.

"I'll see to see what we have," Holly offered.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:25 am

"Miyuki, if you could keep trying to get him to drink, I'll check him over for wounds," Kyrie suggested, laying the boy's head back on the pillow.

"He looks like he's starving," Lancaeriel murmured sadly, reaching for her husband's hand.

Cael gave her hand a squeeze but kept his focus on the boy. "Let me know if there's anything I can heal," he told Kyrie quietly.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 pm

"Okay," Miyuki nodded as she carefully continue to help the boy drink.

Meanwhile, Holly looked to see what they had for leftovers. While they didn't have soup, they did have stew, so that might do she thought as she considered what they had. If they had bread, then the boy could soften it in the stew.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 pm

While all of this was going on, Shoneah had been searching for the person to whom the boy had been speaking; and now she entered the tent, with Andarien close behind her.

"I can't find anyone," she told the others, her tone slightly anxious. "Not even tracks."

She looked down at the boy, who was barely drinking the water that Miyuki was giving him, taking only little licks of it at a time.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:37 pm

"I don't think you will...." Lin trailed off as she went over to Shoneah and spoke quietly, "He was talking to someone beside him earlier. I can't tell if he's talking to air or if there's someone we can't see. Being Gaian, I know the latter isn't impossible..."

Though highly improbable, there was only so much weird that could happen in an average Gaian's life, though as they were all proved, there was no limits to weird they could experience.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:22 pm

Shoneah blinked as she tried to absorb what Lin had told her, then frowned.

"Someone invisible?" she repeated. She looked around at the others. "Has anyone sensed anything?"

Cael overheard the question and shook his head. "Nothing."

Kyrie was still kneeling beside the boy, but she had finished checking him over for wounds. "Well, there's some good news," she sighed as she sat back on her heels. "No injuries. Just malnourished."

Shoneah looked to Lin. "Hallucinations, perhaps?" she suggested in an effort to explain why the boy had been speaking to no one.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:27 pm

"It's quite possible..." Lin admitted.

Though the boy seemed pretty coherent, and there was always the opinion that he was seeing the dead. Something Lin knew was possible from Daemon, but not something she had ever considered.

Holly at this point finally came back, "I have soup and bread, the soup isn't plain, but it's not cream based so I think it should be alright."

Then again they didn't really make cream based soups, but they had soup. Mainly because it was the best way to use the bones of any animals they cooked so nothing went to waste.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:32 pm

The boy was still slurping at the water Miyuki was giving him, his eyes half closed.

"Would you like to feed him or shall I?" Kyrie asked Holly, looking up at her from her position on the floor.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:02 pm

"Maybe you should," Holly bent down to hold the items out to Kyrie, "I'm not sure if I would be doing it right."

He looked like he would need quite a bit of help and she was worried about over feeding him by accident. She knew that wouldn't be good for him.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Kyrie took the food and dishes from Holly and sat cross-legged on the floor so that her muscles wouldn't cramp.

"I'll take over, Miyuki," she told the kitsune quietly. "Thank you."

As she began to feed the boy, she asked the others, still in a soft tone, "Does this change things? Do we stop here for the day and see if we can find the boy's family? Or do we take him with us to Dekra?"

"I find it hard to believe he has a family to find," Shiro murmured under his breath. "Even if he does and we brought him to them ... it doesn't look like they could care for him."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:53 pm

"At least try," Hikaru replied softly, "To at least find out what happened. It's very rare for any elven child with a family to go hungry like this. The circumstances would need to be pretty dire."

Elves were very different than the humans of this world Hikaru found. They tended to look after each other, especially if they were family. He couldn't quite say the same for orphans, especially if they were not 'pure', and he was pretty sure this child was not just of one race.

Voicing that thought he added, "I'm also a bit worried because he looks like he might be of mixed heritage. They might have been laywayed by something or someone."

He had seen enough of it to know there were people who would do that, as much as it pained him.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:55 am

Kyrie nodded.

"Well, we could ask him where he's from once he's got some food in him," she suggested. "Surely he can tell us something about himself."

"If he doesn't fall asleep first," Kaito pointed out.

Indeed, the boy did look as though he were ready to pass out, though he was nibbling at the stew-soaked bread that Kyrie was holding to his lips.

"Maybe we should just wait until he sleeps a bit and then ask him if he has a family," Andarien said logically. "Then we know which way to go."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:33 pm

It was logical, though there was a bit of worry in Hikaru's mind that if this family was in trouble then waiting may not be a good idea. Then again, with the amount of starvation the boy went through, he had to have been separated from his family for a long time. Another day wasn't going to make a difference at this rate.

"That's a sound idea," Hikaru agreed.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:36 pm

"Maybe if we spoke his language, he might add to the conversation," Kaito suggested with a flick of his tail. "He seemed conversational enough earlier."

Earendil blinked. That was true ...
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Miyuki chuckled sheepishly, because that was quite true, even though the boy looked quite tired. Deciding to be the one to break the ice, she kneeled down beside Kyrie.

"Kyrie," she spoke in the boy's language, "Would it be okay to have a quick word with our guest?"

As she didn't want to interrupt the feeding if that wasn't alright.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:36 pm

Kyrie nodded without taking her eyes off the boy. "As long as he's up for it," she replied. Directing her words to him now, she asked, "What do you think? Up for some talk?"

The boy's eyelids lifted slightly, and he perked up visibly when he heard his own language.

"I don't get to talk to people much," he murmured, a faint smile on his lips.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:24 pm

"No?" Miyuki was mildly surprised by this statement as it implied already that he had no one, "Do the people you live with not talk very much?"

It was a round about way of asking if he had family or anyone at the very least.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top