The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

2 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A - Page 14 Empty Re: Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:43 am

"I'm trying to rack my brain on what Galanna told us about what she had read in the library in Caras Galadhon. Normally I would think of this as a small matter and wouldn't write about it, but with Eron and Shoneah there it might be good to point out," Lin set down her pen and looked thoughtfully at Earendil, "If Caras Galadhon has records, no matter how small of possible Gaians, then possibly Arda has the same thing and it's just no one was looking."

She wondered how often it would happen, probably rarely she would assume, at least to those here in this world since time travels much faster.

"I think it would be good to acknowledge that there are hints of it before writing about Eron and Shoneah. I think it might be something that Sir Valdemar might want to look into. Who knows, maybe there was a whole story written about someone from Gaia no one realized it."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A - Page 14 Empty Re: Wandering Through Wolsic - 119 4A

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:54 am

"I really don't think Galanna gave us any details," Earendil mused. "She just said she guessed from reading between the lines of books that there were other worlds out there."

He was confused though about what she said about Eron and Shoneah. "Why would it be important to acknowledge travel between worlds before talking about Eron and Shoneah? I mean ... Aunt Elnara ended up passing between worlds, and so did your grandfather, Daemon ... the book is for our families, isn't it? So that we don't have to tell the same stories over and over?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:01 am

Lin looked up from her writing and glanced over at Earendil, "I was under the impression that wouldn't just be for our families. We're going to have to talk about it over and over anyways, no one who knows us is going to want to just read a book if we're there. If we're not yes, but..."

She shifted in her seat to get more comfortable.

"I think this can be something for other people to read. We're learning so much and seeing places that most will never see, why keep it just to ourselves? Put it in writing so people can read for themselves what is out there, beyond just maps being made. As for talking about it, Galanna didn't give us details, but she said there were tales, stories that unexplainable things which did lead her to believe there were other worlds out there. I believe connecting the fact that someone like Galanna made that possible connection and the fact that complete strangers like Eron and Shoneah came here could encourage others to look more deeply into old stories where unexplainable things happen."

Maybe it was because Lin came from a world where books were just taken for granted, but she understood that writing in such a way could encourage other ways of thinking. She understood that if she wrote for others, not just for family members it could teach other people many things.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:09 am

Earendil nodded thoughtfully. "I hadn't thought about it," he admitted. "I suppose I just never considered that anyone beyond family would be interested in where we've been and what we've done. Or ... any of it."

He smiled sheepishly. "I'm starting to believe that I'm rather shortsighted."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Lin pressed her lips together, trying to gauge weather or not her husband realized the horrible pun he made. Though seeing how often his handicaps frustrated him, it might be too early to be making puns.

She coughed before patting him on the arm, "To be fair we've grown rather desensitized to a degree in what we see. Sure they're all interesting and fascinating when we first see them, but we tend to expect things will be different from what we're use to."

Lin paused and thought about the things that back home would be unthinkable.

"Like.... dragons that can become companions, or the fact there are plenty of dragons in certain countries. Other races of elves other than Light and Dark. Magic that is race base rather than the variety that can be seen back in the Four Lands... the large number of countries..."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Earendil wasn't sure what her reaction to his comment was all about, but he let it pass.

"I guess it's true, we do sort of get desensitized to it all," he admitted. He set his sword aside and uncrossed his legs, sitting comfortably with his arms on his knees. "A few years ago I would never have believed all these things that we now take for granted. Everything you said."

He passed one hand over his face and then smiled at Lin. "Do you think they'll even believe us?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:03 pm

"I think up to a point," Lin admitted, "Well... our family and friends would believe us simply because we make an unintentional habit of running into really weird situations."

It had become a matter of fact really.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:07 pm

Earendil chuckled. "Very true. But others, do you think they-"

He was cut off when suddenly the ground began to shake. Small rocks around them began to dance around on the ground, larger ones rocking back and forth. The exterior of the tent shook as well, the walls flapping as if in a violent wind.

Wren, who had been working by the fire, quickly snatched the pot that had been on to boil so that it wouldn't slop over.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm

It was a good thing Lin was using a fountain pen and not an ink well otherwise it would have spilled. She looked around to see where everyone was and how the group outside was fairing. Waiting until after the earthquake passed, Lin spoke up.

"That was a very strong earthquake..."

And wouldn't be the last, there were still the aftershocks.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 pm

"And a long one," Earendil added softly, his brow furrowed. "Didn't Kyrie say something about tunnels? For the materials she and Shoneah and Eron were going to get?"

That was a worrying thought, considering the quake that had just taken place.

"They'll be fine," Wren spoke up from where she was cleaning up the fire that had gotten knocked around. "They have Uruloki with them. I'm sure he'll keep them safe down there, whatever happens."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:04 pm

Lin nodded, though she was still worried about their safety.

"Wren is right, Uruloki is with them... though I wonder if this means they might be heading back early or if they managed to get the materials they need already."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:09 pm

"Either way, we have no idea where they went," Wren pointed out, "so even if we wanted to go after them, we couldn't. We really have no option but to wait."

She set up the grill over the fire and put the pot back on.

"Waiting is hard," Earendil sighed. He chuckled softly and looked at Lin. "Now I sound like Andarien."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Lin chuckled at this, "But it's an understandable sentiment."

She watched the fire for a moment before adding.

