Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Revisiting Garnelia - 120 4A

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Lin giggled a bit at Shiro's comment, "Come now, this is serious. Kaito can be serious when the situation calls for it, and he is good with children."

Most of the time that is, as far as she knew.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:55 pm

"I know," Shiro murmured. "But there's a difference between knowing and believing."

He sighed and looked around for his bag again. "Well, we might as well get going."

And as soon as Hikaru had the futon set up for the boy in Shiro and Kaito's room, they did just that. They packed up the tent and continued on their way to Dekra, the capital of Garnelia.

It took them almost until nightfall, and the sun was just sinking below the horizon when they finally reached the walls of the city. The guards at the gate recognized Cael and Kyrie and let the group in immediately. From there it was another half hour's walk to the palace. They didn't know where else to go - they had no idea whether Cael's parents were still living in the palace or whether they had a home of their own now. Besides that, if his parents did have a place of their own, the others didn't want to intrude - Kyrie at least would be much more comfortable as a guest of her friend, the queen.
Nara-pyon
Admin

View user profile http://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:12 pm

"I wonder how much things have changed since we were last here," Miyuki murmured as they made their way to the palace.

Hikaru's ears twitched, "Has it been a long time? I've only been here twice, the first time I ended up being on the run, the second time was a while after the General was killed."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:32 pm

"It's barely been a year since Mari took the throne back," Kyrie said as they passed through the streets. She looked around. "It certainly seems more cheerful. People are out in the streets ... not a lot, but that's not surprising, considering how late it is. Still, when the General was in charge, no one was in the streets. Ever."

"Because if they were, they were arrested and tortured," Cael quipped, straight-faced.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Hikaru nodded, though he never experienced such a thing, he had a suspicion the first time he was here. Also, it was rare to have anyone react negatively to their own race. Actually, now that he thought about it, (because it had been a century or two ago), he was sure he had killed off that persona, faking his death because the soldiers had been so persistent. Lost of few of his belongings in that one too...

"Something I'm glad we don't have to worry about this time," Lin murmured as she hooked her arm around Earendil's.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Earendil slid his hand into his wife's and then cupped his other hand around it, too. This was definitely better than the last time he had entered the city.

"I'm curious, Hikaru," Shiro said, looking at the kitsune. "What appearance did you have when you were chased out of here? I mean, after the General was killed. I know that when he was alive, no one was safe, but I kind of thought that after the Queen had taken over again, people would be safe ..."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:43 pm

"Oh most certainly," Hikaru agreed with a nod, "The second time I was here after the General died was much better. That being said, if you're a Dark Elf, it's really really easy to go through here, because so many people were displaced by him. The first time though, was a really long time ago when he was ruling."

The kitsune paused as if to remember those early days of his, it must have been longer ago than he originally thought, because that was when he was starting out.

"At the time I was still trying to find my feet, my language skills were dodgy at best and I didn't make it through the countries with the ease I do now. So when I first came across the country, I knew it was a Dark Elven country and that the situation was bad, but I didn't know how bad until I nearly got arrested, and then chased. I can't tell you much about that particular persona, other than he was a Dark Elf, because he died."

He paused in that thought and then admitted to Shiro.

"I actually don't know if they even brought his death. I mean, I illusioned some dead wood floating in a river to be that body, that probably wore off after a few hours."

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:55 pm

"Well, by that time, they would have no way to track you anymore," Kyrie smiled, "so I'm sure they'd have simply given up and neglected to tell the General about you."

When the group reached the palace, they were allowed to enter but were asked to wait just inside while their presence was announced. They were waiting less than half a minute before there was an excited squeal from a tower doorway.

"Caaaaaael!"

Iadrim, Cael's little sister, now sixteen years old and more beautiful than she had been the year before, was running at the group, her dark eyes bright with excitement, arms wide. Cael barely had the time to drop his bag before she pounced on him and hugged him fiercely.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Miyuki chuckled, Iadrim certainly had grown since the last time she had seen the girl.

"That was quick,"
she commented.

She wondered if Iadrim happened to have been passing by.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:07 pm

"Quick?" Iadrim giggled, looking at Miyuki but continuing to hug her brother. "Why? When did you arrive?"

"Just now," Cael chuckled, returning the hug. "You weren't told, then, of our arrival?"

Iadrim giggled again. "Nope! I was just on my way down to dinner! I was running a little late, I got distracted."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:31 pm

"Perfect timing then," Lin smiled.

"If it's not too forward," Miyuki spoke up, "What distracted you?"

It was quite late.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:42 pm

"Checking the flowers in the conservatory," Iadrim smiled, blushing faintly. "Oh, everything is so different from when you were here last! It's actually quite beautiful now!"

"Is the whole family still here?" Cael asked his sister as she finally let him go.

