The World of Arda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

2 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 24 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:38 pm

"You think so?" Miyuki asked tilting her head.

Since they were clothes she had never seen Gwen in, it was kind of hard to say. Though Wren did look quite good in them.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A) - Page 24 Empty Re: Dashing Through Dolerum (119 4A)

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Gwen grinned at Miyuki. "I do. But that's not really a bad thing." Turning her attention to those who were just arriving, she called out, "About time you two got here. What did you do, sleep in?"

Wren laughed. "Don't be silly. Your mother simply insisted we have a proper breakfast before heading out."

"And asking question after question after question about Wren's home city," Khetal added dryly. "We're lucky we made it out here even this early."

The deliverymen headed towards Miyuki. "Where would you like these?" asked the one who was carrying two large sacks.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

https://twoarda.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:25 pm

"Just near the door," Miyuki motioned.

She would get help to bring it the rest of the way in. Maybe she could tell Kaito there was rice, he would bring it in pretty quickly she was sure.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:32 pm

The men set the sacks down as she had asked, and with a quick nod of the head, they turned to leave.

"So, shall we get all of these things inside?" Gwen said brightly, gesturing towards the tables and sacks. "Shall we call on some more recruits?"

"There does seem to be quite a lot," Wren admitted.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:35 pm

Miyuki grinned and poked her head into the door, "A delivery of rice and rice flour just got here, who wants to help bring it in?"

She was banking on the fact Kaito was in the kitchen.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:44 pm

Kaito was indeed in the kitchen, as were most others: Lancaeriel had not been kidding when she had said that she was going to get as many people as she could to help with setting up for the wedding celebrations.

"Rice?" he exclaimed, suddenly excited. "I'll help! And Lancaeriel, I'll help with dinner tonight!"

He slipped past Miyuki and went outside for the bags.

Shiro laughed. "I'm guessing he's adding sushi to tonight's menu," he grinned. "Nice job, Miyuki."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:55 pm

"I figured there would be a few people who would miss rice for things other than sushi," she emphasized sushi.

Miyuki loved sushi, she had no issues with it, but she knew very well that wasn't the primary food back in Gaia for the Winters. Besides, she herself preferred rice balls.

"I would prefer mochi myself,"
Lin commented from where she was working, "But that is a very time consuming treat. Though... if Kaito makes too much rice we could have congee with whatever leftover meats from dinner for breakfast...."

Congee was like chicken noodle soup, it was a comfort food.

Leaning slightly against the door, Miyuki turned her attention to Eron who was the only other true Gaian in the group. Her and her brother didn't quite live in Gaia enough to really miss anything from there.

"Hey Eron, you probably tried different restaurants in Barton, anything rice based you miss?" she asked.

Eron thought about it, "Western or Eastern?"

Since he noticed a lot of them were talking about Eastern foods.

"Both," she replied, because Miyuki had never had Western foods that involved rice.

"Etouffee would be my favourite Western dish, but that requires shellfish," Eron replied without thinking, "Eastern, I like butter chicken. It's Indian fare."

Now those were two dishes Miyuki had never heard of at all. She wondered if Shiro had the recipes.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:09 pm

Shiro chuckled. "Well, we have more fish than chicken in storage, and we have no shellfish whatsoever. Aside from that, I'll see what I can find for different recipes. But Miyuki, you really shouldn't be surprised that Kaito would want sushi. It's Kaito. Fish is his favourite food."

Sure enough, a moment later, Kaito was back in with a sack over his shoulder.

"Lancaeriel, how much fish do we have?" he asked eagerly, his yellow eyes gleaming brightly.

Lancaeriel laughed heartily. "Predictable. Enough for a feast, Kaito. And no, you're not getting out of helping with other things and taking over the meal, though I won't say your help won't be welcome."

"You'd better listen to her, Kaito," Cael spoke up with chuckle. "If you get between her and her cooking, watch out." He gestured towards the back of his head and made a slapping motion.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Miyuki snickered, "You would know..."

She ducked back out to see if the others could help with the bags. If they all brought a bag in that would be most of the bags taken care of.

"A bag each?" she suggested.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:35 pm

"You got it," Wren grinned at Miyuki. She took one of the larger bags without hesitation, not to show off, but simply because she was quite certain that Khetal, being an academic, was not as strong as she was - that, and she wasn't the type of woman to let the men do the heavy lifting just because of their gender.

Khetal made no comment, but he picked up another bag, grunting slightly as he lifted it to his shoulder. "Show us where to put them," he nodded at Miyuki.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Miyuki agreed, quickly taking one of the bags and showing him the way to the storage room. Since Kaito already had a bag of rice, so the rest really could just go into storage until needed.

"This way!"

She had to nudge the screen doors open with her foot, which was easier than having to shoulder a door open she supposed.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Wren followed Miyuki inside, and she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw all the activity that was going on in there.

"Wow," she murmured, looking around in awe. "What's going on in here? I've never seen the place so decked out!"