"Hopefully the aftershocks won't be as strong."

Otherwise it might be a bit difficult to go anywhere or get any cooking down if they were just as strong.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:39 pm

"Hopefully," Earendil agreed.

"I know we'd all like to eat eventually," Wren chuckled. "If the aftershocks are strong, I'll have to cook inside. It's just not the same."

She brushed her hands on her pants and stood up. "Well, nothing more I can do until it boils. I think I'll check inside the tent and make sure that quake didn't do anything inside. It was worse than any we've had since Lancaeriel and Cael put the protections on the tent."

She turned to Earendil and Lin, who were nearest her and the fire. "Give me a shout if I'm not back when it boils?"
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:27 am

"We will!" Lin replied.

Meanwhile in the tent, Miyuki was entering the kitchen, wiping some ink off of her hands. While she had been using a pen to write, she had been in the middle of writing while it was happening and her hand slipped. Making contact with the paper she was using for her work.

It actually hadn't been that bad, while it rumbled outside, it wobbled inside the tent, but it was enough to break her concentration.

"I think... the runes held up," she muttered.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:42 am

Cael and Lancaeriel had been sitting in the living room when the quake had taken place, and they had more or less ignored it. They had every faith in their runes. But when they heard Miyuki's comment from the kitchen, they smiled at each other.

"I'll check," Lancaeriel murmured to Cael, putting one hand on his as she rose from her seat of cushions, what they were using at the moment since they had yet to get any real furniture. Because the runes deadened the effect of any quakes, they would of course have no idea how strong it was.

She entered the kitchen only a few moments after Miyuki, and she bit her lip in chagrin when she saw the ink on Miyuki's hands.

"Spill?" she asked sympathetically.

Just that moment, Wren came in from outside. She blinked when she saw Miyuki and Lancaeriel. "All right in here?" she asked. "That was a doozy of a tremor."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:46 am

"We're fine," Miyuki held up a hand, "Though my hand slipped so the array is at a lost since it didn't fully dry."

She hadn't yet gotten to the point where she could just use magic to etch runes that took far more concentration to do on top of the focus on just getting an array right. Though she supposed even if she could, she wouldn't have done so for a first time array because she simply didn't know anything about the array or how it worked.

"It only felt like a wobble rather than a shake," she added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:50 am

Lancaeriel looked at Wren. "How bad was it?" she asked. "I know you said a doozy, but ... I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the term."

Wren rubbed the back of her neck and smiled ruefully. "Fire needed rebuilding, rocks were dancing ... and Earendil's worried about those down in the tunnels." After a paused, she added, "How about the others in here?"

"I think it's just Mailon," Lancaeriel said thoughtfully. "Shiro and Kaito were out for a hike or something."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:53 am

"And I think Andarien is out training with his Pokemon," Miyuki added.

She wondered how Mailon was doing, though if he had traveled around a lot, he was probably use to earthquakes and this one didn't feel so bad.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:16 am

"He was fine, too," Wren said quickly, reassuring the other two. "Ponydash didn't like the quaking so much, but the others pretty much ignored it."

Just then, Wren was called back outside for her boiling water and the others all went back to what they were doing. Before long, they were called outside for lunch. While they were out there, Shiro and Kaito returned from their walk and joined them. It was nearly another half hour (and two small aftershocks) later when Kyrie, Shoneah and Eron returned.

"Well look at them all," came Kyrie's voice, sounding amused, as they approached. "Sitting around and enjoying themselves. I wonder if they left anything for us."

"Or anything for the new addition to our group," Shoneah added more quietly. She had something small and dark curled up in one arm. She looked at it now, a thoughtful and slightly bewildered look on her face, and then she shook her head slightly and looked forward once more to watch where she was going.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Miyuki perked up at that comment, mainly because it always meant an interesting story behind it all.

"Who or what did you find?" she asked looking to Shoneah.

The other girl was holding something, that was for certain.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Shoneah lifted her arm, and a small head poked up from the dark silhouette.

"The earthquake got an egg rolling somehow and it ended up in the magma and hatched, and this guy seems to have adopted me," she said flatly. "Cute fellow, I admit it, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with him."

When they reached the others, she sat next to Miyuki and set the creature in her lap to show her friend. It was a little dragon, the size Uruloki liked to be when he wanted to participate in conversations (or get spoiled with affection by Kyrie), but rather than red and gold, he was a midnight blue, nearly black, with silver specks on its back and a silver underbelly, as well as the underside of its wings. Its eyes were dark, no white showing, but even so it was easy to tell which way it was looking. At the moment, its gaze was fixed on Shoneah.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 pm

"He's so cute," Miyuki grinned looking at him.

She supposed Shoneah wasn't use to the idea of having a companion, but since it was clear she was the person he had bonded with, she was stuck with him.

"And we do have enough food for everyone," she added.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:18 pm

"Good," Kyrie grinned. "I'm starving."

"Coming up," Wren grinned; and she prepared to serve three more lunches.

Shoneah looked down at the dragon and smiled softly. "He is cute," she admitted. She ran one finger along the tiny dragon's spine, and it made a pleased noise and closed its eyes. Its wings lifted slightly but stayed curled closed.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:37 pm

"So what's his name?" Miyuki asked.

She figured Kyrie had named Uruloki, since she wasn't sure if a baby dragon could even talk yet. Besides, he was going to need a name.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next