She nodded. "Papa talks of finding a house for us, and Mama sometimes says that Grandmama must be very lonely living on her own, but Queen Mari says that there really isn't any need for them to rush to find a place, that we're welcome as long as we wish, and that if Grandmama is lonely, that she is welcome to come live here, too. Though, honestly, I don't think that she would - it would be so much harder for her to treat people if she did."

She was interrupted when the messenger reappeared.

"Her Majesty bids you join her at dinner," he said formally, bowing his head. "If you would follow me."

Cael picked up his bag again and Iadrim planted herself between him and Lancaeriel, one arm linked with each of them.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:46 pm

"We should check out the conservatory sometime," Miyuki commented to her brother softly as they made their way to the dining hall.

It was after all, their pet project when they were last here. So it would be nice to see how it looks now.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:03 am

Andarien nodded. Shoneah shot him a curious glance, and he explained about what the conservatory had been like on their first visit there.

Very soon, they arrived at the dining hall, where the rest of Cael's family - his parents, Arphenion and Dae'er, and his other three brothers, Ruaven, Hamir and Janos - were sitting around a table, with Queen Mari at the head, and Maravel, her one-armed counselor, across the table from her.

There were excited greetings all around, and Cael and Lancaeriel joined Cael's family while Kyrie introduced Mirania and Lamruil to Mari.

"And I see several other new faces," Mari commented, looking at Shiro, Holly, Eron, Shoneah and Hikaru. "And I can see someone has grown up quite a bit." This she added, looking at Andarien.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:45 pm

"Well it has been a while," Lin replied with a smile before introducing all the new faces and their relations to each other.

Now that she thought about it, of the people who had to be introduced, four actually hadn't been part of the group the last time they were here.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:48 pm

"And my brother, Kaito, is still inside the tent," Shiro added once they had been introduced, holding up his bag sheepishly. "And a child we found this morning, nearly starved."

Mari's expression turned from curiosity to concern in an instant. "Do you need to let them out?" she asked. "If you'd like, we can hold dinner while you do so. There is plenty of room over there."

She gestured towards a corner of the room. Of course, the room was enormous, and the few people in it took up so little space, and the unused tables were absent from the room; so there was plenty of space all around.

Shiro glanced at Holly. "I think we'd better," he smiled, amused. "Kaito might be a bit upset if he knew we were here and weren't letting him out when we could."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Holly thought about it, and then realized that yes, Shiro was quite right about it.

"Good point... Let's do that, even if they're not ready to leave, it would be nice for Kaito to know we've arrived," Holly murmured, "Do you need help?"

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 pm

"Please," Shiro nodded. "We can't pound pegs into the ground so I may need someone to stabilize it a bit."

To the others, he added, "Don't worry about waiting for us, you all take a seat and go ahead and eat. It's been a long day for all of us."

Most of the others went straight for the table, but Earendil hesistated, willing to help Shiro and Holly if they needed another hand.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Holly nodded as she helped Shiro unravel the tent. While not as short as Lin, Holly wasn't that tall, so there was only so much she could do to help hold it up while it was being pitched.

"We might need another hand," she commented.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Without hesitating, Earendil stepped forward to help. He was plenty tall, after all, and so it was quite easy for him to hold it up while Shiro and Holly stabilized it.

"Thanks," Shiro smiled at his cousin as he and Holly worked to finish it up.
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:07 pm

Once it was up, Holly stepped in to find Kaito and the boy. If she recalled correctly, the boy was sleeping in Kaito and Shiro's room. Unless he was already up and about, which Holly kind of doubted considering the condition the boy was in.

"Kaito?" she called out.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:20 pm

"In here," Kaito's voice came from his and Shiro's room. "C'mon in, the kid's awake."

Shiro was only a few steps behind Holly, but now he smiled at her and motioned for her to lead the way forward.

The room was fairly small and simple compared to their room in the main tent, but it was comfortable enough. Their futons were against opposite walls and there wasn't much else in the room; and the futon that had been set up for the boy was against the back wall. He was half sitting up in it now, propped up by pillows, munching slowly on a chunk of bread. He was taking small bites, chewing them for a long time before swallowing, and after each swallow he took a sip of water from a flask next to him.

"He just woke up a few minutes ago," Kaito explained as Shiro and Holly came into the room. "Haven't had much of a chance to talk yet."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:50 pm

"We just arrived," Holly explained, "We're right now in the dining hall. Do you want us to bring you some food?"

Since she knew the two were eating whatever was left over in the tent at the moment.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Kaito's yellow eyes gleamed at the thought of more food, but then he checked himself and looked over at the boy.

"You know what?" he murmured, turning back to Holly. "I'm gonna stay with the kid for now. He still doesn't know we're not in the forest anymore. You go ahead. If the tent is still set up when we've talked a bit, then I'll come out with him. Unless others come in here first, anyways."
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:08 pm

"Okay, and we'll come back to warn you if we're backing up the tent again to take to a room," Holly added, "Since we won't be staying in the dining room all night."
That way there wouldn't be a fright if they tried to leave.

Kara Winters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top