Khetal ran into her from behind, and she moved aside to make room for him to come in. He was also impressed at how much had already been done.

"Wedding to celebrate!" Iorlas replied brightly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:56 pm

"Daenis and Mailon are getting married," Miyuki explained, "They decided last night. Let's get this into storage, then we can eat lunch and help out with the prepping."

She said this as if this was perfectly normal, and in fact she continued onwards to the storage to drop off the bag she was holding.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Khetal blinked, startled, but remained silent. Wren, however, was as curious as ever, and just as open with her questions.

"Wait a second," she protested as she followed after Miyuki. "They haven't even been speaking to each other! How did this come about so suddenly? I mean, I'm happy for them, but - not quite sure I understand how this happened."

Khetal followed after the two of them, swallowing hard and setting his jaw firmly.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:05 pm

"I think they have, we just aren't around when they do," Miyuki replied, "And... they kind of needed to work it out."

She wasn't going to mention that Mailon had (selfish) guilt issues the day prior.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:23 pm

"Uh huh." Wren chuckled softly. "Well, this is going to be fun. Our first wedding on the trip!" She was pleased. "I wonder if there will be any others, not that there's really anyone else to get married, but you know how it is. We do seem to attract all sorts."

She paused outside the door of the storage room and waited for Miyuki to open it for her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:15 pm

Miyuki was also holding a bag, so she nudged the door open with her foot.

"We do, I'd imagine we'll have more traveling partners before the trip even is close to ending," Miyuki replied.

She set her bag of rice off to the side next to the other food supplies. Rice and flour tended to keep well unless they weren't tended to properly. Well, rice better than flour, but they went through flour so quickly she didn't see it being an issue.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Wren laughed. "Yeah, probably."

Khetal eyed the two of them as he added his bag of flour to the others. "You make it sound like you're constantly having new people join your group," he said, his tone curious.

Wren giggled. "You could say that."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:09 pm

"Well considering we probably about half the number of people we have now...." Miyuki replied thoughtfully.

Honestly, she had trouble keeping track of the number of people in the tent these days, but she was sure their numbers had doubled. At this rate, she might have to expand the kitchen. Perhaps if they moved everything from the living room, she could expand it that way and then give the tent an expanded living room?

There was a thought.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Khetal chuckled softly. "Well, Kyrie always told me traveling puts people at risk of adventure. I suppose I'll have the opportunity to see it firsthand."

"But we should get back," Wren grinned. "There's a celebration tonight and I for one want to be part of the preparations for it."

The afternoon went by quickly, and soon it was time for the celebrations to begin.

"Someone had better find Andarien and Shoneah," Earendil commented as everyone gathered - Mailon and Daenis included, though they seemed a little too involved in each other to pay much attention to anyone else. "I don't think they've been out of the forge yet today."

"I'd offer to go," Shiro spoke up, glaring at his twin, "but I have to make sure Kaito's food actually makes it to the table."
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:37 pm

Lin buried her face against Earendil's shoulder to keep from laughing, it was so Kaito to do that and so Shiro to say that.

"I'll get them, but if they're not at the forge today, where are they?" Miyuki inquired.

She swore there were days the two lived in the forge.

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:41 pm

"If they're not in the forge, then no one knows," Daeron chuckled. "Go ahead, Miyuki. Let them know that if they're not here soon, there may not be anything left for them."

Which clearly wasn't exactly true, as there was so much food (the ladies had been quite busy all day after all - and Kaito, too), but there was little that would get those two out of the forge, and it was a wedding celebration after all.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:26 pm

"Okay," Miyuki grinned before making a beeline for the forge.

It was a good thing it was one of the first doors she made for that hallway. More convenient when getting her brother and Shoneah.

Poking her head in, Miyuki could feel the heat hit her and she called out so she wouldn't have to step all the way in.

"Dinner is ready!"

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Nara-pyon Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:48 pm

"Food!" Shoneah exclaimed, pushing some stray hairs back from her sweating forehead. She grinned at Andarien. "Come on, we can finish this tomorrow."

Andarien was clearly disappointed, but he used a large pair of tongs to pull a piece of metal out of the forge and set it on his anvil to cool. "You go ahead, I'll get things shut down in here," he told Shoneah, looking over at her.

Shoneah pursed her lips. "You're sure? I can help you ..."

"Nah, I'm good," Andarien grinned at her. "You go ahead. Go ahead and take Xipil, he needs to eat, too."

Zeus had been snoozing under a table with Xipil, but he came out now and performed a full-body stretch before yawning and padding towards Miyuki to see if any of his siblings had come with her.
Nara-pyon
Nara-pyon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Winters Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:19 pm

The only Pokemon with her was Ryo, who wanted to see what was going on.

"If you're sure, but I don't think we'll be starting dinner without you," Miyuki replied, "And it would be faster if it was the two of you. Especially since Shiro is trying to keep Kaito from eating a portion of the food already."

Kara Winters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next